Tide Form = Useless?

Velarious - Heavens Tear
Velarious - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
ive no idea on any1 elses opinions on this or if any1 can actualy find a use for it, but aside from it only being useful in the water, its barly even useful then.

the only plus side is u can swim faster, it may have the +defense level but that doesnt counter the fact you cant use a single skill while in the form, not even fury, also the defense level barly makes much of a diff from what ive tested so far,

it wud be good if we cud atleast use some certain skills while in the form just like venos can use there skills while being a fox...only makes sence i think.
Post edited by Velarious - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Rather useless imo....just makes for faster swimming and defense "just in case."

I level'd mine to level 2 and have stopped....would rather have the extra spirit elsewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think its more of a run away in water PvP skill ._. the defense level lets you take more hits and the speed lets go fasta. Go fishy go :D
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'd say it's useless for psychics except for swimming speed (for a fast getaway), for assassins the extra defense is a bonus if you're normally fighting with normal attacks (and the swimming speed bonus lets you get away when things go south.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'd say it's useless for psychics except for swimming speed (for a fast getaway), for assassins the extra defense is a bonus if you're normally fighting with normal attacks (and the swimming speed bonus lets you get away when things go south.)

ur not gonna be a very good assassin if u normally use auto atks to kill ..altho sometimes im lazy and do that but it uses alot more hp pots
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I normally have life powder and bloodpaint active (yeah, I go through a lot of life powder.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • calvinh
    calvinh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Agreed! This expansion is nothing more than lure new player or trying bring back oldies.

There is no quest rewards for psychic at 30+

A turtle can even walk faster than my psychic....under water skill is useless. I mean you can't even use any other skills once you transform into a mermaid....then wtf????? is it for swimming contest?????
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Who cares? I get to turn into a beautiful mermaid... b:dirty
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    calvinh wrote: »
    Agreed! This expansion is nothing more than lure new player or trying bring back oldies.

A turtle can even walk faster than my psychic....under water skill is useless. I mean you can't even use any other skills once you transform into a mermaid....then wtf????? is it for swimming contest?????

Guess what! You don't have to play one, and no one said you have to use their racial ability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Let's face it, all magic-using classes walk slow except for venomancers. They all run at 4.8m/s speed.

And as mentioned, no one told you to come back or play the new classes. It's really your own choice. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Its more for Pvp geared players from what I understand. I would imagine that being able to swim faster and take a hit or two more would be a good thing in Pvp land :) I do believe they should change it to where you can use at least normal attacks in that mode. Or a sudden stun to anything that hits you while in that mode for like 3 seconds or something.
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I use it for water mobs when I can. Lifepowder + Bloodpaint means I zip around killing sharks in record time while not using any mp pots and only the rare hp pot.

Not having an undine anymore, its the next best thing b:laugh
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I rather enjoy killing things in Tide Form. You just have to know what to kill. It also makes swimming around a lot nicer.

~DF
  • turanschi
    turanschi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    can i transform in tide form underwather??
    edited January 2010
    I think its more of a run away in water PvP skill ._. the defense level lets you take more hits and the speed lets go fasta. Go fishy go :D
    turanschi wrote: »
    can i transform in tide form underwather??

You MUST use tideform in water. It does not work on land.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It does not work on land.

Some places you can go on land in mermaid form.... you look like flipper, standing on your tail, and you can even jump and do flips for extra fish goodies
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • turanschi
    edited January 2010
    and how can i transform in tide form??
    edited January 2010
    turanschi wrote: »
    and how can i transform in tide form??

You have to learn the skill, its learned at a very low lvl. Go to the trainer for your class and look for it.
  • turanschi
    edited January 2010
    tnx sory to bother but i am new in the game tnx for help.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010

why dismiss his opinion when its halfway true. the expansion is not even well made. people with ATI graphic card get black screen glitch. they just pulled some cool looking things together threw it amisdt a storm of anni packs and VOILA!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    sooo having tideform is better than not having it at all? jeez wtf people will always have something to complain about.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have no idea on anyone's else opinion on this, or if anyone can actually find any use for it. Aside from being useful for swiming faster, tideborn form is barely useful anywhere else.

It may have the increased defense level but that doesn't justify the fact you can't use a single skill while in that form. You cannot use even fury. Also, the defense level barely makes much of a difference from what I've tested so far.

It would be good if we could at least use some certain skills while in that form just like venos can use certain skills while being a fox. Only that makes sense I think.

I couldn't avoid going ahead and fixing most of the gramatical/typing/orthographical errors from the original poster. Yes, I am bored.
    edited January 2010

No quest rewards? So what you are saying is that the rest of us all share the same HP/MP helms that tideborn should have some specific to their own race? Or how about all the arcane/light armor that is given out as quest rewards? The tideborn should have their own arcane/light armor specific for their race?

I think that you quite overshot that there are "NO QUEST REWARDS for PSYCHIC at 30+" Maybe they aren't the rewards you want, but there are rewards.

Ever think that maybe tideform is for people who are fighting in the water, get attacking by a few aggro mobs and need to get away fast? Perhaps it could be for Pvp when ur trying to get away from some bm on a power trip who happens to not swim as fast as you, you can use water to get away.

There is good and bad in everything, please quit seeing the glass as always half empty. It is good for something.

why dismiss his opinion when its halfway true. the expansion is not even well made. people with ATI graphic card get black screen glitch. they just pulled some cool looking things together threw it amisdt a storm of anni packs and VOILA!

His opinion isn't half true. There is only one truth in it that I see, and that is that the expansion is here to lure back old players and entice new ones. Exactly what do you think any expansion is for on any MMO? The same exact reason and you can't hardly blame a company for trying to lure back old players or entice new players.

I personally don't like the looks of the tideborn city. And its way to difficult to navigate in. You have to either be able to fly or run forever around things just to move around in it, the fact that it doesn't work with some people's graphics cards is not the fault of the company. Its just plain bad luck for the company and the consumer. But its not anyone's "fault". I won't even comment on your bringing the anni packs into this topic except to say its off topic.
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The quests Tb bring are actually well rewarding maybe for a total of 2 mil xp.
    As for the armours I don't remember saying on them they were assassin or psychic only.Someone that still have those lvl 10 armours should check but I think were free for any class.
    As for TB for I heard they should have a melee and a ranged attack while in mermaid firm.The melee attack is red buble and the magic one a blue buble.I'm just joking,or am I?b:chuckle
  • Fatboykkb - Heavens Tear
    Fatboykkb - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Who cares? I get to turn into a beautiful mermaid... b:dirty

use meditate?
  • Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver
    Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yes, tideform is useless
  • Crimson_Lion - Dreamweaver
    Crimson_Lion - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you want to see something funny with tide forms though, i watched a group try to kill the sea dragon in tide form... didn't work to well.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No quest rewards? So what you are saying is that the rest of us all share the same HP/MP helms that tideborn should have some specific to their own race? Or how about all the arcane/light armor that is given out as quest rewards? The tideborn should have their own arcane/light armor specific for their race?

I think that you quite overshot that there are "NO QUEST REWARDS for PSYCHIC at 30+" Maybe they aren't the rewards you want, but there are rewards.

I think what he meant was that there are plenty of quests that reward weapons.... usually some sort of magic weapon/a melee weapon/ or a bow =P None give TB a weapon other than their weapon token quests. And for those quests, all the TB can do is choose one and immediately sale it =P really stupid imo.
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    dunno what ur complaining bout. i'm happy with my sin. tidefomr sure is usefull cause i can tank that way(at least up to 3 mobs lol) 10 def lvl is ncie + bloodpaint+suppyl stash daggers which i have +later on even mold from token 4. i don't need to use hp pots a lot. cause i crit a lot(13% makes it noticeable) so all in all its not bad
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear61
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear61 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've found Tide Form to be VERY usefull so far. as an assassin I keep Bloodpaint active at all times, that combine with healing powder and the +10 def lvl of maxed tide form makes me damn near invincable underwater.

Before this I've hated water quests more then anything in PW, but now, I'm loving them, I was even grinding some underwater because it's so damn easy. lol
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah sure perhaps the tideform is a lil lacking. Im mean untamed are allowed to have abilities in thier animal form. I know that there isnt much under water fighting. Still thought that the tideborns mermaid form like the untamed, would have abilities.

Meh anyway, nearly every class must have aleast one skill thats useless, so do what other people do. Dont worry about it and concentrate on the skills that are useful ^^v
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
This discussion has been closed.