I just changed from Pc to mac

SputKe_OwnZz - Lost City
SputKe_OwnZz - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Support Desk
as the title says, i switched to mac. it is better, faster and overall nicer than pc. but i love playing perfect world and i want to play it on my beast of a mac.
is there any possible way i can play it on my mac?

doing boot camp would most likely work, but i dont wanna have to buy a whole new vista, cause vista blows blows huge ****.

so if you guys know any ways that i would be able to download perfect world onto a mac, please respond :D
Post edited by SputKe_OwnZz - Lost City on

Comments

• Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You can download it onto a mac easily. You just can't play it. b:chuckle

Why are macs "better" than a pc? Because they can't run anything so they don't have the opportunity to mess up. b:bye
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Does Windows 7 run in boot camp? I'm using Windows 7 and in my opinion it's tons better than Vista.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SputKe_OwnZz - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    -.- there better because they look, perform and just are better b:angry'

why couldnt play it? would it just not run?
    edited December 2009
    shouldi just keep my old pc and play perfect world on it ?
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    as the title says, i switched to mac. it is better, faster and overall nicer than pc. but i love playing perfect world and i want to play it on my beast of a mac.

doing boot camp would most likely work, but i dont wanna have to buy a whole new vista, cause vista blows blows huge ****.

so if you guys know any ways that i would be able to download perfect world onto a mac, please respond :D

Um only way for PW to work on a mac (what i use) is using bootcamp, I temped for Mircosoft so i was able to get a copy of XP Pro and it works like a charm, i have never tried vista nor will i... i might go for win7 after SP 2 or 3 comes out..

bit of friendly advice, not a good idea to say what computer is better then the other... each side has there own thing to say and 99% of it isnt helpful but tons of flaming...

!~ Da Sheets
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Does Windows 7 run in boot camp? I'm using Windows 7 and in my opinion it's tons better than Vista.

http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/01/15/using-boot-camp-to-install-windows-7-on-your-mac-the-complete-walkthrough/

try that..

!~ Da Sheets
    edited December 2009
    alright. boot camp it is b:surrender
    but do i have to buy a whole new operating system of windows?
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    shouldi just keep my old pc and play perfect world on it ?

dunno, but if its the only way you can play PW.....

!~ Da Sheets
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    alright. boot camp it is b:surrender
    but do i have to buy a whole new operating system of windows?

Yes a full Version is required

!~ DaSheets
    edited December 2009
    ill have my mac and a pc i guess. not wasting more money.

Thank you :) and merry christmas
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Marry xmas to you... if you need any more help on this topic i am just a PM away...
    !~Da Sheets
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    bit of friendly advice, not a good idea to say what computer is better then the other... each side has there own thing to say and 99% of it isnt helpful but tons of flaming...

!~ Da Sheets

My mac looks gayer than your PC =P b:chuckle
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you don't even know that PW has no chance at running on a Mac (the OS), you're better off with one
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you don't even know that PW has no chance at running on a Mac (the OS), you're better off with one
    ignore the PMSing cleric, and look for an emulated version like linux has i suppose :o try google.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    PC = Personal Computer
    You still have a PC, it's not the PC that blows, it's the OS. XD
    However, I don't think they make PWI for Mac yet, bug support? Though forums are second best if you already did that. XD
    I remember trying to think of ways to download this game for a friend of mine that has a Mac and we never found a way....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Theres a sticky for it somewhere on these forums, look for it.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited December 2009
    Emulators?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Emulators?
    pwi doesnt support a client for linux, so an emulator (or something that copies the process of) called wine allows linux users to play pwi.

its a third party program allowed, but not supported by PWI, thus its used at the users own risks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, just get the Windows side onto the MAC. I'm not sure how because my dad takes care of all that stuff, but he said that he had to buy the Windows side for the MAC. I play PWI on a big giant awesome MAC all the time (when my dad isn't hogging the MAC for WoW) and the overall size of the screen with PWI is breathtaking.
    XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
    edited December 2009
    im just going to save up me moneh and wait to get windows.

for now ill just have them side by side
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    there is a program for mac called crossover it allows you to run windows apps on a mac. it isn't free but i'm sure its cheaper than buying another copy of horrible windows. i'll look up more infro on crossover and get back to you. ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I dont see why everyone hates windows. I've had 95, 98(cant remember too much about these two), xp, vista and now I have windows 7. Honestly, the only problem I have ever had was with vista + some gameguard games.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I dont see why everyone hates windows. I've had 95, 98(cant remember too much about these two), xp, vista and now I have windows 7. Honestly, the only problem I have ever had was with vista + some gameguard games.

you seem to be lucky on that windows on occaision forgets its an os and cant find its self the worst windows os for that was ME it would eat itself now windos 7 is a great come back it runs much better than any previous M$ os

and for crossover mac here is the site http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/ sorry if it doesnt show up as a link im not to good with that stuff >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Win2k - the one you skipped was the best.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Guepard - Sanctuary
    Guepard - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    as the title says, i switched to mac. it is better, faster and overall nicer than pc.

b:laughb:laugh
    Mac better and faster? b:chuckle
    Spend the same money in a PC and you will get a double faster PC...
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    (>.<)'
    sowwy me has to agree...
    premade PC = ......weak.....slower and worse then Macs generally....*cough dell cough*
    build your own and for less then the price of a Mac you get one thats at least 25-50% faster.
    b:chuckle
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    there is a program for mac called crossover it allows you to run windows apps on a mac. it isn't free but i'm sure its cheaper than buying another copy of horrible windows. i'll look up more infro on crossover and get back to you. ^.^

Free, but doesnt work half the time or graphics are fugged up as VMs are not really stable when it comes to this game..
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    storehammy wrote: »
    (>.<)'
    sowwy me has to agree...
    premade PC = ......weak.....slower and worse then Macs generally....*cough dell cough*
    build your own and for less then the price of a Mac you get one thats at least 25-50% faster.
    b:chuckle

To each there own -wait for it get to get really bad-
  • Toushirou_H - Heavens Tear
    Toushirou_H - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I have the same problem. I'm gonna make a bootcamp with Windows XP. Vista sucks, and if you want windows 7. Then you'll need to have the newest update for snow leopard, which need much bigger CPU than the normal leopard. The other option is to use crossover. I often play GTA: San Andreas or Guild Wars on my mac, but for some reason have I and some other guys been having problems with an error. The easiest is to do a XP b:victory
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I currently play on my imac w/ the use of boot camp and windows 7. Wasn't bad to install really, I was kindof impressed. PW really needs to make a mac version, the screen of an imac makes the entire game look amazing at high res.
This discussion has been closed.