Sin's tactics in PvP

Options
Nagamorph - Harshlands
Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Assassin
Well, I'd like to know how other sin's are planning to PvP againist each one of the other classes (sins included) I'd prefer without using genie skills but it might also be good to know b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nagamorph - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I've also been wondering about this.But people please if you're going to make a guide i ask that you make a FULL guide not just if you have an archer and you know his skills and tactics are then you just wrote it and that's all.I would like a guide from a person that has played all/most of the classes and gotten them on high lvls and is experienced in pvp.Also would be good to make a guide for pvp lower lvls.But please don't start making guides everyone like you did with assassins guides.No im not saying those guides were bad im just saying that we should leave this to experienced people and they should take their time making a full fledged guide. b:surrender
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I've also been wondering about this.But people please if you're going to make a guide i ask that you make a FULL guide not just if you have an archer and you know his skills and tactics are then you just wrote it and that's all.I would like a guide from a person that has played all/most of the classes and gotten them on high lvls and is experienced in pvp.Also would be good to make a guide for pvp lower lvls.But please don't start making guides everyone like you did with assassins guides.No im not saying those guides were bad im just saying that we should leave this to experienced people and they should take their time making a full fledged guide. b:surrender

knowing how to pvp properly really requires experience, you can have the best pvper telling you how to pvp and yet if you can't judge other classes hp and there damage and if you can't time your skills right then you'll just get squished
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    knowing how to pvp properly really requires experience, you can have the best pvper telling you how to pvp and yet if you can't judge other classes hp and there damage and if you can't time your skills right then you'll just get squished

Exactly!So i think we should be patient wait for experienced players to read this topic and maybe they will start making a guide b:pleased
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Exactly!So i think we should be patient wait for experienced players to read this topic and maybe they will start making a guide b:pleased

you missed my whole point, even if someone writes a guide it is not going to help that much

you actually need the experience yourself to get the feel of your hot keys and the timing of your skills, and knowing how much damage your skills do to different targets and knowing how much certain skills hit you for

knowing what skills to use in what order is much different than actually using them
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    Athena - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well no matter what the situation, you're generally going to be making your first attack from stealth. The element of surprise is one of the assassin's greatest abilities.

Now if they're a ranged class, you can usually do this: buff up an spark while in stealth, then either use one of your stuns or Tackling Slash to make sure they can't go anywhere. Then... spam skills until they're dead, which is usually in two or three skills if they're arcane b:chuckle
    And they usually don't have the chance to attack back because they can't react fast enough. They'll be dead before they even knew what was going on.

If they're a BM, I would say try to stun them and sleep them as much as possible to interrupt their attacks, and hope you can do enough damage to get them. HA is a pain for assassins.

If they're a barb... good luck b:avoid
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    _Lyra - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My assassins still in his 20's so i dont have much pk experience yet b:chuckle. However, I was on my veno yesterday and saw a red assassin flying over sanc. I thought 'why not?' and attacked them. Quick breakdown of what happened:

-I stun with my nix and bleed while I ironwood/lucky scarab
    -Assassin drops from the sky as charm ticks, purifying the bleed, and forcing into stealth.
    -I vaguely remember something about stealth lvl being able to camoflauge up to 20 lvls higher (meaning that the assassin is at least 70/80+)
    -I hover over the spot i saw him dissapear for 5 seconds going 'wtf'
    -I start typing out a taunting pm. Before im done, he appears behind me, stuns me, does the amp damage attack, and kills me in four shots.
    -I'm still hovering going 'wtf'

I check my damage logs later and find that i critted on my ironwood/lucky scarab, over 9 k damage, not counting lvl 5 nix bleed. All i did was tick his charm, whereas he managed to completely destroy me. Granted, i didnt have a charm on at the time and was unbuffed, but I was in my heavy armor set (+2 sharded lvl 79 mold).

Assassins ftw b:surrender
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just don't try to gank barbs of BM's because your in for a long fight.
    As for other classes I buff ChillofTheDeep with Spark Burst, Rip Strike followed by throatcut and there usually dead by the time they know whats hit 'em.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • MindNurf - Harshlands
    MindNurf - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My assassins still in his 20's so i dont have much pk experience yet b:chuckle. However, I was on my veno yesterday and saw a red assassin flying over sanc. I thought 'why not?' and attacked them. Quick breakdown of what happened:

-I stun with my nix and bleed while I ironwood/lucky scarab
    -Assassin drops from the sky as charm ticks, purifying the bleed, and forcing into stealth.
    -I vaguely remember something about stealth lvl being able to camoflauge up to 20 lvls higher (meaning that the assassin is at least 70/80+)
    -I hover over the spot i saw him dissapear for 5 seconds going 'wtf'
    -I start typing out a taunting pm. Before im done, he appears behind me, stuns me, does the amp damage attack, and kills me in four shots.
    -I'm still hovering going 'wtf'

I check my damage logs later and find that i critted on my ironwood/lucky scarab, over 9 k damage, not counting lvl 5 nix bleed. All i did was tick his charm, whereas he managed to completely destroy me. Granted, i didnt have a charm on at the time and was unbuffed, but I was in my heavy armor set (+2 sharded lvl 79 mold).

Assassins ftw b:surrender

highly doubt you crit him for 9k. SS plx
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well no matter what the situation, you're generally going to be making your first attack from stealth. The element of surprise is one of the assassin's greatest abilities.

Now if they're a ranged class, you can usually do this: buff up an spark while in stealth, then either use one of your stuns or Tackling Slash to make sure they can't go anywhere. Then... spam skills until they're dead, which is usually in two or three skills if they're arcane b:chuckle
    And they usually don't have the chance to attack back because they can't react fast enough. They'll be dead before they even knew what was going on.

If they're a BM, I would say try to stun them and sleep them as much as possible to interrupt their attacks, and hope you can do enough damage to get them. HA is a pain for assassins.

If they're a barb... good luck b:avoid

Well, I've thought about using Thunderstorm(genie skill) for those barbs but with their high hp... dunno if that does any difference.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, I've thought about using Thunderstorm(genie skill) for those barbs but with their high hp... dunno if that does any difference.b:surrender

might work on bms but unless you have a really good genie i'm pretty sure thunderstorm can't hit ~55-60% of a barbs hp
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options

Might work for killing an uncharmed barb (I can get a barb's HP pretty low in a duel), but if you're trying to kill a charmed barb in pvp, don't try to do it alone. It's hard for any class to do.
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Might work for killing an uncharmed barb (I can get a barb's HP pretty low in a duel), but if you're trying to kill a charmed barb in pvp, don't try to do it alone. It's hard for any class to do.

Then how many sin's would u recommend to kill a charmed barb?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Then how many sin's would u recommend to kill a charmed barb?

Two should be enough.
    Unless they're really decked out in good +hp/vit stuff and shards/refined armor.
    Then you're gonna need... a couple more O.o
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    highly doubt you crit him for 9k. SS plx

9k damage from my combo, not in one shot. Trying to emphasize their survivability, not my e-peen b:thanks
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    9k damage from my combo, not in one shot. Trying to emphasize their survivability, not my e-peen b:thanks

what level was this sin to have over 9k hp anyway?
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    what level was this sin to have over 9k hp anyway?

Deaden nerves + hiero + psychic buff = pvp tank

Pretty sure he was an oracler tho, so no way to tell. Didnt scope him out >.<
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Deaden nerves + hiero + psychic buff = pvp tank

you still didn't answer my question

but so your first hit and your flaming chicken do some where between 1-49% of his hp then your ironwood crits and "kills" him but it he has deaden nerves so he survives and his charm ticks, yeah?

small problem thou, force stealth doesn't remove bleed
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    cauterize does =O

and i still dont know what lvl he is, tho i sincerely doubt he has 9k hp. Nevertheless, he can take 9 k damage over a combo and still keep going. I'd say thats impressive for a LA
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    cauterize does =O

and i still dont know what lvl he is, tho i sincerely doubt he has 9k hp. Nevertheless, he can take 9 k damage over a combo and still keep going. I'd say thats impressive for a LA

lol i forgot about cauterize D:

and most sins are use the same build and same armor as archers so at 9x they have should have 5-6kish hp with decent gear?

and a vit build at lvl 90 will only have about 1'157 more hp than a pure build i'm pretty sure
  • XueWangChu - Harshlands
    XueWangChu - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    uhh once a sin dies doesnt that mean all the DoT and stuff go away? Cuz technically he died o-o
    So deaden nerves takes off the bleed?
    (idk im a noob x-x) just a guess
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    uhh once a sin dies doesnt that mean all the DoT and stuff go away? Cuz technically he died o-o
    So deaden nerves takes off the bleed?
    (idk im a noob x-x) just a guess

hmm interesting point o.O i'm not sure
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Pretty sure that anyone that got an assassin to pk is going full dex tho.

With ironwood doing 1.8k on the first shot and nix bleed (estimating it at 1k per tick, doesnt show up in logs) not ticking his hiero, he probably popped a pot when he saw the bird coming. Cauterize. Lucky crits for 3.7k, which shouldve bypassed his charm. I'm assuming deaden nerves kicked in here and just made it tick instead. Venomous auto-procs on my combo (stupid move i know, but i thought id win in two shots >.<) and luckily crits for 3k. Lucky wheres off and he goes into stealth. Factoring in the hiero and pot, he could have as little as 4k hp. Which would be 8x?

Just an example of how deaden nerves changes the role of spike damage. Instead of forcing the charm to tick before you really unload, you have to completely bypass the charm and tick deaden nerves instead. Then you can kill them. One shots are completely avoidable. Two shotting is possible, but even more difficult then one shots used to be as you have to completely outdamage their hp TWICE. Without being able to completely overpower them, it'll take in excess of 4 or more shots to kill a charmed (and skilled) assassin. Bearing in mind that they can go invisible at any point in the fight, i think its safe to say that assassins are the new OP class =/
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    you missed my whole point, even if someone writes a guide it is not going to help that much

you actually need the experience yourself to get the feel of your hot keys and the timing of your skills, and knowing how much damage your skills do to different targets and knowing how much certain skills hit you for

knowing what skills to use in what order is much different than actually using them

Still its not that hard,ive played many mmo's and could do good in pvp with my first tries
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Still its not that hard,ive played many mmo's and could do good in pvp with my first tries

and? you want a medal or something?
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I wonder if someone still remembers what the thread is about b:surrender I dont want to know your personal life b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and? you want a medal or something?

I don't care who it is who writes a guide as long as he has played most of the classes and has pk exp.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't care who it is who writes a guide as long as he has played most of the classes and has pk exp.

i give up trying to explain why you actually need the experience to get the timing right and knowing how much damage you can take before your charm ticks or how much you have to do to tick someone elses charm
    and also every ones gear is different and most of the time you fight different people, so while a combo from personA might bypass the hp charm and kill personB the same combo used by personC might not bypass the hp charm and kill personD

and if all you want is what skills to use on what classes type of thing, hell any idiot could look at there skills and decide that x.x
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i give up trying to explain why you actually need the experience to get the timing right and knowing how much damage you can take before your charm ticks or how much you have to do to tick someone elses charm
    and also every ones gear is different and most of the time you fight different people, so while a combo from personA might bypass the hp charm and kill personB the same combo used by personC might not bypass the hp charm and kill personD

and if all you want is what skills to use on what classes type of thing, hell any idiot could look at there skills and decide that x.x

So what the **** do you want?A guide that will tell you exactly what to do like move left use this skill attack with that move back do this do that if he runs hit him F you.Thats what i said 2posts back i want a guide by a experienced player and no ones gonna bother making your "perfect dream" guide
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So what the **** do you want?A guide that will tell you exactly what to do like move left use this skill attack with that move back do this do that if he runs hit him F you.Thats what i said 2posts back i want a guide by a experienced player and no ones gonna bother making your "perfect dream" guide

i don't want a guide, can you at least read properly before replying?

you are the one asking for a pvp guide, but no matter what someone tells you in a guide the only way you'll do well is with experience.
    so that you can get your timing right and to be able to judge how much your hits will do to certain people and what damage you will take from certain people

and as for what skills to use in what situation, even an idiot could write a guide on that just by looking at there skills
    but things that look good on paper don't always work out that way in actually pvp
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    ArkToNE - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Here's a guide, it works for all classes:

If the enemy <insert opponent class here> <insert situation here>, me as a(n) <enter class here> will <insert responsive action here>.

Fill in the blanks and put it into practice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]