what is up with these forums?

Lenn_ - Sanctuary
Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
what is wrong with these forums? this isnt even a community, its rather pathetic. you have nothing but whining, insulting each other, and general heaps of garbage being posted on these boards. people dont follow rules, and get away with it in general on a daily basis, like a bunch of little wild animals with no leashes. lets take it from square one.

#1 WHINERS! NO ONE CARES IF YOU DONT LIKE THE CASH SHOP, NO ONE CARES IF YOU THINK A CLASS IS OVER POWERED. you ingrates can be divided into a number of categories.
-cash shop whiners
-class whiners
-my party sucked whiners
no one cares, keep it to yourself. your opinion wants to be heard as much as people want to hear nails on a chalk board.

#2 the insulters. for one, you people lack originiality and sting in your insults, read a book on how to do so. secondly, grow up. someone can be posting a completely legitimate question, or pose a completely legitimate argument, and yall tell em to shut up. your posts are mindless garbage in the giant dump that are these forums. i seriously want to slapp all the people who spam the two letters 'Q Q.' would you tell that to someone out side the computer? it doesnt even look like freakin crying...

#3 the general mass of stupid posters, like the guy earlier asking if it was a joke because he got banned for illegal activities, the people who keep asking 'will there be this or that in the next update' over and over after the GMs post multiple times about the answer, or the ones who give stupid one liners/drive topics off course. the worst ones are the first time posters who randomly bump 6 month old threads... its like where the hell did they even find the thread, let alone why were they even looking that far back; only to post something like an insult or an emote.
seriously...

some of you need to:
A. get off your soap boxes, and shut your mouths
B. get over yourselves, and thinking your opinion matters
C. stop posting in general.
Post edited by Lenn_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:sad
    which category do me fall into?
    b:puzzled
    and...someone be dumb enough to wonder why they got banned for inappropriate actions?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    some of you need to:

This... but i would add hypocrisy to something that people should stop doing =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You just spent an entire stupid post whining and insulting people who whine, insult, and are stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited January 2010
    You just spent an entire stupid post whining and insulting people who whine, insult, and are stupid.

^(>.<)'
    lols~
    this as well.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010

This is why i said to add hypocrisy to the list ^_^
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    nothing stupid about the truth. :)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010

The reason it's stupid is because it does exactly what you're asking (read: telling) people not to do. It's not the content. I get just as annoyed with people that post just to raise their post count and whine about everything, and the lame insults some throw around. But making a post whining about it and insulting them is the wrong way to go about it and makes yourself not look too good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what is love....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    *plays background music*
    *dun dun dun do do*
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    The reason it's stupid is because it does exactly what you're asking (read: telling) people not to do. It's not the content. I get just as annoyed with people that post just to raise their post count and whine about everything, and the lame insults some throw around. But making a post whining about it and insulting them is the wrong way to go about it and makes yourself not look too good.
    then what other way is there to express a joint feeling among this monument to idiocy? name one, and ill glady follow suit if its not a severely flawed idea.
  • Rohana - Lost City
    Rohana - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010

QFT

Well then, I'm sure that all the other people you think are whining would say the exact same thing.
    Someone fix all the avatars stuck at lvl 1!!
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    *plays background music*
    *dun dun dun do do*

baby dont hurt me.. no more..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Originally Posted by Aadi - Lost City
    noting this falls under point B... of 'someone can post a completely legitimate argument' only to get a dumb response in return that doesnt add anything to the topic at hand.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what is wrong with these forums? this isnt even a community, its rather pathetic. you have nothing but whining, insulting each other, and general heaps of garbage being posted on these boards. people dont follow rules, and get away with it in general on a daily basis, like a bunch of little wild animals with no leashes. lets take it from square one.

#1 WHINERS! NO ONE CARES IF YOU DONT LIKE THE CASH SHOP, NO ONE CARES IF YOU THINK A CLASS IS OVER POWERED. you ingrates can be divided into a number of categories.
    -cash shop whiners
    -class whiners
    -my party sucked whiners
    no one cares, keep it to yourself. your opinion wants to be heard as much as people want to hear nails on a chalk board.

#2 the insulters. for one, you people lack originiality and sting in your insults, read a book on how to do so. secondly, grow up. someone can be posting a completely legitimate question, or pose a completely legitimate argument, and yall tell em to shut up. your posts are mindless garbage in the giant dump that are these forums. i seriously want to slapp all the people who spam the two letters 'Q Q.' would you tell that to someone out side the computer? it doesnt even look like freakin crying...

#3 the general mass of stupid posters, like the guy earlier asking if it was a joke because he got banned for illegal activities, the people who keep asking 'will there be this or that in the next update' over and over after the GMs post multiple times about the answer, or the ones who give stupid one liners/drive topics off course. the worst ones are the first time posters who randomly bump 6 month old threads... its like where the hell did they even find the thread, let alone why were they even looking that far back; only to post something like an insult or an emote.
    seriously...

some of you need to:

This coming from someone who called everyone blockheads because you couldnt comprehend what people were saying. Which category do you fall in?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    then what other way is there to express a joint feeling among this monument to idiocy? name one, and ill glady follow suit if its not a severely flawed idea.

If someone expresses that they dislike the cash shop or thinks a class is overpowered, you call them whiners. So the obvious solution is for no one to say anything that disagrees, right? Because they must all be whiners.

The best we can do is try not to be like them, whining and insulting them isn't going to change anything. What was your intention, to have them read it and say "Oh, I see the error of my ways after reading this eloquent whining post! I must stop now!"?

Edit:
    noting this falls under point B... of 'someone can post a completely legitimate argument' only to get a dumb response in return that doesnt add anything to the topic at hand.

You insulted me. You don't deserve to be on these forums b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    me wish to know what category me fall under.
    b:angryb:angry
    b:surrender
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    This coming from someone who called everyone blockheads because you couldnt comprehend what people were saying. Which category do you fall in?
    no, you didnt comprehend what the hell i was saying, youre the leader of the group of idiots who kept comparing apples to oranges. if you cant read, and discern two different points from each other, you have no business posting.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    You insulted me. You don't deserve to be on these forums
    being offended and insulting someone are two different things.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    no, you didnt comprehend what the hell i was saying, youre the leader of the group of idiots who kept comparing apples to oranges. if you cant read, and discern two different points from each other, you have no business posting.

And this coming from someone whining themselves about others who whine on the forums. All forums of every kind will always have groups of people who dont agree with how YOU see things. If YOU dont like it then maybe YOU should just play the game and leave the forums alone.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2010

-cash shop whiners
    -class whiners
    -my party sucked whiners
    people dont follow rules, and get away with it in general on a daily basis, like a bunch of little wild animals with no leashes.
    Is it just me? or does this sound like someone is whining?

for one, you people lack originiality and sting in your insults, read a book on how to do so. secondly, grow up. someone can be posting a completely legitimate question, or pose a completely legitimate argument, and yall tell em to shut up. your posts are mindless garbage in the giant dump that are these forums.
    Well this seems like a heap of insults right there

seriously...

I dont think i need to even requote anything for this one.

some of you need to:

So when do you plan to follow your advice? You want ppl to shut their mouths & yet you yap away. You want people to understand their oppinion doesnt matter, but yet we should listen to yours? If you believed everything you posted, you wouldnt have posted at all.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1:This may just turn into another thread with two ppl complaining about the thread topic

or,

2:The argument will end before it begins.

Please don't start a flame thread. b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited January 2010

-cash shop whiners
    -class whiners
    -my party sucked whiners

seriously...

some of you need to:

w8 for it... w8 foooor iiiit!

QQ! whoops!b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And this coming from someone whining themselves about others who whine on the forums. All forums of every kind will always have groups of people who dont agree with how YOU see things. If YOU dont like it then maybe YOU should just play the game and leave the forums alone.
    whine and rant are not equivalent. it just goes to show you cannot discern between things very well. if you could take context clues, it would tell you the tone is bitter, or rude, more like a cranky old man, than a crying baby.

thats a basic english talent learned in middle school; i dont see how its so hard for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree with the OP just because one thing, to the real threads like this : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=574381 nobody answers but as long as it includes trolling like the post i'm writting now you get 5 pages in 5 minutes. And we can't even blame GMs for this it's we the PWI players that are fail.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree with the OP just because one thing, to the real threads like this : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=574381 nobody answers but as long as it includes trolling like the post i'm writting now you get 5 pages in 5 minutes. And we can't even blame GMs for this it's we the PWI players that are fail.
    its because they are like moths to a flame when it comes to trolling, this board is almost as bad as /b/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    whine and rant are not equivalent. it just goes to show you cannot discern between things very well. if you could take context clues, it would tell you the tone is bitter, or rude, more like a cranky old man, than a crying baby.

thats a basic english talent learned in middle school; i dont see how its so hard for you.

But i dun wanna rant... I wanna whine! b:cry

Did i suceed? b:surrender
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    class debates (not necessarily the same thing as whining) can be fairly meaningful. you must understand that people may feel insecure in light of new classes because they may believe they rolled their class for a year (or however long they rolled their class) and it's all wasted. nobody wants to feel like they're playing the worst class in the game, and there are certain classes that do feel that way more than other classes do. does everyone in that class suck then? or are they on to something?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm waiting for this thread to be closed... but I just remembered GMs/mods/admins haven't been around lately... more spam for the forums, thanks again Lenn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ahh, what I love the most. Threads complaining about people who complain.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

I would agree with the OP. But seeing previous post where the OP has whined, complained, flamed, insulted other etc just throws the point of this thread out the window.
This discussion has been closed.