Same sex embrace

Options
2»

Comments

• Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    OK, OK, hold on there folks. So we keep saying that this isn't going to happen because of the Chinese traditions, but have we thought that maybe, just maybe, girls used to help girls out, and same with guys helping each other? And I'm fairly certain that girls are allowed to hug each other in China without being called ****. And I'm also certain that guys gave each other rides on horses in ancient China.

If you can't take the whole "you don't have to be **** to thank your same-sex-bud by hugging" into consideration, then why don't you make it so the the embraces aren't so loving in the first place. There are tons of ways to make it so that the embraces don't seem like as if the game is supporting **** relationships. I could list them all, but I think PWE could use its imagination and figure out tons of things. I thought of lots in just five minutes, stuff like double-seat-saddles for land mounts for example.

PWE doesn't have to veer off the line of Chinese tradition and lore to add same-sex hugs and flight/mount/ride help. In ancient China girls weren't executed because they thanked their girl friends for helping them. Well, that's what we're told so unless China changed it's history to hide this....

And PWE brought this fight on itself by creating the only male barbs and only female venos. So, even though not everyone has mains that are barbs and venos, most people have alternate characters that are of the Untamed race and do use them.

Also, I am not **** and I hug my friends that are girls when they help me out in real life! And they like help out. So, why can't they do the same on an online game?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    We have already given a response on this. This game is made for many different types of people, so we must all consider the comfort level of everyone.
This discussion has been closed.