since when?

Psytrac - Raging Tide
Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
I'm doing the 25 culti, and I was fighting an Adalwolf Shapshooter. I had it down pretty low, so I figured: Heal up, let it waste out the last 2 shots on itself.

The best laid plans get screwed over by glitches..

Well, all went fine until it hit me 4 times in under a second, 98 a shot is close to 400damage in under a second, fighting at lvl 26 that's ALOT of damage in one shot, and is impossible to keep up with. Not to mention TWO were AFTER is died, what gives?

Anyone have anything similar happen?
Post edited by Psytrac - Raging Tide on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lag much?

10 char
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You had a case of lag, where u were running or whatever and he wasn't attacking then when server caught up all the hits registered what u didn't see.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    You had a case of lag, where u were running or whatever and he wasn't attacking then when server caught up all the hits registered what u didn't see.
    not true, I had no lag at the time. It was attacking normally, until I stopped attacking to let it kill itself. Then it let of a barrage of arrows. (Diablo 2 style (game came out in 98, if it's still competition that's sad..))
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    not true, I had no lag at the time. It was attacking normally, until I stopped attacking to let it kill itself. Then it let of a barrage of arrows. (Diablo 2 style)

maybe another one spawned/ ninjad you?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archer mobs ALWAYS fire off another arrow when they die.. It's annoying b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Archer mobs ALWAYS fire off another arrow when they die.. It's annoying b:angry
    this one seemd to fire off 3 more b:angry
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    maybe another one spawned/ ninjad you?
    with no agro? not possible
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    not true, I had no lag at the time. It was attacking normally, until I stopped attacking to let it kill itself. Then it let of a barrage of arrows. (Diablo 2 style)

How would you know its not lag? If you had some with you and saw that it wasnt lag, then that would make sense. I believe it would be lag because every since the expansion Ive noticed more lag than usual. Anyway Ive experienced what you are talking about so I think its lag.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    with no agro? not possible

Eh, recently random mobs have been agroing people regardless of whether or not they are aggressive or if you attacked them.
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Eh, recently random mobs have been agroing people regardless of whether or not they are aggressive or if you attacked them.

yea ive been having odd glitches with this. Like I kill a mob, then its' respawn immediately starts going after me, without me being close to its location, or attacking a mob near it.

its like the game doesnt end its' battle mode and it still thinks you are fighting it, even after u killed the 1st one.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yea ive been having odd glitches with this. Like I kill a mob, then its' respawn immediately starts going after me, without me being close to its location, or attacking a mob near it.

its like the game doesnt end its' battle mode and it still thinks you are fighting it, even after u killed the 1st one.

It happens to me if I use a voodoo while the mob is respawning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    It happens to me if I use a voodoo while the mob is respawning.

i dont think its happened on my cleric, on my mage tho it happened a few times while killing those tauroc thingies by secret passage.

killed one, and it respawned super fast and i hauled *** as it chased me.
    ^ kewl story bruh. no? :D
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    How would you know its not lag?
    because I was casting normally, and they were attacking normally.

right up till the last second..
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    because I was casting normally, and they were attacking normally.

right up till the last second..

That means you did not lag up until the last second... Does not mean you didnt lag at "the last second".
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    the server would still see them dead, and wouldn't do that. it's happened before.. (only I HAD the hp to take it last time)
  • BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver
    BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Server lag is a common issue but mobs in this glitchfest of a game usally always get their final up yours and hit you before they die it's something that has been addressed in gaming sites reviews. They even cast spells after they are stunned if the channeling was complete in my experience.

And when I was grinding in NS back in the day I remember stunning mobs right before I killed them and yet sometimes I still just got hit by all of them for 1,5-2K anyway, sometimes half a sec after they were dead. It's like they get a free auto-hit just to drain your HP more.b:lipcurl
    I am a Demon Axe/Fist BM and proud of it. b:victory

Played for 4 months between 09.21.09-01.18.10

Then quit playing a game that I had grown to hate every day. b:bye
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    TEH MOBS BE HAXIN! b:infuriated
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    I'm gonna find an app that measures ping by the second, and find out what's going on, that was downright rediciclous
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    and I still haven't done the hunting thing.. lol
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sounds like you got ganked by another with sacraficial assualt lmao.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    whats ridiculous is the amount of QQ and arguing over a single death at lvl 30 or lower.

adalwolves, of any kind (lvl) are aggressive mobs. this means they will attack you even if youre standing idly.

there is no new glitch that gives a single mob quadruple hits at death. the single hit registering after it dies tho is common, well established, and pretty much accepted. you either lagged, or were ganked by more than one mob. end of story.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    whats ridiculous is the amount of QQ and arguing over a single death at lvl 30 or lower.

adalwolves, of any kind (lvl) are aggressive mobs. this means they will attack you even if youre standing idly.

there is no new glitch that gives a single mob quadruple hits at death. the single hit registering after it dies tho is common, well established, and pretty much accepted. you either lagged, or were ganked by more than one mob. end of story.

note: if this happened at 60+ I'd be pissed. At 28 I'm being informative and asking questions
    play more in lower areas, nothing agros anymore, at all.

in fact, just go stand in the middle of werewolf spearmen, see what I mean.
    it was one mob, and 3 after-death shots
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    note: if this happened at 60+ I'd be pissed. At 28 I'm being informative and asking questions
    play more in lower areas, nothing agros anymore, at all.

in fact, just go stand in the middle of werewolf spearmen, see what I mean.
    it was one mob, and 3 after-death shots

ahem. i have. and they do aggro. just the west arch region alone, aggressive mobs: treeline wolfking, trees, ghouls (both kinds), adalwolf spearmen and adalwolf sharpshooters (i think thats what they're called). and that is just off the top of my head. where some people are getting the idea that mobs aggro was nerfed i really have no idea. it is completely untrue.

now for some ways to aggro these mobs: stand too close and dont do anything, heal yourself or another player, buff yourself or another player, attack a mob in close proximity, run past them, walk past them, land from flying near them, have one spawn too close to where you are standing doing nothing.

you're just pulling statements out of thin air to try and justify your assessment that something outside of the well-known realm of possibility occured. it didnt. no new glitch, nothing supernatural. you either lagged and didnt know it, or were being hit by something else you did not see. what is the point of trying to argue and come up with a new, fact-less reason as to why that happened? is that going to get the exp back? no.

just be more careful from now on, and dont assume that mobs are broken and no longer freely aggro.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    ahem. i have. and they do aggro. just the west arch region alone, aggressive mobs: treeline wolfking, trees, ghouls (both kinds), adalwolf spearmen and adalwolf sharpshooters (i think thats what they're called). and that is just off the top of my head. where some people are getting the idea that mobs aggro was nerfed i really have no idea. it is completely untrue.

now for some ways to aggro these mobs: stand too close and dont do anything, heal yourself or another player, buff yourself or another player, attack a mob in close proximity, run past them, walk past them, land from flying near them, have one spawn too close to where you are standing doing nothing.

you're just pulling statements out of thin air to try and justify your assessment that something outside of the well-known realm of possibility occured. it didnt. no new glitch, nothing supernatural. you either lagged and didnt know it, or were being hit by something else you did not see. what is the point of trying to argue and come up with a new, fact-less reason as to why that happened? is that going to get the exp back? no.

just be more careful from now on, and dont assume that mobs are broken and no longer freely aggro.

The mobs you named don't freely agro anymore =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    The mobs you named don't freely agro anymore =P

yea ok, whatever you people say. like im going to just disregard my own personal experience over the past 2 weeks leveling both a psychic and a cleric seperately in that same area where those mobs did in fact freely aggro on me, just beacuse 2 players with no technological authority over the game say so. *rolls eyes* have fun dying repeatedly and not knowing why guys.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    yea ok, whatever you people say. like im going to just disregard my own personal experience over the past 2 weeks leveling both a psychic and a cleric seperately in that same area where those mobs did in fact freely aggro on me, just beacuse 2 players with no technological authority over the game say so. *rolls eyes* have fun dying repeatedly and not knowing why guys.

Look at the multiple people... the multiple threads that disagree with you... ... and the multiple mobs that do not agro you.... The only case where they have agroed me is if i have killed one, in which case they will randomly respawn and instantly attack me no matter how far away they were...
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Look at the multiple people... the multiple threads that disagree with you... ... and the multiple mobs that do not agro you.... The only case where they have agroed me is if i have killed one, in which case they will randomly respawn and instantly attack me no matter how far away they were...

face/palm

thats called random aggro
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    how about a lvl 67 veno then? Take a few moments to go WALK those areas, I can verify, and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

I'll tell you what, I will walk those areas, AND record it. ALL OF THOSE

edit: here, watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZc2SrBZtZY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    face/palm

thats called random aggro

>_< .... when i mob agros me from more than 40 meters away... and when i say that i mean, i kill a mob, i swivel the camera and see a mob that far away running STRAIGHT for me.... that's random agro?
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Vinat clearly has no idea, theres no such thing as random agro, the low level mobs at arch west do not agro, regardless of how far ur head is up ur ****...they...do...not...agro...period.

the right thing was that when u heal just as the mob u killed with its instant respawn, also some mobs that dont even chain agro can agro u, such i was doing the hard teeth quest on the terawraith archers earlyer on,
    i killed 1, healed and 2 of them from about 30 meters away just started hauling **** towards me so i flew up in the air to lose agro,

it wasnt random agro, its the heal or buff agro i suppose from when it respawns instantly.

since mobs appear glitchy atm, the OP prob died from the heal agro, when she said she wud heal up, used the heal skill, pulled glitchy agro and prob got shot down by 2-3 mobs at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
This discussion has been closed.