wheres the challenge gone?

Khish - Dreamweaver
Khish - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
--Warning Rantfest--

no offence but iv noticed every single mob has been dumbed down lvl 5-40 no agro's,the fb are even more dumbed down. for instance fb59 mobs dont agro you at all where attacking 1 would bring almost all the fb down on party, yes it could get chaotic but atleast it posed a challenge.
i worked hard & long to get my lvs on all my toons but theres no challenge anymore if the AI remains dumbed we will loose players.
Iv had this conversation with many ppl in the comunity, most iv talked to agree with me.
Antcy - inactive - HT
Khish - Active - Dream
???? - Semi Active - Dream
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Khish - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    --Warning Rantfest--

no offence but iv noticed every single mob has been dumbed down lvl 5-40 no agro's,the fb are even more dumbed down. for instance fb59 mobs dont agro you at all where attacking 1 would bring almost all the fb down on party, yes it could get chaotic but atleast it posed a challenge.
    i worked hard & long to get my lvs on all my toons but theres no challenge anymore if the AI remains dumbed we will loose players.
    Iv had this conversation with many ppl in the comunity, most iv talked to agree with me.

I noticed this also. I agree for the most part. As far as losing players though. Some come and some go. New players always replace those who leave. nothing will ever kill the game like people tend to think.

edit: So many supposedly left over anni-packs. people said the game was dead. A new expansion later and alot more new players trying the game. Pwi is still going strong.
  • Khish - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    im not sayin itd kill the game, its just a shame that this should happen to such good game.
    Antcy - inactive - HT
    Khish - Active - Dream
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear45
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear45 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree with the OP. I almost looked forward to having some of those annoying lower level creatures gank my baby assassin, but instead they ignore me. Most mobs don't aggro at all, or even aggro when you attack a like-mob right next to them. Kinda took out some of the challange / fun for me. =(

But at least they haven't changed anything in the 50+ range so far that I've seen! =D
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    wait... no mobs in FB59 agro at all? so i can run straight to bosses while ignoring the mobs next time i go?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    wait... no mobs in FB59 agro at all? so i can run straight to bosses while ignoring the mobs next time i go?

fb59 mobs do aggro you. I did 2 bh's yesterday and we had to run back and save a cleric because they aggroed 3 mobs trying to sneak passed them.
  • Khish - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    they still agro just not like they used to attkin one doesnt have the same effect it used to. for instance attacking the spider just in the doorway his red mate totally ignores you
    Antcy - inactive - HT
    Khish - Active - Dream
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    they still agro just not like they used to attkin one doesnt have the same effect it used to. for instance attacking the spider just in the doorway his red mate totally ignores you

alot of the mobs wont multi-aggro no more but some still do.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    theyve always been abled to be lured that way crack head. god this forum whines just for whining's sake.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    theyve always been abled to be lured that way crack head. god this forum whines just for whining's sake.

Not talking about luring. Im talking about straight up shooting 1 mob and another comes with it. Some still do and some dont anymore.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Some low level mobs still agro you, if you att ones close to them.. My lil pys just died by being ganked by lvl 36 mobs.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    archers have always been able to lure certain mobs from a max range shot. you can do it in 3-x TT also.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    archers have always been able to lure certain mobs from a max range shot. you can do it in 3-x TT also.

I never even said anything about me luring at all. I am saying that some mobs dont aggro like they use to. Now you can shoot 1 mobs in a group of 3 and only 1 mobs comes to you. This was done by other squad members not myself. So it has nothing to even do with archers or luring.

for example, a bm running up on a group of 3 mobs. targets 1 and kills it without the other 2 mobs aggroing at all.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    im saying theyve been able to do that via arrows forever. its called luring
  • Khish - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    im saying theyve been able to do that via arrows forever. its called luring

this has NOT been about luring. it has been how the mobs AI has been messed with to a point that takes the away any challenge.
    the normal agro lvl have been messed with to a point where it has made the game to easy.
    on all toons i worked hard for my lvls watching the mobs learning the tactics to safley defeat them & move on.
    with the AI nerfed the mobs now are so ridiculously easy, even healers agro hold no sway.
    Antcy - inactive - HT
    Khish - Active - Dream
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    this has NOT been about luring. it has been how the mobs AI has been messed with to a point that takes the away any challenge.
    the normal agro lvl have been messed with to a point where it has made the game to easy.
    on all toons i worked hard for my lvls watching the mobs learning the tactics to safley defeat them & move on.
    with the AI nerfed the mobs now are so ridiculously easy, even healers agro hold no sway.
    I agree completely, I miss the REAL AI. this is a joke and isn't fun. I thought it was only for RT, but EVERY server has the same issue.. BRING BACK THE AI PWE!
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    im not talking about ****ing luring! mobs in fbs have always been able to be shot from a 30m distance and not taking aggro from the surrounding mobs! this is the equivalent of luring for an archer, and i dont see how its so hard to comprehend
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear45
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear45 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    im not talking about ****ing luring! mobs in fbs have always been able to be shot from a 30m distance and not taking aggro from the surrounding mobs! this is the equivalent of luring for an archer, and i dont see how its so hard to comprehend

Nobody is talking about luring. Get off of the luring part of things, jeeze.

They are referring to the fact that with a bow, ranged skill, etc, you can now hit a mob in the middle of a group from any distance and the surrounding mobs no longer chain aggro is many places.
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2010

That's always been like that. I haven't been in a fb59 since the expansion, but I'm sure the mobs at the doorway weren't "linked" back then.
    Same as some other mobs in that dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That's always been like that. I haven't been in a fb59 since the expansion, but I'm sure the mobs at the doorway weren't "linked" back then.
    Same as some other mobs in that dungeon.
    I was in 59 about a week before the expansion, and YES they WERE linked by agro, killed my veno countless times
  • Rohana - Lost City
    Rohana - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Although it was frustrating, dying used to be half the fun of the really low levels (under 30) and since the expansion, I haven't died once, on any of my characters. Sure, no exp loss, but also none of the 'Oh **** I'm gonna die!!' rush either.

I sorta miss it. b:surrender

Edit: WTF does my avatar say lvl 1? It should be 18... the one at the top of the screen says that.
    Someone fix all the avatars stuck at lvl 1!!
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    and for a million and a half times its always been that way. and im saying archers have been luring like that for centuries, freakin block heads....
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was in 59 about a week before the expansion, and YES they WERE linked by agro, killed my veno countless times

I can assure you they weren't, I've lured the spider and the others there countless of times. b:sad
    And we could always walk past the undine and the other one (tauroc iirc).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

In your previous post you stated "im saying theyve been able to do that via arrows forever. its called luring".

I watched a bm in fb59 run into a group of 3 mobs without the other 2 aggroing them. So how it has anything to do with archers or arrows isnt even the issue. Read the post before arguing with it because I dont see why thats so hard to comprehend. ty
  • Khish - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    and for a million and a half times its always been that way. and im saying archers have been luring like that for centuries, freakin block heads....

stop flamin ty

this has not been about luring never has been. idk how you can mistake the fact a barb complaining about rushing in & NOT gettin ganked by half the fb, for luring.
    Antcy - inactive - HT
    Khish - Active - Dream
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    god you cant read. im saying i can shoot a mob in a group of three like you are talking about, and not aggro the other two with it. it is a luring technique that has been used by archers forever, what part of that cant you understand? they didnt change any AI, or make the game easier (except dumbing down TT1-x some by removing some mobs.)

if youd actually READ what im saying youd understand this, but apparently half the posters fail to comprehend such an easy explanation.

as for charging into the groups of three, theyll always aggro. see it happen daily in 51s and 59s.
  • Assazou - Sanctuary
    Assazou - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    god you cant read. im saying i can shoot a mob in a group of three like you are talking about, and not aggro the other two with it. it is a luring technique that has been used by archers forever, what part of that cant you understand? they didnt change any AI, or make the game easier (except dumbing down TT1-x some by removing some mobs.)

if youd actually READ what im saying youd understand this, but apparently half the posters fail to comprehend such an easy explanation.

as for charging into the groups of three, theyll always aggro. see it happen daily in 51s and 59s.

MAYBE IF YOU READ YOU'D UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY WHERE SAYING. GOD.
    hypocrites anger me. b:angry
    but i agree, i miss the way it used to be. the "holy ****, holy ****, holy **** *relief cuz your cleric healed*"b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to XRiptidex for the amazing sig. you're such a beast you make Barbs look like kittens b:laugh

"Life Powder: The other white powder." -VerenKaunis b:chuckle
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

OP is a barb. i watched a bm run into a group of mobs in melee range and kill 1 mob without the other 2 aggroing. How is that luring? when a barb can run thru and kill 1 mob with aggroing others, how is that considered luring? Nobody is talking about archers shooting anything. We are saying that anyone (barb, bm or whatever) can run into a group of mobs melee attack 1 and the other mobs ignore you. Thats not hard to understand if you read the posts.

This applies to some mobs not all. Some mobs dont aggro like they use to. As the title of this thread states...where has the challenge gone.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    im im saying thats BS, and they behave the exact way me and anjiru have been stating.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    im im saying thats BS, and they behave the exact way me and anjiru have been stating.

Ok then your right and 99% of those who experienced it first hand are wrong. lol riiight!!
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    theres 2 guys saying its not the way you say it is, and like 3-4 saying it is. that REALLY is a huge voice of the community, right?