Assassins Invisibilty (Shadow Walk)

Comments

• Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not even argueing the usage of the skill with pots or anything...I'm just saying people throwing up big numbers for other mana using classes is kinda silly...Even if the cost is vastly more for some other class skills...They also have wayyy more mana and wayyy more mana regen is all I'm saying. Hard to compare a skills mana cost/usage when no other class has a skill like stealth.

Archer =P a lot of mana/sec

Will you argue that archer and sins have similar stats =P

Good, then understand that their mana is just as bad as ours, and they have this attack which drains it EXTREMELY fast... They live with it...

There, i compared it to a non-caster class, happy? b:surrender
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    theres a pot which increases mp regen to 50 per sec...

so dun QQ...its cheap!
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    idiots obviously you must put extra points into magic for the high mana bar b:cute
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    idiots obviously you must put extra points into magic for the high mana bar b:cute

b:chuckle
    you also going to want to go wear full arcane.
    b:surrender
    /sarcasm
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrmally
    mrmally Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    shadow walk eats thru mana real quick and it should its a really useful skill
    we dont need sins staying invisable for an hour waiting to pk lvl 30s in sp

dont like the mana cost go lvl, add some magic, get a magic tome, spam mp pots, spam apoth pots, but whining isen't gonna help you any
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ;sighs; those who complain about "you cant keep it up at the level you get it" or some related QQ...

i kept it up while walking from the start of untamed fb19 to the end... and i used NOTHING but the cheap piece of **** pots you buy from the apothecary
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • IYWerewolf - Dreamweaver
    IYWerewolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archer =P a lot of mana/sec

Will you argue that archer and sins have similar stats =P

Good, then understand that their mana is just as bad as ours, and they have this attack which drains it EXTREMELY fast... They live with it...

There, i compared it to a non-caster class, happy? b:surrender

You still didn't get it...You're comparing an attack skill with a skill nobody else has (Stealth) It isn't a fair fight...If people think stealth is too expensive or the cost is fine...Compare it to how the sin might need to use it - not other classes completely unrelated skills.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You still didn't get it...You're comparing an attack skill with a skill nobody else has (Stealth) It isn't a fair fight...If people think stealth is too expensive or the cost is fine...Compare it to how the sin might need to use it - not other classes completely unrelated skills.

>___< You don't NEED the skill... just as Archers don't NEED barrage.... I get it, the mana drain sucks, QQQQQ Big deal.... if you really want to use it permanently then add mag >_<

Also, each skill has their uses, ALL skills cost mana. If you're saying that this one shouldn't cost mana to maintain (just like EVERY other maintainable skill takes) then you must be saying it doesn't do anything worth using mana....
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You really think, that new classes will be OP? No way. They have to pay price for advantage. In this case is it mana consumption.

BTW. I'm already independent of mana pots or mana apothecary. I don't need mana stuff again. With genie cloud eruption, sage chi skills and sparks(recover 20% of mana pool) I don't need mana pots anymore.b:laughb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IYWerewolf - Dreamweaver
    IYWerewolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I personally think the cost is fine... :3 Just dislike when people compare apples and oranges.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just out of interest...

How much magic would you need to spec to get, say, +5mp/s regeneration? (Given it would also give you more mana, and you can get some more regen from gear, +5 is probably enough)
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The mana cost is only fair u.u;; You can't stay invisible forever; it'd be unfair to the other classes in PK and in TW. So just get over it and get a lot of +/MP gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Actually, my TB using a charm can stay stealthed completely through arch w/o any problem and not to terribly much ticking off my charm. I'm liking this skill a lot.

~S
  • Crowley - Dreamweaver
    Crowley - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's really not that bad once you start nearing 40, pop a mana pot while in stealth and you'll be absolutely fine, with a charm even better ofc :) and yes you can pot/buff/spark without exiting stealth, can also use shadow jump and stay stealthed.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    MP Charm/Pots. Problem solved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Yarly - Harshlands
    Yarly - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It seems perfect. I like that it is limited, and later on, you can use mana regen gear to make it last forever.
  • Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear
    Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Heck my 27 BM macross eat MP whit lightspeed and if i try to kill two mobs using macross i end up almost without MP and Cleric heal macross... one round and i am at 30% MP (My MP level is above 1k)

I too think that this MP usage is some sort of safety lock preventing abuse this skill in PvP but like many people posted here there are ways to counter that usage.
  • SnuggleWolf - Harshlands
    SnuggleWolf - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the assassins that are complaining about it are pve and the ones who say its fine how it is are pvp i find that slightly ironic since its more useful for pvp
    ALL SHALL FEAR MY WRATH AND MY.......SNUGGLES?b:puzzled
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Heck my 27 BM macross eat MP whit lightspeed and if i try to kill two mobs using macross i end up almost without MP and Cleric heal macross... one round and i am at 30% MP (My MP level is above 1k)

I too think that this MP usage is some sort of safety lock preventing abuse this skill in PvP but like many people posted here there are ways to counter that usage.

This is like the 10th moron thats compared it shadow walk to other classes.

Errrrrr I can blaze through my mana to by using skills/macros.

It shouldn't tick while invis, if your gonna cry about "oh ittle make sins overpowered" erm...they can stay invis by using pots, so wtf is the point anyway? noobs.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There's only one solution to this problem.
    We gotta start a petition and ask the developers to increase MP usage of said skill to 100MP per second.
    Problems solved.
    You're welcome.
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There's only one solution to this problem.
    We gotta start a petition and ask the developers to increase MP usage of said skill to 100MP per second.
    Problems solved.
    You're welcome.

You are so rightb:dirty
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This is like the 10th moron thats compared it shadow walk to other classes.

Errrrrr I can blaze through my mana to by using skills/macros.

It shouldn't tick while invis, if your gonna cry about "oh ittle make sins overpowered" erm...they can stay invis by using pots, so wtf is the point anyway? noobs.

The POINT is you have to PAY for it, be it coins or gold for the charm. You say you played sin in other MMO's and no one complains. You're either ignorant or an idiot. I'm thinking a little of both.

I've played sins in other MMO's and played against sin's as well. As a sin I would get QQ'd stealth is OP, my class is OP, Vanish is OP, QQQQQQQ

The class is new. As with any new class introduced to an MMO they are "typically" OP then nerfed/balanced. Until then people will QQ about whats OP and whats weak.

On another note, at least there will be less QQ veno bird threads for awhile b:chuckle
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I used to play an mmorpg that had 1 stealth class, a sin oc.

Stealth time was 60 seconds without attacking anyone, NO mentionable mana consumption.

Downside to using stealth ? none.

Number of sins on server(s) : about 80% of the total population.

There was a vid on youtube of one of those sins pking against 8 enemies at the same time. Even tankers, high damage dealers, and any other class couldn't bring him down.

Moral of the story : If you give one class skills that does not cost any worthwile price in either time/mana cost/...etc, so no downside to it, they will eventually overrun the server and dominate the scene.

If you take a high lvl sin, who can afford to add mana in some way, like sharding one of its equipments, you get indeed an overpowered enemy.
    Imo, in the long run, people will realize that sins will be perfect for stealth combat against the more squishy chars, but far less effective in pve.

Just my 2 cents.

p.s. : They did give other classes the possibility to wear daggerdefence armor. Reduced the sins damage significantly. Even then the number of them didn't diminish.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I find this argument about mana pools kind of silly. Odds are, if you're using stealth, it's because you're going to enter combat soon. When you enter combat, your MP regen is reduced by 1/4, thus making the argument of casters having bigger mana pools so bigger skills hurt their mp usage less...stupid. If you have a bigger MP pool during combat, all that means is that you have to use bigger pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Madnezz - Raging Tide
    Madnezz - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ... but thats only fair since Assassins are squishy as hell ^^

Seriously.. guyz.. i would spend 50mana/sec and more if necessary.

u r completely invisible, u can suround ur enemy and put him to sleep/stun him w/o giving him a chance to react...
    and the best thing...

u can spark without geting visible !!!

just imagine a assassin standing invisible next to u using demonspark and u dont notice it until it`s to late b:pleasedb:laugh
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ... but thats only fair since Assassins are squishy as hell ^^

Seriously.. guyz.. i would spend 50mana/sec and more if necessary.

u r completely invisible, u can suround ur enemy and put him to sleep/stun him w/o giving him a chance to react...
    and the best thing...

u can spark without geting visible !!!

just imagine a assassin standing invisible next to u using demonspark and u dont notice it until it`s to late b:pleasedb:laugh
    Just little problem. You can see him and target just press T.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Madnezz - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    nope... if the skill is high enough u cant even see a green dot on the map :P
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    nope... if the skill is high enough u cant even see a green dot on the map :P

the dot itself disappears????
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Madnezz - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    as i said.. this skill IS op^^

so there`s no point in complaining about the mana costs b:laugh
  • Noxin - Dreamweaver
    Noxin - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Im lvl 3x and I can stay invisible as long as I want.

My Mana is I think 20 per second cause it gets less with upgraded skill.
    I have a cleric buff on me increasing my Mana recovery and when I use Mana potions my MP is even increasing.

I see no problem with stealth at all.
    - Lvl 95 Veno, Dreamwaver
    - Lvl 60 Cleric, Dreamwaver
    - Lvl 80 Assa, Dreamwaver