Same sex embrace

Options
Blue_Pandora - Dreamweaver
Blue_Pandora - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
We don't live in the dark ages anymore. Same sex couple's don't get stoned to death. b:victory

Anyway, the main reason is that it would be better for taxiing people around by air. I wanna be able to lift friends that are female and to low leveled to fly on their own yet because they play other races.
Post edited by Blue_Pandora - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just this, just this, nothing else Ill say:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=558051
  • Blue_Pandora - Dreamweaver
    Blue_Pandora - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That didn't explain much though.
    I get that it has been discussed before and apparently Chinese tradition means it'll never happen...

I wasn't aware that the game was set in a time of Chinese tradition.
    Then again... I've never been to china so who am I to say that they have never had flying people and chicks that turn into foxes there. b:chuckle
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Never. Going. To. Happen.

inb4lock
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Guepard - Sanctuary
    Guepard - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I get that it has been discussed before and apparently Chinese tradition means it'll never happen...

Then again... I've never been to china so who am I to say that they have never had flying people and chicks that turn into foxes there. b:chuckle

Chinese tradition like Santa Claus? b:laugh
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Our game is based off of the Chinese version. The people working on this version in California, from what I gather, don't have the right to alter the game as they please. Whatever files they get from the Chinese devs are applied here, and that's it. Because same sex couples/embracing/whatever are against Chinese tradition, it won't ever be implemented here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    gotta love those Chinese traditions b:victory
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • Guepard - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Kill another players (PK) for steal objects is a chinese tradition? b:laugh
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah i wanna be able to hold my girl <3
  • Kesseron - Dreamweaver
    Kesseron - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Oh my god, best point ever! b:laugh
    Kill another players (PK) for steal objects is a chinese tradition? b:laugh

We have Panda Barbarians don't we? Isn't killing Pandas against Chinese law? I can't remember. Was it Guild Wars that never incorporated Panda pets since it conflicted with this? (Since Panda pets would mean Panda baddies.) If we have Santa, and can kill Pandas in PWI, It doesn't seem like they really give two flying screws about Chinese tradition to me either. b:surrender

Just sayin'.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah, but these things you guys are using as examples are so blatantly fictional while same-sex relationships aren't. Tradition probably isn't even the most suitable word for it, but you all know what we mean anyways. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Kesseron - Dreamweaver
    Kesseron - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah, but these things you guys are using as examples are so blatantly fictional while same-sex relationships aren't. Tradition probably isn't even the most suitable word for it, but you all know what we mean anyways. lol

Killing pandas is blatantly fictional? b:shocked
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Killing pandas is blatantly fictional? b:shocked

When they're wearing armor and carrying axes, I would hope so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Guepard - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When they're wearing armor and carrying axes, I would hope so.

And kill humans? for example blademasters, it is fiction? if kill is fiction, marriage can be fiction too...

-Santa Claus
    -Kill people (and pandas)

Chineses traditions? I think no...

Why girl and barbarian can marriage? Marriage with animals is a chinese tradition?
    XDDDD
  • Hecklar - Sanctuary
    Hecklar - Sanctuary Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Even if we can't do the Same sex thing.. At least allow us to pick up a Guy on our mounts.. Their isn't anything in China saying we don't have the rights to drive is there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I support true forms :3
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i don't give a flying **** in space..as long as there are NO same sex marriages and embracing thats cool
    Chinese FTW!!
    i would like 2 go back to those *dark ages**picks up stone* :D
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    PWI can't do a thing about this, because they AREN'T ALLOWED TO CHANGE ANY PARAMETERS IN THE FILES GIVEN TO THEM.

Go learn Mandarin and take the issue up yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Lyonna_S - Sanctuary
    Lyonna_S - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    XD i want to carry my friend too XD

it will be fun lol...I've tried giving idea to GM about a mounts or any equip that make me can carry (not embrace) anyone.. male or female lol coz girl can drive and male can just sit down on the back too and girl can pick up friends too right o.o?

and it's not Chinese tradition stuff X__X don't link it with chinese tradition! It's only chinese themed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

O_O pm me on game or whateva u know u can talk to me if u need me for something...just dont yell/command/mock me everything will be ok
  • Lyonna_S - Sanctuary
    Lyonna_S - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and btw...Gm give me no respond ... >_<

(I feel like a stupid when i realize they give me no respond after a few days sending it)

and once again..It's NOT CHINESE TRADITION!! It's Chinese Themed only! what's the problem with making it as theme and change the rule/way to play it? It's called art!

Art have no limit D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

O_O pm me on game or whateva u know u can talk to me if u need me for something...just dont yell/command/mock me everything will be ok
  • Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The problem probably has to do more with making two of the same type of body mesh well together...and of course, we don't want any of that **** stuff going on in PW, god forbid! o.o...

That being said, if you're a guy wanting to hug your manly pal or a lady wanting to embrace your lady friend for the heck of it (aka non-functionally :<), I recommend spending time on your actions when you're hanging around Arch doing absolutely nothing. <--That's me almost all the time.

...Yes, I've kissed my fellow male cleric, Alphanei (<3) by overlapping the sitdown action facing one another. We look pretty sweet <3.

And of course there's the "Town Portal" hug. Very fun... being a cleric it's easier to "Town Portal Hug" my bigger furry friends.

And there's the "Mount spooning" you can do... Overlapping mounts so you look like one person is right behind the ot-- :3... okay, lets just say it gets pretty interesting from there.

Seeing as how PW will probably never change, you just have to improvise sometimes. :3
  • WizaII - Sanctuary
    WizaII - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Even if we can't do the Same sex thing.. At least allow us to pick up a Guy on our mounts.. Their isn't anything in China saying we don't have the rights to drive is there?

^ this

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] thnx to xRiptidex for the draw, to Kieve for the color, and to ForsakenX for the sig, ^^ b:thanks
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if guys can carry people shouldnt girls be able to also? [please don't make generalizations about people of a certain ethnicity] b:angry AND DONT ANYONE TELL ME THAT WHOLE "guys are stronger that girls" ****!!!!! I HEARD IT A THOUSAND TIMES AND I STILL DONT BELIEVE IT!!!! b:angry

p.s. guys that say girls are weaker just try to brainwash girls so they will be their little brainwashed slaves b:angry
  • SkyReaperFox - Sanctuary
    SkyReaperFox - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have read the entire forum on this thread on this suggestion and I too wonder the same question? Why can't PW listen to our suggestion was the second question. I mean this game is suppose to incorporate a lot of team work and helping our PW players, (act of random kindness.) If the power that be (PW creators), are paranoid about such things well thats their issue. However, I would like to suggest that embracing be aloud only if one person is driving a mount and the other character is a passenger. This only applies if they have a flying mount or a ridding mount, not wings on your back.

This is my 1 zen thought on the matter.b:shutup
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if guys can carry people shouldnt girls be able to also? [please don't make generalizations about people of a certain ethnicity] b:angry AND DONT ANYONE TELL ME THAT WHOLE "guys are stronger that girls" ****!!!!! I HEARD IT A THOUSAND TIMES AND I STILL DONT BELIEVE IT!!!! b:angry

p.s. guys that say girls are weaker just try to brainwash girls so they will be their little brainwashed slaves b:angry

It's not that girls are weaker.... but that men are usually heavier (me excluded... i only weigh like 125 and have no problem with being picked up by girls XD )
  • Jibreel - Harshlands
    Jibreel - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

XD good point!
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Never. Going. To. Happen.

inb4lock

b:bye b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

i'm going to say it again. it's because guys would not want to be held by a girl. i mean holding hands is cool, but if a girl wants me curled up in her arms in public...ya no! not since i was 4. LOL
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol b:laugh

my brother was complaining that i couldnt carry him last month.... he was stuck somewhere and he doesnt have any aerogear and all i could do was fly around and try to find him a way out b:laugh
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This WILL NEVER HAPPEN DEAL WITH IT
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Blind_yomi - Dreamweaver
    Blind_yomi - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok so did you guys all know that theres a tradition (or maybe not tradition but its accepted) of homosexuality in Chinese history....ahhhh Google thank you....*spent a whole of 2 mins looking at this*

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-04/01/content_319807.htm
    And Google
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ei=tDxLS7X_EI2tlAf5wIWKDQ&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CC4QBSgA&q=was+there+a+period+of+homosexual+in+chinese+history%3F&spell=1
This discussion has been closed.