Assassins...not as squishy as I thought.

Options
2»

Comments

• shadowvzs87
    shadowvzs87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I actually misread your original post, thought you said you were pulling 5k reg hits not crits, I can believe 5k crits just fine.

In the end though, unless you stack a decent amount of interval gear, I honestly think CotD is better than reg attacking, at least on trash mobs (anything that doesn't live at least as long as you stay sparked) Obviously on bosses and such in pve speed DD is generally better, interval gear or not.

As for your comment on triple sparking, you are aware that you can spark while stealthed and still be stealthed right? That way, at least in the case of pvp (since you really don't need to stealth in pve), you can effectively use any spark and not worry about the enemy running because of it, unless they are high enough level to see you in stealth anyway. Also don't forget tackling slash immobilizes.

Slightly off topic now, speaking of tackling slash, does anyone know if a wiz can distance shrink while immobilized? I know sins can shadow jump while immobilized which is why I ask.

ofc can move with distance shrink because its skill. Same wr with jumping skill.
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Tackling slash is only usefull vs venos & barbs
    venos, cuz you can use it on the pet (didnt tried yet but sounds plausible (8 seconds no nix unless they run out of range to reset their nix or just pull it back and out) in conjunction with the 5 sec sleep skill on the veno, you can kill the nix pretty quick if theres no anti movement stuff invovled
    and
    barbs, cuz they cant run unless anti movement skills.

While i think headhunt is the only usefull damage skill they have, most of them i do only use for their side effects.
  • shadowvzs87
    shadowvzs87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    Tackling slash is only usefull vs venos & barbs
    venos, cuz you can use it on the pet (didnt tried yet but sounds plausible (8 seconds no nix unless they run out of range to reset their nix or just pull it back and out) in conjunction with the 5 sec sleep skill on the veno, you can kill the nix pretty quick if theres no anti movement stuff invovled
    and
    barbs, cuz they cant run unless anti movement skills.

While i think headhunt is the only usefull damage skill they have, most of them i do only use for their side effects.

and against physihic after he was stunned.
    the problem with immobilize pet is: bleed distance is a bit longer than ur melee immobilze casting distance,so u can paralyze the nix but u get bleed what could be deadly exclude if u stunned him or something.
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Post 59. With Perma-Spark, Auto-Attack > Using skills (Other that the ones that give you 50+ chi) Im not gonna even bother explaining it.

As for lvl 10 Deep of Chill. The only usage for that skill is AoE grinding so that you can do highest dmg output per skill and then kite while the skills recharge.

If i get bored i'll post a video of solo AoEing. In fact, i may even do an all out assassin class leveling guide. I'd like to have more info about 79/Sage-Demon skills though.