Rising Tide Hair Glitch - Send Customer Support a Ticket

Options

Comments

• _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Don't really care much for compensation, just fix it.
    And make clear that it's going to be fixed soon, and actually fix it, there is some urgency.

Every moment waiting, means that someone else will have the opportunity to choose some hairstyle from the the ones the Dev's messed up, changing it back might make the people who choose this other hairstyle upset. So there is some urgency involved, if the Devs wait too long all the people who just started a char will be long past lvl 30 and may have used up their free make-over scroll for something else and will start QQ-ing that the hairstyle they choose is now changed.

There are ways to prevent trouble from happening, some foresight and planning saves a lot of QQ-ing b:lipcurl
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Keet - Heavens Tear
    Keet - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    And make clear that it's going to be fixed soon, and actually fix it, there is some urgency.

Every moment waiting, means that someone else will have the opportunity to choose some hairstyle from the the ones the Dev's messed up, changing it back might make the people who choose this other hairstyle upset. So there is some urgency involved, if the Devs wait too long all the people who just started a char will be long past lvl 30 and may have used up their free make-over scroll for something else and will start QQ-ing that the hairstyle they choose is now changed.

There are ways to prevent trouble from happening, some foresight and planning saves a lot of QQ-ing b:lipcurl

I was thinking the same thing, if new people have chosen some of the changed hairstyles, PWI may have to keep both the new and old styles and provide a way for the people affected to choose one.
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    At the moment due to the holidays none of the Forum GM's are in office. We Mods do not have anymore ideas about this then anyone else. Please everyone be patient this will be fixed it just takes time.

And please don't take it out on us Mods we have nothing to do with fixing it. b:surrender

A response!!! b:shocked lol. Not wanting to take anything out on the Mods as I know you don't have access to things/info as the GMs do. Just happy to finally get a reply. Thank you.

Off subject a little, the issue occurred with the release of the expansion. So none of the GMs have been in the office since the 16th? Where do I sign up for that job and that kind of time off? lol j/k b:laugh
  • Risingson - Dreamweaver
    Risingson - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

i wouldnt really care about compensation either if they would just fix it... but at their rate of response, we are going to be playing like this into february.. and then, finally some day, they are going to stop dragging their feet and act like theyre so kindly doing us a favor.

but no, its not a favor.

any logical mind would have the foresight to implement a solution with the changes of the expansion.

they didnt even respond to my ticket about this, yet they responded to a later ticket over a different matter.
    this is just a slap in the face.

you know why they pull this sh*t off..
    its to make as many people as possible break down and buy a make over scroll.. to keep the money wheels rolling.. no?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    We've been in the office. b:surrender

Just skeleton crew.

The devs know, and last I heard it was being looked into.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i'm really starting to get aggrivated with this. i spent good money on this game and i feel like after a year-long nice dinner pwe bent me over the table and.. you know the rest.

its at the point now where i really do not care how they go about fixing it, be it wigs or bringing the style back in the customize menu, i just want something done in a timely fashion.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Just skeleton crew.

Thank you. At least we now got some kind of response. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Just skeleton crew.

Thank you for letting us finally hear something about it being looked into.

I noted on my wife's email on the hair problem, they say if you buy a makeover scroll after receiving the email, you will NOT be compensated. Considering how long it's taking for them to fix this, I find that a bit rude if not even an attempt to get people to spend more money to fix a problem caused by them and not be held accountable by including that little "catch".

Could be just me (bitter and jaded as I am b:scorn lol), could be simply poor wording on their part (not like that has ever happened lol), or.... b:surrender

A few courses in Business Management have shown me that if one waits a while, most people will pay to fix a problem rather then wait till it's fixed. So how many of you have already bought and used scrolls (and now won't be compensated) to fix this?
    b:question

"After you submit this ticket, please do not take any further action to correct this issue that would cost you anything as they will NOT be reimbursed." This is from the email my wife received concerning the use of makeover scrolls.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The forums are read 24/7. Not always replied to, because we are working on game related issues.

The mis alignment of the hair styles in the list, and with some of them not in the list has been recognized.

Customer Support has been assisting those of you with the issues when you send in a ticket.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • mamazon
    mamazon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I was rather disappointed as well when I logged in to see a complete change in my wizards hair, body and face, she was totally reset; not to mention the hair I liked is now no longer in the menu...alas, I found this forum too late it seems. I've used a great many scrolls to fix this; as I lost that one total customization, dye changes for clothes on all of them and my psycho still had an orange face! I bought my 6th make over scroll and swam her to Arch so I could finally fix her night before last. My Wizard though was the worst one of the bunch as I stated first. Had to redo her almost every time I logged into her and I finally gave up on trying to get her back the way she was; so she now looks nothing like she did when I first made her. So far tho, now after logging in the other night to find my clothing colors reset, my clerics lipstick is back and my psycho is still the same, as of this moment in time at least...all seems to be well, so something got fixed. I just hope that it can manage to stay this way as it makes me cringe now to login after an update and not knowing if my characters will look the way they did when I left them or if they will be something completely different. I know that nothing is perfect but I agree with what has been said previously, a heads up would be nice so we would have taken action sooner. Thanks for letting me vent, this has definitely been a frustrating few weeks. lol
  • Gwtvix - Sanctuary
    Gwtvix - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The forums are read 24/7. Not always replied to, because we are working on game related issues.

The mis alignment of the hair styles in the list, and with some of them not in the list has been recognized.

Customer Support has been assisting those of you with the issues when you send in a ticket.

Thank you so much for the response, Darth b:victory.

Personally, I've only gotten the email response from the ticket submission. Replied to the email with the pertinent information and haven't heard anything since. Glad to know that there's a more global fix being discussed.
  • Nagendra - Dreamweaver
    Nagendra - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately I do not know the name of the hair style,
    my elf, Lucemia, was the only character affected on my account.
    rterror.jpg

my veno got lucky, and my barb doesnt have any hair to mess up, haha :3
  • Lensora - Sanctuary
    Lensora - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    for BMS, in the customize list, it goes hairstyle 1, 3, 5, 6 .... and on. hairstyles 2 and 4 are missing. my BM had hairstyle #2, which looked like this:

BEFORE
    2009-09-1100-40-42.jpg

it has since been replaced with hairstyle #58, which looks like this:

AFTER
    2009-12-1714-54-46.jpg

same hairstyle before and after, just a different colour, myn was brown please fix this
  • rakealia
    rakealia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok, I don't know about any of you others, but the GMs sent me a makeover scroll for each of my characters affected by it, is this telling me I'll never see my pretty hair again? b:sad I'd gladly give back the scrolls if I could just have my hair back on my characters. I loved my hair, and going around on my main looking like a housewife is not really the heroic image I was going for, sure I can change it now, I suppose its a solution... but not one I'm really happy about. I mean, I went 88 lvls with that hairstyle, it meant something special to me and I never had a reason to change it. Now I have to change it. b:sad
  • TheHumanSage - Heavens Tear
    TheHumanSage - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ok wtf? u got a ton fo makeover scrolls for ur chars? i havent got a dang thing on my mage yet... i didnt even get a response to my ticket and i sent it in the first day this happened....this is really pissing me off
    ""To be or not to be?" is only one of the questions that need to be asked."-This message was brought to you by TheHumanSage the future of wizard power!(LA wizzy ftw)b:victory
  • Parnella - Dreamweaver
    Parnella - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wait I thought that this issue was getting taken care of... Well I don't really consider giving makover scrolls "fixing the problem" I want my OLD hair back, I don't wanna have to pick a new style b:sad
  • rakealia
    rakealia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I sent in my ticket 3 hours after Rising Tide launched, and I replied to the email they sent me within an hour after I got it. I sent in a before and after pic of each of the 4 of my characters that were affected. The GMs sent me a letter entitled "Goods" and it says inside:

"Happy Anniversary from all of us at Perfect World International! Please take this gift as a token of our appreciation!"

And what they gave me was a makeover scroll, like the ones you get from the quest in the 20s. Each one of my affected characters got a letter in the mail with this. I don't know why you haven't gotten one, I was only stating I got it, and was wondering if anyone else had too.

And yeah, I was really hoping they'd actually fix the hair instead of me choosing a new style. I liked my old one and honestly I do not like any of the other hairstyles.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ok thats messed up everyone getting this mail and i got none and i posted on here with it....i didnt get a scroll and i want my hair back and im a mage...we get screwed enough fix the problem...
    ""To be or not to be?" is only one of the questions that need to be asked."-This message was brought to you by TheHumanSage the future of wizard power!(LA wizzy ftw)b:victory
  • Tesaie - Sanctuary
    Tesaie - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rakealia wrote: »
    Ok, I don't know about any of you others, but the GMs sent me a makeover scroll for each of my characters affected by it, is this telling me I'll never see my pretty hair again? b:sad I'd gladly give back the scrolls if I could just have my hair back on my characters. I loved my hair, and going around on my main looking like a housewife is not really the heroic image I was going for, sure I can change it now, I suppose its a solution... but not one I'm really happy about. I mean, I went 88 lvls with that hairstyle, it meant something special to me and I never had a reason to change it. Now I have to change it. b:sad

Hmm I just got a response to my ticket yesterday ask me to send them the same info that was on the ticket lol. After reading your post I went go check see they send me anything but didn't get anything. If I do I will post it on here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Edyrem - Dreamweaver
    Edyrem - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Big ears too b:chuckle

how are her **** that big I've never seen a PWI character with **** that big...
  • Risingson - Dreamweaver
    Risingson - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    they sent me a makeover scroll.
    Thanks PWE, much appreciated.
  • Keet - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I got a makeover scroll too, but it just appeared in my inventory without a note; I thought maybe I got it on a quest and didn't notice. Does this mean I have to pick another hair style? All of the other ones I'd have chosen are gone via the glitch; I don't care for any of the new or original hairstyles. =( The one I used to have is gone, and I can't find any now that actually look curly. This is very disappointing indeed. b:sad
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I dont wanna pick a new hairstyle -____-
    Give us back our old hairstyles.
    Giving out makeover scrolls and letting people pick new hair isnt solving the problems GMs.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    how are her **** that big I've never seen a PWI character with **** that big...

then youre not really looking at a lot of characters.

torso to the minimum, **** to the maximum.

and yea i got a makeover scroll in the mail.. gave me happy anniverssary greetings and said this is my anni present o.O
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ok pwi ur really pissing me off.....i want my hair style back.....and how did i never get anything when everyone else does????get the hairstyle back and update it already.....
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ok pwi ur really pissing me off.....i want my hair style back.....and how did i never get anything when everyone else does????get the hairstyle back and update it already.....

yea well its starting to look like theyre not going to do anything about it. im upset too.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    at leasy u got compensation and a reply....i sent in ticket first day and still to this day have no response...none of them told me what they were doing until not long ago...and that was their response in here and i dont have a makeover scroll at least....b:angryb:angry
  • xshadowxsaix
    xshadowxsaix Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    To all the people who don't read their emails or perhaps haven't received an email, but have received a makeover scroll via in game mail:

I received an email yesterday stating that they will be sending a makeover scroll to me via in game mail and that I should not use it until they release their official fix because they will not reissue another scroll. As for all the others who haven't received an email or a makeover scroll, I don't know what to tell you, except that maybe they haven't got to you yet. Good luck.
  • Keet - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    To all the people who don't read their emails or perhaps haven't received an email, but have received a makeover scroll via in game mail:

I received an email yesterday stating that they will be sending a makeover scroll to me via in game mail and that I should not use it until they release their official fix because they will not reissue another scroll. As for all the others who haven't received an email or a makeover scroll, I don't know what to tell you, except that maybe they haven't got to you yet. Good luck.

That is good news, thank you very much. =)
  • theresa52
    theresa52 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

i just hope the official fix is that they r putting the hair back, those hairs they put in suck. give us the good ones back plz
This discussion has been closed.