Stealth, Awareness, and You.

Options

Comments

• Athena - Raging Tide
    Athena - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just have the assassin attack him. Problem solved. Then everyone can attack him. b:victory
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Uhm, to answer that previous question, no. People cannot see your wings, your genie, your sage/demon fairy, your name, your buffs while in stealth. Stealth makes you 100% completly cloaked.

I also learnt that you can be in stealth in your tideform so long as you hit stealth first, then transform in the water. o.o.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Bump.
    /10char
  • DayzFade - Heavens Tear
    DayzFade - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    re-bump, ty for this thread, really needed some more info and you provided ^^
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So let me get this straight, if someone's stealth level is equal to another's awareness they'll be able to see, right?
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So let me get this straight, if someone's stealth level is equal to another's awareness they'll be able to see, right?

That I'm not too sure about, but I think that's how it works. I'm gonna have to test this soon.
  • Orintaz - Raging Tide
    Orintaz - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thx for the guide :P heped me abit xD
  • Piper_Shiva - Harshlands
    Piper_Shiva - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Very, very much appreciated! I hope you do a full guide, because if it's anywhere near as helpful as this was, I'll never die again, in game! :3
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Very, very much appreciated! I hope you do a full guide, because if it's anywhere near as helpful as this was, I'll never die again, in game! :3

As in a full assassin guide?
    I'll probably write one much later on if no one else has when I really understand more about all the skills. That'll be a while considering how damn expensive these skills are >:(
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The skills themselves are not actually all that horridly expensive compared to other classes.

If you consider a veno, most people stick to human form and occasionally put some spirit in for squad fox debuffs. Due to 1 skill at every 10 lvls, the sp isn't all that hard to keep up.

In the case of a cleric, you have multiple skills all of which begin early on and there's no way to afford them all w/o some serious leveling and badges for sp alone.

Sin is very similar to the cleric in this aspect as we have many skills that are beneficial to us and most of them come fairly quick. There is also a massive build up at 59 where most classes only get 2 skills, not 4 to try and pick through. As you're level progresses the spirit will get easier to disperse as you get more per lvl and will have a better idea of which skills you really use and benefit you the most.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i had enough spirit to get all 6 of my 59 skills at 59 o.O
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Oo well apparently I can't count for shist lol, but point remains the same on spirit
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Oo well apparently I can't count for shist lol, but point remains the same on spirit

lol cost me over a mil in coin and about 800k spirit for level 1 on all 59 skills and then level 7 rib strike and level 7 dagger mastery
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To get all skills to 1 at lv59 you'll need a total of 522k spirit, and you need 260k spirit from culti. If you start saving up when you hit 57ish you should -easily- have enough. Money would be a bigger problem for most, but dunno, I'm funding my sin with bh100.
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The skills themselves are not actually all that horridly expensive compared to other classes.

If you consider a veno, most people stick to human form and occasionally put some spirit in for squad fox debuffs. Due to 1 skill at every 10 lvls, the sp isn't all that hard to keep up.

In the case of a cleric, you have multiple skills all of which begin early on and there's no way to afford them all w/o some serious leveling and badges for sp alone.

Sin is very similar to the cleric in this aspect as we have many skills that are beneficial to us and most of them come fairly quick. There is also a massive build up at 59 where most classes only get 2 skills, not 4 to try and pick through. As you're level progresses the spirit will get easier to disperse as you get more per lvl and will have a better idea of which skills you really use and benefit you the most.

Oh I know Assassins aren't the only class with expensive skills. I've played as... pretty much every other class (mainly a wizard, up to 77), with only two not being 60+ (My sin is 62 atm, the avatar refuses to update -.-). But they're still expensive and it's going to take me a while to able to afford all of them lol
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Bump.
    /10char
    Anyone wanna request this to get stickied? :D
  • Shade - Raging Tide
    Shade - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol cost me over a mil in coin and about 800k spirit for level 1 on all 59 skills and then level 7 rib strike and level 7 dagger mastery

Wow really? I was only able to get 3 of em when I got my culti done, but I also focused a lot on leveling chill of the deep and my stealth passives...
  • YupYup - Sanctuary
    YupYup - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Maybe a stupid qeustion, but how to exit/end shadow escape once you started it?

I tried esc etc, but that doesnt work (while that normally cancel your current skill)

.. any thoughts?
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Maybe a stupid qeustion, but how to exit/end shadow escape once you started it?

I tried esc etc, but that doesnt work (while that normally cancel your current skill)

.. any thoughts?

attack something or cast shadow walk again
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wow really? I was only able to get 3 of em when I got my culti done, but I also focused a lot on leveling chill of the deep and my stealth passives...

while on a pve server i didn't see any point of leveling my stealth passives till i can TW
  • Catsnap - Heavens Tear
    Catsnap - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    awesome guide! thanks again! Looking forward to the full sin guide -whenever it is that you will publish it (no pressure there) lol
    b:victory job well done b:victory
  • YupYup - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    attack something or cast shadow walk again

but it has a90 sec cooldown time, so you cannot cast it before that... and if you use shadow escape to escape from mobs (because you almost die or whatever) its stupid to attack a new mob if your HP isnt high enough for that

so thats why i wondered is there a other way to stop wasting your MP ?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    but it has a90 sec cooldown time, so you cannot cast it before that... and if you use shadow escape to escape from mobs (because you almost die or whatever) its stupid to attack a new mob if your HP isnt high enough for that

so thats why i wondered is there a other way to stop wasting your MP ?
    You can cast Shadow Walk to get out of Shadow Escape. Shadow Walk has a low cooldown.
  • YupYup - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the info, to bad esc aint working :)
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So far so good. I can confirm everything mentioned here with a slightly remark.

You can use your 15 Chi teleport skill into a "Enemy" target and stealth won't break. Also you can't teleport to guards, you get the animation that you did, but a second later you will be send back to the original spot where you used the tele skill.

Also something a lot of ppl ask me is if they can use stealth to pass rooms in cube like the "Have a Listen" w/o having to go around the mobs. The answer is no. Any mob with [?] in it, instead of a numeric level, will see you.

What i have noticed with Shadow Escape in PvP is that, if you get hit/dotted/debuffed during the animation, you will still go into stealth. However, be quick to teleport out into a friendly squad member/mob that is in a different location to prevent people from breaking your stealth via AoE dmg.

Can't think of anything else ATM. If i remember something worth to mention i'll be back around to post.
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So far so good. I can confirm everything mentioned here with a slightly remark.

Thank you b:thanks
    You can use your 15 Chi teleport skill into a "Enemy" target and stealth won't break.

Yup, because teleporting doesn't put you in combat mode.
    Also something a lot of ppl ask me is if they can use stealth to pass rooms in cube like the "Have a Listen" w/o having to go around the mobs. The answer is no. Any mob with [?] in it, instead of a numeric level, will see you.

Thank you for this, I forgot to mention it.
    What i have noticed with Shadow Escape in PvP is that, if you get hit/dotted/debuffed during the animation, you will still go into stealth.

I already mentioned that in my guide, but thanks though :P
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Bump.
    /10char
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you ever try to share knowledge again is such a boring fashion, I will kill you
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you ever try to share knowledge again is such a boring fashion, I will kill you

k, you're welcome
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What about PvE wise? Are the awareness of mobs zero?