wow Barbs are becoming more and more scarce with the new classes

13»

Comments

• DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    that's not my point.

here IS my point:

find a lvl 19 bm that can tank fb19; find a 29 that can tank fb29; etc. I haven't seen one yet. in higher levels, sure they can, but barbs are capable of it MUCH earlier (I had a lvl 10 tanking 18s, my lvl 20 can tank 30s)

umm.. your kidding on the bm cant tank a fb19 right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barbs are not becoming more and more scarse ppl are becoming more and more afraid therefore, barbs are hiding behind alts. Like other classes some high lvl brbs are becoming more and more greedy, self-centered, and egotistic so individuals are finding ways to do without them.

Because of the lies high lvl's have spreaded about low lvl's (not being able to perform adaquately) others will not accept their help.

If this problem is not resolved soon PWI will be left in the dust losing funds and players Because individuals will seek other rpgs to replace them and take their friends, family, and associates with them.

Not to worry they will have a server full of theives, liers, manipulators, and ingame hackers. b:sad

Or, some enterprising players will make barbs. I guarantee you someone could make a fortune on a barb on DW. Level it to 85, pick up gold TT gear and do nothing but gamma. Funnel all exp earned into genies, demand payment in charms or repair costs for tanking (there's few enough barbs doing gamma that you'll get it). You would make a very nice amount of coin.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oooh! Gimme a PM in game. I got some aggression to take out on those guys, and if you can find a way to get the two of them apart that I can learn I'll love you forever.

actually.. its quite simple to do so. as a veno, you have it even easier so long as you have a decent water pet that can take a hit or two (level up a level 4 whirler turtle with tough = ftw). You can pull DoD away from manta that way I'd assume. But I did it with extreme poison. EP does good at pulling adds away from bosses without getting the bosses attention. I just swam around and around till I was close enough to DoD to hit it with EP - but was still well out of mantavips range.

I figured that when I got quest for DoD, it was easier to pull mantavip's one DoD add, and fight it - than it would be to pull a bunch of mermaids from the other one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barbs were already scarce to start out with. Only those who did not learn to adapt and use a diff. method are the ones that are suffering right now. Same with rebirth barbs, pple rely too much on rebirth to lvl now.

*awaits the age of scarce clerics...* b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barbs were already scarce to start out with. Only those who did not learn to adapt and use a diff. method are the ones that are suffering right now. Same with rebirth barbs, pple rely too much on rebirth to lvl now.

*awaits the age of scarce clerics...* b:chuckle

lol, they already are. I rolled one up to level 30 - then I said "WHOA".. put that on hold young grass hopper. mana is expensive in the upper levels. I don't have the RL money to throw into charms for doing TT everyday like I used to do with my veno, like I would do with my barb if I could find a cleric easily for it.

heck - every class seems to be scarce when its the one you're lookin' for. Dunno how many times I wanted to have a veno in group with me and way laid the start of an instance, since I was partied with people that I knew would constantly attack stuff I hadn't aggro'd yet. Even in BH runs.. I dunno what it is about wizards with a god complex.. think they'll be fine to solo a mob, then they learn better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yuppers those mean barbs always like to hide from people

ummm...oops :D
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Jaberwachy - Heavens Tear
    Jaberwachy - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Here i come to save the day, Wait. Hold on I gotta go do that thing for a few hours. Maybe ill tank when i get back. Then again im gonna lvl a TB then tank after that aww darn i forgot i have to have dinner I'll tank after dinner i promise. Ooops sorry about that dinner was great by the way but after dinner started playing the tideborn again Psychics are fun hehehe. Anyway maybe I'll tank again when the psychic losses its fun factorb:bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Here i come to save the day, Wait. Hold on I gotta go do that thing for a few hours. Maybe ill tank when i get back. Then again im gonna lvl a TB then tank after that aww darn i forgot i have to have dinner I'll tank after dinner i promise. Ooops sorry about that dinner was great by the way but after dinner started playing the tideborn again Psychics are fun hehehe. Anyway maybe I'll tank again when the psychic losses its fun factorb:bye.
    yep this is the norm D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    imo i didnt want to be a barb because of the art for it b:shutup. it looked so b:spit. i'm sure maybe other players felt that way and didnt roll one.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Theres has always been a lack of barbs at higher lvls, which really isn't that weird since there are many different classes and barb isn't the most popular one lol. Most likely since its the hardest class to lvl up.

People have to realize tho that you don't need a barb for everything. Only thing i can think of that actually requires a barb is full run of Rebirth.

You can do fb69, 79, 89, and 99 without barb just fine. You can do most TT w/o barb as well. I even do 100+ Nirvana without barb. Ive done Frost and do most my BH100 without a barb.

Barbs are actually not needed at high lvls to do instances b/c people have so much hp from gear anyway. You can use a wizard or archer to tank ranged or magic stuff and bm/herc for mele bosses. All tho having a barb makes it easier and safer of course, but you kinda have to learn to play the game without them since there is 20 DDs per 1 tank.

And im guessing with the new classes out there will be like 30 DDs per 1 barb pretty soon.
  • Anna_Sweg - Harshlands
    Anna_Sweg - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Similarly by the time I've single handedly half cleared an FB, they finally show up with wine. If they'd put less coin into teleporting and helped: we'd have been done already. But NO, it HAS to be wined!

We wait in squad for 30m while someone spams WC for Barb for FF/FC. We end up with low level barb that fails on multi target aggro, ignores bishops on that boss, ignorantly tanks the main boss in the prison, etc just so we can have barb buffs from a Barb that could be better used elsewhere. I end up letting some **** tank that boss while I deal with bishops that are popping up 2 at a time now and they think I'm the bad guy.

*Need High level Cleric, Barb, and DDs for Jaden Qingfu Plox!

Wines? What are Wines?
  • Smokesalot - Heavens Tear
    Smokesalot - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    plenty of barbs on this server.

make a barb if you really care.

otherwise, sucks to be u guys.
  • Reno - Harshlands
    Reno - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That's cause playing a barb is suuuuper dull.

ummmm no. if anything wizards are dull cause you spent most of your time dead >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree here b:surrender Its scaring me when I go to the City of the Lost now..

Where have all my fuzzy pandas gone?! b:cry
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Mlke - Lost City
    Mlke - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    BARBS UNITE!

i suggest KOS all white named fish people..

and make a sum sort of ''Un-nerf'' for barbs maby improve 1 or 2 stats maby add a skill so more people would want to play barbs and then we can return to being top dawg and every one will be happy with there fuzzy freinds :)