what is up with these forums?

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm waiting for this thread to be closed... but I just remembered GMs/mods/admins haven't been around lately... more spam for the forums, thanks again Lenn
    spam is a canned meat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6114631&postcount=9
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6106892&postcount=25

This kid is just another fail troll him/herself. Look at half his/her posts. They're filled with name calling, finger pointing, and just overall being a jackass (hey, the prez said it too).
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what is wrong with these forums? this isnt even a community, its rather pathetic. you have nothing but whining, insulting each other, and general heaps of garbage being posted on these boards. people dont follow rules, and get away with it in general on a daily basis, like a bunch of little wild animals with no leashes. lets take it from square one.

#1 WHINERS! NO ONE CARES IF YOU DONT LIKE THE CASH SHOP, NO ONE CARES IF YOU THINK A CLASS IS OVER POWERED. you ingrates can be divided into a number of categories.
    -cash shop whiners
    -class whiners
    -my party sucked whiners
    no one cares, keep it to yourself. your opinion wants to be heard as much as people want to hear nails on a chalk board.

#2 the insulters. for one, you people lack originiality and sting in your insults, read a book on how to do so. secondly, grow up. someone can be posting a completely legitimate question, or pose a completely legitimate argument, and yall tell em to shut up. your posts are mindless garbage in the giant dump that are these forums. i seriously want to slapp all the people who spam the two letters 'Q Q.' would you tell that to someone out side the computer? it doesnt even look like freakin crying...

#3 the general mass of stupid posters, like the guy earlier asking if it was a joke because he got banned for illegal activities, the people who keep asking 'will there be this or that in the next update' over and over after the GMs post multiple times about the answer, or the ones who give stupid one liners/drive topics off course. the worst ones are the first time posters who randomly bump 6 month old threads... its like where the hell did they even find the thread, let alone why were they even looking that far back; only to post something like an insult or an emote.
    seriously...

some of you need to:
    A. get off your soap boxes, and shut your mouths
    B. get over yourselves, and thinking your opinion matters
    C. stop posting in general.

tl:dr you should stop whinning....
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes, because the best thing to do to stop people from whining and insulting people... is to whine and insult them? Yeah, the forums get out of hand sometimes, but, no one is forcing you to come on here or post. Plenty of people get along fine in the game without going to the forums even once.

It looks like you're contributing to the problem, because your topic is begging for flames, and is a flame in itself.

And @FranzKafka... um, I would have replied, but, I don't know the answer. o.o Would you rather there be "idk" and random posts... or there be no posts if no one knows (that frequents the forums)? Some of the people on here are harsh, yes, but, I'd think if they knew they would reply.
  • yarizu
    yarizu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i think people are falling for the troll thread ):.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    spam is a canned meat.

and it belongs in can, or in the stomachs of people who can actually stand to eat it. b:chuckle

Not on our forums.

BTW: I'm not a spam hater!

Anyway, this is off topic, although I think this whole thread is off topic and is just random complaining about complaining... So b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    spam.jpg
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes mine was a "complaint" but what i wanted to say was :less trolls more people that actually know a thing about the game.
    But the second one probably got sick of beeing trolled about and left the forums.So in the end we all lose.
    As for the fact I was agreeing with OP i was ironic of course.
  • Ugla - Harshlands
    Ugla - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Can't we all just get along? b:surrender
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Yes mine was a "complaint" but what i wanted to say was :less trolls more people that actually know a thing about the game.
    But the second one probably got sick of beeing trolled about and left the forums.So in the end we all lose.
    As for the fact I was agreeing with OP i was ironic of course.
    kinda sad i fall into both categories there, know lots about the game, but am an **** about how i say it :).

crit buffs work, they just dont show up on the character chart. you can see this in the demon passives/buffs of archer/other classes.
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear52
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear52 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what is wrong with these forums? this isnt even a community, its rather pathetic. you have nothing but whining, insulting each other, and general heaps of garbage being posted on these boards. people dont follow rules, and get away with it in general on a daily basis, like a bunch of little wild animals with no leashes. lets take it from square one.
    And by you calling us out and insulting us a whole using these broad generalized statements about ALL of us here makes you what? Sorry, you've already made your points invalid.

#1 WHINERS! NO ONE CARES IF YOU DONT LIKE THE CASH SHOP, NO ONE CARES IF YOU THINK A CLASS IS OVER POWERED. you ingrates can be divided into a number of categories.
    -cash shop whiners
    -class whiners
    -my party sucked whiners
    no one cares, keep it to yourself. your opinion wants to be heard as much as people want to hear nails on a chalk board.
    And what about the people who aren't "whining" about these things? There are a great number of suggestions made on a daily basis with good intentions of somehow making the game better for all. Once again, you're lumping everyone into the **** pile.

#2 the insulters. for one, you people lack originiality and sting in your insults, read a book on how to do so. secondly, grow up. someone can be posting a completely legitimate question, or pose a completely legitimate argument, and yall tell em to shut up. your posts are mindless garbage in the giant dump that are these forums. i seriously want to slapp all the people who spam the two letters 'Q Q.' would you tell that to someone out side the computer? it doesnt even look like freakin crying...
    Again, you're just insulting everyone here as if none of us have ever tried to help anyone. But of course by you're narrow-minded ideals, we're all just idiots apparently.

#3 the general mass of stupid posters, like the guy earlier asking if it was a joke because he got banned for illegal activities, the people who keep asking 'will there be this or that in the next update' over and over after the GMs post multiple times about the answer, or the ones who give stupid one liners/drive topics off course. the worst ones are the first time posters who randomly bump 6 month old threads... its like where the hell did they even find the thread, let alone why were they even looking that far back; only to post something like an insult or an emote.
    You've successfully and clearly put yourself into the groups of both stupid posters, insulting posters, and worst of all, the unoriginal posters. We've seen quite a few ignorant threads of 1 person belittling the entire forum community. You are no better then them, and this will soon be flamed and/or closed.

seriously...

some of you need to:
    C. stop posting in general.

Well, you obviously need a heavy dose of A, because you're obviously standing on a rather high soapbox, and you're mouth is FAR from the quiet and still state it should be.

A good dose of B would be well suited for you as well since you seem to think that any of us really care about you're opinion. As I said, we've seen this over and over before. You're a little late.

C is obvious. But I must amend to it; in addition to the fact that you really should stop posting, and stop using the forums, you should quit the game in general if this is your attitude. I'd hate to ever party with a person like you that makes general and demeaning remarks about any group as a whole.

oh, and just to **** you off..

go QQ moar plz. b:kiss
    \Murloc/ - 63 Assassin (1 str/4 dex) ~ Leveling
    \Kosake/ - 75 Blademaster (Axe / Fist) ~ Retired
    \Hiroko/ - 76 Venomancer (Pure Arcane w/ Herc) ~Farming
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Can't we all just get along? b:surrender

Sadly no....
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    C is obvious. But I must amend to it; in addition to the fact that you really should stop posting, and stop using the forums, you should quit the game in general if this is your attitude. I'd hate to ever party with a person like you that makes general and demeaning remarks about any group as a whole.

This thread is not about Morty please stay on topic b:angry

[edit]... oh wait... you were talking about the op... my bad =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Sadly no....
    youd be surprised how many pathetic little worms hold posting vendettas on these forums; tweakz is a shining exaple on the venomancer subboard.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    youd be surprised how many pathetic little worms hold posting vendettas on these forums; tweakz is a shining exaple on the venomancer subboard.

Because Lenn never insults anyone, right? She's the perfect forum poster, never making any post just to anger people or throwing insults that have nothing to do with the topic. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited January 2010

Whoops! b:shocked

EDIT: sorry I forgot to add, QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Because Lenn never insults anyone, right? She's the perfect forum poster, never making any post just to anger people or throwing insults that have nothing to do with the topic. b:chuckle
    indeed, glad you finally came around and saw the truth!
  • Gaegaergre - Dreamweaver
    Gaegaergre - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And more people fail to see obvious troll is obvious.
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited January 2010

You're calling someone pathetic? You? I lol'd. After making a original post like that, you're just a pot calling the kettle black.

Go QQ more. Can't deal with what's on the boards? Leave hypocrite.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    indeed, glad you finally came around and saw the truth!

you have official gone against every "point?" you failed at making in this fail post. good job.

winner-win.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I see your point of this thread as in people should stop insulting and flaming eachother and have legit arguements and contributions to the thread. But how is calling anyone "pathetic little worms" not flaming and insulting others like you tell people to stop doing. Sounds like the vendetta is coming from the one who just mentioned it.
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    *Expects the OP to start going with "this is a troll thread!" trend in order to save face.*b:chuckle
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    "...its rather pathetic. you have nothing but whining, insulting each other, and general heaps of garbage being posted on these boards. people dont follow rules, and get away with it in general on a daily basis, like a bunch of little wild animals with no leashes..."

"...the general mass of stupid posters, like the guy earlier asking if it was a joke because he got banned for illegal activities, the people who keep asking 'will there be this or that in the..."

"...no, you didnt comprehend what the hell i was saying, youre the leader of the group of idiots who kept comparing apples to oranges. if you cant read, and discern two different points from each other, you have no business posting..."

some of you need to:
    C. stop posting in general

And... take your own advice?

Though... I do agree with the tweakz comment. >> b:surrender
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    You're calling someone pathetic? You? I lol'd. After making a original post like that, you're just a pot calling the kettle black.

Go QQ more. Can't deal with what's on the boards? Leave hypocrite.
    youve obviously never been to the subboards for venomancers O_o; this dude posts inaccurate, wrong, and misleading information, and demands that people follow it or be doomed to fallacy. he'll sit there and defend these wrong tidbits of info, and then sit and name call/threaten to send in tickets for harassment if you prove him wrong even in the most respectful way.

then if you post in any other thread after, he'll call it garbage. his guildmate posters call him a belligerant, argumentative little creep.

he is the paragon of the stupid posters that pay homage to this cesspool of ignorance.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    youve obviously never been to the subboards for venomancers O_o; this dude posts inaccurate, wrong, and misleading information, and demands that people follow it or be doomed to fallacy. he'll sit there and defend these wrong tidbits of info, and then sit and name call/threaten to send in tickets for harassment if you prove him wrong even in the most respectful way.

then if you post in any other thread after, he'll call it garbage. his guildmae posters call him a belligerant, argumentative little creep.

so its you basically?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You tend to ignore what people say eh?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    so its you basically?
    example of stupid post #2.

notice its been mentioned the points are fairly accurate, yet this is the wrong way of going about it.

there's nothing wrong about leaving an eye opener for all the dumb people who post day in and out.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010

then if you post in any other thread after, he'll call it garbage. his guildmate posters call him a belligerant, argumentative little creep.

he is the paragon of the stupid posters that pay homage to this cesspool of ignorance.

I have an idea! Why don't you make a thread about it? I'm sure it'll go over with the community just as well as this one has! You can call it:

Lenn_: Now with twice the hypocrisy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2010

And your OP is telling people to stop insulting, flaming etc. You put all of us into different categories. What category does this fall under?
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I have an idea! Why don't you make a thread about it? I'm sure it'll go over with the community just as well as this one has! You can call it:

Lenn_: Now with twice the hypocrisy
    actually, i did once, it went on for nearly 30 pages before it got deleted.

aadi: now with twice the stupid one liners!
This discussion has been closed.