Tide Form = Useless?

2»

Comments

• OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think what he meant was that there are plenty of quests that reward weapons.... usually some sort of magic weapon/a melee weapon/ or a bow =P None give TB a weapon other than their weapon token quests. And for those quests, all the TB can do is choose one and immediately sale it =P really stupid imo.

Ok so the rest of us should be upset b/c the tideborn get a special quest every 10 lvls to get a legendary weapon or mirages. No other race gets that. Tideborn has plenty of "perks" that the rest of the classes don't get. Really... I don't see the issue.
    Yeah sure perhaps the tideform is a lil lacking. Im mean untamed are allowed to have abilities in thier animal form. I know that there isnt much under water fighting. Still thought that the tideborns mermaid form like the untamed, would have abilities.

Meh anyway, nearly every class must have aleast one skill thats useless, so do what other people do. Dont worry about it and concentrate on the skills that are useful ^^v

That and the rest of us get no special transformations in the water. 4 other classes get nothin. I agree.. concentrate on what is useful and move on!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    @plenty of quests that reward weapons but not for TB:

I WOULD LIKE WEAPON TOKEN QUESTS VERY MUCH! our quest given **** couldn't even compare to those. even if you got mirages just live on mob dropped or manufactured wep like the rest of us did at lower levels. apparently our quest weapons were SOO GOOD and we were at SUCH an advantage back then. ok lets see...

Tideborn are totally missing out man. check this Bow of the Goddess at lvl 45, you WISH you had this mana addon!

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12507

other than that bow, there is literally nothing else that i can think of in terms of weapon for archers...unless you call warsoul, 8jun, weapon from sages, and collecting dragon orders quests.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    one thing i have been wondering about- TB get nice looking armour from quests around lv15, that is unique to them. but what happens after? from what i've seen, it doesnt seem there is anything pretty by way of armour on down the road for them?b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Kesseron - Dreamweaver
    Kesseron - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    calvinh wrote: »
    Agreed! This expansion is nothing more than lure new player or trying bring back oldies.

There is no quest rewards for psychic at 30+

A turtle can even walk faster than my psychic....under water skill is useless. I mean you can't even use any other skills once you transform into a mermaid....then wtf????? is it for swimming contest?????

I was informed that the Tideborn Swimming Contest will be held this summer. b:laugh
    one thing i have been wondering about- TB get nice looking armour from quests around lv15, that is unique to them. but what happens after? from what i've seen, it doesnt seem there is anything pretty by way of armour on down the road for them?b:question

It doesnt seem like it ._.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2010

It doesnt seem like it ._.

that stinks.....why lead us on, with that, and then pull the plug? as it is, it seems to me the TB psychs are more or less a nerfed elf cleric, without the healing skills. im still playing mine, trying to find the gold in them, but so far, no real luck... :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i believe the gode is that they hit hard and are more potent defensively
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010

tell them to use the normal LA/AA quest rewards like the rest of us dob:shocked
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Shimm - Sanctuary
    Shimm - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Tideborns mermaid useless?
    LOL.
    1st lvlup, than judge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Let's face it, all magic-using classes walk slow except for venomancers. They all run at 4.8m/s speed.

And as mentioned, no one told you to come back or play the new classes. It's really your own choice. b:bye

summer sprint can do die =[
    so jealous of that skill
    @plenty of quests that reward weapons but not for TB:

I WOULD LIKE WEAPON TOKEN QUESTS VERY MUCH! our quest given **** couldn't even compare to those. even if you got mirages just live on mob dropped or manufactured wep like the rest of us did at lower levels. apparently our quest weapons were SOO GOOD and we were at SUCH an advantage back then. ok lets see...

Tideborn are totally missing out man. check this Bow of the Goddess at lvl 45, you WISH you had this mana addon!

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12507

other than that bow, there is literally nothing else that i can think of in terms of weapon for archers...unless you call warsoul, 8jun, weapon from sages, and collecting dragon orders quests.

lmfao
  • secura1761
    secura1761 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    for your info tide form rocks i just love the fact that i get to be a mermaid!
    cute,cool,popular!!!
  • secura1761
    secura1761 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    calvinh wrote: »
    Agreed! This expansion is nothing more than lure new player or trying bring back oldies.

There is no quest rewards for psychic at 30+

A turtle can even walk faster than my psychic....under water skill is useless. I mean you can't even use any other skills once you transform into a mermaid....then wtf????? is it for swimming contest?????

you know it may be useless but you should be happy that u can even BE a mermaid and i only use mermaid form for looks!
    cute,cool,popular!!!
  • Secuoia - Heavens Tear
    Secuoia - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    secura1761 wrote: »
    for your info tide form rocks i just love the fact that i get to be a mermaid!

You have just necroed a threadb:bye
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    secura1761 wrote: »
    you know it may be useless but you should be happy that u can even BE a mermaid and i only use mermaid form for looks!
    I'd prefer to have a skill that's, I dunno, useful? I have fashion to feed my vanity.
    You have just necroed a threadb:bye

Also: ^This
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Please don't necro threads.

This discussion has been closed.