Hint at new expansion?

Options
SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear
SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
So I was down near sundown town looking for mats when I ran into the eastern edge of the map.

And there I noticed something very, very, interesting:

Instead of saying "Unavailable" it said "Upcoming"

2009-12-2721-17-28.jpg

So what do you guys think? Does this mean the map will be expanding again?

(I guess we will know when the GMs lock and delete this thread lol)
My Youtube Channel:
youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th
Post edited by SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Codeine - Raging Tide
    Codeine - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That's some mighty fine screenshot ya got there Somebodytwo, I don't think the game masters may come up with a solution to what ya said b:chuckle
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hahah yeah I saw that earlier, but the weird thing is it says Upcoming in all places.

Except it used to say "Coming Soon" now it says "Upcoming". I have a screenshot of the "coming soon" somewhere..

I think its bogus..why? because:

1. Since it says Upcoming at ALL edges of the map I think its just a bad translation T_T

2. The trick that I used to get into the Tideborn area BEFORE IT CAME OUT, doesnt work in these upcoming/coming soon areas,

EDIT: Also I dont think they fixed the bug, because you can still move by clicking after you disconnect your internet. This means that character movement is client side, not server side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    There is a 5th House that is unoccupied at every place where skill trainers gather in Arch......

Its everyone's guess as to where the new territory will be though. It could be next to Tideborn City, or even as far as other side of 1k streams.

We will see what the new year brings :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hahah yeah I saw that earlier, but the weird thing is it says Upcoming in all places.

Except it used to say "Coming Soon" now it says "Upcoming". I have a screenshot of the "coming soon" somewhere..

1. Since it says Upcoming at ALL edges of the map I think its just a bad translation T_T

2. The trick that I used to get into the Tideborn area BEFORE IT CAME OUT, doesnt work in these upcoming/coming soon areas,

That is great except for 1 thing, it used to say "unavailable" so why was it changed?

As for what you said; 1: Maybe it says it everywhere cuz they can only change the edge of map text for the whole map and not specific areas.

and 2: IF there is a new area don't you think they would have studied the trick ppl were using and countered it somehow?

There is a 5th House that is unoccupied at every place where skill trainers gather in Arch......

Oooh good point!

Its everyone's guess as to where the new territory will be though. It could be next to Tideborn City, or even as far as other side of 1k streams.

Im guessing down south at the bottom of the map (West of raging tide)

EDIT: oops I meant west of RT not east lol

+1 to that :)
    My Youtube Channel:
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    As for what you said; 1: Maybe it says it everywhere cuz they can only change the edge of map text for the whole map and not specific areas.

and 2: IF there is a new area don't you think they would have studied the trick ppl were using and countered it somehow?

1: I doubt it. They can change the area name text everywhere else on the map.

2: Keyword→IF. When the tideborn came out I did that trick, it worked etc etc. Then I wanted to see if there was more stuff in other areas of the map. I tried it at the place south of tusk town and I got the same result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I have seen the 'coming soon' notice too, I found it east of the new tideborn area. This direction would seem odd for an expansion when looking at the map. I haven't revisited to see if it says the same or 'upcoming' as I have seen elsewhere.

There is plenty of land mass to the west of Raging Tides and the Barrier and down the extreme west of the map, which could accommodate for the over 105's, if they ever raise the level cap and/or the possible that Ceshiari alludes to! I don't have any expectations or anticipate any of this for a long time... Maybe just before the festive holidays next year?
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    maybe the bug used to get in tideborn area before its release has been solved now atleast for other places

and i see holes in the map for new places everywhere and its also pretty clear the expansion isnt complete yet
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Interesting name. b:victory

It might be another 6 months before we'll see another expansion, but there will most likely be one or two smaller patches in-between that contain fruitful updates though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    maybe the bug used to get in tideborn area before its release has been solved now atleast for other places

and i see holes in the map for new places everywhere and its also pretty clear the expansion isnt complete yet

Agree with your second paragraph completely.

As for the apparent bug that existed to access the tideborn area before its release, parts of that were added in separate updates in prep for the big release. Applying what I consider to be reasonable logic, surely it would be too early for these new areas to be already in the process of updates. Of course, it is also fair to imagine that they could have solved the bug too!
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sometimes they just leave options for things open even without any plan to expand or the game is unpolished and things are left behind...

If you really want to be able to say in 6 months or a few years that you saw an expanded area coming because of an odd message you got...I guess that's ok XD I'd rather not waste my time investigating it when I could be killing things :3
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sometimes they just leave options for things open even without any plan to expand or the game is unpolished and things are left behind...

If you really want to be able to say in 6 months or a few years that you saw an expanded area coming because of an odd message you got...I guess that's ok XD I'd rather not waste my time investigating it when I could be killing things :3

Lol speculating is fun... gives me something to do... while I grind.... b:surrender
    My Youtube Channel:
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    As long as I eventually get to see that Volcano west of Burning Heart, I'll be happy. I've been wanting to get a closer look at that for a long time.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I for one do hope they expand the map into the bottom left hand corner, extending it out from Cromagnon Village south and from the Tideborn areas west until both points meet in order to make a rectanglular map.

I don't know if anyone else experienced this but when the new areas were first released I tried travelling from around Barrier Island to Gate of Delirium and got stuck on some invisible force i.e. the edge of the map that sticks out between the new areas and Tusk Town. b:cry

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ...I don't know if anyone else experienced this but when the new areas were first released I tried travelling from around Barrier Island to Gate of Delirium and got stuck on some invisible force i.e. the edge of the map that sticks out between the new areas and Tusk Town. b:cry

Regards.

Yeah thats annoying lol
    My Youtube Channel:
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lmafo.

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That is great except for 1 thing, it used to say "unavailable" so why was it changed?

And now all NPC's say "Goods", Dragon Quest has changed names, PWI only hairstyles disappeared to be replaced by the default ones etc. PWI just dropped the ball on making the same changes/translations on the expansion that they did at the start when they cared about quality over money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    And now all NPC's say "Goods", Dragon Quest has changed names, PWI only hairstyles disappeared to be replaced by the default ones etc. PWI just dropped the ball on making the same changes/translations on the expansion that they did at the start when they cared about quality over money.

hmm good point i forgot that about the whole "goods" versus "trade list" thing.
    My Youtube Channel:
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Well I doubt if any new maps have been placed in the game files yet; you can't go somewhere that doesn't exist, and Tideborn areas weren't accessible until that ginormous patch that put them in.
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well they have 2 new games comming out so unless there is a brand new team for each game... I dont think that "new Expansion" will be out anytime soon.. but i could be wrong other game i know is in its 6th version... other 11th..

!~ DaSheets
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I personally doubt they'd start on another expansion so soon, let alone in the same patch. Though I'm not outruling another expansion, I think it's just bad localization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I personally doubt they'd start on another expansion so soon, let alone in the same patch. Though I'm not outruling another expansion, I think it's just bad localization.

And it's also too soon to add a new expansion. I think the current expansion is enough for a few months or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well they have 2 new games comming out so unless there is a brand new team for each game... I dont think that "new Expansion" will be out anytime soon.. but i could be wrong other game i know is in its 6th version... other 11th..

!~ DaSheets

That wouldn't matter at all. Each game has their own team to work on. Dvorak for example used to be the Community Manager here but moved completely to JD when that game came out. In his place Spoons is now the CM here. He was completely new at that point.

Just one example of course but I always seem to see new people coming in with new games and also some changing of departments and/or games. Some people are only temporary additions who help with translations and all that and others stay on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That wouldn't matter at all. Each game has their own team to work on. Dvorak for example used to be the Community Manager here but moved completely to JD when that game came out. In his place Spoons is now the CM here. He was completely new at that point.

Just one example of course but I always seem to see new people coming in with new games and also some changing of departments and/or games. Some people are only temporary additions who help with translations and all that and others stay on.

Cool to know :)

(Also the thread has not been locked yet.... b:laugh)
    My Youtube Channel:
  • RedPeach - Lost City
    RedPeach - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I wonder if there will be a new Race again :D
    I was imagining... Undead Class... Vampire Class.. Ghost Class.. b:surrender
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I imagine it will be quite some time before they add anything new, race-wise, it used to say Unavalible, but the Khatru Pup is also now called a Coyote. I think there were some other things that changed aside from some names and mob aggro, but I'm pretty sure that they just biffed it. They will extend the map in the future(what else are they going to do with it?), I know that much so I guess the "upcoming" part isn't a complete lie. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Ashendal - Dreamweaver
    Ashendal - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Don't know about the race...but a Scythe wielding class and a "Paragon" type class, I.E. party buffs and such. >.>

How do i know...because I've played another game that had two very similar classes in their second expansion as we got in the Tideborn one. The two I mentioned were in the third and final expansion for it so it's a guess. Dunnoh if I'm right or not...but the coincidences on all the classes released so far have been uncanny and it would be funny.

(If you've played any of the GW expansions/games you know what I mean)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

maybe the necromancer class wouldn't just be restricted to the forums b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Necromancers would be pretty cool. Their home town could be a graveyard. Or maybe a class that comes from the sky. Elves don't count, even though they can fly at level 1, they come from the forest. A sky class would be the way to go.
  • Asfer - Heavens Tear
    Asfer - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

*cough*http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=561451*cough*

Anyway, I think it was a only for the Tideborn area but then GLITCH!! and it spread to the whole map.
    Want to know more about Forsaken World?
    Then go to:
    forsakenworldfans.blogspot.com
  • RedPeach - Lost City
    RedPeach - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    maybe the necromancer class wouldn't just be restricted to the forums b:laugh

b:chuckle I lol'd
    When there's someone who revive a very old Thread and got flamed, they'll just say:

"Can't you see my Avatar??? I'm a Necromancer for God sake!!! get lost you!! rawr!!"

wow Thx for the link! Wanmei's another game :O