Snowmen gone already?!?

13»

Comments

• haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And the holidays are over.
    It was a Christmas event; why have something that is now 5 days in the past run until after New Years? That seems odd, much like Christmas in the summer.. Just wouldn't make sense.
    Really? And might I ask you to PM me the name of the spiritual belief that has it running that long? I am curious, and would like to know which it is. Thanks.

~DF

12 days of Christmas... Dec 25th through to Jan 6th... I may be wrong but I believe some nations celebrate the giving of gifts on the 12th day.

Christmas in the summer is how it is in the Southern Hemisphere. Are those living in the southern half of the world, whether it be Australia, New Zealand or South America no longer allowed to celebrate the season?

Those that point out about the emotional factor... families with kids, those children may love seeing the snowmen, they would be disappointed to see them gone so soon... I'm sure many that are on here having a good old whinge about the OP remember the day the snow melted when they were younger. Especially those in areas where the snow lasts a handful of days at the most.

I'm not annoyed that the event is over but it is a nice diversion while it is here, the rewards are not massive but help out.

The big shame is that the festive event was only half what it was last year and what it could have been. I remember setting off on a journey to 1k to collect the seasons event. What a journey that was! Meeting people on a similar expedition into new territories. It really set me up for playing this, as a bonus, while there in 1k I found a nice faction with players I can say I have become friends with.

The community as a whole union misses out to some extent with the short life span of these quests, being replaced with packs, albeit on and off and a discount code. Can't begrudge PWE from needing income but the fair play events are becoming more scarce.

It certainly would not have hurt anyone to leave the snowmen in until after the weekend/new years holidays. That would have made sense.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think you can lay the removal onto the shoulders of all the people who were ungrateful for them even being there in the first place. So many people complained and whined about them it doesn't surprise me the GM's removed them.

~Saitada

Seriously, come on. They're a business, not some random ppl who get upset cause we hurt their feelings. -.-

They can't just decide "Psh, players are so ungrateful...fine, we'll show them!" and treat them badly....when the majority are paying customers and paying their income which goes towards their wages.

I really need to quote it...they're a business, a company, the game is a product. PWI is NOT a privilege we need to be "grateful" for (unless you are a completely F2P player), PWI are not our parents or something. The gaming industry is a large and competitive market and players are going to go for the best available. If PWI can't provide a gaming experience equal or superior to it's competitors....they're sunk in the long run. And not holding events when EVERY other game out there does, is a good example.
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    haybails wrote: »
    12 days of Christmas... Dec 25th through to Jan 6th... I may be wrong but I believe some nations celebrate the giving of gifts on the 12th day.

Still doesn't tell me which belief does that. At least here in the USA, I've heard the song, but never in 49 states (that I have lived in) seen the act itself.

~DF
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Seriously, come on. They're a business, not some random ppl who get upset cause we hurt their feelings. -.-

They can't just decide "Psh, players are so ungrateful...fine, we'll show them!" and treat them badly....when the majority are paying customers and paying their income which goes towards their wages.

I really need to quote it...they're a business, a company, the game is a product. PWI is NOT a privilege we need to be "grateful" for (unless you are a completely F2P player), PWI are not our parents or something. The gaming industry is a large and competitive market and players are going to go for the best available. If PWI can't provide a gaming experience equal or superior to it's competitors....they're sunk in the long run. And not holding events when EVERY other game out there does, is a good example.

I know their a BUSINESS. Refer to some of my other posts saying as much. Your sarcasm detector missed on that one Seph... XD

~DF
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Still doesn't tell me which belief does that. At least here in the USA, I've heard the song, but never in 49 states (that I have lived in) seen the act itself.

~DF

It is not obvious? Which faith celebrates christmas..? If you then ask which branch of, essentially it is all the same thing.

Besides all that, where is the rule that snowmen are for christmas only?

edit: Bearing in mind this is global, maybe it should be considered to think beyond one nation.
  • Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear
    Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It is not obvious? Which faith celebrates christmas..? If you then ask which branch of, essentially it is all the same thing.

Besides all that, where is the rule that snowmen are for christmas only?

Sorry i say anything..
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    snowmans will remain as Christmas symbol b:thanks

I don't know where you live, but here where I live in Canada, snowmen are winter symbol, not specifically Christmas ones.

The time when I see most snowmen is the day we get our first snowfall of the winter. (which most of the time happens in the autumn anyway ^_^)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    but snowmans will remain as Christmas symbol b:thanks

That is just pure fail.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2010

~DF

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_%28holiday%29
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Snowmen is not a Christmas symbol! its a winter symbol dumnut!
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yes,snowmen and all are just part of the winter fun. in other PWD games, the fun is still going on, and getting better. why did PWI have to be so stingy was and is my gripe.

and i know im not the only one....there is at least one other thread on the same subject. but because i started this one, it has turned into something far from the original subject and a chance to take potshots at me. my point in posting was a hope to catch the attention of the GMs and let them know that i (and hopefully other would post) was unhappy over the truncated 'event'.
    snowflakes.gif

Christmas in the summer is how it is in the Southern Hemisphere. Are those living in the southern half of the world, whether it be Australia, New Zealand or South America no longer allowed to celebrate the season?

Those that point out about the emotional factor... families with kids, those children may love seeing the snowmen, they would be disappointed to see them gone so soon... I'm sure many that are on here having a good old whinge about the OP remember the day the snow melted when they were younger. Especially those in areas where the snow lasts a handful of days at the most.

I'm not annoyed that the event is over but it is a nice diversion while it is here, the rewards are not massive but help out.

The big shame is that the festive event was only half what it was last year and what it could have been. I remember setting off on a journey to 1k to collect the seasons event. What a journey that was! Meeting people on a similar expedition into new territories. It really set me up for playing this, as a bonus, while there in 1k I found a nice faction with players I can say I have become friends with.

The community as a whole union misses out to some extent with the short life span of these quests, being replaced with packs, albeit on and off and a discount code. Can't begrudge PWE from needing income but the fair play events are becoming more scarce.

It certainly would not have hurt anyone to leave the snowmen in until after the weekend/new years holidays. That would have made sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart