Wings Ftl!!!

2»

Comments

• jirox
    jirox Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok it is me or does the wings you get at lvl 30 suck! I mean, i know they are never going to compared to the ones from the boutique but c'mon they look like $#!t. Bm/Wiz get a nice looking sword, Arc/Clr get eagle wings, Unt get mounts and psy and sin get two squares that flop like butterfly wings. They are terrible!!!! I tried the game on two computers just in case it was the graphics card on my laptop and nope! still looks like $#!t. Now is this just me? Someone post a pic if im wrong... anyway just needed to vent a little.

You need to turn up your textures. if its on the lowest setting, itll look rectangular. its a glitch that i addressed in another thread but i think they thought my edit meant 'nevermind' instead of 'i have pinpointed the problem for you'. so it was locked b:beatup
  • FootStep - Sanctuary
    FootStep - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol. You guys make me laugh.

I actually think the Tideborn lvl30 wings look the fanciest out of all the starter flying mounts, and I think they have some of the best boutique wings too.

IMO you guys need to chill. If it really matters that much to you, save up in game and buy some boutique wings, no need to spend any money that you don't have/don't want to spend.

It's all opinion. I think the Eagle Wings for elves look ugly, but I didn't start a thread about it.
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I gotta agree with the OP. The TB starter wings do look kinda crappy, but hey, theyre free. Dun whine. You want cool looking stuff? Get off yer bum, earn some money, and buy them yourself. They arent gonna be given to you on a silver platter. And just remember: EVERY set of starter wings sucks just as badly. As for Barbs on Mantas, yah, those are funny.
  • Sharian - Raging Tide
    Sharian - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Can't agree more with this.. Bug wings.. Fishy wings... Basically if we want to fly .. we just need to buy the wings in the boutique b:sweat

And thanks a lot to kilnox ;) for the SS's

I didn't meant this. It's just a personal matter.
    Like everything that looks at the appearence. If you don't want to spend money, so it's ok. But if you really want to get something that looks better than the starter wings, so you have to spend. I don't agree with that too, for this i wished they made something better, but they didn't :(
  • Kilnox - Harshlands
    Kilnox - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I gotta agree with the OP. The TB starter wings do look kinda crappy, but hey, theyre free. Dun whine. You want cool looking stuff? Get off yer bum, earn some money, and buy them yourself. They arent gonna be given to you on a silver platter. And just remember: EVERY set of starter wings sucks just as badly. As for Barbs on Mantas, yah, those are funny.
    Bueh. Most of cash shop wings STILL looks like damn fairy flyers. I personally don't like this style. AND... 3 classes before always had to choice between the "ugly" and the "sweet/fairy" looking stuff like elfs wings (butterflys wings, sharp feather like ones". TB has only the "fairy" kind so it sux though :P
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear24
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear24 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've gotta agree that the free wings @ lvl 30 look like ****. They are way too small, and I can only describe them as faint in apperance. I recently got the "Virtuious Truth" wings, and they look like Tyreal's wings from Diablo 2.

All in all, given my assassins level of awesome, his armor, fash, and weapons... He is a seraph of death now. and I <3 him. =)

Case and point though, yes, new TB wings are fail. =(
  • Eclispea - Dreamweaver
    Eclispea - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:cry I was so disappointed at the little fairy wings...they look **** on my badass assassin D:
  • Sharian - Raging Tide
    Sharian - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Gills are the transporters of the future!!!!!!!
    No way, but i must admit that the majority of tideborns wings are very cool !!!! The fastest one or also the one called "Wildfire" or something are beauty. These are strange wings, at the beginning i disliked them completely, but later on, i began to like them and saw that they are more cool and elegant than i expected ^^
  • Kilnox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    I recently got the "Virtuious Truth" wings, and they look like Tyreal's wings from Diablo 2. =(

Lol.
    These are strange wings, at the beginning i disliked them completely, but later on, i began to like them and saw that they are more cool and elegant than i expected ^^

Lol twice.

TB wings for president? b:surrender
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Can't agree more with this.. Bug wings.. Fishy wings... Basically if we want to fly .. we just need to buy the wings in the boutique b:sweat

And thanks a lot to kilnox ;) for the SS's
    ^^^this guy aint my sin just to clarify if pple wondering about same color and me saying i have a sin >.>

As for the wings, lately mine is bugged. The image on the wings are starting to 'shift' so it basically looks like a glowy rectangle flapping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ^^^this guy aint my sin just to clarify if pple wondering about same color and me saying i have a sin >.>

As for the wings, lately mine is bugged. The image on the wings are starting to 'shift' so it basically looks like a glowy rectangle flapping.

I notice that if i change the texture quality to medium or higher they dont look half as bad, but they still suck hahaha. For something funny put them on low textures and they really look bad! wings are cut off and they look like two pieces of square glass flappling! hahaha
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Redwolv - Heavens Tear
    Redwolv - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i don't care what they are, i think that PWI workers need to rethink the way tideborn fly. Frist the tideborn wings/fins whatever you want to call them look pretty bad, like a last minate, OH!! DAM WE FOR GOT TO MAKE THEM A WAY TO FLY HERE LET'S GIVE THEM SQUEARES TO USE. so they look bad. secound compare the.... way they move. the swords down't move they are like hover boards, thats fine. the Wings, they flap and move like real wings, the animals, they flap wings/ float.
    But the FINwing thinges? they move back and forth in a very fake way, they look like something form a video game 20 years ago.

I think that PWI staff need to re think the way tideborn fly, perhaps i don't know fins of some sort and the tide born swim though the sky? they could keep the degisns just change they form moving to stationary out to the side and then have the tideborn "swim" like how they do in the water, as they go though the air?

and don't say shut up if you want nice wings by them form the butique, the ones there look crapy to. to me it is not really the look, its the way the move they look fake to stuck on. like it was the last thing to do and they just wanted to be done with it.
  • Aueron - Sanctuary
    Aueron - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    they make assassins look like... tooth fairies... x]

Exactly.

One dark, unsettling night when not the moon nor the stars did shine, a lone, hooded figure silently cascades through the darkness upon the wind, following its calm, yet bitter flow towards the silhouette of a stone tower rising like a bastion of safety from a castle in the distance. Within it slept a noble of whom carried a mark upon his head.

It would be this night that the shadow of intent would strike.

Soaring high into the air upon his glittery, yet inconspicuous wings, the Tideborn Assassin passed through the dark night's gloomy clouds and to the tower's solitary window. In his carelessness, it appeared that the noble had forgotten to secure the bars of the open port--the blade-wielding shadow sought to make that his last mistake.
    As the noble slept, the assassin slowly yet swiftly pulled himself into the window and rested upon the interior's floor in a crouched posture. Carefully he drew a jagged dagger from its sheath and he crept one step at a time towards his sleeping target, rolling his feet from heel to toe to make his footfalls softer than whispers.

As he approached the bedside, the cloaked tideborn took sight of his pitiful foe, and stood up. Raising his dagger to the air, he took a quick step forward and lunged it down--but the blade did no reach its target as intended, as his latest step had crushed a small object beneath it, startling the noble from his slumber!

"Who is there!?" he shrieked, noticing the dark shadow looming over him. The assassin was suddenly stricken with his own set of fears, and nearly turned to escape through the window he had flown into. However, before he could even react, the noble spoke once more:
    "Wait... toothfairy?"

...the assassin blinked at him. "Um... yeah, sure?"

"Hooray! I wondered when you would visit! Let me go back to sleep so that you can put the money under my pillow!"

So the noble joyfully went back to sleep; and then the assassin joyfully killed him and flew off.
    The end.

>.>
    <.<;;

I blame my friend for this inspiration.
  • Periculosul - Raging Tide
    Periculosul - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This are my wings and I like them . Requirement level 10 to be able to wear them
    th_2009-12-2612-09-49.jpg
  • JoespDonoso - Sanctuary
    JoespDonoso - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    why the heck is our assasin wings so freaking **** wait no even my **** freind said he hates them
    just another fallen angel.
  • Asenath_ - Sanctuary
    Asenath_ - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Exactly.

One dark, unsettling night ...

>.>
    <.<;;

I blame my friend for this inspiration.

WIN.

lolpurpleprose
  • LuckyShadow - Harshlands
    LuckyShadow - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Dude. the whole male Tideborn race is ****, the stance, the armor, the wings, etc.
    edited December 2009
    This are my wings and I like them . Requirement level 10 to be able to wear them
    th_2009-12-2612-09-49.jpg
    does that one still fake flap too??
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Dude. the whole male Tideborn race is ****, the stance, the armor, the wings, etc.

...Why do children like this play this game?
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
    edited December 2009
    no like no play? This is an asian game, the asian view of whats popular or not in male/female does show. You need to respect that.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This thread is not meant for discussion regarding anyone's gender preferences. Posts made on that subject will be removed.
  • Kilnox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Oh, I ate my dinner with forks actually :/ And yeah don't say **** if u don't like the wings. Say tooth fairy.
  • Cross_Marian - Sanctuary
    Cross_Marian - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree, it's very very Ugly this Wings .___.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Blue Tinkerbells.

that is all.
  • Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Blue Tinkerbells.

that is all.

I didnt know tinkerbell has fishy ears like tB's o.O
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    N> Re-up of picture of lvl 30 wings. Please and thank you <3 (:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i don't care what they are, i think that PWI workers need to rethink the way tideborn fly. Frist the tideborn wings/fins whatever you want to call them look pretty bad, like a last minate, OH!! DAM WE FOR GOT TO MAKE THEM A WAY TO FLY HERE LET'S GIVE THEM SQUEARES TO USE. so they look bad. secound compare the.... way they move. the swords down't move they are like hover boards, thats fine. the Wings, they flap and move like real wings, the animals, they flap wings/ float.
    But the FINwing thinges? they move back and forth in a very fake way, they look like something form a video game 20 years ago.

I think that PWI staff need to re think the way tideborn fly, perhaps i don't know fins of some sort and the tide born swim though the sky? they could keep the degisns just change they form moving to stationary out to the side and then have the tideborn "swim" like how they do in the water, as they go though the air?

and don't say shut up if you want nice wings by them form the butique, the ones there look crapy to. to me it is not really the look, its the way the move they look fake to stuck on. like it was the last thing to do and they just wanted to be done with it.

This, even with all the typos and grammatical errors, is true. If we forget about the reason why tideborn have wings in the first place, the next biggest problem imo is the movement of the wings. The movement is like if you were to tape two cardboard wings to your arms and move them back and forth. We should come up with a name for this x3.

I'm with everyone else that dislikes these wings. I'm glad we get something to fly with for free at lv 30, but ijs winged elves have less static/more dynamic wings.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7586/16469900.jpg

xD
  • Arthios - Raging Tide
    Arthios - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    agreed, on top of that if ur a psy its a mandress + fairy wings...failb:surrender