Should i start putting points into vit since i'm pulling aggro too much?

Options
Paer - Raging Tide
Paer - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Psychic
I'm just using my basic first two skills w/o vodoo and when i did the fb the other day with people who were 4lvls+ above me i kept pulling aggro randomly. Then when i did wolf boy(krixixixxixix) i managed to pull aggro from a 38 blade master, 37 torngin pet from a veno in the party, and a 36 barb. I was at the time only 35. I had been goign pure all the way up but now i'm worried that i'm goign to be pulling too much aggro even though i'm just attacking with the basic skills and not even trying to go "OMFG i winner damage" amounts.

Currently teh build is 4mag, 1 str every odd level. And 5 mag every even level. I also have my weapon token molded items so that might be it? And by it i mean what's putting my damage over thetop. There towards teh end of wolf boy fight the barb and blade gave up on trying to keep him off of me and the cleric just kept healing me.
Post edited by Paer - Raging Tide on

Comments

• I_Know - Heavens Tear
    I_Know - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Cool Troll bro
  • choasjoker
    choasjoker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    dude your not used to the aggro pulling i myself im a pure and i have pulled so many bosses and monsters away from lvl 50s and 60s nothing scares me anymore.

With black voodoo buff you have like a 90% chance of pulling any boss/monster. If you are smart DON'T ATTACK PERIOD because we psy tend to deal alot more damage in a short time span than other class. Yes, that means you sit and wait till the aggro boss' life is below half then start your judgement. Same with monsters do not take on any monster that has been just aggroed if you do you will instantly steal it.

Going vit is a bad choice right now im lvl 45 pure psy and i hit 2500-2900 b:victory worth of damage that is with black voodoo, without is 2100-2400. I have no problem with monsters cause they HARDLY reach me. From wat i have heard for every vit point you get 10 hp <---not worth it b:shocked. I wont scarface my damage output for some flimsy hp gain.

Well its up to if you don't like the life of hard hitter than go vit/magic psy which is the hybrid build OR go light armor build which involves you criting alot more than usual plus side you use light armor.

Pure psy - every odd level 1 str 4 magic and every even level 5 magic b:victory
    Light armor psy - would be something like 3 magic 1 dex 1str every level
    Vit or Hybrid psy - would be 3 magic 1 str 1 vit every odd level and even level would be 3 magic 2 vit so you would somewat qualify for robes
  • Yllarius - Heavens Tear
    Yllarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Eh, you guys are ****. I'd just like to throw that out there.

I have one of each class, and the psychic is no harder to control aggro than any other class. Stop ******** about your noobishness and go play a barb if your that inclined to pull aggro.
  • Paer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Er... i'm not trying to troll i just don't like death. I'm using my most basic skills since i'm a magic class. I can't just sit there and do auto-attacks like a melee class. I have to do something. And i was just wondering if it was normal to have it happen to me.

And you honestly think controlling aggro is so easy i have a hard time believing you. If you're a magic class and your weakest spells manage to pull aggro it's not a cool thing to have happen. I want to be contributing but i don't understand what i'm supposed to do. Oh hey i'm a Dps class and i'll go along but i'll just sit here kthnx. I thought our damage wouldn't be so high that i'd have to really worry about it when i was using my basic skills. I'm not even using the new skills that do more damage. I was trying to just kill the thing w/o overdoing it. Archers can just bow the boss. Assassins can just do white damage like all the other melee classes. Clerics will be mostly likely be healing most of the time. And well that only leaves wizards, i've never really played one because i don't normally play a magic class.

So then how would be the best way to even do anything? Just sit there and wait? I thought the point of having me in their party was to help them. Not pull and die.
  • RuleItAll - Heavens Tear
    RuleItAll - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well. HP rules......you have to have sufficient vital points before starting to deal damages, otherwise you will just gonna be dying over and over again.b:sad
  • Pirie - Heavens Tear
    Pirie - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So far, it seems best to run a light armor psy... dumping a bit of your mag into str and dex not only vastly increases your survivability when you grab some casual aggro, but it also slightly lowers your damage output so that you are not constantly dragging stuff away from the barb.

about every 3 levels I throw a point or two at vit (whatever I don't need for up-to-date armor and weapons) it's not the most ideal, but it certainly helps me survive.
  • Mistyria - Lost City
    Mistyria - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    for me, when i do fb and stuff like that and i'm scared of having too much aggro, i just turn on white voodoo. it reduces ur atk by a good amount so you don't pull monsters away and you also take less dmg if you happen to get mobbed

i'm more a pve-er so i went with the pure mag build. starting from lvl 30's, i find monsters won't even be able to scratch you (occasionally with the increased life and ranged monsters). but that's not anything a landslide or bubble of life won't solve =)

i also went with pure mag build for now too since it's not too late to switch into LA build or add more vit later on in game if you decide to go pvp or find that you can't stand dying a lot (altho i highly doubt it in pve)

just my two cents. ^_^ hope it helps
  • Paer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hmm never thought about using white vodoo so i guess i'll start leveling it up then and just pop it when boss time comes along. Since my onlyl problem was fb runs. I never die out in the wild unless some mob decides to pull an add outta no where, and then someone comes from out of its way to attack me and i don't see them till it's two late and i die. Other than i'm not getting all that often.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    And you honestly think controlling aggro is so easy i have a hard time believing you. If you're a magic class and your weakest spells manage to pull aggro it's not a cool thing to have happen. I want to be contributing but i don't understand what i'm supposed to do. Oh hey i'm a Dps class and i'll go along but i'll just sit here kthnx. I thought our damage wouldn't be so high that i'd have to really worry about it when i was using my basic skills. I'm not even using the new skills that do more damage. I was trying to just kill the thing w/o overdoing it. Archers can just bow the boss. Assassins can just do white damage like all the other melee classes. Clerics will be mostly likely be healing most of the time. And well that only leaves wizards, i've never really played one because i don't normally play a magic class.

So then how would be the best way to even do anything? Just sit there and wait? I thought the point of having me in their party was to help them. Not pull and die.

Just pointing this out...an archer has a right to speak on the topic of pulling aggro, they're one of the most inclined to pull aggro as a matter of fact. "just bowing the boss" is the highest DPS for an archer, so that insight into their mechanics helps them rather little. Wizards tend to pull aggro a lot as well, especially higher levels when they begin to get that OP power.

If you're not dying often, why add vit? Just space out your attacks some more, or take off your rings like other classes that pull aggro all the time. Take a lesson from an archer or two, they deal with that every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Best piece of advise, let's the one tanking take agro and build it if they don't have agro skill like a barb. For DD class, this mean, wait a little and/or space out your attacks.

I recently discovered the "joys" of using a pet who cannot hold agro as well as a magmite/eldergoth. I was hoping to use that florafang guard for it's lv3 shriek and help interupting boss's skills, but I need to apply my first part of this post to grind with her and said shriek is'nt easy to use. How barb can be good at interrupting, I have no idea, beside much more training and being in the boss face, not from afar trying to jungle too much skills at once. b:shocked

Conserning Krixxis, that boss is much easier for an arcane user to tank anyways, so you were the right tank.b:laugh Also, apparently Torrent(water DoT) always pull agro and I confirmed for myself that white voodoo doesn't reduce it's damage. And even if landslide knockback doesn't work on boss, I'm pretty sure that the interupting part of it still does.
  • Fishtaco - Lost City
    Fishtaco - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol this thread is the lamest attempt to subtly brag about the abilities on ones class
    such noob psychics will start qqing about how much they suck when they reach hi level
    lol op said that psychics do the most damage out of all classes
    LOL!!!
    wait until later on when you will realise that your crappy 100% weapon damage doesnt compare with wizards 300% modifier on sandstorm, glacial snare etc
    this is a funny thread
    some noob trying to brag about his damage
    off topic
    MY PREDICTION FOR PSYCHIC PVP
    psychics are all about +12 refine(for soulforce), white voodoo the soul spells
    and stand there and hope ppl suicide on you
  • Paer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol this thread is the lamest attempt to subtly brag about the abilities on ones class
    such noob psychics will start qqing about how much they suck when they reach hi level
    lol op said that psychics do the most damage out of all classes
    LOL!!!
    wait until later on when you will realise that your crappy 100% weapon damage doesnt compare with wizards 300% modifier on sandstorm, glacial snare etc
    this is a funny thread
    some noob trying to brag about his damage
    off topic
    MY PREDICTION FOR PSYCHIC PVP
    psychics are all about +12 refine(for soulforce), white voodoo the soul spells
    and stand there and hope ppl suicide on you

When did i ever say i was doing the MOST damage i just said i was pulling aggro to much. Yeah my characters low level. I'm not trying to say that i'm not saying the class is the greatest. I never once said that. I just said i need a way to not die. Early on psychics are apparently pretty good at pulling uneeded aggro. And it's not too hard for a wizard to win considering they have 79-100 skills. Psychics don't even have sage/demon along with the missing skills.

I just don't want to die in my party. Also fail troll is fail.
  • Fishtaco - Lost City
    Fishtaco - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    When did i ever say i was doing the MOST damage i just said i was pulling aggro to much. Yeah my characters low level. I'm not trying to say that i'm not saying the class is the greatest. I never once said that. I just said i need a way to not die. Early on psychics are apparently pretty good at pulling uneeded aggro. And it's not too hard for a wizard to win considering they have 79-100 skills. Psychics don't even have sage/demon along with the missing skills.

I just don't want to die in my party. Also fail troll is fail.

umm your the troll lol

if you know what aggro is you most likely know how to stop generating it
    this is why i am concluding that your are here just to brag or you have an IQ below 60

im fairly sure that if you know what aggro is ,you know how to solve your problem. you could have just given the search --aggro-- and there would have been plenty of threads
    you just had to have a bit of a brag

just in case you dont
    let me explain to your feeble mind that cant seem to deduce this simple concept
    IF YOU DO LESS DAMAGE YOU WILL GENERATE LESS AGGRO

here are some possible ways to gimp ure damage to reduce aggro
    listed in order of praciticality
    1. use weaker spells
    2. use fewer spells
    3. use weaker weapon
    4. unequip weapon and attack barehanded
    5. dont attack at all
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm just using my basic first two skills w/o vodoo and when i did the fb the other day with people who were 4lvls+ above me i kept pulling aggro randomly. Then when i did wolf boy(krixixixxixix) i managed to pull aggro from a 38 blade master, 37 torngin pet from a veno in the party, and a 36 barb. I was at the time only 35. I had been goign pure all the way up but now i'm worried that i'm goign to be pulling too much aggro even though i'm just attacking with the basic skills and not even trying to go "OMFG i winner damage" amounts.

Currently teh build is 4mag, 1 str every odd level. And 5 mag every even level. I also have my weapon token molded items so that might be it? And by it i mean what's putting my damage over thetop. There towards teh end of wolf boy fight the barb and blade gave up on trying to keep him off of me and the cleric just kept healing me.

If you do not learn to control your aggro, and you happen to be in my squad... good luck to you.

I will ask the cleric not to heal you when you aggro mobs and we leave you to fight the mob and move on. So that you can die in the presence of your awesomeness.
  • choasjoker
    edited December 2009
    Options

If you're not dying often, why add vit? Just space out your attacks some more, or take off your rings like other classes that pull aggro all the time. Take a lesson from an archer or two, they deal with that every day.

Nicely put i don't understand why people who are having trouble with aggro pulling when they can kill any monsters (except some fb monsters) without them touching u. Wizze , Archer , Psychic are DD classes so they always aggro anything especially an archer with his amazing crit rate. My psychic ha no problems with fb especially fb 19s, fb29 just don't hit the ranged enemy and if you supposedly aggro just white voodoo and bubble of life. White voodoo which instantly send our def up to the level of a tank at the cost of your attacking damage.

Also if you feel that isn't enough get second wind the fairy healing spell so you will feel more secure.

Just giving hints on how i enjoy life as a psychic b:victory.
  • choasjoker
    edited December 2009
    Options
    umm your the troll lol

if you know what aggro is you most likely know how to stop generating it
    this is why i am concluding that your are here just to brag or you have an IQ below 60

im fairly sure that if you know what aggro is ,you know how to solve your problem. you could have just given the search --aggro-- and there would have been plenty of threads
    you just had to have a bit of a brag

just in case you dont
    let me explain to your feeble mind that cant seem to deduce this simple concept
    IF YOU DO LESS DAMAGE YOU WILL GENERATE LESS AGGRO

here are some possible ways to gimp ure damage to reduce aggro
    listed in order of praciticality
    1. use weaker spells
    2. use fewer spells
    3. use weaker weapon
    4. unequip weapon and attack barehanded
    5. dont attack at all

Finally someone that agrees with me. If you realize your pulling too much away from the tank JUST DON'T attack. Let the tank and the cleric do there job thats wat they are there for.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    im somewhat inclined to agree halfway with fishtaco in that the original post does come across as a "pretend to be humble" brag.

but you said something else that made me facepalm. somethign along the likes of "i use black voodoo why do i steal aggro?"

that's your answer right there. when youre soloing and just killing mobs, sure, use black voodoo. when youre doing a boss and someone else is tanking dont use black voodoo.

and i really wouldnt recommend using white voodoo in squads on bosses and the like. that really just makes you a useless body in a dungeon, as a lvld white voodoo cuts the damage significantly, so significant, that the little bit you DO do.. you might as well not even be there.

and as has been said before, learn aggro management. dont attack non-stop with a macro. space your attacks out a bit more than you would if you were playing solo. and again, dont use black voodoo.
  • Undercurrent - Harshlands
    Undercurrent - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The OP just wanted to troll and talk a bunch of ****. "Yea, im level 15 and doing FB. I'm stealing aggro in FB's. I only have probelmes stealing aggro in FB's." We got it you went to a FB and your awesome.

You stole aggro from a level 38 BM on Krixixix. I'm guessing the BM notice he was goign to die and ran while you kept attacking and got killed. Why would a lvl 15 even be around that area.

Truthfully im thinking thread is all B.S. I agree with the second poster. Cool troll bro. Something about all your post that just makes me think there is a fool behind the keybaord.
  • TMT - Lost City
    TMT - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lol people who thought this was serious.
  • pit6
    pit6 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    choasjoker wrote: »
    dude your not used to the aggro pulling i myself im a pure and i have pulled so many bosses and monsters away from lvl 50s and 60s nothing scares me anymore.

With black voodoo buff you have like a 90% chance of pulling any boss/monster. If you are smart DON'T ATTACK PERIOD because we psy tend to deal alot more damage in a short time span than other class. Yes, that means you sit and wait till the aggro boss' life is below half then start your judgement. Same with monsters do not take on any monster that has been just aggroed if you do you will instantly steal it.

Going vit is a bad choice right now im lvl 45 pure psy and i hit 2500-2900 b:victory worth of damage that is with black voodoo, without is 2100-2400. I have no problem with monsters cause they HARDLY reach me. From wat i have heard for every vit point you get 10 hp <---not worth it b:shocked. I wont scarface my damage output for some flimsy hp gain.

Well its up to if you don't like the life of hard hitter than go vit/magic psy which is the hybrid build OR go light armor build which involves you criting alot more than usual plus side you use light armor.

Pure psy - every odd level 1 str 4 magic and every even level 5 magic b:victory
    Light armor psy - would be something like 3 magic 1 dex 1str every level
    Vit or Hybrid psy - would be 3 magic 1 str 1 vit every odd level and even level would be 3 magic 2 vit so you would somewat qualify for robes

so no vit at all. i figured it will be best to so the aoe bosses wont 1 hit us vit users so if i have like 40 vit at lvl 65 is that bad?
  • Bellatrixie - Heavens Tear
    Bellatrixie - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lol people who thought this was serious.

Oops, me was one of that people b:chuckle
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm pure mag, I didn't put a single point in vit and I really think you shouldn't go LA. Like people said before, we don't have the wep %damage that the wizards do, so we can't afford to lower our mag. We have a few skills to compensate for our low pdef, such as White Voodoo and more to it Psychic Will.

In FB and BH I always space up my attacks, not use Black Voodoo and wait a good while before I attack the mob or the boss the barb is attacking. Whenever I drag aggro (it happens when I crit usually, over 12k without Black Voodoo...) I just use Psychic Will and suffer no damage. If the mob is magical I use White Voodoo and Second Wind.

Psychics do not need to go LA. Pure mag FTW.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Thaed - Dreamweaver
    Thaed - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm pure mag, I didn't put a single point in vit and I really think you shouldn't go LA. Like people said before, we don't have the wep %damage that the wizards do, so we can't afford to lower our mag. We have a few skills to compensate for our low pdef, such as White Voodoo and more to it Psychic Will.

In FB and BH I always space up my attacks, not use Black Voodoo and wait a good while before I attack the mob or the boss the barb is attacking. Whenever I drag aggro (it happens when I crit usually, over 12k without Black Voodoo...) I just use Psychic Will and suffer no damage. If the mob is magical I use White Voodoo and Second Wind.

Psychics do not need to go LA. Pure mag FTW.

I agree so far about going LA. it seems a waste of stat points to me -.-
    Being in squads with Pure Psychs during BHs has let me compare a little :)
    A lot of Psychs do Pure, i chose Arcane but i was worried about being too squishy. I started with a vit build and kept it until about lv 35 so i would have the extra hp, then switched to Pure. I have found the extra hp useful in case you get a hit from exploding mobs xD (aka Gate of Delerium) and for PvP. it doesnt take much from dmg you deal either. i seem to hit just as hard as pure psychs my lv, or close enough to not mean much.

^^ Hope it helps
  • Ariesse - Dreamweaver
    Ariesse - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The OP didn't come off as bragging to me. I think it's a good question and I'm glad there were some serious answers. I'm really shocked at the visceral responses here - hope that's not indicative of the communities' tone in Perfect World.
  • LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    LiXiuYi - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He didn’t ask about how certain people felt about Psy’s ability to pull agro. Note: There will be people overdosing on the Hateraid due to the fact that Psys are a dd/support class. Worse.. they do it and they are incomplete. Want trolling cause? Forget Black Voodoo I can pull agro without it. Want more? I can pull it with White Voodoo. It's a new class. There will be issues. Not everyone is the Uber masters most the sarcastic responders claim to be. He wasn't trolling. He asked nicely what to do about a situation he didn't create. What if this is his first character? Stop healing a psy because he pulls agro? Yeah that ranks up nicely with doing the same for any other class. There will always be cliques in the game and if you don't fall in line they want to try to make you an outcast. If a class can tank it and he has agro, heal him. The purpose of a dd class is to dd if you don’t know. If you can’t tank it then go support. Psys have a few things they can do to help a tank live awhile still dding. You can use empower vigor and cast Soul of Vengeance on the tank (white voodoo if there is an aoe) using both torrent and sand trap to dd and landslide to stop the magic attacks. Is that simple enough? When he learns how to play better maybe he can play with you 'All Stars'. Never mind the negative responses. Keep them to yourself. Just remember when you post things to try to make people feel bad because you aren't happy with the way the game was designed that it's not their fault.

Stick to the basics. Try being kind and answer the questions of someone new and not toast them because you think they know what you do. b:angry

b:laugh

That being said there is no harm in adding vit if you feel it will help you with survivability. Yes it will lower your dmg but it will also increase your hp which everyone knows, comes in handy later for the harder hitting bosses. You have to decide in the earlier stages which build you want, and what you want to do with your character. Do you want to dd and die / 'gimp' your dmg? Do you want to dd and have hp to take a few hits in case your cleric abandons you? Your build and playing style decides it all. You'll still pull agro but you will likely live with more vit.

On bosses try this (And I know it's been said but it's a macro combo):
    Use the symbol named I use this combo as a lazy dd loop.

You may or may not pull agro but it's a low, constant dmg chain. A decent dd tanker your lvl or above should be able to keep agro over you with this combo. If not, cycle between white voodoo, torrent and sand trap. You will still do decent dmg and keep yourself safer than the average arcane. I use that combo with landslide to cancel boss's aoes / magic attacks while someone else tanks.

Till someone who wants to share their experiences gets up there and has seen and done more, this is the way we share what we know with one another to find out how to play better. The only costs are the know-it-alls elites out there who want to shoot you down because you don't fit in with their hip Uberness. When the information isn't useful just do what I do; look past the useless posts and go to the next one of worth.

b:bye

Very soon 8x Psychic
  • ElMiedo - Heavens Tear
    ElMiedo - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Snip

You're my hero! b:thanks
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree with the moral part of your post, tho I really don't agree with the rest.

For example, I didn't touch the DoTs at all and I think Aqua Cannon really stinks. I think they're not worth it and I heard they instapull aggro. For my part I plan on maxing the AoEs, my last nukes, the aqua and earthen passives and the buffs/debuffs (Disturb Soul, Tide Spirit, Psychic Will, the Vigor buff and debuff and probably Soulburn).

I also recently maxed White Voodoo, I first thought it was garbage but it turns out it's not, it's a good situational skill and I think it's a lifesaver if you use it in combination with other skills (i.e when you PK/get pked, turn White Voodoo on, use Second Wind and Holy Path, run the hell away, turn Black Voodoo and Psychic Will on and fight back, something like that...) and I'm also considering Bubble of Life. I think it's a good heal for casters and ranged chars. You get them in a crowd around you and you heal, could be useful...

But I'm really not sure about this, I haven't skilled it beyond level 1 yet and I know I will max my AoEs and a lot of skills before I touch this one. I haven't maxed Landslide either, I got it on level 4 and I don't know if I'll up it again. The knockback is great in PvE, and I assume the cancelling effect is cool in PvP, but the range is mediocre. If I want to cancel, I'd rather try stunning with my Soul of Stunning or Earth Vector.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Auldwulf - Dreamweaver
    Auldwulf - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I also do the 5 and 4-1 build, seems to be the way to go if you're using robes.

BUT...I've found that playing this charactor requires tact and strategy, not just a "hey diddle diddle, right up the middle" type of attacks.

This presents a challenge I enjoy while playing, and has allowed me to figure a lot of this stuff out that others are posting in here. Thats another thing, these charactors aren't made to play any one way, they can be customized to suit different players and their styles of playing. So, what works for one, may not work for another.

I'm relitively new to PW, but I'm really loving this Psy toon. I've played other MMO's, and the options available to me in PW are amazing, my Psy is quickly becoming a very powerful contender on Dreamweaver, and I look forward to many good times with that toon.

Peace...
  • LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    LiXiuYi - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree with the moral part of your post, tho I really don't agree with the rest.

For example, I didn't touch the DoTs at all and I think Aqua Cannon really stinks. I think they're not worth it and I heard they instapull aggro. For my part I plan on maxing the AoEs, my last nukes, the aqua and earthen passives and the buffs/debuffs (Disturb Soul, Tide Spirit, Psychic Will, the Vigor buff and debuff and probably Soulburn).

I also recently maxed White Voodoo, I first thought it was garbage but it turns out it's not, it's a good situational skill and I think it's a lifesaver if you use it in combination with other skills (i.e when you PK/get pked, turn White Voodoo on, use Second Wind and Holy Path, run the hell away, turn Black Voodoo and Psychic Will on and fight back, something like that...) and I'm also considering Bubble of Life. I think it's a good heal for casters and ranged chars. You get them in a crowd around you and you heal, could be useful...

But I'm really not sure about this, I haven't skilled it beyond level 1 yet and I know I will max my AoEs and a lot of skills before I touch this one. I haven't maxed Landslide either, I got it on level 4 and I don't know if I'll up it again. The knockback is great in PvE, and I assume the cancelling effect is cool in PvP, but the range is mediocre. If I want to cancel, I'd rather try stunning with my Soul of Stunning or Earth Vector.

I understand how you feel and what you heard, but I'm stating from experience that DOTs are not 'instapull aggro' skills. Also I'm not asking anyone to play like me. Just stating what works for me, may work for you too. Those are timing and tank discretionary techniques. Great if you have a barb, wait for ream and do it. Otherwise give a tank without agro skills time to take decent agro. What gets the agro is the dmg they do every sec. The skills themselves are not agroers. Example: say you got a bm that does 2-5k a hit on a boss / mob and you know your DOT does 2600 a sec. Let him get a good head start and you will be fine. Throw the DOT out there before he attacks and proceed to attack with your 2 primary skills and yup you get agro.

About Aqua Cannon: I can only explain by use. Example: gather mobs, psychic will (If they are physical mobs), aqua cannon keep running (the slow will give you some distance) earth vector, glacial shard, sandburst. Get the picture? It's also an extra aoe that can be used to assist with dmg when a barb / bm tanks mobs. (use white voodoo when aoeing)

I have passives maxed. Glacial shards (good move) its maxed and sandburst is next. Both voodoos are maxed. Both auqa impact and spirit blast are maxed. land slide is maxed. torrent is maxed sand trap is next ;). Empower Vigor will be maxed at 80. Bubble of life is maxed. (Yes you want to.)

Skills I will max last:

Earth Vector: This is your mob stop skill when glacial doesn't work and it's an aoe. As soon as I can this one is getting maxed.

Red Tide: This is a sweet aoe that I wish didn't cost 2 sparks. The bleed is nice but can get you in trouble. I often compare it to sunder, but you don't get the 30sec bleed and you don't get hp back from it.
    use:(pve / pvp I'd use it when mobs are half dead to do nice aoe and dot to all mobs in it's range)

Psychic Will: Another skill I wish didn't cost a spark. purify comes in handy when taking dot or you just need to clear the status.
    use: (Pve / pve) The skill will give you time to cast white voodoo when attacked by a physical atk mob and then start your knock back / mob stop then attack combo.

Soul Burn: lvl2-3 (high enough to get you 2 hits from soulforce often enough to kill a mob of equal lvl if timed right)
    use: (mag resistant mobs)

Tide Spirit: Err.. well just don't use it often. This skill is so fast I can't macro with it. you gotta key the techniques you want but yes it helps if you have to dd fast.
    use: (pvp, pve for faster kills)

Disturb Soul: it works nicely on mobs like bishops in FFC / FCC whatever you want to call it. It doesn't work on bosses so don't bother for that purpose. I think this one could have been another nice aoe skill, but only one mob at a time and no dmg. goes great when it's needed.
    use: (mag mobs, pvp )

Soul of * skills: These I will lvl last. They do great even at lvl 1. May do better is lvled though :)

Diminished Vigor: hmm.. very last skill to max
    use:(pvp)

That may change later but that's the plan for now. To each his own. Take what you want and discard the rest.

b:thanks
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you do not learn to control your aggro, and you happen to be in my squad... good luck to you.

I will ask the cleric not to heal you when you aggro mobs and we leave you to fight the mob and move on. So that you can die in the presence of your awesomeness.
    Wow. This thread is full of fail, and this post exemplifies it.

The guy is trying to learn how to deal with accidentally stealing aggro, and you just tell him to learn to control his aggro and that he deserves to die. b:lipcurl

Multiple people have even said he was foolish for using Black Voodoo, when he clearly said, "I'm just using my basic first two skills w/o vodoo". ("w/o" means "without", if you didn't know.)

How about some actual advice and not simply assuming the worst or insulting the guy? The people calling him a troll are the worst trolls here.

Anyways, you don't need to max White Voodoo, simply try using it, and if you still get aggro then consider leveling it. Slowing down your attacks also works, especially since psychic skills are huge MP sinks.

I've been mostly doing solo stuff with my psychic or working with high level squads, so at level 37 I haven't really mastered aggro control for my psychic either, however I'll simply warn the party about that and learn as I go once I start BHs. Hopefully my squads will be more understanding about this than most of the people here. b:shocked