Glacial Walker vs. Crystaline magmite

Tailzz - Dreamweaver
Tailzz - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
I got these pets both to lvl 19 to compare stats. Which do u think is better?

fyd0t0.jpg

2ywuakn.jpg
Post edited by Tailzz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kenichiiii - Sanctuary
    Kenichiiii - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I got these pets both to lvl 19 to compare stats. Which do u think is better?

fyd0t0.jpg

2ywuakn.jpg

Glacial... has a tinsy bit lower pdef to start but more everything else. Growth chart also higher for everything else so the higher the level > it is.
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Looks better too :P

By the way i didnt see the other topic about the rocks, so yeah. Ty though
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Glacial walker has a little bit less pdef, but a little bit more hp AND Mdef, so its more well rounded..like a free shadou cub with higher attack b:cute
    And its nicer looking.. Its speed should be a little higher than a mag's too in later levels considering its chart is leaned to it a tensey bit more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    ok thanks now i have to make it lvl 71 =S this will take looong
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I leveled a Glacial Walker to 85, so I could compare it to my Shadou Cub. It has about 100 more HP, 1100 more physical defense, and 1100 less magic defense. Its attack is much higher than a cub, but it still suffers from the same speed handicap as a magmite.
  • sintillating
    sintillating Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I leveled a Glacial Walker to 85, so I could compare it to my Shadou Cub. It has about 100 more HP, 1100 more physical defense, and 1100 less magic defense. Its attack is much higher than a cub, but it still suffers from the same speed handicap as a magmite.

Can you post all the stats of the Glacial Walker please? I wanted to see if it was worth leveling one or not. Thanks.
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

what did u do to level it so fast??
  • ravenlis
    ravenlis Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Cube, room 4. The mobs in there die in one hit and give your pet maximum exp/kill provided loyalty is over 500. You must be patient though. Cube is awfully boring.
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    how do u get to room 4?
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Each roll moves you forward its number. So say your at the begining (Room 1) You'd want to roll a 3 to get to room 4, if you get further try to die or town portal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Each roll moves you forward its number. So say your at the begining (Room 1) You'd want to roll a 3 to get to room 4, if you get further try to die or town portal.

um if u log out will be start at entrance?
  • ravenlis
    ravenlis Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you're in room 4 when you log out, you will log back in to room 4. Just don't take the quest if you want to sit in that room for hours.
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    ok ill try tommorow thanks
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Everytime I've been in Room 4, there's always other Venos there leveling up their pets and it's a KS-fest. Be prepared for that. It will get frustrating.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Everything is 1 shottable. So take your weapon off so you dont loose durability. Send your pet at one and while its running to it kill a different one. Rinse, repeat. Theres a bunch of ideas of AoE grinding in there and making trails but it becomes unrealistic with all the other venos stealing your train. This is the best realistic way in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Go into the cube, grab a puzzle cube and hope that you get Throw Dice: 3. Right click on that and the room should say Mice Bashing or something like that. I wouldn't know too well.

I lvled my Herc from 1-81 in there and tried to power level a Kowlin up to 91 with me.

...Almost lost my damn mind...
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    making trails but it becomes unrealistic with all the other venos stealing your train.

That would be just plain rude, I wouldn't call it stealing. b:chuckle

While there are mobs that can be 2-shotted, I'd prefer to level that way. I've been too cheap to use the cube for leveling.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • EasyOne - Sanctuary
    EasyOne - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    whats the location of the Galcial Walker (not in the mob dbase)? Thanks.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Is it really about just these 2? I'd look at the Dark Wanderer if I was a lower level veno. You'd get a lot more speed and significantly more Acc / Evade. Sure, it's not quite as good on HP or Mdef, but these pets are mostly used for Phys only anyway. HP is mostly used to compensate for lack of Mdef on these while there's a new DD pet with very high mdef. I think a Dark Wanderer would help speed up grinding (ACC and speed more than making up for slightly less pAtk). A Dark Wanderer is far more likely to be able to catch a Tame Beast lure when your own land speed goes up, and it would be quicker to rescue you when a mob spawns right behind you. It's not like these pets are tanking bosses that other pets can't, or that one can tank a boss that another couldn't in a single level (day). And just think, sending a slow Golem to save a person that just stole aggro can be funny (embarrassing really).
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The Glacial Walker's stats at 85.

petstat.png
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The Glacial Walker's stats at 85.

petstat.png

That is good how long did it take you to get it that high?
  • Vexille - Harshlands
    Vexille - Harshlands Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ewingoil wrote: »
    That is good how long did it take you to get it that high?

Took me an afternoon in cube room 4....
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Took me an afternoon in cube room 4....

I found the cube to confusing and almost got lost on my cleric.
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm gonna throw this out here. I leveled a walker up to 21 (same level that my magmite is) (I don't play my veno much anymore, shut up b:cry) and the magmite's stats were all higher across the board. I'll get screens here in a bit.

Edit: Stop trying to get info at 1 AM, Sora! b:surrender

They're actually lvl 22 and the walker has higher stats in everything but p.def, accuracy, and evasion. But whichever golem you look at, the one that wins doesn't do it by much.

Pics as promised.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Accuracy and evasion don't mean much. When I tested it, the difference between level 7 and level 1 growth in evasion came out to something like a 1.02% difference in damage taken, and it was still within a margin of error. It was something like 86% vs 88% hit rate against equal level mobs (tested against melee mobs) over 1000 swings. Accuracy works the same way basically, so the results won't be much different. I've got 493 accuracy in fox form and despite the 63% hit rate I see when targeting stuff of my level, I have an actual hit rate that's well above 95%.

The walker has more HP, atk, and magic resist. The physical resist is actually the same at 69% reduction. So basically, the walker wins or ties in every single stat.

The only place where it doesn't come out ahead is in skills with a volcanic and arguably a crystaline having better skill sets.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Accuracy and evasion don't mean much. When I tested it, the difference between level 7 and level 1 growth in evasion came out to something like a 1.02% difference in damage taken, and it was still within a margin of error. It was something like 86% vs 88% hit rate against equal level mobs (tested against melee mobs) over 1000 swings. Accuracy works the same way basically, so the results won't be much different. I've got 493 accuracy in fox form and despite the 63% hit rate I see when targeting stuff of my level, I have an actual hit rate that's well above 95%.
    The display for hit% and evade% is buggy with fox form. You'll notice if you have the character page ('c') open and switch to fox form, the accuracy and pdef values don't change. You have close it and open it again before you'll see the correct values for accuracy and pdef.

Same thing for hit% and evade% when you target a mob. Closing and opening the character page seems to force a refresh so the correct values are shown. (Which implies those numbers are calculated locally on the client, which raises some rather interesting and troubling questions.)
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I've noticed that, I'm referring to the corrected numbers. They're still not accurate.

On the subject of accuracy (and evasion) not meaning much though, try befuddling mist out, there's not much of an effect from a mere 70% debuff, even back when blinding sand could be paired with it, it was almost an all or nothing deal with it helping, depending on if you could hit 100% or not.
  • dr3aming
    dr3aming Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    here the stat for magmite vs walker at lv66...
    http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab135/csk2k9/pet.jpg?t=1261465932

as u can see, walker have a better HP, Mdef, Patk, and just some point behind the magmite, no big deal. for me, now i will use both of them :)
    Matk boss, walker. Patk boss, Magmite :)
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    dr3aming wrote: »

as u can see, walker have a better HP, Mdef, Patk, and just some point behind the magmite, no big deal. for me, now i will use both of them :)

always walker,... the 10 pdef the magmite has more doesnt compensate for the 195 hp the walker has more,... and since lots of bosses swing in a magic hit every ten or fifteen seconds,... the walker wins headsup
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    dr3aming wrote: »

Once again, their physical resist is the same. The amount that gets reduced is truncated. 100*def/(def+40*level). For the Walker that's 70.7057257 which is 70%, and for the magmite that's 70.73819552 which is again, 70%. Meaning they both take 30% damage. Using the magmite against physical mobs is just hurting yourself.