Stealth, Awareness, and You.

13»

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Awareness level = mob level

And not sure if it was confirmed yet but...

Lv75, max Shadow Walk, Lv5 Cat-like Thread. A lv95 mob was able to see me. So if Stealth and Awareness levels are equal, you can be seen.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    Athena - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And not sure if it was confirmed yet but...

Lv75, max Shadow Walk, Lv5 Cat-like Thread. A lv95 mob was able to see me. So if Stealth and Awareness levels are equal, you can be seen.

Thanks for confirming, forgot all about this O.o
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Can anyone confirm that you can/'t ride a mount in stealth mode? I can't test this myself. If we can, the the snake island race would be a breeze because those annoying color balls that slow you down can't see you in stealth. Take a focus powder and race w/o being stopped. b:victory
  • Rubycc - Heavens Tear
    Rubycc - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    your are unable to mount up while in stealth, you will be able to start summoning the pet however it will tell you that you are 'unable to ride here' was pretty sure about this but i tested it just in case, i mounted up, unmounted, stealthed, and tried mounting up again~
  • ShadowTheif - Raging Tide
    ShadowTheif - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    drink pots to keep mp high in stealth mode if you don't have a charm
  • TangLung - Lost City
    TangLung - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ok, maybe this awareness thing does not work exactly how it says.

Let me tell you why this appears to be the case:

I have a lvl 76 sin, with lvl 10 Shadow Walk, and 8 Cat-like Tread (or 9, not sure now :S )

Moments ago, I ganked a 7x cleric, and then went back into Shadow Walk. All things considered, I had a 106 stealth level.

No one but another sin should have been able to see me, and only if that sin's awareness is high enough.

That said, I was 1-shotted by ZilCaVanz, a lvl 101 Archer. In itself, this is not surprising, given that ZilCaVanz is in Kami and has NV gear.

What IS surprising is that ZilCaVanz was able to SEE me, despite me having a 106 stealth level, as opposed to her (his?) detection lvl of 101.

So how in the hell did she see me?

I pm'd her asking this, and she basically said, "Don't believe what you read on you character sheet; your character level is the only real indication of your stealth lvl".

This does NOT make any sense, because with a red name, I have been around 8x's who very obviously were NOT aware of me, until I un-stealthed and killed them.

Fact remains, she DID see me and killed me. Something is obvously wrong in this stealth / detection formula, unless there is some skill to see sins if you're not a sin...

-TL
    I came, I saw, I pwned you....QQ
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Well, for one, their awareness level doesn't have to be higher. You can been seen by awareness equal to your stealth level. The Archer probably just used a Sin pot.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Detection pot, perhaps?

Anyone at or above your level that uses one of those can see you if you only have level 10 shadow walk when they use one of those.
  • TangLung - Lost City
    TangLung - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ok, that's what I was wondering. There IS such a thing as a "detection" pot. This would explain it all.

Thanks,
    -TL
    I came, I saw, I pwned you....QQ
  • HoneyPott - Archosaur
    HoneyPott - Archosaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm not sure of the name of the Anti-Invisibility or Detection pots, but they can apparently be manufactured only by the members of the faction holding Raging Tide with the appropriate apothecary level (level 6, I should imagine, if it's like IGs). Of course, the faction doesn't have to keep it to themselves, so some members perhaps give it away or sell it to people in other factions.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ok, that's what I was wondering. There IS such a thing as a "detection" pot. This would explain it all.

Thanks,
    -TL

The detection pot do exists, and it raises your awareness lvl by 20. I't just that U need to own specific lands to be able to make the pot, so it's not easy to get, nor available for everyone. I think that it's a fair enough counterweight against the dangerousness of Shadow Escape skill, for those who says that it makes sins overpowered and that there's no way to defeat us, they're obviously wrong, but if they want to win easy, go play games inspired on Mickey Mouse then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010

The detection pot do exists, and it raises your awareness lvl by 20. I't just that U need to own specific lands to be able to make the pot, so it's not easy to get, nor available for everyone. I think that it's a fair enough counterweight against the dangerousness of Shadow Escape skill, for those who says that it makes sins overpowered and that there's no way to defeat us, they're obviously wrong, but if they want to win easy, go play games inspired on Mickey Mouse then.

The 20 is actually a typo and it's been tested to be 30. It make sense because it cancels out the stealth level gained by Sin's skills so that any player with the pot can see same level Sin or lower.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    only problem u cant do aoe without target :(

Genie skill: Bramble Rage. No target needed. Sin's worst nightmare.
    It should also be noted that when you use Shadow Escape, any attacks being channeled with you as the target will not be canceled; they will finish channeling and hit you while in stealth. However, they will not knock you out of stealth. You can only be knocked out of stealth if a skill's channeling begins after you enter stealth.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Genie skill: Bramble Rage. No target needed. Sin's worst nightmare.

What? You need a target for BR... I'm not sure where you get the idea that you don't.

The odd thing about stealth is that stun doesn't always knock you out of stealth. I haven't notice this for getting hit, but when I escape after killing a target and either BM or Barb does AoE stun, I sometimes stay in stealth. From the times I can remember, I was jumping and getting stunned in air while getting away but didn't get knock out of stealth. I might look into this more when I'm not lazy.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What? You need a target for BR... I'm not sure where you get the idea that you don't.
    Hm...I hang corrected.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~