13»

Comments

• MrPig - Lost City
    MrPig - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol i heard right about people on pwi QQing about everything

Evasion DOES work,
    Magic SHOULDNT miss

if you dont know how accuracy/evasion works then im sorry for you and the time you wasted on pw

you QQ about balance, what is balance? you being able to kill everyone?
    as long as your char is pro then the game is balanced?

Ive been high lvl on pw-my
    i have to say pw is the most balanced game out there (unless u play private server)
    Been a mg, and could kill a WR EA etc
    been a WR and could kill a MG
    point? you can kill anything if u know how to play ur class
    if ur a wr and u die from a mg 1vs1 under 5 mins quit that class please,it isnt for you
    as for MG vs EA although MGs dont miss EAs sure got skills to avoid a few attacks along with stun
    if ur arrows cant do high dmg on a robe user then u suck simply >.>
    killed a lvl 99 ea on lvl 93 mg, and lost to a lvl 89 ea, its all about how u play ur class
    i find the pw system really balanced <3 thanks for the fun pw D:
  • Evien - Dreamweaver
    Evien - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I can agree that i've never played a game where magic could "miss" it is, and has always been based on resistances and immunities. I mean, you could hit for 0, but that's not technically a "miss" that would be effected by evasion. In fact, I don't think Magic should be able to miss. the concept behind that alone is silly. To conjure a spell to hit a target is to think about that happening, and then evoking the elements to do so. To say you could miss, would be the same as saying you "accidentally" thought about missing the target, which caused you to miss in the first place. lrn2focus XD

Regarding game balance, this is the same old argument experienced in all MMOs. The feeling of Balance is controlled by the players... if you feel your skill set is imbalanced, or someone else has an advantage over you, learn your opponent - learn your weaknesses as well as your enemy's, and overcome them. There is no one class in this game that is unkillable by any other. That being said, there can not be a such thing as "unbalanced" in my opinion.
    ~Shoot First! ...What questions?

~You can not outrun my bow - You'll only make it to HELL out of breath and tired......

[SIGPIC]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/bc13gtrst/Archery-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Evien ~ 8x Female Pure Build Archer ~ Dreamweaver
    Relicant ~ 3x Male Pure Build Wizard ~ Dreamweaver
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Nix's need to be fixed b:victory

/QQ
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    fixed like this?
    b:puzzled
    flaming-chicken.jpg

oh noes that might make them stronger.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Tackling Slash Level 10
    Range 4.5 Meters
    Mana 103.6
    Channel 0.1 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Weapon Daggers

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Harmony
    Deals a damage equals to your basic physical attack plus
    - physical damage.
    Immobilize target for 11.4 seconds,and increases own Chi by 50

Is this enough? I will be death in 11s. I don't mention another stunt skill and critical hits. They have more critical than archer.

the **** are you scared of? you can do anything when immobilized except move. this means you can cast (so like whisper, FoW, distance shrink, shove nuke into face), you can apoc pot (so like that stuff that absorbs damage, whatever it's called), you can use genie skills (so like absolute domain).

if a sin doesn't initiate with a stun or seal on anyone that sin is as good as dead. immobilize is good against wiz maybe if you're out of chi, panicking, and trying to run.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the **** are you scared of? you can do anything when immobilized except move. this means you can cast (so like whisper, FoW, distance shrink, shove nuke into face), you can apoc pot (so like that stuff that absorbs damage, whatever it's called), you can use genie skills (so like absolute domain).

if a sin doesn't initiate with a stun or seal on anyone that sin is as good as dead. immobilize is good against wiz maybe if you're out of chi, panicking, and trying to run.

Summary. Not from my head.
    To sum it up: Assassin is a char that can be immune to sleep, semi-immune to seal, can hide completly from other players while being able to buff/regen, has a skill that prevents them from dying, can teleport instantly to your opponent and also stun instantly, has a stunlock worse than bms, more crit than an archer and a skill that gives them 2 sparks instantly with the same cooldown as the sage chi skill...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Summary. Not from my head.
    To sum it up: Assassin is a char that can be immune to sleep, semi-immune to seal, can hide completly from other players while being able to buff/regen, has a skill that prevents them from dying, can teleport instantly to your opponent and also stun instantly, has a stunlock worse than bms, more crit than an archer and a skill that gives them 2 sparks instantly with the same cooldown as the sage chi skill...
    every class except like...clerics and mages and non-demon venos have skills that makes them immune to sleep and stun. they're very temporary and every class can use genie skills or apoc pots to have stun immunity anyway. you have to use what is available to you (not just your skill tree) in order to beat this.

their stunlock is NOT worse than bms, they have 2 true stuns that i know of. besides, can an archer stun you from 32 meters away without you knowing? if yes then it's not horrible if these guys can tele stun you without you being able to react - it happens anyway.

they do have some seemingly BS skills like skill dodge and spark gains, but i'm sure if it turns out to be overpowered it'll be fixed. this is a new class, even the flesh ream was experimentally changed with PvP reductions at one time in the Chinese version, devs just figured it didn't need to be reduced in light of endgame PvP and changed it back; i'm sure something similar would happen if it does turn out to be overpowered.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    every class except like...clerics and mages and non-demon venos have skills that makes them immune to sleep and stun. they're very temporary and every class can use genie skills or apoc pots to have stun immunity anyway. you have to use what is available to you (not just your skill tree) in order to beat this.

their stunlock is NOT worse than bms, they have 2 true stuns that i know of. besides, can an archer stun you from 32 meters away without you knowing? if yes then it's not horrible if these guys can tele stun you without you being able to react - it happens anyway.

they do have some seemingly BS skills like skill dodge and spark gains, but i'm sure if it turns out to be overpowered it'll be fixed. this is a new class, even the flesh ream was experimentally changed with PvP reductions at one time in the Chinese version, devs just figured it didn't need to be reduced in light of endgame PvP and changed it back; i'm sure something similar would happen if it does turn out to be overpowered.

I hope so. I invested more than 1 year of playing and some real money also, to get what? New class who can kill 15 levels above with normal gear?b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was hoping for some devs.. um gues back to ticketing b:victory
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    if they make shots and AOEs miss-able like say, in Diablo, they should also decrease the delay for engaging and disengaging targets, otherwise it's significantly in favor of melee classes.

this game doesn't even play as smoothly as microing units in an RTS because of how much you pause before switching targets or kiting.
    edited January 2010
    you know.. last 2 week i got 10 dc because TAB is bugged.. its rly upseting every second time i tab for near target it dc i gues because pet is targeted or something..
    Anyway, AOE's of physical classes miss, if they only wouldn't there whould be no problem in this issue but as I can cast sage 2 spark aoe and miss veno or a cleric or wizard is just silly, and i have 3 types of 2 spark sage aoes for 3kind of weps b:surrender
    Fortune favors the brave

• Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just suggest lowering the damage on every single magic attack, or, rather lowering the HUGE bonus each magic point gives to magic attack over strength to physical attack. This would make more sense than trading out the whole evasion system >.>

kthxbai. If you argue you're probably a magic user and or shallow moron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • psystar
    psystar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    listen lowbie,
    this is a chit chat about balance and especially for higher levels about 95+ that had put to 80-100+ TW's since the server opened ... and with all the money I can take from you by giving classes how to to play a bm, I still wait here for some serious players to say something.

Now go spam some player in level range 20-30 on forums trying to explain how to use their skils b:bye

go away 8910
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    eh. tbh barbs need to be nerfed. not any other class. each class can kill another class. this game is based off how much irl money you put in. the more you spend, the better you are. wizzies arent OP. just because you cant kill a wizard, doesnt make them overpowered.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    sure, ill edit first thread tho rawr.. kinda hope some bored dev will pass here.

Who said this is about wiz or o.0 who said that cant kill wiz? Its about balance, well in this case you can say veno is worse than wiz. Or maybe archer for someone else =_o
    But saying that physical user just have to refine and invest 3 times as much money then mage to be happy is joking.

Balance is easy to measure if you have same level of refine and shared buffs of each class for example, then, we all know average mage is better for TW than any average physical user :)

edit: I am not getting this therad notification on my mail -_- gms grrr
    Fortune favors the brave

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Listen, you can not judge balance from TW, which is basically a "gank" fest. And ofc that ranged magic users will take an advantage of the fact that u cant be aware of every single enemy target. And lookie ur HA, wau yay ^^.
    This goes to revers, yay an arcane magic user, woo he didnt see me, inb4stunlock4ever, yay it's dead ^^.

Ill go and agree that some of your's AoE's probably should not miss, but please do realize this is not ANY OTHER MMO, this is PWi and if you want to change (seriously nerf) magic users, for that you would need a complete rewrite of the complete game.
    And if you insist of bringing other games in this, then note how many instant (no channeling) skills they have.

EDIT:
    You dont have to have better refines and shards to match magic users, and i really hope that was a joke.

And lol to who ever said to nerf our dmg and skill bonus, i should advise you to play more then to Q_Q about somethings that you apparently have no clue about.
    b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    change stormrage eagleon to something less stupid too while we're at it
    edited January 2010
    @Nelae&gt; listen kid/guy/lowbie, you missed the point of the thread, and when you get a clue what TW in pwi is and how it works and when you get up in levels and with your tt99s and 100 weps and skills you would probably get lost instead saying that some high level is QQing because of a pvp talk.

Just coz I started the thread sont mean I have probs in pve/pvp, but why not talk about this? Its a General discusion, get LOST if you dont want to chat, keep QQ and **** talk for your friends.

TW is not a gank fest, and this is not only about pvp, tho for pve its widely known that who has advantage so ..b:shutup

This forum is to chat constructive.
    Fortune favors the brave

• Nexdonuum - Lost City
    Nexdonuum - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    @Nelae&gt; listen kid/guy/lowbie, you missed the point of the thread, and when you get a clue what TW in pwi is and how it works and when you get up in levels and with your tt99s and 100 weps and skills you would probably get lost instead saying that some high level is QQing because of a pvp talk.

Just coz I started the thread sont mean I have probs in pve/pvp, but why not talk about this? Its a General discusion, get LOST if you dont want to chat, keep QQ and **** talk for your friends.

TW is not a gank fest, and this is not only about pvp, tho for pve its widely known that who has advantage so ..b:shutup

This forum is to chat constructive.

You claim to want a serious discussion, yet when you reply to anyone, you start it off as 'lowbie'/etc. That's very insulting. Just because others' haven't spent as much time/money as you have to get to 10x, doesn't mean that you have the right to disrespect them as you have been. Just the condescending tone of your posts is offensive.

"This forum is to chat constructive." Umm. 1) Your grammar is off, and 2) you are a hypocrite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick learning Apprentice in the Arts of Subtle Killing.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:chuckle funny how you react, then pull out "big guns" and start to name.

Well now you listen, better yet start to read.
    No i did not miss the point of the thread, you want dev's to read your opinion on how it's not fair that magic never misses, while p.attacks misses.
    On every other game online most powerfull dds have a balance in cases they miss the shot, but not here which is eventually pushing melee classes off the battle, more to this, archers can get 1 shot by magic attack and they can still (for whatever reason i dont know) miss players that dont have even 100 evasion

Well even 100 evasion gives 1% for them to miss...and again this quote up is nothing then just QQ for 1 in 100 times it does happen by an unlucky roll of the dice.

The only one QQing is you again, and for petty reason never the less. Cause i dont agree with you? Wait you want peeps that will say "Yeah, you are right, man i lub you for your awesomeness"
    TW is not a gank fest, and this is not only about pvp, tho for pve its widely known that who has advantage so ..

Advantage? I wanna know what uber advantage it is that makes it so unbalanced...really enlighten me.

So your level 101 makes you so much smarter and wiser? Would think not by your posts so far...and yes i only see a high level QQing nothing more so far.
    This forum is to chat constructive

Now read carefully (if you are able to).

To change the things you want to be changed, would bring more unbalance, unless again the dev's rewrite all the game dynamics. Which will not happen.
    There are reasons why your attacks have a % to miss both pve and pvp.
    And let me point out that you want it changed for apparently reason, which is to make it easier for you? And ignore all the game play pre level100? Just so you can be happier?

Please rethink what you are implying, think just for a second how PWi works, before you yell your all so mighty self righteousness on the forums.

Now before you quote every single line that i wrote, i would really love to hear your ideas first instead of just hearing it's not fair.
    b:dirty
    edited January 2010
    When someone starts his first reply here saying ''you QQ'' and ''you have no clue'' and ''you dont know what you talking about'' etc - you should see whats comming. I should be nice and eat that cookie right?

Harsh reply from my side came as response, deal with it.

How can you explain what you mean to someone is very rude and negative from the start here..

I mention that there should be some more balance - maybe i am wrong, that dont have to be just for magic, maybe aoe stun should fail at certain % as well (but I think it does already except demon one), but i mentioned magic its really what I talk about, so i let others speak what they think its right I wont say they QQ or are nubs unless they are rude at the first place.

edit: umm cant track this yet on e-mail
    Fortune favors the brave

• MrPig - Lost City
    MrPig - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    remove all skills & equips and problem solved 8D
    no more people QQing cause they can't play their class well
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i played only 1 game in which magic could miss...
    and also if u get hit enough u get interupted many times >_>
    also i think its forbiden to call out for gms in titles so inbe4potentiallock o.o
    @Nelae&gt; listen kid/guy/lowbie
    oh please do share your wisdom with us you 101 BM...

ye <.<...

all i can say to this is chortle....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Discussion of other MMOS will get you threads locked, As the OP of this thread, please make sure to abide by forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.