Sin's tactics in PvP

Comments

• Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lmao I like how you stick to pointless things because you have no valid comment.
    Forget about the ****ing hp regain, depending how the fight turns out (which you don't know) it never hurts to get some distance, even use the other shadow jump that stuns them even, now stfu im done explaining.

yes of course how could i forget that
    getting distance as a melee char when fighting a range char is exactly what we should do b:shocked
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    >_< How the hell does distance help an assassin in the middle of a fight?

cause morty ****ing said so >=[
    and he is never wrong cause anyone who says he is wrong doesn't have any valid points
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is why you fail, your not gonna stand around in the distance of ther cast or attack range you dumb noob.
    If your low on hp and they have a lot more, you could run and choose to just run, shadoe escape even, or just not run in the first place.
    Like I said;

KEY:

'/' OPTIONAL.

Here's what the word 'Optional' means;
    –adjective
    1. left to one's choice; not required or mandatory: Formal dress is optional.
    2. leaving something to choice.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    This is why you fail, your not gonna stand around in the distance of ther cast or attack range you dumb noob.
    If your low on hp and they have a lot more, you could run and choose to just run, shadoe escape even, or just not run in the first place.
    Like I said;

KEY:

'/' OPTIONAL.

Here's what the word 'Optional' means;
    –adjective
    1. left to one's choice; not required or mandatory: Formal dress is optional.
    2. leaving something to choice.

Well at least you know that you are going to lose a lot that you have to plan when to run away before a fight even starts =D!!
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you choose to run then it is no longer a fight.... it's just running...
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Well at least you know that you are going to lose a lot that you have to plan when to run away before a fight even starts =D!!

Once again, your are not thinking about the course of the fight, Its Pvp, anything can happen and it will happen, your heads so far up your own **** your stating the obvious and trying to make points out of it, so keep at it noob, and I'm done replying to you, enjoy your fail.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Once again, your are not thinking about the course of the fight, Its Pvp, anything can happen and it will happen, your heads so far up your own **** your stating the obvious and trying to make points out of it, so keep at it noob, and I'm done replying to you, enjoy your fail.

i thought you were done replying like 3 posts back?

first you say run so you can rebuff

then it's run so you can regen your hp

then it's run if you can't win

ever gonna make up your mind? lol
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    i thought you were done replying like 3 posts back?

first you say run so you can rebuff

then it's run so you can regen your hp

then it's run if you can't win

ever gonna make up your mind? lol

DEPENING ON HOW THE ****ING FIGHT TURNS OUT, YOU EITHER RUN, ATTAEMPT TO REGAIN, OR JUST STAND AND FIGHT. IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU DUMBASS?
    /Goodbye.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited January 2010

>_< The problem everyone is having.... Is that If you are pking, as any commendable assassin would... then you have already stacked things in your favor... You have buffed/stealthed/have you skills recharged, everything...

In any situation it would be better to stealth away if possible...
    But there will be times where stealth is unavailable, and what you are suggesting is that if you know you are unable to win and are about to lose then you should put them to sleep and use that time to create distance for you to get out of combat mode and stealth or if you can then to recuperate from the battle....

The problem i have with it, is that you stated this only for Light armor... this same things applies to heavy armor and magic armors =P

Now that i understand what you mean (no help from you there.... your giant sized fonts really didn't help explain) it makes a lot more sense =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    >_< The problem everyone is having.... Is that If you are pking, as any commendable assassin would... then you have already stacked things in your favor... You have buffed/stealthed/have you skills recharged, everything...

In any situation it would be better to stealth away if possible...
    But there will be times where stealth is unavailable, and what you are suggesting is that if you know you are unable to win and are about to lose then you should put them to sleep and use that time to create distance for you to get out of combat mode and stealth or if you can then to recuperate from the battle....

The problem i have with it, is that you stated this only for Light armor... this same things applies to heavy armor and magic armors =P

Now that i understand what you mean (no help from you there.... your giant sized fonts really didn't help explain) it makes a lot more sense =P

I just simply put basical skill chains, to give you an idea, but yeah.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    -insert **** argument here-

lolol so much for not replying anymore

again running to rebuff is pointless if you have put them to sleep
    running to regen hp vs a ranged char is again ****ing stupid
    and running away cause you can't win is common sense not part of a skill chain and is used in every fight not just vs LA
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    depening On How The ****ing Fight Turns Out, You Either Run, Attaempt To Regain, Or Just Stand And Fight. Is This Clear Enough For You Dumbass?
    /goodbye.

You Dont Run At All U Dum Tard it will get u killed kk? use ur stealths and stop being a stupid ****

and why the hell are we arguing with morty again?
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited January 2010

You Dont Run At All U Dum Tard it will get u killed kk? use ur stealths and stop being a stupid ****

As i stated in my post... Sometimes your shadow escape is on cooldown... if that is the case it is a very viable option to sleep them and sprint away and in doing so have enough time to get out of combat mode so as to stealth....
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    and why the hell are we arguing with morty again?

was funny watching him try to make a proper argument =[
    edited January 2010
    As i stated in my post... Sometimes you shadow escape is on cooldown... if that is the case it is a very viable option to sleep them and sprint away and in doing so have enough time to get out of combat mode so as to stealth....

my post wasnt aimed at u but the other dude who thinks he knows so much about being a sin. i know what ur saying but what morty was saying is to basically run away as if u were a BM. never mentioned anything about stealth or sting/immobolize for that matter. he just said "run". and just "running" is enought to get u killed as a sin if u going up against ranged classes. and ull never get enought HP regen.

also, u shouldnt have a problem with stealth cooldowns. u have 2 of them after all and only simply need to press esc in order to use the non combat stealth.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited January 2010

also, u shouldnt have a problem with stealth cooldowns. u have 2 of them after all and only simply need to press esc in order to use the non combat stealth.

You don't instantly leave combat =P It takes at least 5 seconds =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
    edited January 2010
    5 secs still not alot. and if it does take 5 secs u rly still dont have to run... or, atleast not run like a BM which morty was talking about. deep sting press esc and go into stealth. once ur in stealth u dont need to run around at all. unless u rly want to run for 5 seconds to get distance but it wont matter since they are asleep first of all, and 2nd once u do go into stealth they cant see u or target u so running rly isnt necessary at all.

the only time u rly need to run around is when multiple people are chasing u. but even then u can easily go into stealth mode for as long as it takes untill they get bored go away (or u can go hide somewhere since im sure no sin can take on multiple ppl at once) or pick them off 1 by 1.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    5 secs still not alot. and if it does take 5 secs u rly still dont have to run... or, atleast not run like a BM which morty was talking about. deep sting press esc and go into stealth. once ur in stealth u dont need to run around at all. unless u rly want to run for 5 seconds to get distance but it wont matter since they are asleep first of all, and 2nd once u do go into stealth they cant see u or target u so running rly isnt necessary at all.

Deep sting will sleep for 5 seconds. When i said 5 seconds to disengage from combat mode i was underestimating, it is more like 10 seconds. That gives the enemy 5 seconds not asleep to attack. So you would have to run.... If only to get out of range of their attacks long enough to be able to stealth.
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    "Wow 8 pages? There must be some nice discussion about strategies in this topic!"

Yeah when will I learn... long topics always involve two or more trolls bashing each other for some stupid reason.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Btw you can stop mentioning puncture wound, it's a pretty crappy skill once you get to 6x. Only useful for arcane in pvp and rare occasions in pve like that annoying public quest boss.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited January 2010
    Deep sting will sleep for 5 seconds. When i said 5 seconds to disengage from combat mode i was underestimating, it is more like 10 seconds. That gives the enemy 5 seconds not asleep to attack. So you would have to run.... If only to get out of range of their attacks long enough to be able to stealth.

well think of it this way, if ur going up against a archer/veno wit nyx/wiz ull never get enought distance in 5 seconds to get out of there range. and running away will only work against u if ur up against a archer. when against a archer u should stay as close as possible to them.

a veno with nyx u might be able to silent the veno but u wont be able to escape the nyx that will be wailing on u while the veno is asleep. and running away without doing anything about the nyx will get u further into deep ****.

wizzards/clerics same thing, running will only work against u and u wont get enought distance in from running. it would just bee better to sleep them, then use ur 2 stun skills to keep the stun locked for a bit and then maybe silence and such. idk how long the stuns last, but thats at the very least 11 secs the opponent cant do anything assuming the 2 stun skills both last 3 secs. imo thats way more then enought time to regain ur HP back from blood paint/letting ur charm cooldown/pots/secondwind/etc etc. and imo more efficient then running away because u let them sleep for 5 seconds and during that 5 seconds of u running away u could have let them also regain more HP cuz that is time spent not doing dmg on them.

and you say it takes 10 seconds to disengage combat mode right? (idk i dont use the out of stealth much, i mainly use force stealth) well like u said that leaves 5 seconds for that the opponent will be awake. so that means u only had 5 seconds to get distance from them. and that 5 seconds wont be enought against ranged classes like clerics/archers/wizzards and they will be wailing on u for the 5 seconds there awake from there maxed range.

so overall its just not a good idea to run. if u must u should just keep them stuned or asleep untill ur stealth is cooldowned while at the same time dealing more and more dmg to them while they are incapacitated.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    u235 wrote: »
    "Wow 8 pages? There must be some nice discussion about strategies in this topic!"

Yeah when will I learn... long topics always involve two or more trolls bashing each other for some stupid reason.

you must be new to game forums if you didn't already know that =[
    Btw you can stop mentioning puncture wound, it's a pretty crappy skill once you get to 6x. Only useful for arcane in pvp and rare occasions in pve like that annoying public quest boss.

yeahs i have notice puncture isn't as useful anymore as it was when the ticks did more than a melee hit lol
    takes 4 skills to kill a mob now but rib strike > melee kills them in about the same time
    edited January 2010

bleed does 4.2k dmg in 10 seconds when maxed and u can cast it again soon as the bleed runs out. how is that a crappy skill?

and i know i double posted but idc lol
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    bleed does 4.2k dmg in 10 seconds when maxed and u can cast it again soon as the bleed runs out. how is that a crappy skill?

you didn't double post lol

but bleed would be useful in fights that last over 9 seconds but most of my pvp experiences end in a few hits lol
    edited January 2010
    idk, im a person that just love doing as much dmg as possible to someone and it would be a shame to leave puncture out. especially if someone is trying to run away because they are near death and u use puncture right before they die. funny as hell to see them run only to die somewhere b:laugh

but i can understand how it will be useless in certain situations just like other skills can be, but i dont agree that it will be entirely useless. well not for pvp anyway.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    so just in case anyone was wondering Inner Harmony channels/casts instantly
    god i love this skill xD

and lol i one hit a 52 mage with a rib strike crit today =[
    squishies around my level just make me laugh =x
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2010

'cause of pdef reducing the bleed damage at higher levels. The bleed damage is static and will never increase once the skill is maxed. I tried it on mobs earlier with lv1 chill on, and it would do about 2k plus 900*3. I rather stick to my 1.43 attacks per sec doing 1.5k on average (without chill obviously), with a higher average damage thanks to critrate. Higher chance for weapon effects to proc too.

This is in pve, but only gets worse in pvp where bleed will do nothing anymore unless they're arcane... I was bleeding a 7x cleric with bad gear for 260s @ lv66. As soon as it'll have decent pdef you can forget about this skill.
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ok first of all its not necessary to run,its your choice.
    But i think Morty was actually right about running.
    Because if you see you can no longer win it will give you an advantage.
    And the important part in running away will usually be a plus for you and a minus for your opponent,you ask why?
    Because while pk'ing someone you get nervous/stressed.When you run away while the Deep Sting lasts you can calm down and get your thinking straight,while the opponent when he sees you running away and then stealthing it might do more pressure on him because he doesn't know if you're going to come after him right away,is it safe to rebuff etc.If you choose to not run away and just keep hitting him in those 5sec the opponent can use these 5sec to calm down because while you're hitting him he can target you and think of a next skill to bash you with,sure you can stealth before Deep Sting ends but the opponent will have his skill ready the next time you attack.I'm not saying this is how it will be in every fight,but this is how it usually happens,unless you're up against a pro who doesn't give a **** about that.Sometimes it's even better to stay and keep hitting him if you took him by surprise,that will keep the pressure on him.
    I'm saying this from my own experience on other mmorpg's.
    Ok so don't bash me saying im wrong it's a scientifically proven fact b:pleased
    edited January 2010
    well running when ur fixing to die is kinda instinct. no matter wat game u play whether it be console games, FPS games, MMORPG games, platformers, survival horror, etc etc u will always run when ur about to die lol. its just instincts and u do it without thinking most of the time. but saying "running away when ur about to die" is a tactic is being kinda unrealistic.

running away at anytime isnt rly a tactic for sins to use. yes they are assassins and assassins do run, but there not BMs. when a assassin runs u loose site of them which is why they have 2 stealth skills. if u feel a need to run then go into stealth mode. but pls dont run just for the sake of running like morty is telling u to do =/ and dont say its a tactic to run away when ur about to die like he is saying either x.x
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Again, depends what you're up against... say a BM/barb sparks on you, for whatever reason. Maze Steps and leg it imo. If you're in the air then you can drop, which is also running. There's situations for everything, running can be both helpful or the worst idea ever. Far too situational to be worth arguing about.