Assassins in pvp?

Options
XueWangChu - Harshlands
XueWangChu - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
I'll play a assassin regardless if they suck or not but it would be nice if they were decent b:laugh
I was wondering how good they were. Thats all :]
And maybe some pvp tips for a new assassin?b:pleased
Ty :D
Post edited by XueWangChu - Harshlands on

Comments

• Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Max cat like tread and you'll be fine
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Max cat like tread and you'll be fine

don't listen to his BS. anyways as i see your playing on a pvp server and..asking about assassin pvp ability i can give you my opinions. true cat-like tread is a unique skill but...its not really usefull till much much later lvls. imo almost all of assassins skills tend to be pvp oriented. but make sure you lvl up your skills that can control your opponent. like ribstrike, deep sting, etc...
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    razad wrote: »
    don't listen to his BS. anyways as i see your playing on a pvp server and..asking about assassin pvp ability i can give you my opinions. true cat-like tread is a unique skill but...its not really usefull till much much later lvls. imo almost all of assassins skills tend to be pvp oriented. but make sure you lvl up your skills that can control your opponent. like ribstrike, deep sting, etc...

Hmm, state the obvious and you say my post is bs? or are you some noob I pked earllier?
  • Fishtaco - Lost City
    Fishtaco - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol look its morty again
    with his arrogant attitude and crazy bs
    cat like tread is one of the spells that should be maxed later onwards
    no point really maxing until around level 70-80 cos higher levels can see you regardless
    morty why are u giving advice when clearly you are having trouble with your assassin seen through your numerous qq threads
    perhaps if op listens to you he will be in the same situtaion
    do you not understand that if you are sucking hardcore it is most likely cos the skills, items, and playstyle you choose are not such great choices
    and if you give similar suggestions to those seeking help they will also suck hardcore
    if you are failing and have accepted it dont give advice ok
  • DontBlink - Harshlands
    DontBlink - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    As far as pvp goes 30+ we do very well. As far as mobs, 1v1 is fine as long as you use life powders your good (Psys tend to lvl faster b/c they have skills to keep mobs away and kill pretty fast but it only gets better as you lvl and plus their magic so thats a dif playing field) and of course we aren't made for aoe at all XD. Keep your gear updated and stick to the 4 dex 1 str build XD. And yes cat like thread should be kept up to date if you pvp alot because you get more stealth each lvl (2) than keeping up with shadow walk and shadow escape because we struggle with our spirit like other classes and have quite a bit of skills.
  • noheaven23
    noheaven23 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    At 65 with TT60 daggers and decent gear I am able to kill mages 7x-8x so long as my shadow jump lands, barbs 6x and 7x if there armor isn't up to par, Clerics 6x-7x, bms 6x, archers depend how much they dodge :/ I made my own build so its not your classic 1 vit 4 dex but it works well. The only class I can see that sin's have a problem with at the moment oddly is BM's. But later on I can see that changing once my evasion is much higher.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    noheaven23 wrote: »
    At 65 with TT60 daggers and decent gear I am able to kill mages 7x-8x so long as my shadow jump lands, barbs 6x and 7x if there armor isn't up to par, Clerics 6x-7x, bms 6x, archers depend how much they dodge :/ I made my own build so its not your classic 1 vit 4 dex but it works well. The only class I can see that sin's have a problem with at the moment oddly is BM's. But later on I can see that changing once my evasion is much higher.

only thing what cahngeing the bm's get more acc ring like gold lv77 or tt90 or cv95, same like a good barb....

but this good news if u do same agaist archers
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol look its morty again
    with his arrogant attitude and crazy bs
    cat like tread is one of the spells that should be maxed later onwards
    no point really maxing until around level 70-80 cos higher levels can see you regardless
    morty why are u giving advice when clearly you are having trouble with your assassin seen through your numerous qq threads
    perhaps if op listens to you he will be in the same situtaion
    do you not understand that if you are sucking hardcore it is most likely cos the skills, items, and playstyle you choose are not such great choices
    and if you give similar suggestions to those seeking help they will also suck hardcore
    if you are failing and have accepted it dont give advice ok

Thats when I was level 38 and had worst gear ever, and NO I didn't have any trouble with my assassin, at all, it was just I was loosing money and had no real way of making it back, so stfu noob.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Thats when I was level 38 and had worst gear ever, and NO I didn't have any trouble with my assassin, at all, it was just I was loosing money and had no real way of making it back, so stfu noob.

>_< Why is it that all you can do is offer worthless advice and then flame others who call you out for it?
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    >_< Why is it that all you can do is offer worthless advice and then flame others who call you out for it?

Not worthless advice I'm sure I help out lot of people, just a few people seem to be hate/jealous of me and maybe your another? I ain't seen you give any advice not to mention that is your opinion and invalid as its un true, once again stfu. Stay on topic?
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Not worthless advice I'm sure I help out lot of people, just a few people seem to be hate/jealous of me and maybe your another? I ain't seen you give any advice not to mention that is your opinion and invalid as its un true, once again stfu. Stay on topic?

-sigh- so you're saying to the op to just max cat-like thread and he'll be fine? What about other skills? It seems to me that you just wanted a quick +1 to your post count and because of that you just gave out lame advice that really doesn't help that much at lowerlevels >_<
    Level up.... then give advice =P

And why would i be jealous of you? I'm quite comfortable in hoarding my wealth of knowledge, unlike you who feels the need to gloat about what little knowledge you have to offer...
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • ElveZero - Harshlands
    ElveZero - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    -sigh- so you're saying to the op to just max cat-like thread and he'll be fine? What about other skills? It seems to me that you just wanted a quick +1 to your post count and because of that you just gave out lame advice that really doesn't help that much at lowerlevels >_<

And why would i be jealous of you? I'm quite comfortable in hoarding my wealth of knowledge, unlike you who feels the need to gloat about what little knowledge you have to offer...

Lmao wtf are you talking about do you know who he is? Your chatting away saying he not giving out advice, he just adding +1 post count, For a start you aint gave no help in this thread except to just quote him and continue giving out your opinion which he couldn't give a rats ****, so why are you doing this? Who knows maybe you are jealous. He has already written out a guide so maybe he is giving pointers instead of repeating himself to morons like you? Gtfo.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options

Lol okay?
    /fail.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lmao wtf are you talking about do you know who he is? Your chatting away saying he not giving out advice, he just adding +1 post count, For a start you aint gave no help in this thread except to just quote him and continue giving out your opinion which he couldn't give a rats ****, so why are you doing this? Who knows maybe you are jealous. He has already written out a guide so maybe he is giving pointers instead of repeating himself to morons like you? Gtfo.

... of course... please forgive me for calling out a person who wrote a guide b:shocked

Especially when said person wrote this guide when he was in the 2xs..... -sigh- whatever, i'm plenty helpful....
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear
    Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

dude, get over urself, would u, stop acting like ur better, because the way u talk; u sure as hell aren't better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Uziel - Harshlands
    Uziel - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    In regards to the original question, Sin's are proving to be a very nice class in pvp- In my case a nice change from my 8x BM. You're "stomping" power so to speak is really unmatched unless you're up against a higher level Archer/Wiz. Shadow Jump and Shadow Teleport really change everything in pvp as well as our defensive skills. However it seems we relies heavily upon them due to low HP, Unlike the Wiz and Archer we can't really kite but we are more offensive in alot of aspects and our few buffs that allow us to.

If anyone here has used oracles to a decent level (my quests have stopped so I wont be getting high anytime soon) Can you toss in some input on wither or not our combat stealth will be a life saver in ganks etc?
    Former BM Masakari
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    _Lyra - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Reposting here because I think it applies more to this thread:

My assassins still in his 20's so i dont have much pk experience yet b:chuckle . However, I was on my veno yesterday and saw a red assassin flying over sanc. I thought 'why not?' and attacked them. Quick breakdown of what happened:

-I stun with my nix and bleed while I ironwood/lucky scarab
    -Assassin drops from the sky as charm ticks, purifying the bleed, and forcing into stealth.
    -I vaguely remember something about stealth lvl being able to camoflauge up to 20 lvls higher (meaning that the assassin is at least 70/80+)
    -I hover over the spot i saw him dissapear for 5 seconds going 'wtf'
    -I start typing out a taunting pm. Before im done, he appears behind me, stuns me, does the amp damage attack, and kills me in four shots.
    -I'm still hovering going 'wtf'

I check my damage logs later and find that i critted on my ironwood/lucky scarab, over 9 k damage, not counting lvl 5 nix bleed. All i did was tick his charm, whereas he managed to completely destroy me. Granted, i didnt have a charm on at the time and was unbuffed, but I was in my heavy armor set (+2 sharded lvl 79 mold).

Assassins ftw b:surrender
  • Hampton - Raging Tide
    Hampton - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    In all there great skill I only see an Assassin be very good in 1v1s. I mean if they get into a 2v1=Dead (meaning they don't to stealth and run away). IDK just a thought. Might be interesting to see them in TWs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Can people in this world be so less serious?
    "What you do in life echoes an eternity" Maximus Gladiator 2000 b:pleased
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    In all there great skill I only see an Assassin be very good in 1v1s. I mean if they get into a 2v1=Dead (meaning they don't to stealth and run away). IDK just a thought. Might be interesting to see them in TWs.

I think their job in TWs would be something like entering stealth mode and kill clerics and DDs fast so that the other ones in ur fact can get the ones who r still alive.(specially the barbs b:angry)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    Athena - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Might be interesting to see them in TWs.

You mean it might be interesting to not see them mirite?