PvP balance/ GMs we get some devs here?

Options
Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
hi,

I would like to open little talk about pvp balance now that there are many very high levels and that 1 year has passed b:victory

I missed maybe few TW's for the last 14 or so months.. so I have some serious questions for Dev's and Gm's that I take responsible for taking info over to Dev team.

Umm.. in short, I think this is the only game online where magic attacks dont miss and where melee attacks (non pet in this case) are being constantly reseted by players just walking b:chuckle

On every other game online most powerfull dds have a balance in cases they miss the shot, but not here which is eventually pushing melee classes off the battle, more to this, archers can get 1 shot by magic attack and they can still (for whatever reason i dont know) miss players that dont have even 100 evasion b:victory

1 question for GMs is how to keep track of this thread ty

Anyone other with serious comments? b:pleased ty
Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
Post edited by Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Vixey - Raging Tide
    Vixey - Raging Tide Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hi,

I would like to open little talk about pvp balance now that there are many very high levels and that 1 year has passed b:victory

I missed maybe few TW's for the last 14 or so months.. so I have some serious questions for Dev's and Gm's that I take responsible for taking info over to Dev team.

Umm.. in short, I think this is the only game online where magic attacks dont miss and where melee attacks (non pet in this case) are being constantly reseted by players just walking b:chuckle

On every other game online most powerfull dds have a balance in cases they miss the shot, but not here which is eventually pushing melee classes off the battle, more to this, archers can get 1 shot by magic attack and they can still (for whatever reason i dont know) miss players that dont have even 100 evasion b:victory

1 question for GMs is how to keep track of this thread ty

Anyone other with serious comments? b:pleased ty

Magic attacks may not be able to miss but you can interupt them unlike some other MMO's I have played.
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aww my cat likes you b:chuckle
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There are no Devs here as the Admins have to send it back the Dev team in China.I am not sure as to what you are trying to ask them on balance?

I play anther game where it is easy to interrupt a magic attack and Archer/Rangers do it the best as well as another magic class.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Magic attacks may not be able to miss but you can interupt them unlike some other MMO's I have played.

I think this is a very good point.
    Also, misties are your friend.
    About how to keep track of this thread: In the thread tools menu, there's a button "Subscribe to this thread". Click it, then whenever you log on check the "User CP" button near the top to see if there are any new posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Kinohki - Lost City
    Kinohki - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Actually, thsi game does need some serious balancing. As it is, evasion is useless. USELESS. With over 3.2k unbuffed evasion and near 4k evasion, 6k with will, people can still hit me accurately, even melee. This is due to misties in which 2 give 100% accuracy. These rings SHOULD NOT stack. In fact, I think accuracy shouldn't stack at all that way Evasion has some use.

Not only that, magic is incredibly powerful as well. It has 100% accuracy and some spells are simply too quick to interrupt (pyrogram wizard anyone?) Yes it does low damage, but to a BM that low damage is like being hit by a truck. You have to shard you gear with magic defense out the wazoo. And don't even get me started on how useless marrows are in pvp. Since wizards, archers and clerics have both MAGIC AND PHYSICAL attacks, something is askew. Clerics have plume shot. Wizards have tempest which does both physical and magical damage which completely negates a BM's marrows if they try to use them.

Regarding the argument that spells can be cancelled, so can BM skills that channel. ANY skill that channels can be cancelled by sleep, or damage (enough of it) or stuns or such. Magic should have accuracy requirements. Not as steep as melee, but you should have a chance to evade magic. As it is now, a wizard with distance shrink and sutra should be able to wtfpwn a BM or any heavy easy. Sutra, shrink, boom boom on the most powerful spells and most heavy should drop like a fly, or anything really. While people say it ma y balance out in later levels, just looking at the skill and what a skilled playe could do with some skills, some classes are simply more advantageous and overpowered compared to other classes. I'm honestly surprised a veno an die at all, and not because of the nix..

/endrant.
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ummmm....having 2 misty rings means PLUS 100% accuracy...as in DOUBLE ur accuracy...it doesnt mean that someone with 2 mistys has 100% accuracy and never misses.....
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah a lv101 BM Q_Q when he can just put u in a endless stun cycle and kill you. GG bb b:bye
    b:dirty
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you can interrupt every attack in the middle of chan, and this is the only game online where evasion isnt working, and its bugged, because its not working on certain attacks while it is working on physical attacks.

btw, GMs and admins here are tight working with devs so I think they can direct them to forums here b:victory
    Fortune favors the brave

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Every game has balance issues. If you don't like your class, re-roll.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I never played an MMO where magic attacks can miss. They always have been just less effective to due resists! =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    magic never misses because it's magic...duh.b:bye
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I played Archlord for about 2 years, that pre **** engine, and you can evade or resist magic, tho magic users are still strongest.b:dirty
    Fortune favors the brave

• Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I played a kids mmo with a friend for fun. But everyone was a wizard..anyway, when you did a skill, it had a chance to "fizzle". I thought that was useful. I guess that since magic classes, they are extremely squishy, but at high lvl, like 80-90. The damage usually outshines the squishyness. Like, you can get wtfpwned (ty stupid Light Armor sucky mdef) before you do any damage to them. And m def shards aren't all that worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yes...marrows are utterly useless in pvp

not like bm's can get 10k of each resist at 90+ with marrow on easy

or that bell gives you a static 60% floor to your phys def 90% at sage 150% at demon (if spamed)

please learn your class before Q.Qing

that said please give me new shinies bm's are horribly underpowered and should be givin a magical arma/BIDS hybrid skill that removes 1/2 your hp and then deals 5 times that damage to you ignoring all resists with a full map radius

because aperently thats the only way these weeping bm's will every be convinced to shutup....or let em die for the amuesment of the masses

balance TE and maq marrow + stuns and casters will hate you

get fists for chi/dps sword for spike combos spear for range and axes for stuns/amp

then hotkey these and practice till you know how to use them

then try to tell me bm's are underpowered
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited January 2010
    Options
    listen lowbie,
    this is a chit chat about balance and especially for higher levels about 95+ that had put to 80-100+ TW's since the server opened ... and with all the money I can take from you by giving classes how to to play a bm, I still wait here for some serious players to say something.

Now go spam some player in level range 20-30 on forums trying to explain how to use their skils b:bye
    Fortune favors the brave

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    listen lowbie,
    this is a chit chat about balance and especially for higher levels about 95+ that had put to 80-100+ TW's since the server opened ... and with all the money I can take from you by giving classes how to to play a bm, I still wait here for some serious players to say something.

Now go spam some player in level range 20-30 on forums trying to explain how to use their skils b:bye

yes because im 7x i must be an idiot

this is coming from the guy saying maq marrow is useless?

bm's have 1 truely major disadvantae and thats our mele range and this games messed up zoneing system

honestly i see 9x vit axe bm's who havent even touched other paths for the debufs/interupts and run around with full dex genies

no balance...no TE

i fail to see how level = experiance in a game where oracles exist
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You started those harsh responses as you gave 1, + you missed the point of the post.

This chat is about balance on very high levels where you have multiple squads dueling and assisting in TW's, where as magic users are pushing melee from the battlefields on Rosters, even due to lag, 100% shots, purge, and the fact that if you get out of their range while they cast you will still get hit - where as your skill will cancel while they walk etc.

Its really just a chat about how pvp balance is getting worse as on higher levels physical users have been replaced by magical in wars due to game system where magic attack can hit 2-3k 100% players with 10k magic resistance.
    Fortune favors the brave

• Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes, I think it would be a GREAT idea to make magic accuracy based. Then the classes with the lowest dex endgame would completely useless!

What are you smoking? Mages are the gimpiest class in the game until 95+. Doing something like this would make them almost completely useless.

And what about cleric heals missing?

What about barb's 100% chance to hit skills, one of which stuns the target? Can't evade a 100% chance.

Sounds to me like someone is a little mad because they get ***** by magic users and they can't do anything about it. It's not really something that can be balanced effectively because of the way the evasion system in this game works.

Just go to TW and do your job, which is to stun enemies until you die and then run back and do it again.

EDIT: Also, if you get far enough outside range, the skill casting DOES stop. You just can't outrun the faster skills like gush or pyro.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes, I think it would be a GREAT idea to make magic accuracy based. Then the classes with the lowest dex endgame would completely useless!

What are you smoking? Mages are the gimpiest class in the game until 95+. Doing something like this would make them almost completely useless.

And what about cleric heals missing?

What about barb's 100% chance to hit skills, one of which stuns the target? Can't evade a 100% chance.

Sounds to me like someone is a little mad because they get ***** by magic users and they can't do anything about it. It's not really something that can be balanced effectively because of the way the evasion system in this game works.

Just go to TW and do your job, which is to stun enemies until you die and then run back and do it again.

EDIT: Also, if you get far enough outside range, the skill casting DOES stop. You just can't outrun the faster skills like gush or pyro.

+100 I agree. I was killed 1000M times. Also nowadays every1 kill me in cube boring room. It me pretty **** off. 2 day ago I was killed 3x in one day in boring room. Specially by BM, with their stuns. I couldn't do anything till I was death.

@Monoftalmus :So you want some balance? Ok but then I wish you lost all stunts skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i play another game called [removed] where magic atks never miss either. they hit u 100% of the time and the only way to avoid it is to out run the magic atks themselves. (yes in that game u can actually run faster then the magic called psy bombs can hit u) but the bombs will just chase u forever untill the one who casted it dies or u run out of the arena.

that game is the definition of an unbalanced pvp system. this games pvp is actually a breath of fresh air compared to the ****ty OPed classes and unbalanced pvp machanics over on that game. and when i say OP i mean OP. a virtually unkillable class going around 1 hitting the **** out of 99% of the total player base is just sad. but still a fun game despite that =/
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i play another game called removed] where magic atks never miss either. they hit u 100% of the time and the only way to avoid it is to out run the magic atks themselves. (yes in that game u can actually run faster then the magic called psy bombs can hit u) but the bombs will just chase u forever untill the one who casted it dies or u run out of the arena.

that game is the definition of an unbalanced pvp system. this games pvp is actually a breath of fresh air compared to the ****ty OPed classes and unbalanced pvp machanics over on that game. and when i say OP i mean OP. a virtually unkillable class going around 1 hitting the **** out of 99% of the total player base is just sad. but still a fun game despite that =/

I'm all to familar with that, played it for 2 years. Though oddly enough, jade dynasty is even MORE unbalanced. I found that soooo hard to believe but its true.b:surrender
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • HiddenBIade - Heavens Tear
    HiddenBIade - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    too prove how f****d up evasion is, a barb with 1.2k acc never missed my archer with 3.2k evasion once. if that dosnt show that evasion dont work to anyone then i dont know what could.

seriously gms, please ask the Devs to fix this or do somthing b:cry
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Barbs have more than one skill that does not ever miss.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm all to familar with that, played it for 2 years. Though oddly enough, jade dynasty is even MORE unbalanced. I found that soooo hard to believe but its true.b:surrender

oh i remember u i think. ur zoefox that use to play in mia right =o? so this is where u went to lol :p
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Barbs have more than one skill that does not ever miss.

he spammed all his attacks..... (was in agreement i wouldnt kite so he could do this) =p and im pretty sure not all there attacks have a 100% hit rate
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    one barb skill reduces your evasion by a ton.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Evasion is useless:

**** right it is. i've repeated asked for evasion/accuracy mechanics on forums in various threads and no one can figure it out. it's like the most obscure **** i've ever seen. "you have 3000 evasion", what does that even mean? i get hit by archers while having Condor on. do you know what Condor is? +1000% evasion wtf. i don't care how much accuracy you have, (around 7k with dual +50% rings for archers) but i have "30000+" evasion?!?!? if someone had 30000 of any other defense he'd be invincible in that department. ****ing invincible! evasion is just unreliable and crappy.

and oh ****, look, we're an evasion based class: high dex, evasion buff, evasion spike buff. lucky for us evasion is totally reliable and a life saver. this is the 1 stat that stacks with our buff and no archer even bothers to build on evasion. that's how worthless it is.

possible solution:

Have evasion stat give mdef and pdef reductions. chance to evade, chance to not take as much damage by moving out of direct hit. it makes perfect sense because a shot to say, a shoulder, doesn't do as much damage as a shot to the throat. see?

so for example:
    3k pdef and 3k mdef gives 50% reduction, 3k evasion gives 25% additional reduction, or maybe just 15%, whatever, make the numbers balanced.

it also mitigates archers having the worst defense in the game.

/endrant

(wait a minute, are wizards complaining that it's unfair if spells miss? dont assassins have a spell that lets them do that?)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Having two mistys does not mean you will always hit.

I have two mistys and still see 3 out of 4 shots miss every now and then when grinding.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i have no misties and i don't miss on mobs often....sometimes you're just that unlucky, it's like being critted on by a full mag with 1% crit twice in a row

this is talking about PvP balance anyway
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Evasion is useless:

**** right it is. i've repeated asked for evasion/accuracy mechanics on forums in various threads and no one can figure it out. it's like the most obscure **** i've ever seen. i get hit by archers while having Condor on. do you know what Condor is? +1000% evasion wtf. i don't care how much accuracy you have, 7k with dual +50% rings for archers? but i have "30000+" evasion?!?!? if someone had 30000 of any other defense he'd be invincible in that department. ****ing invincible! evasion is just unreliable and crappy.

and oh ****, look, we're an evasion based class: high dex, evasion buff, evasion spike buff. lucky for us evasion is totally a life saver.

possible solution:

Have evasion stat give mdef and pdef reductions. chance to evade, chance to not take as much damage by moving out of direct hit. it makes perfect sense because a shot to say, a shoulder, doesn't do as much damage as a shot to the throat. see?

so for example:
    3k pdef and 3k mdef gives 50% reduction, 3k evasion gives 25% additional reduction, or maybe just 15%, whatever, make the numbers balanced.

it also mitigates archers having the worst defense in the game.

/endrant

(wait a minute, are wizards complaining that it's unfair if spells miss? assassins have a spell that lets them do that?)

i agree 110% with this make, evasion worth somthing seeming as our defences suck.

it wouldnt make us an op class it would just make our evasion worth something, BMs would get something from this, barbs would, any other La would and also AA would aswell, even they have a little bit of evasion.

overall, would make the game more interesting and make pvp alot more interesting.
  • MindNurf - Harshlands
    MindNurf - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I never played an MMO where magic attacks can miss. They always have been just less effective to due resists! =\

lol u serious? play removed]
This discussion has been closed.