Need Barb!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Even cleric in not always necessary. We did BH 79 linus+trans. with 4 venos,me and some1 else. I didn't have to heal any1. All aggro had herc. Same with barb not always is necessary in some bosses even unwanted. (manta, etc).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Even cleric in not always necessary. We did BH 79 linus+trans. with 4 venos,me and some1 else. I didn't have to heal any1. All aggro had herc. Same with barb not always is necessary in some bosses even unwanted. (manta, etc).

You're right Mumintroll.

I think though going into FB79 without a cleric would still make me nervous though! Still, i'd probably give it a go just for the hell of it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You're right Mumintroll.

I think though going into FB79 without a cleric would still make me nervous though! Still, i'd probably give it a go just for the hell of it!

It was wined. So no big deal. Unwined would be a lot harder.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes I agree having the combo barb/cleric is not always needed.A good wiz can substitute very well the cleric if purify isn't needed.Same for a barb,a good bm for phy bosses or wiz/cleric for mag bosses can do as good as a barb if crazy DDs aren't involved.
    Then again if you have a barb/cleric why use substitutes or almost as good classes.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I will say this there would be more classes at your disposal if the lvl cap was lowered.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I will say this there would be more classes at your disposal if the lvl cap was lowered.

...what? What does lowering the level cap have to do with anything? So we can have max level 8x noobs instead of just 8x noobs?

Edit: I have concluded that MystiMonk is either some kind of new troll that the world has not seen, or somehow related to MeowSaidTheDog from fark.com.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol ew -.- tell me u kidding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

simple.....
    she be not willing to level up so she wishes to "drag" everyone else down.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ...what? What does lowering the level cap have to do with anything? So we can have max level 8x noobs instead of just 8x noobs?

Edit: I have concluded that MystiMonk is either some kind of new troll that the world has not seen, or somehow related to MeowSaidTheDog from fark.com.
    On the contrary as I do have real life and I don't troll.I was talking past tense.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I remeber seeing many world shouts for over powered players needed for different bosses and such. One that sticks out is a shout demanding a 80+ barb for BH39 or possible FB39.

I whisper, "Whoah there buddy. That sounds kinda risky. Bettter get a level 90+ barb."

When i first started Harshlands i remember barbains tanking bosses that were orange to us. Now they need tanks 30 levels higher than boss before they ge brave enough to try.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LoL this reminds me of bh69, when a bm (lv88) wanted a BB. And there were 3 clerics...lol's did i laugh and i didnt stop laughing for 1h.

I actually did a bh69 with two clerics...one who had no idea what purify was....and the other who was obviously a BBaholic. And she insisted on using BB. And the other cleric insisted on only using IH on the barb. .....And they did it O.o BB-cleric seemingly had a large stash of chi apoth and the second that bubble went down it was back up again. IH clerics IH's seemingly were enough to keep the barb alive even debuffed.

People aren't content with regular failure-fail any longer....they've upgraded to skilled success-fail. :P
  • LingBanamu - Sanctuary
    LingBanamu - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I actually did a bh69 with two clerics...one who had no idea what purify was....and the other who was obviously a BBaholic. And she insisted on using BB. And the other cleric insisted on only using IH on the barb. .....And they did it O.o BB-cleric seemingly had a large stash of chi apoth and the second that bubble went down it was back up again. IH clerics IH's seemingly were enough to keep the barb alive even debuffed.

OMG, the horror! b:shocked

I don't see how that would even work out. But then again I've been able to solo heal in fb69 since my mid 60's using IH and purify. So maybe, somehow, an 8x cleric out-heals a 6x-7x cleric so much that purify isn't needed. >_<

Also a lol out to the BBaholic clerics, they are "fun" to be with in unwined instances. >in fb51 with a mid-6x bm in the squad< "zomg the bm is aoeing 3 mobs" *puts up bb.* In another case I had a level 68 cleric use either wield thunder or razor feathers in a group of mobs then put BB up.
    People aren't content with regular failure-fail any longer....they've upgraded to skilled success-fail. :P

Fail squad is... a success?!?! b:shocked b:shocked b:surrender

-Ling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I know one barb who seems to have missed the message "Barbs are needed to tank everything" in a BH Eden. We had one Wiz(me), 1 BM, cleric, Veno, one other and this barb. We get to the first boss and everything seems fine. Barb has full TT90 with good shards and refines. Fight starts and in a matter of seconds the BM and I are playing pass the aggro. The poor cleric is keeping up with the healing and this barb is just swinging away. After that fight the BM and I look at each other and pick who tanks which boss. Run was fine after that.

I've also seen other amazing failures in Eden. One that is almost unbelievable is the cleric that thought he could make more aggro with IH then the wiz who had just out damaged 3 better geared archers like it was nothing. I wonder how these idiots even made it to 90+. Oh yeah, they bought the levels.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I haven't actually seen it done, but I'm told that a mage can tank general Wurlord far better than a barb. Does rather prove that the AI is very poor.

If you were fighting a mage, would you stand back and throw spells at it, or get in and melee? :)
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Most people think that having a barb will be safer since they have flesh ream. Sure DD classes need to watch their skill usage if there are non barb tanks but comes with the job. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I haven't actually seen it done, but I'm told that a mage can tank general Wurlord far better than a barb. Does rather prove that the AI is very poor.

If you were fighting a mage, would you stand back and throw spells at it, or get in and melee? :)
    Even worse AI I see is on mobs that only have magical attacks that stop and buff themself with strenght of titans ... lame
    A good tank holds agrro with no problem even with 4 mad crazy ecstasy doped archer's/wizards so there is no need to hold back.I always told my DDs to unleash the ragnarok as we were starting even and with time they would spark as soon as battle starts.
    P.S.Making XXX comments on the mother of the said boss also helps on keeping hate b:victory
  • _bowser - Heavens Tear
    _bowser - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    lol@doing mantavip with a barb

Long story short, most players are fools who don't know what their classes are capable of. Last time I decided to help a squad with Fushma on my archer, the squad leader stayed behind in Archo complaining about how he couldn't find a barb while myself and the rest of the squad went and cleared out. When we got to Fush and told him to just come he refused and said having an archer tank would just get everyone killed. We decided to **** him if he didn't want to come and killed fush without any problems (including the aggro ping-pong that would have happened if I were to use an up-to-date weapon with a barb trying to tank in there).

There ARE still some people who know what a squad of competent people can do and are willing to work with them... but between BHs, oracles, laziness, and those in general who just suck at playing... it's getting harder to find those good players.
    this is....jus the smartest thing i have ever heard jus omfg finally someone with brains i cried from joy when i read this message im not lying people really need to learn there characters potential better seriously oracle babies bypass that completely they jus wanna lvl fast o well let them nothing u can do anyways but true bravo jus bravo
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    from my experience, i run bhs with bms or venos as tanks more often than with barbs
    usually i dont even mind asking for a barb...the only thing is the cleric for the last spot

absolutely no problems
  • Fuzznutts - Sanctuary
    Fuzznutts - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Awhile back on my Wiz alt (lvl 54 at the time) I ran a BH 39 with 1 Barb, 2 Archers, and 1 Veno. I provided the wine, so I talked them into attempting it with no Cleric (got tired of looking for one really), there were no deaths, and at the end the leader of the squad said he was surprised that Wizards could heal that well. I laughed and told them that Wizards are great back-up healers to Clerics a lot of times. They even do better sometimes when they get Sutra.

I try anything on my own at least twice (maybe 3 times depending on what it is) before I ask for help. I don't ask for help with normal quests, I hate asking for help with something I'm perfectly capable of doing on my own, even if it takes longer.

As for things like Mantavip or other magical bosses (like FB 59) I have no problem what so ever letting a Cleric or Wiz tank, heck I'll even push for it while I DD.
    If we always do what we've always done,
    We'll always get what we've always got~ (Unknown)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I did this with only 1 cleric who did not have Purify. Everyone was in their 80s.

Against Polearm, the Barb died once. I then had aggro and with awesomely skillful (i.e. lucky) timing of Wings of Grace and running around like a decapitated chicken using Elven Alacrity, the Barb was rezzed by the time I died. The cleric managed to keep the Barb alive *and* rez me so that I got credit. We succeeded and the cleric did not use Purify once.

So while the cleric did does deserve to be criticized for not having Purify, she does get partial credit for being calm under pressure and for successfully getting her part done for the BH.