Glacial Walker vs. Crystaline magmite

2»

Comments

• Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    whats the location of the Galcial Walker (not in the mob dbase)? Thanks.

Wave Breaker Cliffs, just a wee bit north of Raging Tide city (Tideborn starter area). You'll find them clumped with those Flaming/Burning/Something Walkers.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    dr3aming wrote: »
    here the stat for magmite vs walker at lv66...
    http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab135/csk2k9/pet.jpg?t=1261465932

as u can see, walker have a better HP, Mdef, Patk, and just some point behind the magmite, no big deal. for me, now i will use both of them :)
    Matk boss, walker. Patk boss, Magmite :)

What about the walkers stats compared with the crystal mag? Because i thought that the crystal mag was better than the volcanic one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    Tailzz - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    my glacial walker is lvl 63 i will compare when it is 71, with the magmite.
  • _Hunny_ - Sanctuary
    _Hunny_ - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thats it.. good bye magmite.. Hello walker..

ooorr get some more hay and keep both..b:cute
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Mine isn't replaced yet, but it will be. I think I found pet #9 for my bag (spot 10 goes to a mount whenever I decide to buy one) so the magmite is getting forced out. It does get to stay until my other pets are leveled though, or until I find a buyer for it.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'd get another Herc before I'd get a Glacial Walker. Who's to say that they won't roll another free pet that's even better?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Who's to say they won't roll out another cash pet that's better than a herc? It's also something that I wouldn't see myself using very often so a big investment doesn't make sense (same reason as why it hasn't replaced my magmite yet... investment in skills/levels).
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Who's to say they won't roll out another cash pet that's better than a herc? It's also something that I wouldn't see myself using very often so a big investment doesn't make sense (same reason as why it hasn't replaced my magmite yet... investment in skills/levels).
    They won't put another leg. pet that will beat herc as herc is major investment.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ewingoil wrote: »
    They won't put another leg. pet that will beat herc as herc is major investment.

You mean like they would not put a easy way to get the special mat in TT or a easier way to get a lunar weapon? People that were farming 3-3 for the special mat for level 100 weapon or the ones that were working on lunar weapons by actualy doing Lunar invest alot as well

I am sure they will introduce new legendary pets at some point, probably making the new ones have a minimun level, like 60-80 or something like that, for when they raise the cap to 150. It will apeal to the ego of people, and if it is a little better, people will get it and make their herc/phoenix their backup pets.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You mean like the people that were farming 3-3 for the special mat for level 100 weapon or the ones that were working on lunar weapons by actualy doing Lunar?

I am sure they will introduce new legendary pets at some point, probably making the new ones have a minimun level, like 60-80 or something like that, for when they raise the cap to 150. It will apeal to the ego of people, and if it is a little better, people will get it and make their herc/phoenix their backup pets.

I very much doubt this and raising the lvl cap is not a good idea.
  • _Hunny_ - Sanctuary
    _Hunny_ - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i choose the walker over magmite.. it looks more nicer too lolb:chuckle

Jus wandering shld i put the skills of a herc to it or jus wait till i hav the money to get a herc which is taking me forever to get it...?b:shocked
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think I could take the title of the only veno who doesn't use a mag, glacial, or a herc as my primary tanking pet.

What what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • tweakz
    edited December 2009
    i choose the walker over magmite.. it looks more nicer too lolb:chuckle

Jus wandering shld i put the skills of a herc to it or jus wait till i hav the money to get a herc which is taking me forever to get it...?b:shocked

You could pay for a Herc with what you could get for those skills. It would be crazy to put them on an inferior pet that does the same function.
    edited December 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    You could pay for a Herc with what you could get for those skills. It would be crazy to put them on an inferior pet that does the same function.

Why would it exactly be crazy? You'd still probably be paying less than a herc, so why not make an "inferior" pet the best it can be since spending 90mil+ on just a pet makes no sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tweakz
    edited December 2009
    Why would it exactly be crazy? You'd still probably be paying less than a herc, so why not make an "inferior" pet the best it can be since spending 90mil+ on just a pet makes no sense.

Fail at reading comprehension:
    You could pay for a Herc with what you could get for those skills.
    so why not make an "inferior" pet the best it can be since spending 90mil+ on just a pet makes no sense.

If you think 90m is too much, quit now. I've paid more than that for 4 skills. More for 4 equips. It's also not even near 90m which indicates you have a problem buying. You can create superior pets for specific tasks with these skills. Wasting them on a "wannabe" is pointless considering the relative cost.
    edited December 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Fail at reading comprehension:

If you think 90m is too much, quit now. I've paid more than that for 4 skills. More for 4 equips. It's also not even near 90m which indicates you have a problem buying. You can create superior pets for specific tasks with these skills. Wasting them on a "wannabe" is pointless considering the relative cost.

Not fail at comprehension, just giving you the other side of the argument. b:chuckle

Also, I'm not saying that 90mil is a lot because I'm pretty sure I have spent that much money combined from all my levels on skills, armor, weapons, charms, shards, fashion, etc. What I am saying is that if you don't want to work to get one, make your "wannabe" pet the best that it can be by spending chump change on skills to beef it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    because you are spending more than the price of a herc to make a pet that is inferior to a herc, since the rock pet's function is to tank, and there is no better phys tank than a herc. Why would you want to spend more to get less?

you can make a better mag tank than a herc with a ranged pet and protect

and a better DPS with a scorpion with claw (or a sawfly and claw, but boosting the survivability to be useful would cost more than nix, so back to square 1, and you cant take them in dungeons same as nix)

but dumping more money into a rock than it would cost for herc makes no sense. Like if you wanted to build a house would you use $2 per cubic foot concrete or $3 per cubic foot mud?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited December 2009
    because you are spending more than the price of a herc to make a pet that is inferior to a herc, since the rock pet's function is to tank, and there is no better phys tank than a herc. Why would you want to spend more to get less?

Because they cost chump change. b:chuckle
  • ShadowsCast - Dreamweaver
    ShadowsCast - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok here you go. I have a Crystal Magmite,Torgirn Puppet and a Glacial Walker all at level 89. Here are screenshots of their stats. As you can see the Glacial Walker wins. Torque=Puppet,Golem=Crystal Mag,and SubZero=Glacial Walker

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7075/20091231053847.png

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2774/20091231053816.png

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6000/20091231053855.png
  • __Hydras - Sanctuary
    __Hydras - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's amazing how glacial walker wins O_O I saw stats of both of glacial and magmite at lower levels and i thought magmite was better anyway =S but now.. i convinced myself xDDD I think i'm gonna lvl up a glacial walker ^w^
  • Little___Fox - Heavens Tear
    Little___Fox - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm a little bit lost about how to aquire a Glacial Walker. Where do I find one?? ty ^_^
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm a little bit lost about how to aquire a Glacial Walker. Where do I find one?? ty ^_^

They're located around the vicinities of Camp Wave Breaker on Barrier Island. [North of the Main Tideborn City.]
    Belligero