Snowmen gone already?!?

FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
I totally couldnt believe it when my husband told me the snowmen are gone....why?? did it cost PWI so much to leave them till after New Year, like last year? bad enough that the whole Christmas event was nerfed down to a few measily snowmen, but to take those out before the holidays are over is just damn cheap. my family loved last year's event, and looked forward to getting to particpate in it this Christmas. then to be cheated out of it so massivly really hurt them....and im sure we are not the only ones who feel so.

why? why take it out so fast?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
"Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
Playing here since '08b:heart
Post edited by FoxRunning - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I totally couldnt believe it when my husband told me the snowmen are gone....why?? did it cost PWI so much to leave them till after New Year, like last year? bad enough that the whole Christmas event was nerfed down to a few measily snowmen, but to take those out before the holidays are over is just damn cheap. my family loved last year's event, and looked forward to getting to particpate in it this Christmas. then to be cheated out of it so massivly really hurt them....and im sure we are not the only ones who feel so.

I think you can lay the removal onto the shoulders of all the people who were ungrateful for them even being there in the first place. So many people complained and whined about them it doesn't surprise me the GM's removed them.

~Saitada
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think you can lay the removal onto the shoulders of all the people who were ungrateful for them even being there in the first place. So many people complained and whined about them it doesn't surprise me the GM's removed them.

~Saitada

^ This

And the holidays are over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Jan 1, 12am, nuff said
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Jan 1, 12am, nuff said

Whats going on at that time? Anything worth celebrating? I noticed its no longer snowing in my area, snowmen kinda seem pointless.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Im sorry but, I hate how you say your thoughts. Most of them seem like you are seeking pity. Its just what I sense.

Also, the holidays are over. Its almost new years now. New years =/= snowmen and Christmas themed decorations. Also, you cant please the entire crowd. Some wanted snowmen, some wanted them to be gone due to lag and other issues.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Free events that are fun are notoriously short. Cash shop events that are raged about are notoriously long. b:bye
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver
    Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Reason for taking out the snowman so fast, they are not the ANNIVERSARY PACKS..
    ANNIVERSARY:
    (noun)
    1. the yearly recurrence of the date of a past event:
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date.

BUT according to PWI:
    (money)
    1. the DAILY recurrence of the date of a past event.
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date that last 6 months.
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hi. I was also hoping they would be around a bit longer since they got here so close to Christmas, despite the new year.

Regards.
  • Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver
    Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Also, you cant please the entire crowd. Some wanted snowmen, some wanted them to be gone due to lag and other issues.

PEOPLE wanted the ANNIVERSARY PACKS to be gone and look what happened.. Your explanation is absolutely pointless and incorrect.
    ANNIVERSARY:
    (noun)
    1. the yearly recurrence of the date of a past event:
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date.

BUT according to PWI:
    (money)
    1. the DAILY recurrence of the date of a past event.
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date that last 6 months.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    PEOPLE wanted the ANNIVERSARY PACKS to be gone and look what happened.. Your explanation is absolutely pointless and incorrect.
    cash shop rules all in PWI it seems, to fix the marriage quest (ya know, costs money) they broke the Friendship quest (ya know, the FREE one).

anyone else see a pattern here?
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2009

He said some people wanted snowmen and some people didnt... some people want anni packs gone BUT some dont, so he was correct in " you cant please the entire crowd ".

The only pointless thing is you bringing up anni packs in a topic that has nothing to do with them *sighs*
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    bingo!

snowmen dont sell anything, and anni packs will be around foreverb:avoid

Reason for taking out the snowman so fast, they are not the ANNIVERSARY PACKS..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    He said some people wanted snowmen and some people didnt... some people want anni packs gone BUT some dont, so he was correct in " you cant please the entire crowd ".

The only pointless thing is you bringing up anni packs in a topic that has nothing to do with them *sighs*

She was using her point to explain that while his point makes sense... it also doesn't apply; as you yourself said: some people want them, but some people don't, just like some wanted snowmen some started hating them... the difference? They took out snowmen earlier, they have still yet to take out annipacks despite the people who don't want them...
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I did not have an explanation. I did not have an argument. I stated direct facts. You brought up QQ and BS. Also, not everyone wanted anniversary packs to be gone. Some wanted them to stay. Your post was just absolutely ****, pointless and incorrect.
    She was using her point to explain that while his point makes sense... it also doesn't apply; as you yourself said: some people want them, but some people don't, just like some wanted snowmen some started hating them... the difference? They took out snowmen earlier, they have still yet to take out annipacks despite the people who don't want them...

My post was not to explain why the snowmen are taken out. The point was to the OP directly like I stated "You cannot please the entire crowd". No matter what you (PWE in this case) do, some people are unhappy with the decision and some people are happy.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    and anni packs will be around foreverb:avoid

Yes they will, anyone who didnt realise that after they came back for the 3rd time needs hitting on the head with teh wake up stick.

They are here to stay (well leave and come back , leave and come back but ya know what I mean ) and if people cant get over that fact they might aswell uninstall the game now.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    to take those out before the holidays are over is just damn cheap. my family loved last year's event, and looked forward to getting to particpate in it this Christmas. then to be cheated out of it so massivly really hurt them....and im sure we are not the only ones who feel so.
    Not wanting to sound rude, but really? I mean, really? Your family was "massively cheated" and "really hurt"?

I didn't realize PWI had the power to shatter an entire family's holiday spirit so easily and thoroughly. I suspect that you might be exaggerating the horrors of your loss for effect and sympathy, and if so I think you might have overdone it a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • CountIfrit - Harshlands
    CountIfrit - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And the holidays are over.
    This basically sums it up. It was a Christmas event; why have something that is now 5 days in the past run until after New Years? That seems odd, much like Christmas in the summer.. Just wouldn't make sense.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Not wanting to sound rude, but really? I mean, really? Your family was "massively cheated" and "really hurt"?

I didn't realize PWI had the power to shatter an entire family's holiday spirit so easily and thoroughly. I suspect that you might be exaggerating the horrors of your loss for effect and sympathy, and if so I think you might have overdone it a bit.

For some people this game is their escape and social outlet, all in one, something happening without warning will cause them as much stress if it happens in the game as if it had happened in RL.

Not trying to excuse anyone, but FoxRunning has in previous posts explain her condition, so if she wants to re-explain it, she can, but I am not going into more details.

It is just a game for most of us, while for some, it is more than just a game.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    pretty bad, when a VIDEO GAME causes emotional distress for you. sorry, but its plain fact, THAT ISNT HEALTHY, no matter how you look at it
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
    edited December 2009
    pretty bad, when a VIDEO GAME causes emotional distress for you. sorry, but its plain fact, THAT ISNT HEALTHY, no matter how you look at it

You do know, I hope, that the most promissing treatment for Post Traumatic Syndrome actualy involves video games, right? Video games, and MMOs are also used by pschologist to help people with mental problems to learn how to navigate the world of social interactions, in a risk free environment to the patient (as in RL risk free, still very risky and scary from the patient perspective). It is also used to help people with phobias to overcome their problems, by allowing them to experience what they are so affraid of in a more controlled condition.

I am sure that those situations create stress, and that is one the keys to help people overcome the problems, since they can always turn it off, unlike RL, when they get stressed out and while they are working on overcoming their issues.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This thread is not about the wording of FoxRunning's post.

This thread is about the length of the event. b:sweat Can we stick to that please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited December 2009
    This thread is not about the wording of FoxRunning's post.

This thread is about the length of the event. b:sweat Can we stick to that please?

The snowman ran their course and now they retired to the north and south poles for some R&R. Deal with it.
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The snowmen were never a full blown event. They were probably just put in for the sake of stopping the "whens the snowmens?" questions. They were put in, it started a massive QQ of why the full event wasn't put in, that was answered, more QQ, and now they're gone.

They came, they saw, they got ganked. Now they're in storage for next year. Maybe.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    cash shop rules all in PWI it seems, to fix the marriage quest (ya know, costs money) they broke the Friendship quest (ya know, the FREE one).

anyone else see a pattern here?

Actually yes. I was quite sad to see today that when someone asked me to do FQ with them, it couldn't be done. But you know.. the game is free. To think that anything within it is... well for shame. /sarcasm.

I think you are overacting as well. Last year the snowmen stayed until the maintenance after new years day. I think that most likely we all ASSumed that they would be here that long again. But you know what they say about assumptions. It was a bit disappointing to many that they was taken out so soon. And I don't know about where you live, but around the U.S. (where the company is located)generally people say "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you". .. oh I don't know.. national holidays as far as the government is concerned? that pretty much makes it a holiday.
    This basically sums it up. It was a Christmas event; why have something that is now 5 days in the past run until after New Years? That seems odd, much like Christmas in the summer.. Just wouldn't make sense.

Depends on who you are, lots of ppl don't make sense! But the snowmen were a holiday event, I'm not so sure it was just Christmas. I have no clarification on that though. But more than anything I think "warning" of when things are going to be ending would be nice. We have no stability of when anything is going to happen around here.
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    By the way... Does this company have a name?
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    But more than anything I think "warning" of when things are going to be ending would be nice. We have no stability of when anything is going to happen around here.

I seem to recall the patch notes said when they would be removed. the 30th. So I think that constitutes a 'warning'.

~DF
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I seem to recall the patch notes said when they would be removed. the 30th. So I think that constitutes a 'warning'.

~DF

Can you please quote that? I can't find it anywhere b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:sad
    no.....more.....free....chi.
    ._.'

me are sad hamster now.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    no good free events for all players in pw.... you should know this by now.
    Why not play other games? theres some really good free games out there that always have events for all players and people are happy about it. I play more than just pw, so i dont get as annoyed by PW when they cheap out on us.

Snowmen in CS starting next week.

new years and christmas are usually considered part of the same holiday season. So have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year or dont
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009

~DF
    Can you please quote that? I can't find it anywhere b:shocked

I failed to see it as well. And even if it is there, telling us an hour before it happens while the servers are down for maintenance hardly constitutes a warning.

But as Aadi asked, can u please direct quote it, cause I didn't see it either. Thnx.