Sage or Demon in a "Pickle"

Options
_Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
_Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Venomancer
So, i was so set on going sage for soul degen...but it only comes at 92 and i dont know if i can be bothered to level to 92 lol...and i love demon ironwoods armor break, but then again there is myriad, i dunno what to dob:sad
TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A lot of other Sage Veno skills are pretty decent, but are more squad focused. Downside? Expensive as all hell.

Demon Veno skills in general are far more accessible and more useful for a solo veno, but have fewer really good skills. They are much cheaper and more accessible though. Ironwood is also replacable with Myriad, but its raw damage output is scary. (you DO lose a guaranteed Phys debuff for a 20% chance at Phys Def Break sadly)

I'm going for Sage, since they have more useful skills in general... and yes, Soul Degenerate. If you play your veno regularly I'm sure you'll hit 92 in a few weeks easily.
  • Cochiti - Heavens Tear
    Cochiti - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ironwood is also replacable with Myriad, but its raw damage output is scary. (you DO lose a guaranteed Phys debuff for a 20% chance at Phys Def Break sadly)

I disagree. Ironwood cannot be replaced with Myriad because the chances of getting a break are equally low and they do not last long enough. And it's not that much of a loss to trade 40% debuff for a full break and, trust me, you hit that break more often than you think it will hit.
    I'm going for Sage, since they have more useful skills in general... and yes, Soul Degenerate. If you play your veno regularly I'm sure you'll hit 92 in a few weeks easily.

Good luck. I do not like Sage Venos except for one because I know how he works and we get our debuffs going at the same time and he watches out for my breaks. Sage Veno seems more like a cop out and I generally dislike Sage Venos, but that's because most of them don't know diddly about using their skills appropriately anyway. There's more to picking Sage or Demon based off of one or two skills. But hey, look at the bright side, the Anni Packs are back (yet again) and so the tokens will be cheap as dirt and we can get our skills good and cheap again.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I disagree. Ironwood cannot be replaced with Myriad because the chances of getting a break are equally low and they do not last long enough. And it's not that much of a loss to trade 40% debuff for a full break and, trust me, you hit that break more often than you think it will hit.

Good luck. I do not like Sage Venos except for one because I know how he works and we get our debuffs going at the same time and he watches out for my breaks. Sage Veno seems more like a cop out and I generally dislike Sage Venos, but that's because most of them don't know diddly about using their skills appropriately anyway. There's more to picking Sage or Demon based off of one or two skills. But hey, look at the bright side, the Anni Packs are back (yet again) and so the tokens will be cheap as dirt and we can get our skills good and cheap again.
    talk about biased BS, sage is far from a copout. to me, demon is so unreliable, and most of its moves just result in quick get aways, allowing them to be yet another idiot phoenix abuser.

sage on the other hand makes a great improvement on our commonly used moves. it works out this way with pretty much all classes where its improvements on our skills vs adverse random effects, that can yield some nice damage. the only thing is, i think this leans more in favor of sages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol @ demon skills are better for solo venos.

Demon bramble, demon amp, demon wood debuff (for other party venos), demon nova, demon lending spark (basically most of your core party skills) are all more party friendly then their sage counterparts.

SD is seriously overrated as usual; there is a whole other class which can do just that, and its more then likely (unless you're a solo veno) you're going to have an archer in your party, especially at endgame tasks. Failing that your genie can reduce max hp to some extent.

"ironwood can be replaced by meryaid" - its not like demon venos can't get this skill aswell; demon venos get 3 armour break skills with one being a cheap spamable; sage gets 2 expensive ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I've posted this before so I won't do the calcs again. A % debuff does not translate proportionately the same amount of extra damage every time, so there's no one answer to whether sage or demon is better. On average, against low pdef targets (most PvE mobs have low pdef), the 40% debuff of sage allows more damage than a 20% chance at an armor break. Against high pdef targets (i.e. most PvP opponents), the opposite is true and demon does more damage on average.

I prefer not to think of it as a 40% debuff vs. a 20% chance at armor break. I prefer to think of it as demon Ironwood getting a 20% chance at armor break, and trading off the guaranteed 30% phys debuff of Ironwood for a 30% wood debuff on Venomous. So to me, the demon version of the basic 3 skills (fox form, Ironwood, Venomous) favor caster venos. The sage versions favor fox venos (fox form has additional pdef and accuracy, Ironwood's longer duration lets you cast then switch to fox form to melee, Venomous lets you spam spells when needed without giving up the extra chi-generation of melee).

Paradoxically, sage triple spark gives a higher magic attack bonus, while Demon triple spark gives a higher melee attack bonus. The sage/demon skills were not made so that one is "better" for certain builds. They are just a mish-mash of different capabilities. Some caster skills have better sage versions, some have better demon versions. Some fox skills have better demon versions, some have better sage versions. It's entirely up to you to decide which ones you like better.
    axt57 wrote: »
    SD is seriously overrated as usual; there is a whole other class which can do just that, and its more then likely (unless you're a solo veno) you're going to have an archer in your party, especially at endgame tasks. Failing that your genie can reduce max hp to some extent.
    Sage Soul Degen gives a 20% hp debuff. The archer version tops out at 16%, unless the archer goes sage, which almost no archer does because they're focused so much on crits. The genie version tops out at around 10%, though realistically you'll have a hard time getting it higher than 5%.
  • axt57
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think there is a lvl100 archer skill that gives 18% hp reduction, both sage and demon.

And demon spark is better with its lower mgk damage due to crit chance. If the dmg was high, combine that with high endgame crit and it would be OP and a total agro magnet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    And demon spark is better with its lower mgk damage due to crit chance.
    No it's not. A 1% increase in crit chance translates into a less than 1% increase in average damage. For a typical arcane build, sage triple spark will have about a 16% magic attack advantage over demon triple spark. And AFAIK no demon caster skills come anywhere close to adding a 16% crit chance.

The only place where crits are an advantage is in PvP, when you're trying to punch through someone's charm. And even there, a hypothetical 5% vs. 10% crit chance means demon only has an advantage in 1 in 20 attacks. (The biggest advantage would actually be if demon fox wallop hit its 20% chance to crit all attacks for 5 sec.)

I appreciate that you really like the demon skills. It has some nice skills in it, which clearly make it superior in certain situations. But please try to keep things balanced. Demon is not better at everything overall like you seem to be trying to imply. The developers did a pretty good job mixing things up so you're forced to make some hard choices.
  • axt57
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I did not say demon spark is better then sage. I said its better with low dmg; ie the way it is.

If you go demon and go full crit you would (aside from being OP) have serious issues with agro if the mgk damage was 900%.

Also I only counter the other bias in this thread; sage and demon for veno are both very well balanced; so much so that I don't think anyone has ever proven that one is flatout better then the other. I'll only keep things balanced if travlerian or w/e that troll's name is does so aswell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I did not say demon spark is better then sage. I said its better with low dmg; ie the way it is.

I see. My mistake then, and my apologies. b:thanks
  • Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

If you go demon and go full crit you would (aside from being OP) have serious issues with agro if the mgk damage was 900%.

Also I only counter the other bias in this thread; sage and demon for veno are both very well balanced; so much so that I don't think anyone has ever proven that one is flatout better then the other. I'll only keep things balanced if travlerian or w/e that troll's name is does so aswell.

Well said. b:laugh

I apologise if I was speaking out of context in my first post. All things considered, demon and sage skills are roughly equal in terms of usefulness, but there will always be a few 'tie breakers' that I take into consideration. To me, I considered Demon Bramble, Ironwood and Venomous. For Sage, Soul Degenerate, Noxious Gas, Amplify Damage and several fox skills.

Since I frequently play with my RL friends, and we squad a lot, we have a pretty good idea of how to work together, hence why Sage was a winner. It's easier to coordinate for better results in my case.

So to wit; this is purely my opinion, but Sages work better in squads overall. Of course if you have a Demon/Sage pairing (a friend uses a Demon Veno) that negates all worries. b:victory
  • axt57
    edited December 2009
    Options
    "Sage work better in squads overall" - I disagree, but to each thier own. Also:

If you have a well co-ordinated team, demon amp is be a better choice. Lasts longer so your squad can throw more skills in (especially if they know its coming and time their skills well), also due to its longer length crits under amp are more likely.

Just one of the benefits of demon veno in a good squad.

But the game breaker for me is the demon nova; huge damage, seal and amp. Squads love it when I pull it off, especially in RB Delta where Chi is no issue; it is king. Shame its damn expensive to get.

Oh I forgot to mention purge; demon purge is better for squad work because its got a lower CD and therefore you can debuff those bosses that bit quicker. I don't think there are many cases where the AoE purge of the sage veno is better in PvE; in fact I can't really think of one off the top of my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cochiti - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you have a well co-ordinated team, demon amp is be a better choice. Lasts longer so your squad can throw more skills in (especially if they know its coming and time their skills well), also due to its longer length crits under amp are more likely.

Just one of the benefits of demon veno in a good squad.

Here here!b:victory I, in no way, meant that Sage Venos are bad. I prefer to work solo or with people I know can do their job well. I have only worked with one Sage Veno very well in tandem, but only one. Demon Amp for the win, I love it on my veno. b:victory
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Here here!b:victory I, in no way, meant that Sage Venos are bad. I prefer to work solo or with people I know can do their job well. I have only worked with one Sage Veno very well in tandem, but only one. Demon Amp for the win, I love it on my veno. b:victory
    demon amp's damage difference is less than 1% higher than sage, therefore is not ftw :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Cochiti - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    demon amp's damage difference is less than 1% higher than sage, therefore is not ftw :P.

Definitely for the win, it lasts longer. Sage gets jipped.

Demon Amp - 25% for 26 seconds
    Sage Amp - 30% for 20 seconds

Demon Bramble - 75% for 15min
    Sage Bramble - 60% for 20min

Jipped. I was surprised the first time I used Demon Bramble and didn't realize the time was longer. Then I was mad because I get both an increase in time as well as increased reflect. What do the Sage Venos get? An extra five minutes... Fail. Same goes for Amp. I get both a 5% increase and a time increase. What does the Sage Veno get? A 5% increase. I mean if my skills can pretty much keep pace with a Sage in that regard, that's ... I can't find a good word to describe how I find this.

The fact that it's even higher than the Sage output makes it even better. :P Thanks for letting me know.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok well i made my decision and went sage...but am only half way through the culti b:surrender
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The fact that it's even higher than the Sage output makes it even better. :P Thanks for letting me know.
    It's higher if there's only one veno. If there are two venos taking turns amping, the Sage version yields about 1.5%-2% more damage. Overall I consider the Sage version better though since I usually stack Rainbow and Extreme Poison on top of the Amp to make maximum use of it. The extra 5% thus gets leveraged into an extra 7%-10%, more than enough to offset the extra 6 sec of the demon version.

I do agree the demon Bramble is simply better all-around.
  • Cochiti - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's higher if there's only one veno. If there are two venos taking turns amping, the Sage version yields about 1.5%-2% more damage. Overall I consider the Sage version better though since I usually stack Rainbow and Extreme Poison on top of the Amp to make maximum use of it. The extra 5% thus gets leveraged into an extra 7%-10%, more than enough to offset the extra 6 sec of the demon version.

I do agree the demon Bramble is simply better all-around.

I like having a second veno in a squad just to keep the Amp continuous if we can get it timed right. I also like to drop Myriad and EP when I Amp. The more room to get more damage in with a full squad or even one DD the better. I'm an impatient person and like things to die quickly so I can go kill the next thing.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    1% is not that high. its so negligible its not even worth considering for the argument.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    edited December 2009
    Options

Are you saying that there are 2 sage venos amping in that case to get that 1.5-2%? Amping itself takes time; 2 demon venos can amp less often and therefore spam more DD, did you take that into account? And the wood debuff the demon venos have to help DD in those cases?

7%-10% more - are you inlcuding the same stack for the demon version in making that statement? And do you include the fact that you can stack said skills for longer with demon amp? Fox rainbow's CD is 20 seconds, instant channel, demon amp lasts 26 seconds. EP has a CD of 1 second, so you can spam it throughout the whole amp.

"1% is not that high. its so negligible its not even worth considering for the argument."

I'm getting mighty tired of people throwing random % about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    its solandri's math, its upto him whether he wants to shove it in your face to prove you wrong lol. it's not a mighty percent, tis just reference to math done in previous threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't want to get caught up here too much, so I won't voice my opinion on everything being said, but I do agree that going sage/demon on a veno has pretty much equal advantages and I believe it should be based on your build and playstyle more than anything else. I am a sage venomancer and I find the skills wonderful even at 90 when I can't get some of the truly good ones such as sage soul degeneration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Are you saying that there are 2 sage venos amping in that case to get that 1.5-2%? Amping itself takes time; 2 demon venos can amp less often and therefore spam more DD, did you take that into account?
    I assumed sage/demon Amp + regular level 10 amp. That's the equal 2-veno scenario which favors demon the most.

Sage: (.3*20 sec + .2*10 sec) / 31.5 sec (including channel time) = 25.4% amp damage average
    Demon: (.25*26 + .2*4) / 31.5 = 23.2% amp damage average

In this case, everyone always has to amp every 31.5 sec to maximize Amp effectiveness.

The equal scenario which favors sage the most is two sage vs. two demon. 28.9% vs. 24.3%. I suppose here you're right and Sage would have to Amp every 40 sec. vs. demon Amping every 52 sec. That's 6.75% of the time spent amping vs. 5.2% of the time, for a net difference of 1.55% in veno damage in favor of demon. But it's still not enough to offset the 4.6% difference in Amp damage in favor of sage for the entire party.
    And the wood debuff the demon venos have to help DD in those cases?
    That's a huge advantage of demon which most people seem to forget. But since it's spammable with 100% coverage, I leave it out of this type of analysis. You can handle it independently of everything else (like Amp). It's easy enough to factor in afterward depending on your build (I melee most of the time so wouldn't gain much benefit from it) and party composition. Only venos and to a lesser extent barbs benefit from it. All melee classes, archers, and clerics benefit from the higher average effectiveness of sage Ironwood in PvE.
    7%-10% more - are you inlcuding the same stack for the demon version in making that statement?
    Yes. And just to be clear, I meant 7%-10% more for sage vs. 5% more for demon. The variability is due to different pdef among different mobs.
    And do you include the fact that you can stack said skills for longer with demon amp? Fox rainbow's CD is 20 seconds, instant channel, demon amp lasts 26 seconds. EP has a CD of 1 second, so you can spam it throughout the whole amp.
    Unless you've got a super genie, the limiting factor in this case is going to be how often you can spam Extreme Poison (about every 29 sec for a 45 mag genie, IIRC past this point the trade-offs favor extra dex for longer duration instead of more mag for extra spamability). So the extra duration of demon Amp doesn't change things (its advantage/disadvantage is the same as the only-Amp case).

If you include Ironwood, it actually becomes worse for demon (for PvE). Like I said before, against low defense targets like PvE, sage Ironwood's debuff ends up allowing you to do more damage on average than demon Ironwood. Picking a 2-3 boss at random, Feng has 2011 pdef. That's a nominal 64% damage transmitted (pet damage seems to ignore level effects).

Sage Ironwood: .6*2011 = 1207 pdef. That's a nominal 75% damage transmitted, or a 10% increase in physical damage.

Demon Ironwood: .8*2011 pdef + .2*armor break = .8*64% + .2*100% = average 71% damage transmitted, or a 7% increase in physical damage.

It's the high pdef targets where demon Ironwood really shines. Sadly, they are far and few between in PvE.

Stacking doesn't matter since you can keep Ironwood applied 100% of the time.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm getting mighty tired of people throwing random % about.

Solandri's post has all the math but it's not a random number. It's rounded off a little but it's not random.
  • axt57
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Solandri's post has all the math but it's not a random number. It's rounded off a little but it's not random.

solandris math posts all involve perfect situations in which all parties seem to function like bots and work in milliseconds, which never happens in PWI. Every single "analysis" misses out inconsistencies like lag and player skill. These gaping holes makes such calculations nearly pointless if you wish to apply them in reality - yet she/he applies them to his arguments regardless. (Unless its %, like she/he loves to point out at every given opportunity, but even then I'm not so sure anymore - PWI's random number generator can be pretty strange sometimes, as has been brought up in the general discussion)

Maths can only go so far.

The fact that she/he is subtly biased towards sage (like missing out wood debuff in the "analysis") and a bizarre playstyle she/he follows don't really help it either. So I consider them almost pointless to such discussions. Its a shame that others, mostly sage venos like yourself and waffletroll and that tweaks take it all in and then churn it out in other threads.

Instead of applying maths to everything, I speak from experience. Since this is what actually happens, I'd think its far more useful to other players, rather then number crunching for perfect situations. However I only speak for the demon side of things so naturally I'll always sound biased to demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    solandris math posts all involve perfect situations in which all parties seem to function like bots and work in milliseconds, which never happens in PWI. Every single "analysis" misses out inconsistencies like lag and player skill. These gaping holes makes such calculations nearly pointless if you wish to apply them in reality - yet she/he applies them to his arguments regardless.
    I'm an engineer by trade. The idea is to come up with mathematical models for the bounding cases (best-case or worst-case scenarios). Those bounding cases need to be carefully selected so in RL practical applications, you do not exceed them. i.e. I didn't randomly pick the no-lag "function like bots" scenario for the analysis. I picked it because it established one endpoint (the "perfect" case). The other endpoint (the no-Amp case) is obvious what the result will be. Once you have the two endpoints established, it's trivial to draw a line between them to cover every case in between.

If you have one veno Amping, all other things being equal, the demon version will allow more damage than the sage version. If you have two venos Amping, all other things being equal, the sage version will allow more damage than the demon version.

As for lag, it doesn't really affect the comparison. I can show why mathematically, but you seem to dislike it when I show math. So I'll only show it if you want to see why. b:chuckle I didn't mention this because it didn't contradict what my analysis showed, and I thought it was extraneous information. But just because I don't type something up doesn't mean I haven't thought of it.
    The fact that she/he is subtly biased towards sage (like missing out wood debuff in the "analysis")
    I didn't miss it. I mentioned it in my very first post in this topic, post #6.

I try my hardest not to bias my posts. Yes I'm going sage, but that's because my veno plays as heavy fox most of the time. I'm actually neutral on which Amp is better - it wasn't a factor in my decision to go sage. I just felt the comparison of Amp based on a single veno left out a significant fraction of real-world situations. So I brought up the 2-veno scenario (see below for why).

The reason I left the wood debuff out of the Amp comparison is because it can be kept up 100% of the time, meaning it can be considered independently of other effects like Amp. If the wood debuff lets you do 10% more damage, then you can simply take all the Amp stuff I calculated and add 10% to the solo demon's damage output.

But including the wood debuff with Amp limits that entire analysis to a solo veno. The Amp calcs on their own are applicable to solo caster venos, fox venos, and groups with non-venos. It makes no sense to limit it to only solo venos by including the wood debuff, when the wood debuff can be factored in independently by anyone who wishes to consider a solo demon veno.

Same goes for lots of other skills like sage Soul Degen. Its effect can be considered independently, so I don't artificially limit the applicability of the Amp analysis by including it. Extreme Poison can't be kept up 100% of the time, so when you use it actually makes a difference. Which is why I brought it up.
    and a bizarre playstyle she/he follows don't really help it either. So I consider them completely pointless to such discussions; if anything I'd call it some sort of weird way of trolling. Its a shame that others, mostly sage venos like yourself and waffletroll and that tweaks take it all in and then churn it out in other threads.

Instead of applying maths to everything, I speak from experience. Since this is what actually happens, I'd think its far more useful to other players, rather then number crunching for perfect situations. However I only speak for the demon side of things so naturally I'll always sound biased to demon.
    I speak from experience too. Venos are so common that 2+ venos in a group is the norm for me, not the exception. So I felt a comparison of sage vs. demon Amp based on a veno soloing was not representative of real-world scenarios. In fact, if I'm soloing, I'm often spam-healing most of the time when Amp would be useful, so can't even use it.

Qualitative reports of effectiveness are great for coming up with new and different strategies. But when you want to compare two different things, you need a quantitative analysis. The only way to compare sage vs. demon qualitatively is by playing two venos, one sage and one demon. I suspect there's an exceedingly small number of people who've done that.
  • axt57
    edited December 2009
    Options
    An engieneer? Do you erect dispencers and build sentries? TF2 jokes aside, you must be pretty good engineer if you find the time to take games this seriously.

In any case I notice that you have not yet gone sage/demon. If that is so then you have no real experience and simply function by drawing lines between your endpoints to make theoretical conclusions.

Might I add that, realistically, having 2 venos with sage (or even demon) amp can be hard to come by; since sage amp has a hefty price tag unless you get lucky; demon amp seems somewhat cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    An engieneer? Do you erect dispencers and build sentries? TF2 jokes aside, you must be pretty good engineer if you find the time to take games this seriously.
    It's all a matter of what you find enjoyable about the game. Some people enjoy leveling and getting stuff. I enjoy figuring stuff out. I've been playing since last November, and my main is only up to level 88. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some Tideborn characters who've already passed me in levels.
    In any case I notice that you have not yet gone sage/demon. If that is so then you have no real experience and simply function by drawing lines between your endpoints to make theoretical conclusions.
    The vast majority of sage/demon skills simply have more damage, bigger effects, different durations/cooldowns, or add effects I've experienced with other classes or genies. Very few effects are new and need to be experienced in person to fully appreciate (e.g. purify from sage Sprint, 5 sec of all crits from demon Fox Wallop).
    Might I add that, realistically, having 2 venos with sage (or even demon) amp can be hard to come by; since sage amp has a hefty price tag unless you get lucky; demon amp seems somewhat cheaper.
    Yeah, the last poll I saw had venos going sage by a 3:1 margin, so the demon skills are cheaper.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm an engineer by trade.
    reroll an archer, theyre all into heavy math majors and the like, theyd enjoy your company on their sub boards b:chuckles
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I haven't really noticed a difference in prices for the non fb89 drops. I think there'll be the same ratio of people who buy all the skills for either one making them equally available to the non all in one buyers?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    reroll an archer, theyre all into heavy math majors and the like, theyd enjoy your company on their sub boards b:chuckles
    I normally play an archer in MMOs. b:laugh In most other games they are more jack of all trades - able to do both ranged and melee damage. Sometimes they can even cast magic (ranger or bard types). Here, the veno was the jack of all trades, so that's what I picked. You guys are stuck with me.
    tweakz wrote: »
    I haven't really noticed a difference in prices for the non fb89 drops. I think there'll be the same ratio of people who buy all the skills for either one making them equally available to the non all in one buyers?
    Good point. Most of the skills I've been seeing are 89 drops, with a few from FB99. Honestly, I don't know what the availability would do to the prices for the non-drop skills. The whole market for these skills is messed up anyway. I've gotten 3 sage wood mastery, but its sell price does not offset the loss you take from selling the other less desirable skills. Basically I'm burning millions of coin on mysterious pages trying to get Amp and Blazing (the only 89 skills made from pages that I'm missing).