HA still worth, after the R8/R9 recast?

Garcillis - Lost City
Garcillis - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Venomancer
I dont know if its too early to post that, but does HA veno still worth after the recast?
I was thinking to switch from LA to HA, but after that...
Well, if someone can tell me about the pros and cons of the new armor on HA.. Thanks.
<< is unlucky
Post edited by Garcillis - Lost City on

Comments

• Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I dont know if its too early to post that, but does HA veno still worth after the recast?
    I was thinking to switch from LA to HA, but after that...
    Well, if someone can tell me about the pros and cons of the new armor on HA.. Thanks.

LA sucks. Not even biased, it just sucks.
    HA sucks 50% of the time.

If you have good funding go for AA & R8.

More importantly get to level 100 before you think about doing anything "special" with your build.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Arcane is still easy if you afford r8/r9 recasting.

Heavy is just the same as before except for the possibility of stacking -% requeriments on the rank8 pataka. Not sure about r9. But even if it does I'd still go for a nirvana magic sword for 2.22 APS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    what I find funny is that recast is such a big deal when it seems near impossible for anyone to have right now ._.'

Anyone else remember when r9 was released? How many people had it the day after it came out?

anywho, I cant really say HA/LA are worth it unless you already have super-duper gear for HA or LA chars on the same account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    anywho, I cant really say HA/LA are worth it unless you already have super-duper gear for HA or LA chars on the same account.
    Same to Arcane. You may have another caster alt and wear the same gear...

...except if you choose to wear rank gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Nope, in about 3 months, you'll begin seeing r9 recast bows, mag swords and soulspheres. HA veno, or anything other than full AA will be completely, without a shade of doubt, obsolete.

Why? Because before r8/r9 recast, you could get away (POSSIBLY) fighting r9 with nirvana...POSSIBLY. So you could wear dat nirv and bust dem caps on dat toon. And you could wear nirvana HA on your veno. Not too bad. But now? Everybody's going to upgrade to r8 recast. That's the first thing. So your nirvana HA plan is now completely obsolete. This immediately cancels HA veno, forever.

LA was never a viable choice for endgame pvp.

So in about the next 3 months or so, approx 40-45% of the people with rank 8 (everybody) will have rank 8 recast wep, if not full rank 8 recast gear. At that time there will be about...3-8 r9 recasts on each server, and they will be the "elite".

Then in about 3-4 months more, all the current rank 9 will begin CSing it up HARD and getting r9 recast. Then the r8 and r8 recast will begin feeling obsolete, and the baseline will move up to everybody having AT LEAST r8 recast.

And these r8 recast people...don't be stupid enough to think that they won't all +8/+10/+12 their weps. Rank 8 recast is going to be the "layman's" gear which everybody will have (just like everybody has r8 now), and those weps will hit HARD.

Frankly, I basically quit the game.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This game will be dead by April. Possible server shut down status.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    in my opinion if you are going to spend the time and/or money for rank 9, then be an arcane user. otherwise, rank 8, or no rank at all, i still see heavy armor being a compatible build ... really depending on your game play though. i was LA for the longest time and when i switched to HA i noticed a huge difference in survivability in TW.

but if "everyone" will be getting rank 9, i guess it doesnt matter what kind of armor your wearing, you will still be getting 1 hit either way XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Heavy armor and arcane armor have entirely different playstyles.

Sacrificing the abundance of one defense type for the other changes how a player does things entirely.

Before restatting I used to lol @ wizzies and psychics and run away from sins and bms.
    After that it's the complete reverse - kill bms and sins with ease and try as hard as you can to survive the magic classes while nix did the work.
  • Garcillis - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Well, im sure that HA goes to my playstyle, but if most of players go Rank 9, isnt going be a little.. err.. hard maybe, fight with em using vana items? Ok. Im too low lvl yet and i never had a fight with a Nv/R9/R8 player, but that's why im asking that.
    << is unlucky
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Heavy armor and arcane armor have entirely different playstyles.

Sacrificing the abundance of one defense type for the other changes how a player does things entirely.

Before restatting I used to lol @ wizzies and psychics and run away from sins and bms.
    After that it's the complete reverse - kill bms and sins with ease and try as hard as you can to survive the magic classes while nix did the work.

with the abundance of the bm's and sins today and the near extinction of the other caster classes i'd rather take the HA route if this is the case

But still I haven't really heard of how good really R8 recast is personally since no 1 i know has it yet...It's a lot different scenario when an actual player talks to you about it than just posts and threads.

If it's still stays as a pataka though i'll still avoid it like b:fatb
  • Garcillis - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    with the abundance of the bm's and sins today and the near extinction of the other caster classes i'd rather take the HA route if this is the case

But still I haven't really heard of how good really R8 recast is personally since no 1 i know has it yet...It's a lot different scenario when an actual player talks to you about it than just posts and threads.

If it's still stays as a pataka though i'll still avoid it like b:fatb

Still a pataka with random status.
    But spike dmg would be better for a HA Veno, or no?
    << is unlucky
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Still a pataka with random status.
    But spike dmg would be better for a HA Veno, or no?

More damage is always better regardless of build or class or anything.
    The kind of damage spikes and such is always up to the player's preference.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    1 thing i love about being HA is the defenses. as a light armor you dont have anywhere near as high in phy def as a HA, and are sacrificing attack already compared to a arcane, so why not go full out heavy?

now about the defenses, by that i mean not only physical but also magical. you dont get near as much magical defense as a pure arcane but you should defiantly carry around an arcane set with you, even if its not a very good set (for me, i carry the 2 rank 8 pieces and the lvl 96 mold gloves, all with immac citrines and +4). it makes a difference in the dmg you receive magically. put the armors on your hotkey bar and you can switch it very quickly in the situation where you need it most.

in tw i was able to survive longer. i dont really see myself as a good DD or single killer, its better for the veno to be teamed up as a group and kill as a group. the veno needs to purge targets, send a stun, nova when possible, other debuffs, whatever, etc. most of them stay up in the air also, so dmg is halved by that anyways. what better way to do those things efficiently than the ability to survive?

HA is not up your ally if you prefer being a single-killer in pvp and doing high damages though.

anyways like i said previously in the topic... er if you were to get rank 9 i would stick with the arcane armor from rank 9. if you are thinking of recast rank 8, you only would need to do the weapon as a HA veno. a better, stronger weapon will help you no matter what build you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • tfi2f
    edited November 2011
    Listen, all this noob **** about "surviving longer in TW" with HA:

Veno is supposed to be in the air in fox form almost 90% of TW. You're not supposed to be hit by BM, Sin, or really anything in theory if you have a good guild. Your archers will be killing all of the ranged classes and your psys and wiz will kill the BMs, and basically everybody will kill the sins whenever they decide to pop out. The only phys class you have to be afraid of in TW is an archer.

Today's archers will kill you regardless of your gear, so if the opposing side's archers have already cleared your vanguard and you and the BMs/barbs are the only ones left, then you had no chance anyway. That's really the only time an archer should be focusing on a veno. After the clerics, archers and wiz/psy are dead.

If the other guild's archers are noobs, then yes, you will get fired on, but just pull back. If an archer is targeting you first, then it means that your cleric is still alive, and thus your own archer or wiz will kill the archer. End of story. A noob guild will have archers hitting you. Good for them, let them chase you, pull back, and let them overextend into your friendly lines and then get stunned by a BM and ownt by a psy.

Quit TWing with fail guilds. "Survivability" in TW is not an argument for HA. Again, you should only be hit by ranged classes in TW if you have any skill at all. The only physical ranged class is archer. HA is not a solution when you get oneshotted by wiz Gush.

/inb4 "playstyle" rage posts.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    omg who is this faceless moron gtfo noob we dont need ur faceless **** here shoo go away
  • tfi2f
    edited November 2011
    /facepalm
  • Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    tfi2f wrote: »
    Listen, all this noob **** about "surviving longer in TW" with HA:

Veno is supposed to be in the air in fox form almost 90% of TW. You're not supposed to be hit by BM, Sin, or really anything in theory if you have a good guild. Your archers will be killing all of the ranged classes and your psys and wiz will kill the BMs, and basically everybody will kill the sins whenever they decide to pop out. The only phys class you have to be afraid of in TW is an archer.

Today's archers will kill you regardless of your gear, so if the opposing side's archers have already cleared your vanguard and you and the BMs/barbs are the only ones left, then you had no chance anyway. That's really the only time an archer should be focusing on a veno. After the clerics, archers and wiz/psy are dead.

If the other guild's archers are noobs, then yes, you will get fired on, but just pull back. If an archer is targeting you first, then it means that your cleric is still alive, and thus your own archer or wiz will kill the archer. End of story. A noob guild will have archers hitting you. Good for them, let them chase you, pull back, and let them overextend into your friendly lines and then get stunned by a BM and ownt by a psy.

Quit TWing with fail guilds. "Survivability" in TW is not an argument for HA. Again, you should only be hit by ranged classes in TW if you have any skill at all. The only physical ranged class is archer. HA is not a solution when you get oneshotted by wiz Gush.

/inb4 "playstyle" rage posts.

I concur with most of this post, except that venos, like psys, mystics, clerics, wizards are arcane classes. Archers are pretty much arcane killers. In one TW I swear about 90% my deaths were contributed by archers... and even if you are HA they have metal skills or crits that can kill you. That is, if a magic DD doesnt kill you first cause its very unlikely you will survive 1 of their hits unless you have amazing mdef, HP... I did a few TWs as HA before finally getting r8 and restatting to AA... I definitely enjoy TW more now.. I thought I'd miss my pdef, but I'm loving the damage lol. Personally.. while the HA veno has the option to go HA, AA or mixed, in TW you never know whats going to be attacking you so its best to work on 1 set and get your hp/defences really good and be ready for whatever. You cant switch your gear in fox, which you will be using a lot if you are actually using your debuffs every 20-30 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.