Weird Problems With Skills?

Options
skyxiii
skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Assassin
I know some of these problems are mentioned in other threads, but many were not. I'm going to try to list every problem/bug/glitch I find here.

1) Both Tackling Slash and Puncture Wound have their range listed as 4.5. Here's the thing ~ Puncture Wound has a shorter range than Tackling Slash. This is easily testable. Cast Tackling Slash on a non-aggro wraith from as far away as possible, then follow up with Puncture Wound. Your character will scoot forward before he/she can perform Puncture Wound.

2) Shadow Escape. The skill reads "...Dispel all negative status". What does this actually mean?...because it doesn't dispel poison or the mana drain over time spell that some wraiths use.

3) Throat Cut - I am aware that the skill description says it has a chance to seal the target. But do me a favor and hover your mouse over this skill while its in one of your hotkey rows. It says that it silences the target for some seconds, but doesn't mention the percent chance of this happening. It only mentions the chance to interrupt channeling. The wording implies that the skill has a 100% chance to seal the target, which is not true.

4) Logging out and back in of PW just to get rid of Chill of the Deep gets tiring b:shedtear.

If anyone else has anything to add, please do!
Post edited by skyxiii on

Comments

• Kesseron - Dreamweaver
    Kesseron - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I can confirm the first 2. but not #3 seeing as i dont have that skill yet.

heres another good catch:

4) My Focus Mind skill is at level 1. And although it says it requires 63 mana to use. It appears to only require about 12.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I had a thread with all the expansion bugs and they locked it. Best to just put all of your bugs there. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    skyxiii wrote: »
    I know some of these problems are mentioned in other threads, but many were not. I'm going to try to list every problem/bug/glitch I find here.

1) Both Tackling Slash and Puncture Wound have their range listed as 4.5. Here's the thing ~ Puncture Wound has a shorter range than Tackling Slash. This is easily testable. Cast Tackling Slash on a non-aggro wraith from as far away as possible, then follow up with Puncture Wound. Your character will scoot forward before he/she can perform Puncture Wound.

2) Shadow Escape. The skill reads "...Dispel all negative status". What does this actually mean?...because it doesn't dispel poison or the mana drain over time spell that some wraiths use.

3) Throat Cut - I am aware that the skill description says it has a chance to seal the target. But do me a favor and hover your mouse over this skill while its in one of your hotkey rows. It says that it silences the target for some seconds, but doesn't mention the percent chance of this happening. It only mentions the chance to interrupt channeling.

4) Logging out and back in of PW just to get rid of Chill of the Deep gets tiring b:shedtear.

If anyone else has anything to add, please do!

throatcut has silenced the target every single time i have used it
  • skyxiii
    edited January 2010
    Options
    throatcut has silenced the target every single time i have used it

Keep using it Lusca. The chance to silence something is greater than 80%, but sooner or later you'll see that the silence can fail. Paying attention to the little status ailment icons is the easiest way to see this happen.

And thanks for the tip Aadi. I'll try that.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Keep using it Lusca. The chance to silence something is greater than 80%, but sooner or later you'll see that the silence can fail. Paying attention to the little status ailment icons is the easiest way to see this happen.

And thanks for the tip Aadi. I'll try that.

i barely ever use deep sting and i have actually seen it fail but i use throat cut a lot and it has never failed to silence the target
  • skyxiii
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i barely ever use deep sting and i have actually seen it fail but i use throat cut a lot and it has never failed to silence the target

It will eventually. It has happened to me on occasion. If I knew what program to use to record my game play I could show you.
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    to add to the range prob. of skills. as already said tackling slash ahs 4.5m range. Ribstrike is melee....well i never had to go a bit forward for rib strike....always used it after tackling slash without moving an inch(and i sued tackling slash from as far as possible). not that i complain cause its kidna nice but well its a bug i guess
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Focused mind says it has a chance to avoid someones "skills" but ive seen it avoid melee atks from mobs to.
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Focused mind says it has a chance to avoid someones "skills" but ive seen it avoid melee atks from mobs to.

lol thats probobly when your evasion kicks in b:victory
    edited January 2010
    Options

well with evasion it just says "miss" but when u avoid something with focused mind it says "1" lol. focus mind doesnt rly "avoid" anything, it just reduces the dmg u would have taken to 1. so its also just a problem with the skill description.

but the tides is a unfinished and rushed class so im kinda not surprised alot of the descriptions are wrong/inaccurate.
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I remember thinking that focused mind was pointless in pve until I noticed the 1 hp dam thing. I use it all the time now b:victory

I used to hate that after using bleed I had to walk up to use a melee range skill. Now I used tackle/dragon/bleed and rib on melee mobs before they can even get a chance to attack due to that little bit of range on the skills. Or at least I did back when I was using deep chill all the time and spamming skills. Now that I have subsea strike, headhunt, and the chi granting skill I mix it up or melee mostly.

The skill that I was looking forward to fo rth elongest time was powerdash. Contrary to the skilltree decription that says you dash into an enemy formation with increased crit rate, the skill text says increased rage damage. Since wolf emblem already does this chi free with higher % and for much longer I see no use for this skill. Even if it did stack with wolf emblem it only lasts 8 sec IIRC and takes too much chi that could be better used on pretty much any other lv59 skill or spark erupt.

I never used spark erupt on my veno, but I thought that between the chi skill and the 10% mp restore from spark+ I'd save on mp pots a lil. I have noticed nothing close to 10% of my max mp getting restored when I used Spark+. I don't notice anything above normal regen when I use it. b:cry
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • skyxiii
    edited January 2010
    Options

Nuh uh, that's when Focused Mind kicks in.
    to add to the range prob. of skills. as already said tackling slash ahs 4.5m range. Ribstrike is melee....well i never had to go a bit forward for rib strike....always used it after tackling slash without moving an inch(and i sued tackling slash from as far as possible). not that i complain cause its kidna nice but well its a bug i guess

I forgot about this one. Thanks for mentioning it. I can confirm that this is another bug.

Yeah, all the skill descriptions could use some work. Compared to other classes, our skill descriptions are brief 1-2 liners that on occasion don't even describe the skill accurately.
    The skill that I was looking forward to fo rth elongest time was powerdash. Contrary to the skilltree decription that says you dash into an enemy formation with increased crit rate, the skill text says increased rage damage. Since wolf emblem already does this chi free with higher % and for much longer I see no use for this skill. Even if it did stack with wolf emblem it only lasts 8 sec IIRC and takes too much chi that could be better used on pretty much any other lv59 skill or spark erupt.

Awww...so it's confirmed that it doesn't raise critical rate, but rage damage instead? =Sigh=, that's depressing :c.
  • DayzFade - Heavens Tear
    DayzFade - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If one of you would care to confirm this one I'd quite appreciate it.

Shadow Teleport- brings you to mob, 1 spark gone, stuns 3 sec
    issue: after porting there is a large delay in which you are unable to use a skill attack, ex rib strike, click click click nada, oh the stuns gone Oo bam skills function again.

Stealth: both combat and out of combat,

It was mentioned on an earlier guide that this skill hides your name and basically your entire entity from anyone other than other assassins or squad mates.

test run - to all of my faction even the members lower than my sin, daggers were visible, genie is visible, mist is visible, name, and all skill animations = visible.
    Any Ideas?
  • skyxiii
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If one of you would care to confirm this one I'd quite appreciate it.

Shadow Teleport- brings you to mob, 1 spark gone, stuns 3 sec
    issue: after porting there is a large delay in which you are unable to use a skill attack, ex rib strike, click click click nada, oh the stuns gone Oo bam skills function again.

Stealth: both combat and out of combat,

It was mentioned on an earlier guide that this skill hides your name and basically your entire entity from anyone other than other assassins or squad mates.

test run - to all of my faction even the members lower than my sin, daggers were visible, genie is visible, mist is visible, name, and all skill animations = visible.
    Any Ideas?

I'll test Shadow Teleport after I get fb 59 done xD.

About stealth - Any character that has an awareness level that's lower than your stealth level will not be able to see you at all. You disappear from their screen, radar, and player list. You were probably in a squad with your faction members while you were testing it - squad members can always see you, regardless of whether you're invisible or not.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Power Dash is weird... description says rage damage, icon looks like a critrate boost, stat window doesn't change at all. I have no idea what it does and damage/critrate are too random to be able to test it easily.

I'm also annoyed by certain skills like slipstream... says they're melee range, but the range in which you can melee is shorter.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My wolf emblem says it gives me 16% more rage damege but in the character panel it shows as 215%dmg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My wolf emblem says it gives me 16% more rage damege but in the character panel it shows as 215%dmg

Wolf Emblem increases your crit rate, not crit damage.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wolf Emblem increases your crit rate, not crit damage.

It does increase your critical damage and not otherwise.
    It wouldnt be funny for others to face a 100% critical rate char b:bye
    check it out by yourself: http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It does increase your critical damage and not otherwise.
    It wouldnt be funny for others to face a 100% critical rate char b:bye
    check it out by yourself: http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

Ok, you're right. Now. It was crit rate before the last patch. I hadn't played my Assassin after it.

• Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ok, you're right. Now. It was crit rate before the last patch. I hadn't played my Assassin after it.

Now? lol b:laughb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

no it was crit damage very first day of the expansion
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Now? lol b:laughb:bye

Yes. Now. Because now is after the last patch.
    no it was crit damage very first day of the expansion

Really? Explain why my crit rate went up by 14% when I used it on Monday then.

I've been called a liar by better people before. b:bye

• Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes. Now. Because now is after the last patch.

I've been called a liar by better people before. b:bye

well obviously you've smoked too much pot
    it has only increased the rage damage on the stat window
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

I repeat it: Do you think it would be fair for others to deal with a 100%crit rate char?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well obviously you've smoked too much pot
    it has only increased the rage damage on the stat window

I'm sorry. I'm not an advocate of drugs, illegal or otherwise. I have never in the past or present touched harmful drugs of any sort, nor will I ever in the future. So when I say that my crit rate went up to 19% and back down to 5% after 30 seconds, then my crit rate went up to 19% and back down 5% after 30 seconds. Accusing me of doing drugs won't change that fact.
    I repeat it: Do you think it would be fair for others to deal with a 100%crit rate char?

And attack rate will display above 5.0/second but will not actually go as high as displayed.

Again, bigger men than you have tried and failed. b:bye

• Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry. I'm not an advocate of drugs, illegal or otherwise. I have never in the past or present touched harmful drugs of any sort, nor will I ever in the future. So when I say that my crit rate went up to 19% and back down to 5% after 30 seconds, then my crit rate went up to 19% and back down 5% after 30 seconds. Accusing me of doing drugs won't change that fact.

And attack rate will display above 5.0/second but will not actually go as high as displayed.

whatever x.x

fact is you are the ONLY person who says there crit rate went up
    and you have absolutely no proof at all to back up what your saying
    i could say the sky use to be green last week but that doesn't make it so

were as i could simply go in game take a ss of my crit rate and rage damage, cast my little self buff and take another ss of my crit rate being the same and my rage damage having increased
  • skyxiii
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wolf Emblem increased Rage Damage before the last maintenance patch, just like it did the very first time I acquired the skill at lv 14 (the day of the expansion release). It did this on PWMY as well. b:kiss

Yeah the inaccuracies in the skill descriptions for the TB are really beginning to annoy quite a few people.
    Anyone find out what Power Dash really does? Anyone know what shadow escape actually dispels?
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    shadow escape dispel your aggro b:victoryb:thanks
    edited January 2010
    Options

you are a pure bold face lie then. the skil never increased crit rate, it only and always did increase crit dmg. i know this with 500% certainty because i looked and tested the skill NUMEROUS times when i got it the FIRST day of expansion release because i wanted to see how much my crits would increase with wolf emblem on vs with it off. and my 200% rage dmg increased, not my crit rate... my crit rate didnt change at all and i didnt expect it to because the description said it increases my CRIT DMG.

so u sir are lying out ur **** pretty hard.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Regardless of what you say you just look like you're grabbing for straws. Wolf emblem always increased critdamage, even during the first few days when they patched the classes in. Considering it's just you vs everyone else it seems rather unlikely you're right. Unless you actually have some proof to back up your claim? If not just shut up.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.