fredag Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Blademaster
What stats should i upgrade to get a best possible bm? b:pleased
Post edited by fredag on

Comments

• Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    3 Str 2 dex per level will give you the ability to use heavy armor and all weapons. So you can't really go wrong with it b:pleased
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    OBOY - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:pleased go pure str with only enuf dex to use axes and about 40vit put the rest in str and refine up to +3 at least and look for gears with vit or hp, aoe grind and rb will be fun b:victory
  • /Miho/ - Raging Tide
    /Miho/ - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Deleted post.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:pleased go pure str with only enuf dex to use axes and about 40vit put the rest in str and refine up to +3 at least and look for gears with vit or hp, aoe grind and rb will be fun b:victory

using more strength than you need to use your weapons and heavy armor is a huge waste just stop now and go restat
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    using more strength than you need to use your weapons and heavy armor is a huge waste just stop now and go restat

kind of agree. bm only started getting really fun [for me anyway xD]once i was able to use all the weapons and skills avaliable to me and switch in between them depending on the situation.

altho i gotta say right now claws are total ownage to meh b:chuckle
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    b:laugh whats the point in using all 4 weapons it jus means ur not good at anything id rather be a great aoe dd then 2b nothing at all, a str bm is the best aoe class, a 4 weapon bm fails at aoe becuz he lacks dmg, the bm purpose in pve/pvp is to not jus stun but to aoe a bm with all 4 weapons aoe dmg jus tickles the other classes/mobs u cant get pass there charm but a str bm has alot more dmg and a better chanceb:pleased
  • Malley - Lost City
    Malley - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:laugh whats the point in using all 4 weapons it jus means ur not good at anything id rather be a great aoe dd then 2b nothing at all, a str bm is the best aoe class, a 4 weapon bm fails at aoe becuz he lacks dmg, the bm purpose in pve/pvp is to not jus stun but to aoe a bm with all 4 weapons aoe dmg jus tickles the other classes/mobs u cant get pass there charm but a str bm has alot more dmg and a better chanceb:pleased

your the kinda bm an assassin is actualy going to be able to kill b:bye

edit:nvm your on pve
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Might be fine for PVE, but in PVP, you can't kill what you can't hit. Even misties can only do so much if your base accuracy is so tremendously low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I laugh at you b:laugh. I use all weapons, have max all AOEs, deal high damage, and I have high accuracy for archers.

Anyone who claims 4 Weapon BMs aren't good at anything obviously hasn't met a good one.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    fredag wrote: »
    What stats should i upgrade to get a best possible bm? b:pleased

go arcane, stack channeling, and ask mages to buff u ll the time.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009

At least someone on this fail thread said something honest and helpful, Thanks Hippie ^_^

=P i love sarcasm
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • AzulAsura - Raging Tide
    AzulAsura - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009

You would be surprised how many BMs in arcane there are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AzulAsura-RTserver.
    Temporary signature.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    You would be surprised how many BMs in arcane there are.

i am not that easy to surprise
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Omegalmesh - Heavens Tear
    Omegalmesh - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Arcane BM? heh wow i never seen one of those :o must be interesting
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    b:laughthats your only argument that u can hit an archerb:laugh thats fail i think u forget theres other classes with very low evasion, yes i will miss archers alot, but when i do hit my high dmg they wont live long on the other hand ur baby slaps wont affect them they'll laugh at ur dmg as u hit but hey good 4u u can hit a archer but lack the dmg 2 actually kill 1 or anyother class and have poor aoe dmg, i feel bad for ur rb squad cuz there bm's dmg cant hold aggro for more then 3secs b:laugh, myslef on the other hand hold aggro pretty well and thats b4 alpa male, y adjust my stats to atk 1 class when i can atk many classes by going str, also in tw ur job wont be to atk archers its most likely stun and attack magic classes,dam and u went high dex just 4 themb:chuckle, and also its ok if u wanna go all weapons and can afford it i shouldnt say its a fail cuz those ppl worked hard 4 there toons i can fault them 4 that but instead ill just say i disagree with going anything else besides str axes 4 a bm and also who would an fcc squad rather have a str axe bm with awesom aoe dmg or a high dex bm with low dmg but high accaucy hmm i wonder and keep in mind that mobs dont have high evasion either because i rarley miss em
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    The problem with a pure str BM is that you limit yourself to one path - Axes. A BM's strength isn't their ability to kill the opponent in 3 hits. A BM's strength isn't to amass havoc from afar. A BM's strength is the ability to take full advantage of each path to meet the situational requirements, whether it is killing a squishy, keeping a barb stunned so your mages can kill him or slowing down masses of people.

You can argue that an axe BM can perform all of the above tasks and more, but there is always a better path to choose for each condition.

By constricting yourself to axes, it's like using the jackhammer you used to drill through concrete to drill a cavity. I mean yeah they're both drills, but there's better instruments suited for different tasks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    The problem with a pure str BM is that you limit yourself to one path - Axes. A BM's strength isn't their ability to kill the opponent in 3 hits. A BM's strength isn't to amass havoc from afar. A BM's strength is the ability to take full advantage of each path to meet the situational requirements, whether it is killing a squishy, keeping a barb stunned so your mages can kill him or slowing down masses of people.

You can argue that an axe BM can perform all of the above tasks and more, but there is always a better path to choose for each condition.

By constricting yourself to axes, it's like using the jackhammer you used to drill through concrete to drill a cavity. I mean yeah they're both drills, but there's better instruments suited for different tasks.

ahh but ur forgetting the most important role of a bm, the main reason y we r in squads and thats not just stun its 2 aoe becuz no other class can aoe as good as a bm, yes magic claases/archers have more dmg but they cant aoe like a bm, and our role isnt simply 2 stun so mages can kill we also have to do our part which is to kill magic user and stun but a bm with 3 or 4 paths has low dmg and at high lvls those so called squishies rnt so squishy anymore but u still lack dmg and can no longer defeat there charms so what good are u if u cant kill a few of them, stun becomes useless if u cant take advantge of it by killing those magic users attacking the barb in tw and once again for fcc/rb or any place that requires aoe ull want a bm that has actual aoe dmg not alot of dex becuz mobs have low evasion so high dex isnt needed, yea u can still aoe but your aoe atks r weak and that makes for a very loooong run with every1 being atttacked becuz ur high dex didnt help kill mobs faster,and i know more dex means more crit but with the lack of str ur dmg is still low ur crit would be my normal hit o well i guess if ur rich u can jus +12 ur weapon then then maybe it will be enuf, and yes i know theres alpha but it cant be spammed as fast as u would need it, thats when having str comes into play havin high str i hold aggro alot longer compared to a dex bmb:victory
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Check these videos out.

http://zoome.jp/gattun/movie_list

You'll notice in the territory war videos:

1. He does mainly use axes
    2. He has fists as well, which means he isn't a pure str build
    3. He can kill people
    4. He does what he's supposed to do. Stun, slow, kill squishies etc.

You'll notice in his duel videos:
    1. A lot of them use fists
    2. People still get killed by fists

What does this say? You don't need a 4 str per level build to be able to kill people. Pure axes are great for AOE, but not every situation calls for an AOE. You're going to try to tank a boss with axes? Or you're going to try and save the barb through heaven's flame? BMs are very situational, and what their role is depends on the need at the time. Limiting yourself to axes will only let you react to one type of situation, but when all the others crops up, you'll be at a loss of choices and alternatives.

You keep on arguing you can hold aggro better in RB, but RB isnt everything. That's only a dot in the scope of the things a BM does. Why limit yourself to so little things?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    You have no clue what you're talking about if you think my damage is low. Demon barbs have trouble holding aggro from me because of my DPS. I've downed plenty of enemies in just a few shots using a TT90 polearm +4.

My actions speak for themselves. Anyone who's been with me in something like FCC or AGAINST me in TW knows how effective I am.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barbs have a lot of trouble holding aggro from me too.. and I don't use your stats....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Barbs have a lot of trouble holding aggro from me too.. and I don't use your stats....

I didn't give out my stats o.O
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And I"m sure they aren't the same. XD

But I was mistaking you for someone else and for that I do apologize. b:thanks

Edit: they should let us have personal avatars.....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    b:laughthats your only argument that u can hit an archerb:laugh thats fail i think u forget theres other classes with very low evasion, yes i will miss archers alot, but when i do hit my high dmg they wont live long on the other hand ur baby slaps wont affect them they'll laugh at ur dmg as u hit but hey good 4u u can hit a archer but lack the dmg 2 actually kill 1 or anyother class and have poor aoe dmg, i feel bad for ur rb squad cuz there bm's dmg cant hold aggro for more then 3secs b:laugh, myslef on the other hand hold aggro pretty well and thats b4 alpa male, y adjust my stats to atk 1 class when i can atk many classes by going str, also in tw ur job wont be to atk archers its most likely stun and attack magic classes,dam and u went high dex just 4 themb:chuckle, and also its ok if u wanna go all weapons and can afford it i shouldnt say its a fail cuz those ppl worked hard 4 there toons i can fault them 4 that but instead ill just say i disagree with going anything else besides str axes 4 a bm and also who would an fcc squad rather have a str axe bm with awesom aoe dmg or a high dex bm with low dmg but high accaucy hmm i wonder and keep in mind that mobs dont have high evasion either because i rarley miss em

ur iq must be somewhere on lower half of two digit numbers
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Check these videos out.

http://zoome.jp/gattun/movie_list

You'll notice in the territory war videos:

1. He does mainly use axes
    2. He has fists as well, which means he isn't a pure str build
    3. He can kill people
    4. He does what he's supposed to do. Stun, slow, kill squishies etc.

You'll notice in his duel videos:
    1. A lot of them use fists
    2. People still get killed by fists

What does this say? You don't need a 4 str per level build to be able to kill people. Pure axes are great for AOE, but not every situation calls for an AOE. You're going to try to tank a boss with axes? Or you're going to try and save the barb through heaven's flame? BMs are very situational, and what their role is depends on the need at the time. Limiting yourself to axes will only let you react to one type of situation, but when all the others crops up, you'll be at a loss of choices and alternatives.

You keep on arguing you can hold aggro better in RB, but RB isnt everything. That's only a dot in the scope of the things a BM does. Why limit yourself to so little things?

yea seen some of the vids but whats the point u cant tell who else is attacking his targets so to say he killed them is to assume to much also what were there lvls he was 101, rb only a dot? lol rb is 1 huge dot then ,aoe is the main purpose of a bm when u decide to become a bm its cuz u wanna aoe better then any1 else its what makes bm fast levelers well the str bm anyway and if u wanna be a tank delete ur bm and become a barb b:chuckle we rnt tanks u might wish to b but ur no different from high lvl magic users who couldnt tank at low lvl who now all of a sudden wanna show they can tank b:laugh, yes im not a tank but with my axes i can tank most bosses if im needed to but i dont enter squads thinking ima tank my role is to help kill as fast as possible,stun and when things break down hold aggro on boss till barb gets back but theres a better class for that actaully there called venos so ur no longer needed so what can u do?whats left for u?AOE is the only job that no other class can take away or replace us so that leaves fis/swords/pole as nuthin more then a nice little party trick b:laugh now put ur axes on b:laugh
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

Careful, if you read any more of that, your IQ will drop to that level too.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Careful, if you read any more of that, your IQ will drop to that level too.

me hit BIIIG numbers off enemy :D
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

b:laugh its ok i understand you have no real comebacks so you have to resort to insults b:laughb:victory
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    b:laugh its ok i understand you have no real comebacks so you have to resort to insults b:laughb:victory

i just dont take the time to explain that to u, since idc.

also, i like to insult people, whats the point of internet if not that?
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    yea seen some of the vids but whats the point u cant tell who else is attacking his targets so to say he killed them is to assume to much also what were there lvls he was 101, rb only a dot? lol rb is 1 huge dot then ,aoe is the main purpose of a bm when u decide to become a bm its cuz u wanna aoe better then any1 else its what makes bm fast levelers well the str bm anyway and if u wanna be a tank delete ur bm and become a barb b:chuckle we rnt tanks u might wish to b but ur no different from high lvl magic users who couldnt tank at low lvl who now all of a sudden wanna show they can tank b:laugh, yes im not a tank but with my axes i can tank most bosses if im needed to but i dont enter squads thinking ima tank my role is to help kill as fast as possible,stun and when things break down hold aggro on boss till barb gets back but theres a better class for that actaully there called venos so ur no longer needed so what can u do?whats left for u?AOE is the only job that no other class can take away or replace us so that leaves fis/swords/pole as nuthin more then a nice little party trick b:laugh now put ur axes on b:laugh

There were portions of the video where he specifically switched to fists to down a couple of targets he singled out. In duels, you can see he mostly uses fists, because the sheer dps is indeed formidable, and even you cannot deny that.

Rebirth is but a small portion of the bigger picture. And I can say I didn't become a BM just so I can AOE. I became a BM because I want to save squads, because I want to stunlock, because I want to cancel AOEs and because I want be a class that molds itself to whatever the situation calls for. If all you do is AOE, you're missing out on the whole point of a BM. If all I did was AOE grind and rebirth, I'd quit game.

Any good BM knows that for different situations, there are different needs, and one weapon cannot meet the needs of everything.

But hey, if you insist rebirth and aoeing is all there is to a BM, whatever makes you sleep at night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009

fire extinguisher plz?

(imo 4path bm build, (starting with axefist from level 60ish to 85ish) is best,... without overdoing on one stat,... keeping str n dex under 200-220 n the rest in vit,... )