WTF is the point of a chest of coins?

Options
Vizibroth - Sanctuary
Vizibroth - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Yeah, you get 1 mil for opening it... but the damn gold you spend on the hammer you need is worth nearly 2.5 mil.
Post edited by Vizibroth - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah, you get 1 mil for opening it... but the damn gold you spend on the hammer you need is worth nearly 2.5 mil.

The developers have set a base value on gold of 200k per unit with the coin boxes. Players on the other hand set the actual "CURRENT" value of 500kish via the AH.

~DF
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Before anni. packs u cud by a perfect hammer for around 700k, thats 300k profit, now however they are a complete waste of space.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My suggestion: Make the chests free to open. And, they give a reward of say 3-5 reputation.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Vizibroth - Sanctuary
    Vizibroth - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Before anni. packs u cud by a perfect hammer for around 700k, thats 300k profit, now however they are a complete waste of space.

Yeah I remember when gold was like 120k, then I'm gone for a few months and it's freaking 500k
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My suggestion: Make the chests free to open. And, they give a reward of say 3-5 reputation.

Good idea but they could even give a small amount of coin aswell doesnt have to be a million but yea rep would be cool.

• Bellamontage - Lost City
    Bellamontage - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I agree with this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nerd by Nature
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think the chests should either be taken out of the game or they should just give rep
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if idiots wouldve stopped paying for the huge golld prices we have currently, it COULDVE been an excellent way to maintain the gold market. unfortunately, the devs didnt anticipate the idiocy of the pw econimic consumer, and their willingness to pay 500k a gold.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if idiots wouldve stopped paying for the huge golld prices we have currently, it COULDVE been an excellent way to maintain the gold market. unfortunately, the devs didnt anticipate the idiocy of the pw econimic consumer, and their willingness to pay 500k a gold.

I've stopped and im guessing you have stopped. Has it made a difference? No. Is there anyway you can stop everyone on the server's to stop paying high gold prices? No.

• Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What surprises me is that the devs haven't seen the money they could make by dropping chest prices to 2 gold.
    Then again I don't suppose it really makes much difference if they inflate gold from demand for chests, or demand from something else.
  • XJinxx - Sanctuary
    XJinxx - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

they're willing to pay 500k a pack...so while people ***** about high charm, GA, prices, they're also going omfg packs and tokensssss
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

yeah okay, you get like 5 chest of coins from delta or something, i have like 100+ chests. would be so much coins flooding into the market if it was free to open.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah okay, you get like 5 chest of coins from delta or something, i have like 100+ chests. would be so much coins flooding into the market if it was free to open.

Try reading the whole post next time
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bawksy wrote: »
    Try reading the whole post next time
    nm, I just re-read it.

~DF
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    to remind how much greedy people are
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Maybe let people trade 100 in for a hammer.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah, um, no.

I'll gladly take the label of "idiot", if by idiot you mean somebody who knows Gold is actually worth more than what others think it's worth, and thus is willing to pay the so-called high price in order to make a profit. Today I bought about 300 Gold at about 440k each and made a ton of profit in doing so.

There are many others doing the same thing because they too know that it's worth it. We're not idiots. We just happen to know how to make a profit off of the current market conditions. If you want us to stop, tell PWI to stop offering the Anni... no wait... that won't work. Many have tried, and yet they're still here.

You know what they say: If you can't beat em... QQ on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Chests are part of the game's housing system.

Get enough and you can use them as bricks to build one.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's kind of funny that I can still sell my chests of coins for 50k each. Some ppl must be more stupid than I can ever imagine...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's kind of funny that I can still sell my chests of coins for 50k each. Some ppl must be more stupid than I can ever imagine...
    its kinda funny that **** talk on forums =)
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My suggestion is to just npc them^^ or don't do cube!
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He wanted to make it a rep reward if you opened without hammer, not coins. Even if it were coins, PWE has intentionally flooded the market with coins. They have been doing so for quite a while. Their 'coin drain' was complete bs and they even removed that statement from forums so they wouldnt be caught in a lie.

Giving the players a real reward chest would be a decent move in the long line of corrupt and disruptive moves they made in the past few weeks. It would affect the market? Not even 0.001% close to the **** they're pulling. So why not make players happy with 1 little thing while they destroy everything else?
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Remove the 1 mil gc and the need to use a hammer to open them and instead put X amount of Tokens of luck inside, and make an NPC charge to open them.

Players get the part of anni packs they like and a coin sink
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Remove the 1 mil gc and the need to use a hammer to open them and instead put X amount of Tokens of luck inside, and make an NPC charge to open them.

Good idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jibreel - Harshlands
    Jibreel - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the prices dont make sense.. never does :)
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about. The problem is: tokens can be made into CS items. Where tokens come now? From CS. That way they don't lose money. If ppl just used tokens from cube to make teles and such, they wouldn't get that money.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah I remember when gold was like 120k, then I'm gone for a few months and it's freaking 500k

Yeah those were some good times. The game was so much more fun back then.
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I got over 400 just on one char... b:embarrass
    If ppl just used tokens from cube to make teles and such

o.o what tokens?
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He wanted to make it a rep reward if you opened without hammer, not coins. Even if it were coins, PWE has intentionally flooded the market with coins. They have been doing so for quite a while. Their 'coin drain' was complete bs and they even removed that statement from forums so they wouldnt be caught in a lie.

Giving the players a real reward chest would be a decent move in the long line of corrupt and disruptive moves they made in the past few weeks. It would affect the market? Not even 0.001% close to the **** they're pulling. So why not make players happy with 1 little thing while they destroy everything else?

wouldnt a "coin drain" just = more people spending money on the game? = even worse economy = people who dont spend money on the game screwed??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    o.o what tokens?

Read my post and the one quoted.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.