Christmas Event Info.

Options
Aelric - Lost City
Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Kantorek wrote: »
Just so everyone is clear, there is no Xmas "event". There is only Snowmen and the killing of said Snowman. Please do not refer to last year's guides because.. well.. they're for the event last year. Not this year. 2008, not 2009. Thanks, and I hope everyone enjoys their holiday! (Except for the Snowman) b:bye

FAIL

NOTE: Christmas Quests are not fully functional.
>Snowmenz are droping Christmas Cards that can be turned into Santa
>Santa's Grocery Store is working
>Able to receive quest "Living Snowmen," unable to complete due to lack of living snowmen
Just managed to get a hold of Kantorek who comfirmed that the Living Snowmen have not been implemented in this years Christmas event.

Sorry for the confusion everyone and happy Christmas!

Santa Tracker!
Archosaur North District at the crossroads

Snowmenz Drops:
>Chi Stones (refuel aerogear, feed genie, repair gear, make charms and potions @ apothecary)
>Mantou (used to make special pots that heal 500MP & 500HP, made @ Hu Hsiaoko - 546 629)
>Mirage Stones
>Celestones (can be made into mirages stones @ Gem Merchant)
>Christmas Cards (used for Christmas Quests, see Santa)
>Dice Tickets (used in Cube of Fate)

Went digging and found the info from last year's Christmas Event, HERE

Title: A Perfect World Christmas (and New Year's!)Date: 2008-12-10

'Tis that time of the year, when friends and family gather, gifts are exchanged, and evil snowmen invade the major cities. That's right, the Perfect World Christmas & New Year's event is upon us! Read on for details on the different parts of this epic event, which begins on December 24th...

- Invasion of the Naughty Snowmen -

The Snowman Tamer needs your help! An army of Naughty Snowmen have invaded the four major cities of Perfect World. It's up to you to send these cold-hearted monstrosities back to whatever depths they hobbled out from. You can find the Snowman Tamer in the following locations: Etherblade - next to the Messenger of the Sages; City of the Lost - next to the Adventure Assistant; City of the Plume - next to the Priest; and Archosaur - very center of the city, underneath the Warsoul Spirit.

For a limited time, speak with the Snowman Tamer and he'll give you a quest to defeat 40 Snowmen. Every time you complete this quest, you'll receive 2,000 EXP and 400 Spirit. You'll also receive a special Christmas Stocking, which contains a secret present! Remember, you can complete this quest as many times as you want!

Note that you'll need to be level 20 or higher to initiate this quest (there's no level requisite for slaying snowmen, however).

- Snowball Launcher -

Speak to the Snowman Tamer and he'll give you a Snowball Launcher and 10,000 snowball ammo. Use this nifty weapon to defeat the Naughty Snowmen (don't ask why snow works against snow)! This item will only last for 12 hours.

- Christmas Chocolate -

Santa Claus is ready to prepare delicious chocolate treats for you if you bring him the proper ingredients! All of these ingredients can be found by gathering crafting materials:

Edible Pigment can sometimes be found while gathering coal
Chocolate Syrup can sometimes be found while gathering lumber
Chocolate Additive can sometimes be found while gathering stone
Cocoa Cores can sometimes be found while gathering metal

Once you turn in the right ingredients, Santa will prepare special chocolate treats, which give short duration buffs when you eat them:

Speed Chocolate increases your movement speed

Power Chocolate increases your physical attack power

Wisdom Chocolate increases your magical attack power

Memory Chocolate reduces your channeling time

Armor Chocolate increases your physical defense

Protection Chocolate increases your magical defense

Force Chocolate increases your critical hit rate

Longevity Chocolate increases your HP recovery rate

Energy Chocolate increases your MP recovery rate

Note that you'll need to be level 20 or higher to eat these treats.

- X'mas Card Hunt -

> X'mas for All (Tier 1)

Beginning at level 20, you can speak to the X'mas Tree in each city and it will bless you with a pack of X'mas cards. Open the pack and you'll receive a random assortment of cards. You can either come back to the X'mas Tree the next day to get a new batch of cards, or you can trade with your friends to collect them all! When you collect cards 1-7, return them to the X'mas Tree to combine the cards. Take the combined X'mas Card Set (1-7) to Santa and he'll reward you with a Small X'mas Box that contains all sorts of goodies! Remember, this quest can be repeated once per day.

> X'mas Wish Cards (Tier 2)

If you're level 55 or higher, the X'mas Tree will give you a quest to visit different NPCs around the world who are holding the X'mas Wish Cards (8-14).

If you take an X'mas Card Set (1-7) plus any one of the X'mas Wish Cards (8-14) from the NPCs around the world to Santa, he'll reward you with a Big X'mas Box that contains all sorts of goodies!

You can also collect all X'mas Wish Cards (8-14) and have the X'mas Tree combine them into an X'mas Wish Card Set. This can be used for the X'mas Blessing quest (Tier 3).

> X'mas Blessing (Tier 3)

If you're level 75 or higher, you can obtain the final set of cards, the X'mas World Cards (15-21). These cards are hidden in various monsters throughout the world. If you take an X'mas Card Set (1-7), an X'mas Wish Card Set (8-14), and any one of the following X'mas World Cards (15-21) to Santa, you can turn them in for special items. Note that all items come with a pack of 8 Monkey King pills OR Fat Bro pills.

Trade Daylight (card #15) to receive a Christmas Guardian Charm

Trade Air (card #16) to receive Perfect Cookie x20

Trade Flora (card #17) to receive 50,000 EXP and 8,000 Spirit

Trade Sola (card #18) to receive a Christmas Spirit Charm

Trade Fauna (card #19) to receive a Chocolate Box (contains one of each Chocolate Candy types)

Trade Human (card #20) to receive Mirage Celestone x7

Trade Bestowal (card #21) to receive Mysterious Chips x10

Remember, you'll need the completed sets from the previous tiers (1-7) and (8-14), combined with one of the (15-21) cards to receive these items.

Now, if you are diligent enough to gather all 3 sets of cards (1-7), (8-14), and (15-21), you can turn in all 3 completed sets to Santa to receive the ultimate prize: Blessing of Christmas, which grants you permanent +1% Crit rate!

- The Living Snowmen -

Little Yaoyun in West Archosaur needs help with the snowman she built. Help her by talking to Santa and he'll give you a quest to investigate the mysterious Living Snowmen seen in the areas outside of Etherblade, City of the Lost, and City of the Plume. You'll need to be level 20 or higher to begin this quest.

- Santa's Helper -

Throughout the word, monsters will randomly drop a special item called the Christmas Card. Take the Christmas Card to Tu Heng in Archosaur (533, 645) or Santa to begin a quest to help deliver presents around the world. In return, you'll receive a Christmas Stocking, which contains a secret present for helping Santa! Note that you'll need to be level 20 or higher to initiate this quest.

- X'mas Gifts -

If you're level 55 or higher, speak to Santa and he'll give you a Christmas stocking just for talking to him! How's that for jolly?

- Free Christmas Clothes -

Speak to the Inventory Master in each major city to receive a *free* set of Christmas clothes! These outfits last for 3 days, and you'll need to be level 10 or higher to wear them.

- Santa's Grocery Store -

Last but not least, talk to Santa and he'll sell you an item that lets you pretend to be Santa for a short period of time. Be sure to spread good will to all!

Happy Holidays from the Perfect World International team!

Random Thoughts and Player Info:
Hope this can help to eliminate alittle confusion for people who weren't here last year, and maybe, just maybe the rest of the event will get put in.

Eventhough I am very pleased that the GMs actually listened to the player base and threw the Christmas Event in, I am VERY disappointed that there has be NO official announcements, and they did NOT take the time to ensure that everything was working correctly.

There could still be a chance that they will get the rest of the event fixed but that is no excuse for not having any announcements of any kind. I have lost alot of respect for our GMs and PWE this holiday season.
1) There has been no official confirmation of a full blown event.

2) They stated yesterday that there was no announcement because they were unsure if the coding had been/would have been in time for the event due to the expansion. As such they made no announcement.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
-Dr. Seuss
b:victory
Post edited by Aelric - Lost City on

Comments

• Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have lost alot of respect for our GMs and PWE this holiday season.

The multiple anniversaries didn't do it for you? What about the constant denial of a new server and then we get one?
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The multiple anniversaries didn't do it for you? What about the constant denial of a new server and then we get one?

that includes all of the above o.o (and probly more of the below depending on if more ppl post lol)

EDIT: check out my sig lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

2) They stated yesterday that there was no announcement because they were unsure if the coding had been/would have been in time for the event due to the expansion. As such they made no announcement.

3) There still might be an event, maybe they are saving it for the weekend.

4) People want so much and when they do not get something they QQ, but when they get something (like the Snowmen) then they want more.

You might be eating your words, you might not. The fact is you are speculating that everything is not working properly.

PS --> The snowmen are dropping cards and there is a quest that gives you exp that is working....ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

3) There still might be an event, maybe they are saving it for the weekend.

4) People want so much and when they do not get something they QQ, but when they get something (like the Snowmen) then they want more.

You might be eating your words, you might not. The fact is you are speculating that everything is not working properly.

PS --> The snowmen are dropping cards and there is a quest that gives you exp that is working....ijs

xD nice to see ya again Rose, i quit again if you didnt notice but back again bwahaha... and yes snowmen are droping christmas cards, but its next to impossible to get all the cards required just from drops, ive gotten about 5 and they are all high lvl ones, havent seen any 1-7s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    xD nice to see ya again Rose, i quit again if you didnt notice but back again bwahaha... and yes snowmen are droping christmas cards, but its next to impossible to get all the cards required just from drops, ive gotten about 5 and they are all high lvl ones, havent seen any 1-7s

The cards are just rare.

Be patient and see what happens.

If there is no official event then fine. After all, they did just release the expansion.

And welcome back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The cards are just rare.

Be patient and see what happens.

If there is no official event then fine. After all, they did just release the expansion.

And welcome back!

Yeah im excited about snowmen, gotten my TB to 19 and an archer alt to 12, and they are fueling my genie that has been virtually dead for months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah im excited about snowmen, gotten my TB to 19 and an archer alt to 12, and they are fueling my genie that has been virtually dead for months.

See....not all negative. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Seems all u "KIDS" think about is getting getting getting....

They gave us the expansion ( YES IT HAS FLAWS, NO I DONT CARE) while they normally wouldnt have.
    It's a better present than any other non significant present they could give us.

Xmas isn't just about presents damnit, stop being so selfish and ignorant.

I for one, while I'm not completely happy with everything, wish the devs, admins and other staff of PWI a happy Xmas and crazy New Year.

• Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Seems all u "KIDS" think about is getting getting getting....

They gave us the expansion ( YES IT HAS FLAWS, NO I DONT CARE) while they normally wouldnt have.
    It's a better present than any other non significant present they could give us.

Xmas isn't just about presents damnit, stop being so selfish and ignorant.

I for one, while I'm not completely happy with everything, wish the devs, admins and other staff of PWI a happy Xmas and crazy New Year.

i loled at this. how much money have u droped into this game? and how many other games have christmas events? PW is pushing waay to close to being centered aroung the cash shop. Plus, we are one of the, if not the only version of PW without a complete Chrismas Event (even the anti-christmas event on the european severs is still an event).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i loled at this. how much money have u droped into this game? and how many other games have christmas events? PW is pushing waay to close to being centered aroung the cash shop. Plus, we are one of the, if not the only version of PW without a complete Chrismas Event (even the anti-christmas event on the european severs is still an event).

Wow, how pathetic can u be, it's xmas evening and ur crying about smth like this...

I can't be bothered tho, i gotta go, some ppl actually try to have fun at this time of the year...
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wow, how pathetic can u be, it's xmas evening and ur crying about smth like this...

I can't be bothered tho, i gotta go, some ppl actually try to have fun at this time of the year...

ahh cant make a point? and i appologize if you havent spent much money on the game like i believe you have. just noticed your join date, so you have no idea what pw was like when it first came out, before the crazy packs and r-tards who drop so much money on this game, then shoot up gold prices b:bye

BTW- i dont need your ****, i posted this to help people out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ahh cant make a point? and i appologize if you havent spent much money on the game like i believe you have. just noticed your join date, so you have no idea what pw was like when it first came out, before the crazy packs and r-tards who drop so much money on this game, then shoot up gold prices b:bye

BTW- i dont need your ****, i posted this to help people out

...I played PW MY, thats 2 years before PWI.

I got a 84 barb 80 wiz and 50 cleric.

I know how PW works, i just dont feel like getting frustrated at this time of the year.
    More important things than a lousy event...
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I know how PW works, i just dont feel like getting frustrated at this time of the year.

...like gettin' drunk off of eggnog and go outside wearing nothing but a Santa Jacket...and a smile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have the quest but where is santa? b:shedtearb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Cleo - Lost City
    Miss_Cleo - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have the quest but where is santa? b:shedtearb:cry

He is in the middle of the Cross-roads in North Arch.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

I played PW-MY for a years, it was horrible. Crappy GMs, horrid players, worst economy in any game ever. PWI is so much better. And I've played every class to at least 40, had a 60 WF, and a 50 EP there (I don't play much and I never bought cubi-gold). Then I came to this version and got all the classes to 30, 60 veno, and 73 and still going cleric. (ive quit about 10 times xD)

Also I want to point out that you called the event "lousy" even though you were QQing about my disappointment, go back to PW-MY u fit in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    He is in the middle of the Cross-roads in North Arch.

b:thanks thank you for helping
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ...like gettin' drunk off of eggnog and go outside wearing nothing but a Santa Jacket...and a smile.

Konny baby, if you do that, be sure to take a photo and let us have a look! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Konny baby, if you do that, be sure to take a photo and let us have a look! b:victory

b:shocked

...only ladies get a show.

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I played PW-MY for a years, it was horrible. Crappy GMs, horrid players, worst economy in any game ever. PWI is so much better. And I've played every class to at least 40, had a 60 WF, and a 50 EP there (I don't play much and I never bought cubi-gold). Then I came to this version and got all the classes to 30, 60 veno, and 73 and still going cleric. (ive quit about 10 times xD)

and i want to point out that you caleld the event "lousy" even thouhg you were QQing about my disappointment, go back to PW-MY u fit in.

My chars im talking about are in PWI...

I havent played PW MY for over a year. I'm just saying I know PW and how it works. Ive been here long before the stupid AnniPacks.

All ur doing is making assumptions and crying over little things that arent worth it, at least not at this time of the year.

Maybe ur lonely and u need this game to have fun, I understand, but don't drag the rest of the community with u.

And now I'm gone and I hope u at least try to have a bit of fun these last days of the year. Because crying over little things is just not worth it.

AND the ffact u see december on my avatar is cuz i made my TBorn in december, WHEN THE EXPANSION CAME OUT. Watch every avatar thats a TBorn and they are all December....
  • Miss_Cleo - Lost City
    Miss_Cleo - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    TideLord...thought you were not going to get frustrated this time of year?
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    TideLord...thought you were not going to get frustrated this time of year?

hes just trolling and full of himself, i guarantee he hasnt been around PWI longer than me, because that would be impossible, I played during CB xD

Anyway I hope this is helping some people besides the fact that this thread is getting spamed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • miwhite
    miwhite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    going to check if mobs will drop the card needed to start the santas helper quest

btw this is Aelric, i wanted to see my actual join date xD haha and aww my old siggy!! from my CB guild hahah loooong time ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noxin - Dreamweaver
    Noxin - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Look I thought there is nothing going to happen at x Mas at all and now I see we have the snowmen !
    Im very happy we have them and speaking of myself they are enough cause I didnt expect anything.

To say it in short:
    TY PWE !

Happy Gaming

Nox
    - Lvl 95 Veno, Dreamwaver
    - Lvl 60 Cleric, Dreamwaver
    - Lvl 80 Assa, Dreamwaver
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I haven't seen a GM all day. Im thinking they are on break for Christmas. When they get back they'll notice the messed up Xmas event. Instead of fixing it they'll probably brush it aside and wait till next year to have a quality event.
    That's just what Im thinking, I may be wrong.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I haven't seen a GM all day. Im thinking they are on break for Christmas. When they get back they'll notice the messed up Xmas event. Instead of fixing it they'll probably brush it aside and wait till next year to have a quality event.
    That's just what Im thinking, I may be wrong.

Yeah. Or they might compensate with another month of annipacks!!! >.> lol we will see
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah. Or they might compensate with another month of annipacks!!! >.> lol we will see

OMG what I always wanted, annipacksb:pleased.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just so everyone is clear, there is no Xmas "event". There is only Snowmen and the killing of said Snowman. Please do not refer to last year's guides because.. well.. they're for the event last year. Not this year. 2008, not 2009. Thanks, and I hope everyone enjoys their holiday! (Except for the Snowman) b:bye
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • DredOpal - Heavens Tear
    DredOpal - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Cool - great info - Thanks!

Now, if only there WERE Xmas Trees to be found...

many ppl asking that question and no real answer so far
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    so are there any plans to impliment the trees at least? I have cards but I can't use them..
This discussion has been closed.