Tidal Serpent! Yay!

Options
Nastassiya - Sanctuary
Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Ok, so anyways I purchases one of these when the sever came up. I was just curious how many everyone has seen running around. So far on Sanc i have only seen two other people running around Arch with it. Does everyone think it it will be that rare after the 6th of Jan?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nastassiya - Sanctuary on

Comments

• poverty
    poverty Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Rare, yes!

Wanted? Nooooooooo, doesn't even look that great and seeing how expensive it is, most people will refuse to buy it at 35mil.

Instead, people will most likely get the Nien Beast since it's not as expensive and actually looks better.

The only good thing on the new mount is the fog around it.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    poverty wrote: »
    Rare, yes!

Wanted? Nooooooooo, doesn't even look that great and seeing how expensive it is, most people will refuse to buy it at 35mil.

Instead, people will most likely get the Nien Beast since it's not as expensive and actually looks better.

The only thing that makes the new mount look good is the fog around it.

I didn't see the fog. I wouldn't pay 70$ for a virtual ride that is just as good as the 30$ ones. Looks are the only difference. Heck I ride a lobster I paid 3 mil for that moves just as fast as any other mount. Woohoo!

Something that makes an item rare is that there are not many, and that people want more than the supply. I think you are safe on this one.

I don't think that people want more than the supply that there is, which also makes the fact that there aren't many; not a factor in its rarity. After it leaves the cash shop, very few if any will miss it. Marketing was all wrong.

Had they put it for 40 or even 50$ they would have likely sold twice as many and made 3x more than they are at the current cost.
  • Tesere - Harshlands
    Tesere - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No point to get it.

My lobster runs at 11.
    My Ancestral Kirin runs at 11.

If this new mount ran at 13 or something... sure.

But it runs at max, 11, for about... 28 million more coins.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I guess you could hope it turns into some status symbol for a rich person in the game like how bulbfish used to be....but this tidal serpent isnt as pretty imo.
  • Wolverin_e - Lost City
    Wolverin_e - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Someone was runin around in Arch on it but this thing is really ugly-dont get why it cost 70 gold lol-wouldn't even get it if it was 20 b:surrender
  • Kesseron - Dreamweaver
    Kesseron - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Someone was runin around in Arch on it but this thing is really ugly-dont get why it cost 70 gold lol-wouldn't even get it if it was 20 b:surrender

Yeah I also saw one recently. I might consider buying it if it was like 3 or 4 gold. maybe 5.

Not even joking.
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hey guys, I got a Tidal Serpent.

I raced against my friend's Battlecat.. And it actually goes faster. o.o

And yes. Both are maxxed.

b:chuckle
    Belligero
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear36
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear36 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

i'm about 99% certain that this is just because of server lag and latency. For example:

I sit next to my wife while we're both playing. We're running through an FB together. On her screen, it shows that I'm behind her, on my screen, it shows that I'm ahead of her.

This is caused by server lag, latency, and ping. Not to mention PW's graphics don't synchronize very well with others graphics, so everything comes out a second or 2 later then it's actually happening. (for the most part)
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

You know what's also kinda funny about lag? When you jump a lot while running you fall behind on your friends screen then when you keep going on the flat it looks like you sped up to them because the server is trying to put you back where you were on their screen because jumping lagged.
    Good for a video but two mounts with the same stats and one outunning the other is just lag on somebodies part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Snypere - Sanctuary
    Snypere - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:puzzled 70 hard-earned dollars for an ugly land mount that doesn't go any faster than one for half the price (not that I would spend what little money I have on the lower priced on either). It boggles the mind.

We really need a facepalm smilie.
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    pw added 20 gold onto the mount because they know you got money for christmas this year.

..really.. 70 gold?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentBless - Heavens Tear
    SilentBless - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    too Expensive and dont look so good.. i wouldnt buy itb:thanks
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Maybe if they gave me 70 gold to buy it, but no, I don't think I will.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • RaDeSK - Sanctuary
    RaDeSK - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What are you guys talking about? C'mon, how can you guys possible do not buy this mount for a so cheap price 70 dollars when you read this!:

"This isn't a flying mount, but the huge tail fin looks like it wouldn't have much trouble maneuvering through the air if you managed to get up there! Look here, this nectar couldn't escape the wrath of the Tidal Serpent!"

mwahuwahuawhuawuhaw! I'm sure that u2 that bought the tidal are catching all the nectars in the server, wonder how many won the derby race or did something usefull...
  • Opalwind - Heavens Tear
    Opalwind - Heavens Tear Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Somedude - Lost City
    Somedude - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    hmm, go to the shop and buy 80 donuts
    or
    stay online and buy a silly dragon worm thing and get no donuts....

hmmmmmmmm

i-need-about-tree-fiddy.jpg
  • Lord_rein - Sanctuary
    Lord_rein - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yayyyy,its so nice,so pretty so...so...so 70goldb:surrenderb:cryb:angry
  • Sehkmaa - Dreamweaver
    Sehkmaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You paid $70 for pixels. I'm sorry but I am laughing at you.
    It doesn't matter how it looks ..... it's NOT A REAL THING!!!
    I find this hilarious, sorry.
  • EternalSiege - Dreamweaver
    EternalSiege - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'd pay $70 for it if 2 of the following things were to happen:

1. PWE gave me full rights to my account (ie can't be banned and such)
    2. If PWE keeps the PWI servers live until the end of time.

I'm not going to pay $70 just to rent a mount that does just about everything low priced mounts do.
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I'm with you on this. I mean really? Really?! A hyped up boa for $70 bucks? Wow, you deserve to be smacked for that if you bought it. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ..... It's funny how people get so outright offended in so many ways when other people spend money on "pixels". People spend money on Fashion, mounts, luxuries and of course in the case of most games, SUBSCRIPTIONS. That's paying for pixels is it not? People pay for internet and using the internet to play this game, that's indirectly paying for pixels. I'm pretty tired of hearing and seeing "OMG you paid that much for PIXELS? Dude you need some help." Get off it.
    I can understand if people are afraid of PWI pushing prices until things are unaffordable, but getting on people's butts about what they pay for and why is just stupid when you play the game too and you pay for pixels as well.
    It's really not much different than someone paying more for a blue car than the red one of the same type costs. It's called luxuries and some people can, or like to have them.

Hypocritical, stupid, mean, and rude; seriously.

On topic though, I think I've seen maybe one or two of these mounts running around Lost City...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • RedPeach - Lost City
    RedPeach - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hypocritical, stupid, mean, and rude; seriously.

it's jealousy b:chuckle

and it's so High-School thingy, like several jealous students gather around and talk **** about popular kids with a brand new Original Gucci bag in their hand, and they do that just to make them look extremely cool, but in fact, not.
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I've seen 1 on Heaven's Tear? If it wasn't just a Boa out of the corner of my eye. Lol. I'm pretty sure it'll be rare, simply because of the price and... well, the looks.

It is some people's thing. But they jacked it up to a ridiculous $70. The usual crowd that buys simply because it's new won't be purchasing. All mounts can go 11m/s. And it's not the first snake mount. So yeah... not unique enough, no special abilities and overpriced = fail marketing.

I love my Anniversary Mount too much anyway. b:cute
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm not jealous of anyone that has it. I just think it's stupid to spend $70 on a mount. If someone wants to spend that much for it, fine, let them, I don't care. But stupid is as stupid does.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Kesseron - Dreamweaver
    Kesseron - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Here's some food for thought though. With $70, you could buy a new game for your Wii, Ps3, 360, or PC with some cash to spare. Yes, that's right, another game entirely!
  • calvinh
    calvinh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Here's some food for thought though. With $70, you could buy a new game for your Wii, Ps3, 360, or PC with some cash to spare. Yes, that's right, another game entirely!

Agreed...

a reallly really good game for ps3, xbox, wii...etc. cost only $59.99 and its most expensive one...but this crappy mount cost $70 just doesn't make any sense and the support is really crappy...i submit a ticket and they replied two weeks later then I reply and another two weeks later they havent answer....

In case if you accidently mess up your character, you're totaly screwed with such money you spent...coz they aint transfer that to anywhere.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    calvinh wrote: »
    Agreed...

a reallly really good game for ps3, xbox, wii...etc. cost only $59.99 and its most expensive one...but this crappy mount cost $70 just doesn't make any sense and the support is really crappy...i submit a ticket and they replied two weeks later then I reply and another two weeks later they havent answer....

In case if you accidently mess up your character, you're totaly screwed with such money you spent...coz they aint transfer that to anywhere.
    Agreed, A mount, a small miniscule part of the game overall, is being charged for more then WHOLE games. This -is- overpriced, and there should be no excuses for it; Enough with the "bu- bu- but its a F2P game" bullpoo.

Too many of this forums 'regular' posters need to stop defending PWI like everything they do is off a tablet moses brought down from the mountain.

PS. dont bother responding to me as I wont be responding back
    Edit: vulgarity
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

good one. it's true though.
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    70 gold=mount
    75 gold= 10* dragon orb
    hmmmm......
    ummmm.....
    so with mount nectar wont be able to get away with its unmovingness right?
    sweet....
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm surprised this hasn't been closed, seeing as how any negative talk about PWE is considered taboo. Then again, the GM's are gone until Monday. What can be said that hasn't already been said about this mount? It's ugly, it's too damn expensive, and it's no better than any of the other mounts. The only way it would be worth 70 gold is if it also worked on water and it could fly. If it was for 40 gold, they would have sold more, but this time their neverending greed backfired.