Don't bite the hand that feeds you

Skitles - Heavens Tear
Skitles - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
I'm guessing there's alot of new people joining to play the tideborn, not just veterans. Well i'd like to share a peice of advice.

On my venomancer I was asked by a friend to come help some random assasins with an FB29. I'm not completly knowledgable of everything about the tideborns yet, i'm still getting used to it, however I noticed one was level 20. I stated in party chat that they wouldn't receive the experience and reputation from the FB29 since they weren't 29+.

I was basically saying "Hey this is probably a waste of time for you." I didn't know that they had quests for higher FBs. She then had the brains to reply
"Who cares I just want my mold so choke on that bish." She probably thought it was funny but it's the worst sense of humor i've heard. That's like 14 year olds swearing at each other as a primmitive form of communication because they think it's cool.

I generally have a good sense of humour, I even find jokes about Australians funny. (I'm Aussie.) It was a harsh insult. Now, lowbies understand this. We don't have to help you. We don't have to be there. FB29 gives very little experience compared to higher FBs we could be doing for tabbers who are actually grateful for help they receive. I dropped the squad and left the level 97 cleric to solo it for them. She then pmmed me saying "hello? Why you leave squad?"

Another situation is when i'm on my assasin and cleric. It's hard enough trying to keep my cleric healing my assasin and for my assasin to try and get some quest kills without being KSed on 2 pcs. Half the people who ask my cleric for buffs, resses and her to solo their quests wind up Ksing my assasin straight after.

The other half KS my assasin then have the nerve to ask my cleric for buffs, heals and resses. I don't buff/heal/ress/solo your quests/plvl you. You're level 20, do your own quests and go to town. Exp you lose from death is nothing.

Dont bite the hand that feeds you cus it'll bite back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~Sig by ForsakenX~
Post edited by Skitles - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "Who cares I just want my mold so choke on that bish."

What... That's freaking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hands don't bite >.>

but it might grab in provocative ways o.o
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Eesh, I'd have left the squad too. Not even my friends talk to me that way. :|
    On the other hand, how are the people who poke your cleric for buffs and resurrections supposed to know you're playing on two computers? I don't KS(unless driving off a KSer they usually go away if you KS them back.) and I find KSing very rude, but still... the last thing I think someone is doing is playing multiple characters at once...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    cool story bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hands don't bite >.>

but it might grab in provocative ways o.o

b:shocked
    oh noes it be squishing me~~~
    DX

lol just kick them next time....
    and that be why you should roll PvP server.
    b:chuckle
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Situation one: Yeah, I'd have left that squad too.

Situation two: Please do think before you type.
    I'm sorry, are we all supposed to know you duel box now? Because frankly, I know I'm not that psychic. You seem to be posting that QQ on the basic assumption people know you are duel boxing and people are KSing you on purpose.

Now then if they repeatedly follow your sin and kill mobs that you start to attack, yes they are KSing. However, certain places are filled with people killing the same damn thing and it's not possible to not KS by accident sometimes. Most people tend to apologise for it - make sure you check for those apologies before saying "OMGWTFBBQ YOU KS'D ME AND WANT ME TO BUFF YOU!!?!?!?!??"

Frankly, I seriously don't think that the number of people you insinuate KS'd you then asked for buffs KS'd you on purpose. If you think they did, my apologies but that's incredibly naive and you need to open your eyes a little bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skitles - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    My cleric follows my assasin on ground buffing and healing. If that's not obvious I don't know what is. Besides, i'm a rather nasty cleric and I only save my mana for freinds and guild mates. Random people are a waste of time and most of the time ungrateful. I've had people following my assasin ksing her for quest mobs, one was a barb. He stopped when he realised he cant out damage me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sig by ForsakenX~
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Another situation is when i'm on my assasin and cleric. It's hard enough trying to keep my cleric healing my assasin and for my assasin to try and get some quest kills without being KSed on 2 pcs. Half the people who ask my cleric for buffs, resses and her to solo their quests wind up Ksing my assasin straight after.

probably not the best idea to admit that you multi-client on a forum that GMs read... way to get yourself banned b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    probably not the best idea to admit that you multi-client on a forum that GMs read... way to get yourself banned b:bye

nothing wrong with playing two characters if she has two pcs, its only not allowed if shes running them on one pc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    My cleric follows my assasin on ground buffing and healing. If that's not obvious I don't know what is. Besides, i'm a rather nasty cleric and I only save my mana for freinds and guild mates. Random people are a waste of time and most of the time ungrateful. I've had people following my assasin ksing her for quest mobs, one was a barb. He stopped when he realised he cant out damage me.

That could be two people in a party together.
    What is obvious is you are terribly naive. If I see two people together, and a cleric is one and they are healing, I assume they are two people in a squad together, not one person at two computers. If you want me to know you're duel boxing, you need to tell me, genius.
    Or maybe next time, using your "if that's not obvious I don't know what is" method, when I see a squad of people together I will assume they are one person multi-boxing? Yeah. Get your head out your ****. People will assume you are a squad, more often than not, before they assume you are duel boxing.

Also, it seems you've had some bad experiences, but when I play my cleric, the one thing I notice is that typically, when I buff somebody, I get a thanks.

Maybe you being a naive and nasty cleric, as you so put, encourages people not to thank you? I know I wouldn't. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Melusinea - Heavens Tear
    Melusinea - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You don't have to multi-client to be able to play two characters - I often end up playing with myself (ooo errr missus!!) with one char on my PC and the other helping on the laptop.
  • Skitles - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    I have a laptop and computer. My laptop is a tad old and horribly laggy. It's a nightmare doing most simple things like runing through arch. I crash alot on both after this expansion aswell.

I choose how I play. When making this character I decided to be mean. I'm not speaking for all clerics, just through my experiences. I've known quite a few people who played clerics quit and join other servers because they couldnt put up with being used by their guild and friends anymore. When they log on its buff me @ xxx xxx, ress me @ xxx xxx, hey I need you for xxxxx, I hey come heal me while I xxxxx.

You might say that's what a cleric is for but sometimes and quite often it gets to a point where people just use you whether they know it or not. I'm nasty, I don't fly all over the map to ressurect guildmates. I don't fly over the map to buff/heal guildies. I'll do instances/bosses if I need them or i'm not busy. I like to quickly establish with people that they can't push me around.

Most random people I've assisted have said nothing, a couple even told me off for doing so. I'm not hanging around a level 20 area to support 500 people who will become dependant on my buffs/heals resses. I'm there to assist my assasin in questing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sig by ForsakenX~
  • Sericea - Raging Tide
    Sericea - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ick...

Personally, I just never ask clerics for buffs, and ... but... egads.

Still, today I did that "ks" quest (the 15 minute timed quest you become eligible for I think when you are level 11), and I sort of have sympathy for people KSing.

But... still... ICK.
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As a cleric, I follow some simple rules. You don't get my help at all if:

A- You are rude. This includes demands for buffs/heals/etc. Ask nicely and I may help you if I'm not too busy.
    B- I'm in a party and you're not part of it. Exceptions exist during times of multiple party coordination.
    C- I have to go entirely out of my way to do it. I have my own quests/grinding/farming/whatever to do as well and I'm under no obligation to help anyone at all.
    D- You attempt to party me out of the blue without any attempt to find out what I'm up to or whether it's even related to what you want to do.
    E- You abandon the party and proceed to get yourself killed. Refer to part B.

OP, had I been in your position, I'd have done the exact same thing.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Skitles - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    As a cleric, I follow some simple rules. You don't get my help at all if:

A- You are rude. This includes demands for buffs/heals/etc. Ask nicely and I may help you if I'm not too busy.

They're quite similar to what I go by aswell. I've never come across anyone who's asked me for something. People just say "buff me."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sig by ForsakenX~
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Honestly who cares if you get ksed... just ks them back. And if you can't do that... leave and come back another day.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    nubs are rude -.-
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yay yet another longwinded self important pompous pile of garbage of a thread on how ungratefull lowbies who probably never visit these forums are...

There are better and more constructive ways of making you feel better about yourself b:bye

On second thought,i probably have just said cool story bro...but that was used..hmm
  • Skitles - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    I'm not a 'bro'.
    I could KS back, but that would turn into a KS war and also make me a hypocrite ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sig by ForsakenX~
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've known quite a few people who played clerics quit and join other servers because they couldnt put up with being used by their guild and friends anymore.

Theres something very, very simple you can do to take care of this: tell them no. You dont have to rant on here that ppl are just taking you for granted and/or abusing you. Tell them no. Ive been playing this, as various characters, since September of last year. And i rarely ask a cleric for buffs, if ever. 90% of the time, i dont have to. Ill be questing/grinding/farming/whatever, and a random cleric will buff me. If this happens, i make sure i say thanks, even if im getting ganked by mobs. And if they dont buff me, i dont mind. Im sure theyre busy with something else. As for your whole rant on the KSing, if it happens 3-4 times in a row by the same person, screenshot, submit a ticket, and case closed. What theyre doing is griefing, which is against the ToS, and is bannable. Now, as for running 2 chars thru different comps, ive only met a couple of ppl who do that. When i see 2 chars, cleric and whatever else it is, i assume they're in a squad, NOT a single person running 2 chars at once. Most ppl wont know that, especially if theyre a true newbie ( a true newbie is someone who's never played PW before). Now that all thats been said, do everyone here a favor, and take a bloody chill pill. 95% percent of the time, KSing is accidental, not intentional, despite what you might think. So grow up, calm down, and remember a single, extremely vital point: This. Is. A. GAME. It is not something worth getting all that worked up over.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That could be two people in a party together.
    What is obvious is you are terribly naive. If I see two people together, and a cleric is one and they are healing, I assume they are two people in a squad together, not one person at two computers. If you want me to know you're duel boxing, you need to tell me, genius.
    Or maybe next time, using your "if that's not obvious I don't know what is" method, when I see a squad of people together I will assume they are one person multi-boxing? Yeah. Get your head out your ****. People will assume you are a squad, more often than not, before they assume you are duel boxing.

Also, it seems you've had some bad experiences, but when I play my cleric, the one thing I notice is that typically, when I buff somebody, I get a thanks.

Maybe you being a naive and nasty cleric, as you so put, encourages people not to thank you? I know I wouldn't. =)

THIS.
    And BTW, being one of those "nasty clerics" just makes people more rude to clerics.
    Half the time a cleric goes through a bad BH39 run with a BM with an ego bigger than his glacial spike animation and after that thinks every single person is like that..

And its not being "used". It just shows how selfish the world is when people call it "using" and not "helping". If you act like that to "friends" they wouldnt consider you a friend.

..And also. Im 14. Im not swearing as if its " a primitive form of communication". I know that there are a few other teenagers who go on these forums alot and they arent flaming. Stop stereotyping people and generalising them. How typical =.=←Also shows how narrow minded/naive you are like what Airyll said.
    You are rude. This includes demands for buffs/heals/etc. Ask nicely and I may help you if I'm not too busy.
    Do you seriously expect a barb, whos constantly spamming fleshream literally on cooldown, running out of pots, has an increased damage amp and fighting a boss half the size of a mountain in the middle of a 3 1/2 hour TT run to "ask politely" and say "Excuse me could you please heal me and purify, of course if you dont want to you dont have heal."

EDIT:
    It is a fact that many kids play this game and for them it is normal to speak to another that way. I know it's annoying but there is little we can do about it, they block reburking automatically anyway. I see you are an intelligent person so you should be able to just ignore them and move on.
    Next!
    Wow, more generalisations. Next! =.=

if i see something like "Hey shouldnt you be sleeping", that person should quit PWI right now. Dont play, you might spread your stupidness. Yeah, if you cant understand time zones you really fail at life.

</cynical>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "Who cares I just want my mold so choke on that bish." She probably thought it was funny but it's the worst sense of humor i've heard. That's like 14 year olds swearing at each other as a primmitive form of communication because they think it's cool.

To be honest I don't know why you are complaining as you already found the explanation yourself. It is a fact that many kids play this game and for them it is normal to speak to another that way. I know it's annoying but there is little we can do about it, they block reburking automatically anyway. I see you are an intelligent person so you should be able to just ignore them and move on.
    hemoglobin wrote:
    nubs are rude -.-
    Actually I have met a lot of nice n00bs as well as very rude pro gamers or veterans. It totally depends from the person playing, not the time they spend in the game. Thanks for coming but your theory has proven wrong. Next!
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Actually I have met a lot of nice n00bs as well as very rude pro gamers or veterans. It totally depends from the person playing, not the time they spend in the game. Thanks for coming but your theory has proven wrong. Next!

You've met a nice noob? That's impressive, the ones I met are all pompous little morons who reckon they're all the business, reckon they play their class better than anyone else, die before anybody else and blame everybody else.

Maybe you mean "newb" - a new player who may seem noobish, but only because of a lack of experience.

One is more polite than the other and if you are meeting a polite noob... sorry, it's not a noob. Learn the difference plzthnx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You've met a nice noob? That's impressive, the ones I met are all pompous little morons who reckon they're all the business, reckon they play their class better than anyone else, die before anybody else and blame everybody else.

Maybe you mean "newb" - a new player who may seem noobish, but only because of a lack of experience.

One is more polite than the other and if you are meeting a polite noob... sorry, it's not a noob. Learn the difference plzthnx.

Yes I have.
    I have met a lot of people that were not new, terribly sucked at the game for different reasons, and were still a very nice talk or became friends. A n00b does not automatically mean an a*hole, in this case it is your definiton that needs a workover. An a*hole would possibly call the people I am talking of n00b because they have deficites at some aspects of the game and are no newbes anymore.

Also for your information: Click here.
    The difference between noob and nub is so small that both can be used in this case. Try not telling people they don't understand something if you didn't read their statement carefully enough.
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Yes I have.
    I have met a lot of people that were not new, terribly sucked at the game for different reasons, and were still a very nice talk or became friends. A n00b does not automatically mean an a*hole, in this case it is your definiton that needs a workover. An a*hole would possibly call the people I am talking of n00b because they have deficites at some aspects of the game and are no newbes anymore.

Also for your information: Click here.
    The difference between noob and nub is so small that both can be used in this case. Try not telling people they don't understand something if you didn't read their statement carefully enough.

Firstly, if you noticed I never mentioned the word "nub" in my post. Please make sure to read and then read again before you come out with things like that, it saves people looking foolish.

Secondly, "noob" is now commonly used as a derogatory term to describe somebody who sucks at a game yet insists on being pompous about it and claiming otherwise. When you use the word "noob" - nobody is going to think you mean some polite person who fails at a game. They are first and foremost going to assume you speak of somebody who fails at the game but claims otherwise, and then cries when they die and blames everybody else.
    Do keep with the times.

If you meet a polite "noob" then they aren't actually a noob. Because "noob" isn't used to describe some polite person who is uninformed about a game even if they've been playing it for a long time.

If a person is uninformed about a game or aspect of a game and are not a newbie, then they are simply misinformed or uninformed.

Also I don't know why you linked me to the word newbie. I know what one of those is, especially considering I was one myself at one point. ;D

So besides trying to correct me when I didn't need correcting, what were you actually trying to achieve with that post?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2009

41TKN5SW8WL._SL160_.jpg

whistling-tea-kettle.jpg

whistling-tea-kettle.jpg

41TKN5SW8WL._SL160_.jpg

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    41TKN5SW8WL._SL160_.jpg

whistling-tea-kettle.jpg

whistling-tea-kettle.jpg

41TKN5SW8WL._SL160_.jpg

RedMenace

I'm not a pot or a kettle. =0
    I'm a toaster. ;D

Also, sorry to say, I'm not a noob, but whatever helps you sleep better at night Redmenace. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not a pot or a kettle. =0
    I'm a toaster. ;D

Also, sorry to say, I'm not a noob, but whatever helps you sleep better at night Redmenace. =)

416px-Itg_quarterly.jpg

"pompous little morons who reckon they're all the business, reckon they play their class better than anyone else, die before anybody else and blame everybody else."

You may not be a "noob", but you have the rest in spades.

And dont worry, Junior - I sleep very well, thank you.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    "pompous little morons who reckon they're all the business, reckon they play their class better than anyone else, die before anybody else and blame everybody else."

RedMenace

I died? Bugger. Any cleric out there willing to give me a res? [Hell yes, way to get ever so slightly back on topic]
    I blamed everybody else? Really? Where? =0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They're quite similar to what I go by aswell. I've never come across anyone who's asked me for something. People just say "buff me."
    then you need to switch servers lol

in al seriousness on RT I have a friend with a herc veno, now I can't solo bosses and when I run out of options I'll ask him to help out. when I play my veno (dw 67) I ask for HP/MP buff when a cleric is nearby. I don't go around looking for clerics to harass. There has been times I go to a lvl 100+ cleric for 51/39 (when I was lower) He din't have any issues helping my out because he knew I ran out of options. look around a while in factions and such, in EQ I have 2 clerics that can help out: a lvl 32 (at time of posting) and a lvl 17 (again, at this time). at this point I pretty much solo-heal myself with my healing spell. I know when I'm outmatched, and outgunned. that is when I call for help. and when I need a cleric and if they're on I always ask "you nearby xxx?" before I ever ask for anything more, because I don't MAKE people go out of their way for me, nor will I ever ask them to.

If that's all you find on HT, it's time to move to a new server and start over where you'll be appreciated.

edit: aside from that..

there's a 1/2 chance they get a mold, the other is 2 mirages, wouldn't it be utter payback if you did it and they got mirages instead lol