Aijou's Relevant VenoMANcer Guide

Options
13»

Comments

• Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Although when a guildie uses myriad on you or someone around you to sin check and gives you 0pdef or 0 mdef that is not cool.

Tell them to turn protzies on.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Tell them to turn protzies on.

Nah we do it on purpose to check for sins XD
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nah we do it on purpose to check for sins XD

Sorry I haven't played in a while and it just hit me that you have to.. nevermind.

I was ran off PWI for being a "fail veno" so I have yet to return and fail more.

Anyway yeah, defense levels are every classes shortcut to making up for where they are lacking defensively. They stack well and they're just all around spiffy.

You should be able to win in a fight against anybody using gear that is of the same level/refine/shard grade as you are.

Every server has it's R9 +12 but those people aren't your targets. If they want to kill you then let them, give them the satisfaction they paid for. Aim for equal targets. I personally could hold my own and usually win in a fight against anybody else with about 300m or so more in gear funding than me. But I'm too fail so don't listen to me.

http://pwcalc.com/0dc29b32b91d55f8

This is the gear I left my veno at. It's nothing special, but I take extreme pride in my ability to easily faceroll the sins with +12 nirvana daggers.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sorry I haven't played in a while and it just hit me that you have to.. nevermind.

I was ran off PWI for being a "fail veno" so I have yet to return and fail more.

Anyway yeah, defense levels are every classes shortcut to making up for where they are lacking defensively. They stack well and they're just all around spiffy.

You should be able to win in a fight against anybody using gear that is of the same level/refine/shard grade as you are.

Every server has it's R9 +12 but those people aren't your targets. If they want to kill you then let them, give them the satisfaction they paid for. Aim for equal targets. I personally could hold my own and usually win in a fight against anybody else with about 300m or so more in gear funding than me. But I'm too fail so don't listen to me.

http://pwcalc.com/0dc29b32b91d55f8

This is the gear I left my veno at. It's nothing special, but I take extreme pride in my ability to easily faceroll the sins with +12 nirvana daggers.

I like to switch to my HH 90 gear on my barb for some fun pvp. I had a 10 minute charmless fight vs a r9 wiz witha +12 weapon (he's a pretty good mage too) before he finally got me. Makes the game more interesting instead of wearing full +12 nirvana.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I like to switch to my HH 90 gear on my barb for some fun pvp. I had a 10 minute charmless fight vs a r9 wiz witha +12 weapon (he's a pretty good mage too) before he finally got me. Makes the game more interesting instead of wearing full +12 nirvana.

I had a psychic that I farmed r8 for during 2x and I only got her to about level 92 before I finally packed my bags and left the server. I had her in some lousy tt90 with a tt90 weapon. Her defenses, attacks and hp was just pitiful. But I have to admit, I rolled so many r8/+10/100+ people. I was having more fun PVPing with my noob gear than I think I ever would have with the r8 and tt99 that I would have had waiting for her.

I had been actively playing and PVPing on my veno before I got a nix and before the major FC craze. Pre-R8 and just shortly after the economy crashed. I have to say that the experience I got from doing that is something no other person will ever be able to have with a new character. Please believe me when I pull out the cliche quote of "Skill>Gear". But it's so true, even I've been able to kill a few R9s with my meek tt90. It's all about knowing what you're doing and doing it well.
  • Cazane - Dreamweaver
    Cazane - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    A bleed cant kill a mystic that fast...And why on hell would a mystic want to be a sucky boring veno? >.> sorry but I dont like being called a wannabe.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Congratz on necroing a thread with a complete idiotic post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    omg why would someone necro this i was like 9x when i wrote this omg this is embarrassing i feel the need to update this now omg omg omg.
  • killthelights
    killthelights Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    While your at it, mind changing the, "seal the HA class"? Please dont try as often people will have protections on, so what was an attempted stun turns into...well genie energy gone. Oh and imo the purge on first attack vs a wizard can be saved for when they try to 3 spark or when you get them off guard. they would just kite and rebuff. :p For sins...lure them with a nice bushy fox tail? b:cute
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Options
    While your at it, mind changing the, "seal the HA class"? Please dont try as often people will have protections on, so what was an attempted stun turns into...well genie energy gone. Oh and imo the purge on first attack vs a wizard can be saved for when they try to 3 spark or when you get them off guard. they would just kite and rebuff. :p For sins...lure them with a nice bushy fox tail? b:cute

Well I personally use the seal a LOT and it works brilliantly on assassins. It doesn't work as good on the heavies because they usually have enough hp from refines to not be able to die from magic attacks alone in the course of the seal. Although yes it's true many people are starting to use buff protections - but at the time i wrote this literally nobody did.

As a demon venomancer i adore my ability to run at mount speed. If a wizzie 3sparks on me i will usually have enough genie staminaz to absolute domain and get the hellz out of their casting range until their spark wears off.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well I personally use the seal a LOT and it works brilliantly on assassins. It doesn't work as good on the heavies because they usually have enough hp from refines to not be able to die from magic attacks alone in the course of the seal. Although yes it's true many people are starting to use buff protections - but at the time i wrote this literally nobody did.

As a demon venomancer i adore my ability to run at mount speed. If a wizzie 3sparks on me i will usually have enough genie staminaz to absolute domain and get the hellz out of their casting range until their spark wears off.

I've been using the filters ever since they were first introduced b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • killthelights
    killthelights Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Tbh..i had them on before i knew what they were @.@; What if the wizzie chases you with a holy path <.< >.> flailing at high speeds with nerd rage behind chuuu :3 Best course would be lucky scarab fox form purge imo. but yeh flailing violently is my second choice.
  • akimaharuu
    akimaharuu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I honestly like this guide. A bit baised, but EXTREMELY helpful for those who want someone elses opinion on the venomancer class. After reading this I have actually decided that I want to try this class out. But first I'm saving up for a Nix T-T
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

If you're using AD why not just purge? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If you're using AD why not just purge? b:chuckle

rofl

Last time I triple sparked on a Veno, they purged me right out of spark. QQ

Last time I TWed on my Veno, it was a one-shot fest. However, time before that, it was a lot of fun. I purged lots of Barbs and even ate a few for dinner.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think the new Bewitch skill can be useful in 1v1 situations for safe spark purges, but I don't really pvp on a veno much so I wouldn't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]