Assassins Invisibilty (Shadow Walk)

Comments

• Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear
    Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This is like the 10th moron thats compared it shadow walk to other classes.

Errrrrr I can blaze through my mana to by using skills/macros.

It shouldn't tick while invis, if your gonna cry about "oh ittle make sins overpowered" erm...they can stay invis by using pots, so wtf is the point anyway? noobs.

Pretty little flame we have here... but thank you i can warm myself in that cold night.b:thanks b:chuckle
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Umm yeah this skill needs to be sorted out.

24Mana per second? After 10 seconds my mana is gone, and why is there even a useage per second? Can it not just be 100 mana cost, thats it?

I will not get deeper on this LOL

Why have mana costs at all? MP charm pretty much solves all the mana problems out there, so what's the point? Why have SP? People end up getting all the skills anyway, just let them get it all at once. Why have coins? Just give people free items, they'll just get money to buy them anyway. Why have levels? People just level up anyway.

And the list goes on. Your "rationale" for eliminating the mana tick is illogical and irrational.

It's not supposed to be a skill where you click it and go "okay, ill just be permanently invisible". You're supposed to use your thinking capabilities to use it in strategically advantageous capacities.

Why shouldn't we compare this skill to another? You seem rather silly suggesting that a 24 mp/sec cost is even comparable to an archer's barrage tick of over 100mp/sec. So unless you're willing to, and I quote you, "Go further on this" and enlighten us with your undeniable logic, I'm afraid you're losing this argument.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This is like the 10th moron thats compared it shadow walk to other classes.

Errrrrr I can blaze through my mana to by using skills/macros.

It shouldn't tick while invis, if your gonna cry about "oh ittle make sins overpowered" erm...they can stay invis by using pots, so wtf is the point anyway? noobs.

Then use pots. Problem solved.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009

24Mana per second? After 10 seconds my mana is gone, and why is there even a useage per second? Can it not just be 100 mana cost, thats it?

...im a bm with 5 magic. my equipment gives me way more than 24 per second. actually, that seems to low in my opinion. too maintainable
  • Avalon - Raging Tide
    Avalon - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    l2usemanacharm

kthxbai
  • Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
    edited December 2009
    That's becuz they dont't want to make assasin OP...kinda LOGICAL...
    If u had the time of ur life when going invis, ur a ninja, not an assasin, u could **** a whole TW by urself probably....
  • u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    24Mana per second? After 10 seconds my mana is gone

I can't belive this thread went this far. I mean, just read the quote, do some math. What the f...
  • Trancesend - Harshlands
    Trancesend - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if its 24mana per sec, not some 5%, then the skill is OP lol, for example 2400 mana assasin can be stealt for 100 seconds, now thats alot of time u can light a sigar in that time + go smoke it, include spirit charm and assasin can be stealth forever whit cheap cost...
    pvp will be like= 3 assasin comign out of stealth, gangign 1 person, assasins go back to stealth, and theres nothign other classes can do? isnt that lame?
  • Madnezz - Raging Tide
    Madnezz - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if its 24mana per sec, not some 5%, then the skill is OP lol, for example 2400 mana assasin can be stealt for 100 seconds, now thats alot of time u can light a sigar in that time + go smoke it, include spirit charm and assasin can be stealth forever whit cheap cost...
    pvp will be like= 3 assasin comign out of stealth, gangign 1 person, assasins go back to stealth, and theres nothign other classes can do? isnt that lame?

Well.. like the class name says i think thats the general idea of the assassin^^
    and this isnt lame, it makes pk just more thriling.
    cuz now u have to think before atacking b:chuckle

u can make them visible with aoe or by using another sin with sharp observer.

so dont QQ just because u cant pk b:laugh
  • WarsouI - Sanctuary
    WarsouI - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    level 30 pot ftw, keeps mana full 4ever, at max lvl of stealth u might only need a few lvl 20~lvl 10 pots Rofl.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    All threads are going to be locked or moved to the correct section. If you do not post in the appropriate section your thread may be locked. This is being enforced due to the influx of threads being placed incorrectly. b:victory
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the op of this thread is just a moron and a troll =x couldn't you of just locked it rather than move it lolol
  • Slnnz - Harshlands
    Slnnz - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Now, I haven't seen shadow walk in PvP yet, but if it works the way I think it does, it is well worth the (minuscule) mana drain. If no one can target you while it's active, you're effectively invincible, unless you carelessly step into an AoE. Since there are no non-target AoE spells that deal damage, you have more of an advantage than in other games, where someone could just nuke the ground if you get close.

Being nigh invincible until you attack? In my opinion, it's too powerful, and the mana drain should be increased.

Is this true? I was wondering about that. Like if someone already has you targeted and you use stealth, they'd just lose your targ? b:question
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Is this true? I was wondering about that. Like if someone already has you targeted and you use stealth, they'd just lose your targ? b:question

that is something i really need to test D: hard to find coop-operative people under my level thou lolol
  • Mer_Lina - Sanctuary
    Mer_Lina - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Seriously people. Not sure if anyone else posted this solution but, here is my 2 cents.

Since this skill can only be used while out of combat, use a focus powder on yourself and you can use this skill with no problem.
    25mana per second? no problems, the powder gives you 50 mana per second for 10 mins.

Only time this skill might be useful as far as I can see is when you want to avoid aggro of equal or low level mobs, PvP, and TW. For everyday use, like grinding... unless.
  • Magicgerbil - Harshlands
    Magicgerbil - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok... so to clear this up... Lusca, the person targeting does lose track of you, along with your dot on the map, your name under the squad find menu, and even the name above your head... they cannot see anything you do...

And Mer_Lina i know you meant this specific skill, but we can go Stealth using Shadow Escape... it's basically the same skill =P

Also, i'm pretty sure that using Lion's Roar... or w/e the BM aoe stun is might bring you out of stealth.... but i'm not entirely sure on that.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Ok... so to clear this up... Lusca, the person targeting does lose track of you, along with your dot on the map, your name under the squad find menu, and even the name above your head... they cannot see anything you do...

And Mer_Lina i know you meant this specific skill, but we can go Stealth using Shadow Escape... it's basically the same skill =P

Also, i'm pretty sure that using Lion's Roar... or w/e the BM aoe stun is might bring you out of stealth.... but i'm not entirely sure on that.

ooooh sweet =] i pretty sure aoes will still hit you thou so don't stand near someone else in stealth lolol
  • Zackey - Sanctuary
    Zackey - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i didnt pick this class just so i could waste money on potions and cash shop bull when my cleric can survive well without both. this class is what i have been waiting for so long... are they really just going to mess it up like this?
    What signature?
    edited December 2009
    i didnt pick this class just so i could waste money on potions and cash shop bull when my cleric can survive well without both. this class is what i have been waiting for so long... are they really just going to mess it up like this?

>_< It's not messed up... did you even read this thread >_< You fail, and as such i'm glad you no longer want to play as a sin....
    My sin is 34.... and i can stay stealthed for 43 seconds.... this is with level 3 stealth... it's not that much.............. and you wont be stealthed that long for many reasons anyway....

Also Zackey, how on earth does your cleric survive without pots? Mhh?
  • HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear
    HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    guys get to 30 and problem solved. theres this insane invention called focus powder. 50 mp persecond over comes the 24 mana per second and STILL gives you regeneration of 26 persecond. i dont see a problem with it. its perfectly fair. the problem is if it wasnt heavy cost it would be over powered. again i just tellyou, get to 30;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Parental Advisory: Beware the heal monkey
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    guys get to 30 and problem solved. theres this insane invention called focus powder. 50 mp persecond over comes the 24 mana per second and STILL gives you regeneration of 26 persecond. i dont see a problem with it. its perfectly fair. the problem is if it wasnt heavy cost it would be over powered. again i just tellyou, get to 30;

The problem with this is that it relegates us to using stealth for only 10 minutes. If we don't stealth, we won't need the powder, but if we do stealth and click powder, we could be done using stealth for the remainder of the time. The greatest thing about focus powders and their upgrades are that they work wonders for classes that use mana constantly, such as a clerics healing on a 1-3 whereby our buddy with 2.4million hp takes more than 10 minutes to kill, creating an effective source of mana regen without ticking charms. We don't need to stealth for 10 minutes at a time -- we may, however, need to stealth 6 or 7 times over the course of an hour, rendering the use of 10-minute powders wasteful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    The problem with this is that it relegates us to using stealth for only 10 minutes. If we don't stealth, we won't need the powder, but if we do stealth and click powder, we could be done using stealth for the remainder of the time. The greatest thing about focus powders and their upgrades are that they work wonders for classes that use mana constantly, such as a clerics healing on a 1-3 whereby our buddy with 2.4million hp takes more than 10 minutes to kill, creating an effective source of mana regen without ticking charms. We don't need to stealth for 10 minutes at a time -- we may, however, need to stealth 6 or 7 times over the course of an hour, rendering the use of 10-minute powders wasteful.

If that is the case then using common pots is the easiest solution.... they are inexpensive and only need to double the time you can stay stealthed... as i said, i'm 34, and i can stay stealthed 43 seconds... that is without using a pot... Please show me a point where you need to stealth more than that and you're without pots...
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    If that is the case then using common pots is the easiest solution.... they are inexpensive and only need to double the time you can stay stealthed... as i said, i'm 34, and i can stay stealthed 43 seconds... that is without using a pot... Please show me a point where you need to stealth more than that and you're without pots...

I didn't say using potions wouldn't be more expedient, I simply said using powders is like using a cannon to slay a baby. Sure, you get the job done, but you spend the next 7 minutes having an excess of baby-blood surrounding you.

You won't even need a set of perfect potions to match the regeneration rate of level 1 shadow walk /shrug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear
    HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well my opinion is that im always running outa mana and hp. well life powders solved that for hp, so focus powders can finish the job, and heal my mana pool. then ican use more skills, meditate less, and kill faster. this is all my opinion of course but still this is where i stand with focus powders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Parental Advisory: Beware the heal monkey
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009

are u guys kidding me? qqing about the 24/sec eating ur mp? I WISH that roug/assassin classes in other games have this type of stealth machanic. in one of the other games i play u can only stay invisible for 17 seconds per use and the skill has a 30 second cooldown. here u can basically stay in steal as long as u damn well please with using mp regen items.

please GTFO with this BS. the 24/sec MP is at LEVEL FREAKIN ONE and even then its OPed cuz u can stay in stealh a LONG time with only 24 mp/sec being drained. so imagined if the skill is maxed where it cost only 14mp/sec.... this skill is a godsend for any and all classes in all types of MMOs that have invisibility skills that wants to stay invisible for long periods of time.

the skill basically guarantees u a first hit (and a 2nd or 3rd hit if ur opponent doesnt have a fast reaction time). that and it has such a low cooldown u can basicaly use a sparked high hitting skill then go right back into invisiblity (and gain 1 spark instantly because force stealth gives u 1 spark) and do it all over again.

so again i say GTFO WITH UR DUMASS QQING. honestly it doest take a ****ing rocket scientist to figure out how to abuse this skill by using MP regen items. -_- if u cant afford regen items then ****ing /wrist already and go die under ur bed.
  • Nexdonuum - Lost City
    Nexdonuum - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I only got to page 3 before I started responding, and by the looks of it, everyone seems to overlook the fact that 24/sec mp cost is pretty heavy for an Assassin. At 20 I've got around 400 mp (maybe? can't really remember rofl) and my mag stat is at default of 5. That means that the 24/sec mp cost is hitting very heavy on my mana pool, which in turn means I can use my skills less. I understand what you are all saying by 24/sec is very good in terms of other classes' skill costs, but you have to take into consideration that since the Assassins are not putting ANYTHING into mag, the mana recovery is very bad in relation to the mp cost.

But I agree with what has been stated a few times already, that if this wasn't here, the stealth skill could be very, very OP.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick learning Apprentice in the Arts of Subtle Killing.
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    it's not MP heavy at all....go level up first, get some pots (possibly even some apothecary pots).....
    and then be amazed.
    b:chuckle
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Nexdonuum - Lost City
    Nexdonuum - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't work like that. In combat the focus powders' effectiveness is cut to 1/4, meaning you're getting roughly 12.5 mp as opposed to 50.. While meditating you get 100 mp/sec.... But as I mentioned, this isn't the 'cure' so to speak, that you make it out to sound like. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick learning Apprentice in the Arts of Subtle Killing.
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm pretty sure that it doesn't work like that. In combat the focus powders' effectiveness is cut to 1/4, meaning you're getting roughly 12.5 mp as opposed to 50.. While meditating you get 100 mp/sec.... But as I mentioned, this isn't the 'cure' so to speak, that you make it out to sound like. >.>

doesn't stealth force you out of combat?
    b:puzzled
    Shadow Escape: Force yourself into stealth.

OH QQ ME HAS TO WAIT 5 SECONDS UNTIL ME AGGRO TIMER RESETS AND ME ARE OUT OF COMBAT....
    seriously you can do that easily lol.
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I only got to page 3 before I started responding, and by the looks of it, everyone seems to overlook the fact that 24/sec mp cost is pretty heavy for an Assassin. At 20 I've got around 400 mp (maybe? can't really remember rofl) and my mag stat is at default of 5. That means that the 24/sec mp cost is hitting very heavy on my mana pool, which in turn means I can use my skills less. I understand what you are all saying by 24/sec is very good in terms of other classes' skill costs, but you have to take into consideration that since the Assassins are not putting ANYTHING into mag, the mana recovery is very bad in relation to the mp cost.

But I agree with what has been stated a few times already, that if this wasn't here, the stealth skill could be very, very OP.

b:victory

Since you stated in the first line you didn't bother to read everything before responding, I'll do us both a favor and not give you the benefit of the doubt that you know what you're talking about.

The size of your mana pool has *nothing* do to with how long you can keep stealthed (at least by the time you get it -- stealthing on anything less than a 150-point mana pool would be ridiculous). The only factor that judges how long you can keep being inviz is your mana regen. Here's how it works:

1: Is my mana regen greater than my stealth is draining?
    y: stalk something
    n: click a potion; goto 1

None of the criteria involved in there has anything to do with your mana pool. Carry around some condensed mana potions and be done with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]