Tideborn

Options
aximblack
aximblack Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
What is with the Tideborn class while it seems very interesting i have one hang up about it...the skin color option is not great. When attempting to make a character i noticed the skin color option only worked on the body and not the face....WTF?

is this a glitch or are they going to change this? Cause i think its really useless to have the customization option if it wont apply to all the body parts...im sorry if this is the wrong place to place this.
Post edited by aximblack on

Comments

• DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    aximblack wrote: »
    What is with the Tideborn class while it seems very interesting i have one hang up about it...the skin color option is not great. When attempting to make a character i noticed the skin color option only worked on the body and not the face....WTF?

is this a glitch or are they going to change this? Cause i think its really useless to have the customization option if it wont apply to all the body parts...im sorry if this is the wrong place to place this.

I think you need to have customizations on (in game. system settings/UI). I have no problem changing my skin color. (i'm greenish).

~DF
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

That happens for some people =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

It's a bug that only occurs if you are using ATI or Intel graphic cards. nVidia cards don't have that problem. Search through the tech support section. You'll find one GM basically saying just deal with it and another mentioning that they are working to fix it, but there are no estimates on ETAs or if it can be fixed.
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's a bug that only occurs if you are using ATI or Intel graphic cards. nVidia cards don't have that problem. Search through the tech support section. You'll find one GM basically saying just deal with it and another mentioning that they are working to fix it, but there are no estimates on ETAs or if it can be fixed.

it will never be fixed... they promised a fix for the WF with bushy tail, but lo and behold, over a year later and no fix (they have same issue, but in reverse. changing skin color only affects face and tail color)
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it will never be fixed... they promised a fix for the WF with bushy tail, but lo and behold, over a year later and no fix (they have same issue, but in reverse. changing skin color only affects face and tail color)

that happens when u **** with the ini files... you are NOT able to change tail color

EDIT: all the problems with our graphics cards with tideborn, including lag and black screening, is completely the devs fault
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    EDIT: all the problems with our graphics cards with tideborn, including lag and black screening, is completely the devs fault

Yes and no.

The game should run ok on all up to date graphics cards, but if someone is using a 5 year old card then they cant expect it to work as good.

Note: The last game I played had a hell of a lot of trouble with ATI and Intel cards specially laptop ones and they took a while to get the patch right without causing more problems than they solved