Phychic the god class >.>

choasjoker
choasjoker Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Psychic
Hi the residents of pwi . I have three questions which I hoping to get an answer to if I'm lucky.

First question. When I was lvl 30 I went to do an Fb29 with some high levels around 50,60, but something happen which baffled me. I know psychic hits hard yes I know but I was sure I wouldn't arggo the qingzi. Ok let me explain more clearly at qingzi the lvl 54 bm and lvl 60+ cleric were chipping off its life until it was below half then I started to attack, after I while the boss came to me it was a good thing it was about to die b:laugh. It happen again with yansheng which made me think do I hit higer than the bm and the cleric which could't be possible must have been a glitch.

Second Question. The tide born armor why has it only stopped at lvl 20, I at least thought they would make exclusive tide born armor. Cmon am I the only one that loves the look of the tide born armor.

Third Question: Is it me or psychics have faster channeling time and does relatively more damage than a wiz. When playing a wiz for the first time I was like wow, now for the tide born holy....... I thought I was hooked on wizzie but now psychic stole my heart b:dirty. Maybe am wrong I hope not, but to me psychic seem like the more enjoyable class then the wiz I mean killing almost 99% of all monsters without them touching you is a blessing.

Confucius say Psychic's RULE!
Post edited by choasjoker on

Comments

• Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:laughb:shockedb:angry

get out !
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Stop giving away our secrets. b:irritated
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • choasjoker
    edited December 2009
    Stop giving away our secrets. b:irritated

lol b:shutup
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    choasjoker wrote: »
    Hi the residents of pwi . I have three questions which I hoping to get an answer to if I'm lucky.

First question. When I was lvl 30 I went to do an Fb29 with some high levels around 50,60, but something happen which baffled me. I know psychic hits hard yes I know but I was sure I wouldn't arggo the qingzi. Ok let me explain more clearly at qingzi the lvl 54 bm and lvl 60+ cleric were chipping off its life until it was below half then I started to attack, after I while the boss came to me it was a good thing it was about to die b:laugh. It happen again with yansheng which made me think do I hit higer than the bm and the cleric which could't be possible must have been a glitch.

Second Question. The tide born armor why has it only stopped at lvl 20, I at least thought they would make exclusive tide born armor. Cmon am I the only one that loves the look of the tide born armor.

Third Question: Is it me or psychics have faster channeling time and does relatively more damage than a wiz. When playing a wiz for the first time I was like wow, now for the tide born holy....... I thought I was hooked on wizzie but now psychic stole my heart b:dirty. Maybe am wrong I hope not, but to me psychic seem like the more enjoyable class then the wiz I mean killing almost 99% of all monsters without them touching you is a blessing.

Confucius say Psychic's RULE!

1. Qingzi has 2 random aggro points in his hp where the next person to hit him gets hit. However if the 50s and 60s were good, he should've died in about 15 secs not giving you time to trigger the random aggros.

2. They're bound to have other gear/class relevant expansions in the future.

3. Early on, yes, psychic hits harder than a wiz, Wiz however I believe remains stronger than a psychic late in the game as psychic skills seem to level at a slower rate than wizard skills and unless I'm mistaken are less relative to character's actual magic attack than wizard.

So, yes, a level 30 psychic is stronger than a level 30 wizard, a level 60-70 is approx equal. Level 80+ I'm starting to feel a little weaker than a wizard, but still like I CAN potentially be a functional replacement and a stronger dd when weakening myself simultaneously.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Ziwemanon - Sanctuary
    Ziwemanon - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If Psychic is a god class then where is the goddess class? b:laugh

A god must have a goddess. b:cry
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    phy are better solo classes then mage untill the mage gets undine then mage becomes more powerful. Combined with other skills like force of will and demon skills Mages are the endgame class from hell.
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    phy are better solo classes then mage untill the mage gets undine then mage becomes more powerful. Combined with other skills like force of will and demon skills Mages are the endgame class from hell.

we has eated your elemental resistance.....
    resistance be futile.
    b:avoid
    now join us and we shall take over teh world~
    (or at least rain down pain and destruction to all heavy armor and most if not all light armor!)
    and frigging hurt other robe users.
    b:chuckle
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009

demon mages are sad, but pretty much agree with everything here.
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I'd have to leave judgement on that until all the psychic skills have been revealed. I can't seem to get any numbers short of powerleveling one to 60+ myself :/
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    I'd have to leave judgement on that until all the psychic skills have been revealed. I can't seem to get any numbers short of powerleveling one to 60+ myself :/

i should be 60 by next week.
  • Selador - Heavens Tear
    Selador - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No were not the god class. At the lower levels, we deal more dmge than most other classes but that changes in the mid levels. Since we don't have access to weapons from normal sidequests like other classes, we experience diminishing returns once our 2 main nuke spells are maxed. Meaning were fighting higher level monsters without our magic attack rising adequately.
    Heck just because I ddnt have access to weapons, I had to refine my lvl 30 soulsphere.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    No were not the god class. At the lower levels, we deal more dmge than most other classes but that changes in the mid levels. Since we don't have access to weapons from normal sidequests like other classes, we experience diminishing returns once our 2 main nuke spells are maxed. Meaning were fighting higher level monsters without our magic attack rising adequately.
    Heck just because I ddnt have access to weapons, I had to refine my lvl 30 soulsphere.

isnt there a mold weapon quest at 40 and 50 (like at 20 and 30)?
  • Selador - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Yes the token quests go in chronogical order by numbers (1 upwards). Token 3 which gives you the souldrill mold can be taken from Fushma (frostcovered grounds). Though I wasnt counting on getting a mold I got one which would help my psychic alot.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

I dont know if this is a troll or a naive person. You are using a lvl 30 weapon and saying psychics damage is bad. Also, btw, Quest weapons are ewwwwwww i dont know anyone who uses them. At your level you have 2 choices, buy a bluemoon souldrill or get a hammer and get the lvl 50 stash weapon(which also adds attack level stackable with black voodoo). Or you can craft a 45/55 weapon to use. Until you get a weapon for your level, you havent experienced the power of psychic. With my aqua impact (lvl 10) im doing 3.2k on mobs. My spirit blast is doing 3.7k. (this is with black voodoo)
  • Selador - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Hey amouriv what's wrong with you? Im just stating my experience and my opinion about psychics and you go beyond the line and start attacking me in a forum where I can't ***** slap you back? Are we 5 yr olds here? Just because I have a different experience than you, Im naive? Naive about a class in a game, and a troll at that? Please don't go there, it's not worth my time nor yours.
    Thing is I don't think psychics are a god class which you might believe. With updates in the future that might change but that's not gauranteed. I play my psychic religiously and it's my main so im not knocking on the class, Im just saying it how it is.
    And again do not be saying things I did not say. Where in my posts did I say a psychic's damage is bad? Can't find it? That's most likely because I did not make such a claim in the first place.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Hey amouriv what's wrong with you? Im just stating my experience and my opinion about psychics and you go beyond the line and start attacking me in a forum where I can't ***** slap you back? Are we 5 yr olds here? Just because I have a different experience than you, Im naive? Naive about a class in a game, and a troll at that? Please don't go there, it's not worth my time nor yours.
    Thing is I don't think psychics are a god class which you might believe. With updates in the future that might change but that's not gauranteed. I play my psychic religiously and it's my main so im not knocking on the class, Im just saying it how it is.
    And again do not be saying things I did not say. Where in my posts did I say a psychic's damage is bad? Can't find it? That's most likely because I did not make such a claim in the first place.

Psychic isnt a god class but its not a weak one either. Your experience doesnt count until you can use a weapon thats not trash, and yes the 30 mold wep is trash compared to my 43 mold weapon, the 45 npc weapon and the 50 souldisk from supply stash.
  • Selador - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Who are you to say my experience doesn't count? If that's how the world worked, then we'd be back in the dark ages. When did someone in this age get the right to invalidate another person's opinion? Just because you have the bluemoon souldrill, then youre high and mighty? I find that funny.
    Ill point it out to you again: Nobody said psychics are a weak class.
    Even with the bluemoon souldrill my opinion of the class hasn't changed.
    Maybe when you actually go on an FB or BH run without any lvl 80+ help then you'll see the current capacity of a psychic.

Here's a pic just for you putting to trash what you said about my experience not being valid because I don't have any decent weapons.
    http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4038/pic2345.jpg
  • Yllarius - Heavens Tear
    Yllarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree with Amouriv, if you arn't using a decent weapon, your not gonna have decent damage, Regardless of class.

I do agree, however that we need better access to weapons. Every other class has a smorgasbord of weapons to pool from. Assassins and Psychics got short-changed here in a way. We either get our epic weapons and **** the other classes, or we get mirages and ***** for another ten levels.

I don't mind so much, as I share orbs. I didn't get my 30 orb, so I'll borrow one from a guild mate, and if they don't get one, I'll share. Once it comes back to me, I'll either sell it or share it again.

And Psychics don't really 'lose' power when the first two nukes are maxed. Notice if you hover over that skill it syas x% of weapon damage? We're still getting damage, and some skills (I know our sand dot) does MORE (110% ect.)

Stop ******** about whether we're OP or UP. We arn't, it's just different nd your not used to the change.

EDIT: That look suspiciously like my level 30 rank armor/leggings your wearing....
  • Selador - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Yes as I mentioned before, it doesn't help that because we don't have access to weapons like other classes our main offensive skills doesn't reach its potential.
    And my armor is indeed the rank 1 arcane armor, I don't see the need for change plus I don't have the funds to make molded armors. Besides I think that psychics thrive on distance and not on up close battles, hence we use arcane armors which has negligible defense.
    But were getting sidetracked here in that some people aren't addressing the Thread Starter's query.

Edit: Btw did you read Aneurysmal's opinion and experiences on his psychic? He makes good points on the psychic class and has valid suggestions to improve the class. Him being more experienced than most psychics in our server.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Who are you to say my experience doesn't count? If that's how the world worked, then we'd be back in the dark ages. When did someone in this age get the right to invalidate another person's opinion? Just because you have the bluemoon souldrill, then youre high and mighty? I find that funny.
    Ill point it out to you again: Nobody said psychics are a weak class.
    Even with the bluemoon souldrill my opinion of the class hasn't changed.
    Maybe when you actually go on an FB or BH run without any lvl 80+ help then you'll see the current capacity of a psychic.

Here's a pic just for you putting to trash what you said about my experience not being valid because I don't have any decent weapons.

unsharded and unrefined.....that weapon can last you until 60 if its +3 with an average sapphire. Dont forget +mag atk gets multiplied by your mag stat, so adding a sapphire is gonna add quite a bit of damage if you are pure mag.
  • nicoback
    nicoback Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Why so much vit? Are you deliberately trying to nerf your damage?
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    nicoback wrote: »

This may be harshly stated, but is essentially correct. On my robe classes, i always avoid putting ANY points into vit, as points put there can't be put into magic, and, in my opinion at least, defeats the purpose of an arcane DD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • choasjoker
    edited December 2009
    Tension here Tension there. Wow my little post stirs a storm, and also everybody has there own style of play. I understand that if your gonna be pure then putting vit into the equation totally defeats the purpose. Like I said everybody has there own style of play so judging him isn't necessary b:pleased. Also is it me or does this expansion seems to left out certain things for example

-Shouldn't the auctioneer have a space for Tide weapons,armors,ornaments etc.
    -I still say Tide should have exclusive armor why stop at lvl 20?
    -Once I heard the word "Expansion and new characters" you would expect the whole package that comes with it not something half assed. b:sad
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    demon is the far superior cultivation. better damage dealing, channeling, and controlling of the enemy; because wizards totally dont need any of those, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    demon is the far superior cultivation. better damage dealing, channeling, and controlling of the enemy; because wizards totally dont need any of those, right?

ya wizards dont need any of those. sage offers most of those things too and a +30% skill, but we can talk about this in PMs, not in here.
  • $Dominator$ - Sanctuary
    $Dominator$ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    How can i get tasses of aries armor im lvl 54 im on sanctury and im in game name is $Dominator$ so plz contact me plz
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    How can i get tasses of aries armor im lvl 54 im on sanctury and im in game name is $Dominator$ so plz contact me plz

OK, wtf?

necro
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    dunno how you can call 27 vit a waste when you don t even know if most of it is gear bonus or not, and anyway you ll need vit for later lvl , except if you want to follow the "pure" build (that in my point of vue isn t realistic) and die as soon as you get stun. Doubt everyone can go with high refine and high grade hp shards to keep up the hp.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    oh my...stop necro damn it >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    nicoback wrote: »

i was reffering to the above post not a necro b:beg
This discussion has been closed.