R9 Swap

Options
Blade_aether - Lost City
Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Suggestion Box
So quick post, make it so that you can choose which R9 Set that you get.

Example, if you are a barb, you still have to have heavy R9, but you can choose Blade master rank 9 for the crit and dual axes.

If you are a sin, and want interval, you can choose the Archer R9, and vice versa, Archers wanting extra crit can go for the Assassin Rank 9.

Should not be imbalanced, changes are small.

Complect should still apply, but for casters as well, if you want crit, or -channeling.

So keep the class restriction of heavy to heavy, LA to LA and arcane to arcane.

Blade_Aether
Longing for dual axes.
Post edited by Blade_aether - Lost City on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If you are a sin, and want interval, you can choose the Archer R9, and vice versa, Archers wanting extra crit can go for the Assassin Rank 9.

Complect should still apply, but for casters as well, if you want crit, or -channeling.

Yes nothing imbalanced about giving sins an R9 set with int lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So quick post, make it so that you can choose which R9 Set that you get.

Example, if you are a barb, you still have to have heavy R9, but you can choose Blade master rank 9 for the crit and dual axes.

So keep the class restriction of heavy to heavy, LA to LA and arcane to arcane.

Blade_Aether
    Longing for dual axes.

This is an awful idea through and through, the game already has enough balance issues as it is. Instead, I think r9 should have a little flexibility for each class. As in, choosing what sort of weapon you want yours to be when you first obtain it(i.e. barbs can choose poleaxe, polehammer, dual axe, or dual hammer) I also think BM's should be able to choose a weapon from each of the four it gets, and classes like venomancer should be able to opt for LA or HA in case they have gone with those builds.
    Same bonuses, aside from the base defenses, which would be determined by the armor class, and the base attack power and aspd, which would be determined by the weapon type.
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yes nothing imbalanced about giving sins an R9 set with int lol. Yes I agree with Blade_Aether entirely, remove sins from game.

http://pwcalc.com/67adf03c1b2ad8e4

Because 5.0 Poleaxe Archers is totally legitimate?

Okay, I understand the likelihood of getting 3 or even 2 minus interval mods is unlikely on the rank 8 recast, but I have seen a BM on Lost City with 2x -0.5 on her R8 recast chest.

(The extra 8 atk lvl and -.1 on the wrists are from complect)

So, you are worried about Sins getting -.15 more interval? How about 5.0 EVERYTHING Melee?

This build and gear may be unlikely, but it is not impossible Asterelle.

Also, barbs getting stuck with poleaxe and 2 pieces of minus int gear? Literally garbage for sage barbs. Sage barbs are garbage anyways ;)

If I were to say the swap was restricted to Barbs and BMs, then sins, archers, venos etc would complain.

To be honest, think about 2nd cast Daggers with GoF and double interval... Unlikely, but there are still ways to get better DD than full R9 on a Sin.

The addon class restriction is silly, especially considering the degree of freedom that R8 recast is proposing.

I am mostly just butthurt that I lose out on 5% crit and Dual Axes. Especially for a poleaxe...

Blade_Aether
    Asterelle, marry me.
    This is an awful idea through and through, the game already has enough balance issues as it is. Instead, I think r9 should have a little flexibility for each class. As in, choosing what sort of weapon you want yours to be when you first obtain it(i.e. barbs can choose poleaxe, polehammer, dual axe, or dual hammer) I also think BM's should be able to choose a weapon from each of the four it gets, and classes like venomancer should be able to opt for LA or HA in case they have gone with those builds.
    Same bonuses, aside from the base defenses, which would be determined by the armor class, and the base attack power and aspd, which would be determined by the weapon type.

So what I said in different words? Have a little 'flexibility'? That is all that I am asking, and you start with this is a terrible idea.

Please think before you type.

Blade_Aether
    Hand typed