Glacial walker question

AssassinRage - Dreamweaver
AssassinRage - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
Hi, i just got a glacial walker for my veno and i was wondering if i should keep the skills it has on it or add any ect.?
Post edited by AssassinRage - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you should add either bash or flesh ream.I'd say bash because of faster cooldown,but more pro venos should know better.
  • AssassinRage - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    k ty for your help i'll see wat others have 2 say too
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    keep its ice move, add bash, flesh ream, and maybe a debuff
    edited January 2010
    ok lol i got another questions 2, where do i buy these skills for my walker
  • NecroKitty - Harshlands
    NecroKitty - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have heard tell, there is a veno section in this forums.
    edited January 2010
    well sorry i just thought this would be a way to get a faster response if a GM wants to move then ok fine with me
  • LingBanamu - Sanctuary
    LingBanamu - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hi, i just got a glacial walker for my veno and i was wondering if i should keep the skills it has on it or add any ect.?

I would say keep the ice attack and roar, remove tough, add bash and add either shriek(decrease opponent's Mdef) or pierce(decrease opponent's Pdef).
    ok lol i got another questions 2, where do i buy these skills for my walker

You can buy most pet skills from Mrs. Zoologist in the southeast corner of Archosaur.

-Ling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    I would say keep the ice attack and roar, remove tough, add bash and add either shriek(decrease opponent's Mdef) or pierce(decrease opponent's Pdef).

You can buy most pet skills from Mrs. Zoologist in the southeast corner of Archosaur.

-Ling

tyvm now i just gotta wait till i go to arch which will be soon :D
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i have one, and did add bash to it. i dont know if i would FR on it too...i get yelled at enough by barbs for taking aggro from them as it is. dont have a lot of experience with it yet, just havent had time to spend the time leveling it....and had bad luck getting into the mouse room of the cube! :/

you should add either bash or flesh ream.I'd say bash because of faster cooldown,but more pro venos should know better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010

-Ling

Shriek interrupts cast, it does not decrease the mdef... that skill is howl.

Walker comes with 3 skills. Keep those for now. If you see bash for cheap, get it, if not get any other elemenetal attack, like lighting, fireball, sandblast.

You do not need to worry about leveling your pet skills until you are level 60+ anyway, so save your coin for other things. Once icicle is not enough to hold aggro, cycle your second elemental bash or bash skill.

Use roar for when you need a mob off you, since roar resets the aggro tables on the mob, and makes it go after the pet (after it finishes its current attack), which is a life saver quite often.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would honestly not get rid of Toughen if your Glacial Walker knows that skill innately... Its a useful self-buff for a tanking pet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LingBanamu - Sanctuary
    LingBanamu - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Shriek interrupts cast, it does not decrease the mdef... that skill is howl.

Ah, my bad, it's been a while since I have looked at or purchased skills for pets and got the two switched, thank you for clearing that up.
    You do not need to worry about leveling your pet skills until you are level 60+ anyway, so save your coin for other things. Once icicle is not enough to hold aggro, cycle your second elemental bash or bash skill.

Agreed, once you're 60+ it becomes a lot easier to steal aggro from your pet. That's the sign that your pet needs better skill levels.
    Use roar for when you need a mob off you, since roar resets the aggro tables on the mob, and makes it go after the pet (after it finishes its current attack), which is a life saver quite often.

This is one of the main reasons behind why I said to keep roar.
    I would honestly not get rid of Toughen if your Glacial Walker knows that skill innately... Its a useful self-buff for a tanking pet!

The only reason I was saying to get rid of it is because the buff lasts only 15 seconds with a 60 second cooldown. The only usefulness I have found for having it is when I am trying to have my magmite to tank a boss that he shouldn't be able to tank, I give him a lack of heals during normal mobs, or the magmite somehow gains aggro during a boss and I need some time to catch up on heals. Tough does have it's uses, but I feel that I don't use it enough on my veno to say to keep it. I was just giving the OP advice based on my experience as a veno.

-Ling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would lvl it to your lvl before buying any skills.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would lvl it to your lvl before buying any skills.

Unless it's a skill like Claw, Protect, or Strong which would help in leveling.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Unless it's a skill like Claw, Protect, or Strong which would help in leveling.
    none of which are common, so should not be considered for putting on one
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have a question myself. I heard the walker is actually superior to the shadou. I'm currently using a shadou on my veno for tanking, should I change to a walker or is the difference small enough for it not to matter much?

Baffles me that they made a free pet better than a 1m rare one.
  • JenaiChan - Sanctuary
    JenaiChan - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have a question myself. I heard the walker is actually superior to the shadou. I'm currently using a shadou on my veno for tanking, should I change to a walker or is the difference small enough for it not to matter much?

I've actually heard that some post (Can't remember what it was ._.) that said it's like a shaodu cub, but with a higher attack. So I guess, it's better? Speed and evasion-wise, I assume it's much, much slower than the shaodu cub (Assuming this because I can't afford a shaodu cub >w>;)So, basically, I guess you should?

Edit : Well, the glacial walker is level 19, at the start, shaodu cub at level 20, if there was some pictures, I would estimate that the glacial walker could've have the same stats at the shaodu cub, if not, more. (Might be really really close?D:)

Double Edit : Thanks to Vixey for correcting me.
    o.o.
  • Vixey - Raging Tide
    Vixey - Raging Tide Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2010

The only thing shadou cub has over glacial walker is its innate skill pounce which comes in real handy. I think it just boils down to what pet you want the most I guess.

Just my opinion here but, I prefer Glacial Walker for 2 reasons..1: its free. and 2: it looks cool lol
    Edit : Well, the glacial walker is level 19, at the start, shaodu cub at level 40, if there was some pictures, I would estimate that the glacial walker could've have the same stats at the shaodu cub, if not, more.

I think you mean shadou cub is level 20 :x
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aww my cat likes you b:chuckle
  • JenaiChan - Sanctuary
    JenaiChan - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The only thing shadou cub has over glacial walker is its innate skill pounce which comes in real handy. I think it just boils down to what pet you want the most I guess.

Just my opinion here but, I prefer Glacial Walker for 2 reasons..1: its free. and 2: it looks cool lol

I think you mean shadou cub is level 20 :x

Thanks, I wonder where the level 40 came from. o.o.
    o.o.
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you want make a look on my compare of 4 pets. 2 new and 2 what i used on 42lvl.
    Glacier, Magmite, Froggling and Dark Wanderer. I dont have cub. So if you have some on 42lvl you can compare.

http://tinyurl.com/petici
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you want make a look on my compare of 4 pets. 2 new and 2 what i used on 42lvl.
    Glacier, Magmite, Froggling and Dark Wanderer. I dont have cub. So if you have some on 42lvl you can compare.

For those who don't want to do the math there, the Dark Wanderer does about 15.7% more damage per second than the Walker or the Magmite.

Frogling: Atk 592 * Rate 0.8 = 459.2 dps
    Crystalline Magmite: Atk 900 * Rate 0.6 = 540 dps
    Glacial Walker: Atk 901 * Rate 0.6 = 540.6 dps
    Dark Wanderer: Atk 782 * Rate 0.8 = 625.6 dps
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Shadou Lv56

HP 1959/1959

Atk 835 @ 0.80/s

Phys 4647 Mag 4647

Acc 1026 Evade 808

Walkers pretty awesome and hits a lot harder but shadou still seems to serve the purpose. I don't really think I need to replace it, but I wouldn't pay 1m if I didn't have one.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    what ends up happening, is their attack gets quite a bit higher than the others, their attack speed will be irrelevant if you slapped multiple aggro skills on one of the higher attack pets, like golem or scorpion vs herc/wanderer. in a 1 skill dps bout, sure the faster speed will take over in a longer fight, but slap multiple skills on those bigger attack pets, and no herc or whatever will ever keep aggro.

the maths been done, currently sifting through veno threads to find it
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2010

42 cub stats are:
    1469 hp
    522 atk (>500 loyalty)
    3434 pdef
    3434 mdef
    766 accuracy
    606 evasion
    6.9 m/s
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    522? Wow, that's worse DPS than the Frogling.

Shadou Cub: Atk 522 * Rate 0.8 = 417.6 dps
    edited January 2010
    ha didn't think this forum would get so many posts and ty all for the advice i will just get bash at around 60+ then b:pleased
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    522? Wow, that's worse DPS than the Frogling.

Shadou Cub: Atk 522 * Rate 0.8 = 417.6 dps

Yes Shadou Cub have very bad attack.
    Dark Wandered is going to be best grind pet after legendary.
    High attack and high def is good combination. Only ONE bad thing he doesnt come with agro skill so you need buy him some.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Moved to the correct section. Threads posted in the wrong section will be locked or moved.

If you want to make sure that your thread remains open, please post in the right forum section b:victory
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what ends up happening, is their attack gets quite a bit higher than the others, their attack speed will be irrelevant if you slapped multiple aggro skills on one of the higher attack pets, like golem or scorpion vs herc/wanderer. in a 1 skill dps bout, sure the faster speed will take over in a longer fight, but slap multiple skills on those bigger attack pets, and no herc or whatever will ever keep aggro.

the maths been done, currently sifting through veno threads to find it

In the case of instances where pets do more damage than others, and with someone else tanking: the pet that can do more dd while not using applied skills is going to be a clear winner. The skill slots can also be better used by skills like Strong, Howl, and Claw. I chose to start leveling a Dark Wanderer also because of it's speed which is important to me in a grind pet. It's one of the sweetest looking pets as well.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    there may already be a pic but.... anyone have a comparison of scorpion and dark wanderer for a DD pet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]