My Psychic build

seridanax
seridanax Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Psychic
To put it simple, i follow the pure mag build (9 mag, 1 str every two levels) BUT I also add a point of vit every 4 lvl in order to not be too squishy so:

Lvl 2 : STR +1, MAG+4
Lvl 3 : MAG+5
Lvl 4 : STR +1, VIT+1, MAG+3
Lvl 5: MAG+5
Lvl 6: STR+1, MAG+4
Lvl 7: MAG+5
Lvl 8: STR+1, Vit+1, MAG+3
Lvl 9: MAG+5

Then it goes on with STR+1 and MAG+4 and it follows the same pattern. My question is: Is putting a point of VIT every 4 lvl is a waste? Is it better if I follow the pure mage path instead? Thanks for your answers b:victory
Post edited by seridanax on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Looks like psy gets 15hp per vit point. It's better than wiz, but I'd say it's stil not worth it.

Though it's up to you, if you feel you die to fast you can put abit of vit (though don't put to much, like 20 max or something)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Seridanax - Heavens Tear
    Seridanax - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Looks like psy gets 15hp per vit point. It's better than wiz, but I'd say it's stil not worth it.

Though it's up to you, if you feel you die to fast you can put abit of vit (though don't put to much, like 20 max or something)

Mmm yes it's an interesting idea... i think i will follow my path until I reach 20-25 Vit in order to cut a bit the squishyness at early levels then I'll follow the Pure Mag path. Thank you for your fast reply :)
  • VyraFox - Lost City
    VyraFox - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well how about DEX ? dex gives magic crit oO

is it worth it to give DEX?
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Vit usage = WASTE--> due to nice skill called BlackVoodoo + well known old yatada yatada about having shards+refinement ( accepting arguments only from lvl's 70+ if disagree(with pointing out where am i wrong) and plz no "oracle noobs)
    Dex usage : look explanation above+ Power/MP pool/Regen speed trade of for Pathetic 1-5%(if dex 100) of Crit b:shocked

P.S LA build mmm WHY???(Did i mentioned that there is NO REASONABLE PDEF skill (don't tell about White Voodoo skill is complete ****(unless you're making attempt to escape)). HA build mmm possible but WAY TOO perverted
    Oh,did i mentioned that class is really mana "hungry" and NO regen boost till lvl 44 which is yet questionable if it usefull. So till then you suffer as hell at meditating or wasting large amounts MP pots/apoch. And trust me you'll meditate a LOT. Dang i miss my "crappy" water shield extra 20mp/sec while sitting.
    b:chuckle
  • Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
    edited December 2009
    Id like to think to add a bit of vit till lvl 60-70 then re-allocate. I did that with wizzie and it helped wonderfull. Helps to stay alive at lower lvl, but at higher lvl u can use shards to get HP which help alot more than Vit on caster classes.
  • Neylyana - Lost City
    Neylyana - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i had 8mag 1vit 1str build but I didn't have enough str for lvl 10 weap at lvl 10. is that normal?
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    Mikeymike - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i had 8mag 1vit 1str build but I didn't have enough str for lvl 10 weap at lvl 10. is that normal?

no thats odd i did 1 str 9 mag every 2 levels and i had enough i think.
  • O_Oa - Raging Tide
    O_Oa - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well
    i put 1 dex, 1 str, 1 vit and 2 magic = 5 points
    or
    1 vit 1 str and 3 magic
  • VyraFox - Lost City
    VyraFox - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol wasting your point ...

i decided to put all on MAG ...
    STR only if its needed for weapon and armor =)
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Id like to think to add a bit of vit till lvl 60-70 then re-allocate. I did that with wizzie and it helped wonderfull. Helps to stay alive at lower lvl, but at higher lvl u can use shards to get HP which help alot more than Vit on caster classes.

For mages, adding vit may have a reasonable excuse, due to slower cast rate. It's either more damage or higher hp.

For Psychic, well, excuse me... but they have no reason to go vit because you can kill them before they even hit you due to fast channeling of spells. What's the point in adding vit then? b:shocked
  • Aliure - Sanctuary
    Aliure - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well
    i put 1 dex, 1 str, 1 vit and 2 magic = 5 points
    or
    1 vit 1 str and 3 magic

This is extremely off topic but...I love your name D:
    "There is nothing worth your complete trust in this world other than yourself. The moment you lean on someone, you'll lose the strength to remain standing and when that person leaves, you'll end up hitting the ground."
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    Mikeymike - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This is extremely off topic but...I love your name D:

i like there name as well.
  • Seridanax - Heavens Tear
    Seridanax - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yeah i noticed that putting all your points in magic is much more rewarding than putting point in vit. Anyway, your voodoo skills does all the job so there's no point in putting more points in vit. I'll leave that at 10 :P.
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Also psychics only get 10 hp per vit so 1 vit every 4 lvls isn't really worth it.
    <3 Tapout <3
  • masterkuno
    masterkuno Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What I always do to have my psychic be really awesome is the following:

Every odd lvl 4 in MAG 1 in STR

Every even lvl 5 in MAG

GOOD LUCK EVERYONEb:pleasedb:laugh
  • fearthereaper
    fearthereaper Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    in reality all u have to do is to keep your str the same as your lvl. Look at lvl 10 weap, It requires 10 str. Its much easyer to add pure mag 5 lvls and then add 1 str 4 mag every lvl from there on. :) good luck
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wnight wrote: »
    (Did i mentioned that there is NO REASONABLE PDEF skill (don't tell about White Voodoo skill is complete ****(unless you're making attempt to escape)).

Only half-right. There is no pdef skill, true, which is why I will go to my grave saying light armor is a waste on a Psy. White Voodoo grants defense levels instead.

But to say that White Voodoo is complete **** shows a lack of experience. It's usefulness is indeed situational, but it's still a must-max for the applications it does have. Not necessarily top-tier on priorities, but still a must have. Even if you don't want to take my word for it, talk to Franz. b:chuckle
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Psy have 10hp per vit, Veno is the only class with 12 hp per vit
    wnight wrote: »
    Vit usage = WASTE--> due to nice skill called BlackVoodoo + well known old yatada yatada about having shards+refinement ( accepting arguments only from lvl's 70+ if disagree(with pointing out where am i wrong) and plz no "oracle noobs)
    Dex usage : look explanation above+ Power/MP pool/Regen speed trade of for Pathetic 1-5%(if dex 100) of Crit b:shocked

P.S LA build mmm WHY???(Did i mentioned that there is NO REASONABLE PDEF skill (don't tell about White Voodoo skill is complete ****(unless you're making attempt to escape)). HA build mmm possible but WAY TOO perverted
    Oh,did i mentioned that class is really mana "hungry" and NO regen boost till lvl 44 which is yet questionable if it usefull. So till then you suffer as hell at meditating or wasting large amounts MP pots/apoch. And trust me you'll meditate a LOT. Dang i miss my "crappy" water shield extra 20mp/sec while sitting.
    b:chuckle

-Soulforce dont affect Black Voodoo as well as soulburn is not affected by Black voodoo, in order to let the soulburn effect work, you need to take some hit. Other skill have damage depend on soulforce: Red Tide - Bleed affect by Soulforce, require 2 spark. Black voodoo - 10 your def lvl which mean you take 10% more dam, since psy have no real skill that can save their **** (cleric with sleep + plume shell, wiz with earth barrier + seal), it is expected that you can easily died from 1 - 2 hit from physical atk w/o decent equip. Yes, I know psy have psychic will allow you to be immune to physical damage for 8 sec, with AD is 12 sec immune, but, when 12 sec passed, and you cant kill your enemy?

-White Voodoo is not useless, the bleed from Red Tide, DoT from Torrent and Sand Trap, Soulburn deal full damage even with white voodoo on, also allow you to stay alive for a considerable amount of time if you can use your BoL heal over time to prolong the battle and wait till charm, pots and other spark skill cooldown (earth vector, psychic will etc...)

-Empowered vigor don't enhance self mp recovery

-Vit is good to have, however having too much is bad because psy damage per hit is comparatively weak compare to their fellow neighboors, but much shorter channeling, not to mention psy is the only class w/o debuff to enhance their damage. so, havin too many vit or dex (LA build) will make your job harder.

-Havin said that, I have 50 base vit (95 with equip, 4k6 hp buffed), why you ask? RB, FC and TT, yes, you need some hp or you can get killed every aoe at last bosses in RB,FC, TT if your tank cant cancel unless you willing to put on white voodoo and deal 3 digits damage b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Symce - Raging Tide
    Symce - Raging Tide Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well said Hypnos.

Personally my LA-build is working out for me so far. But it's also because I got decent refines/gems on most of my equips. I do plan to go back to arcane when I hit 90s, because of the breaking point equip-wise there.

I can say LA is definitely viable though, chaining crits makes up for the small damage-loss I suffer.

This being said, even when I go back to 'full' arcane, I will most likely still dump some points into vit. Why? Because no matter how you twist or turn it, Psys are still extremely squishy. Low amount of HP doesn't help matters. I basically have the same idea as Hypnos, and will dump around 50 points into vit when I hit 90s.

I currently have base vit (being LA build) but still have 3300-ish hp unbuffed, which I consider not too shabby.
    "Anger is my shield."

"Alta alatis patent"
  • _Epyon_ - Heavens Tear
    _Epyon_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i also agree with hypnos some vit is good to have if u want to survive in boss battles with AoE, i've been adding 3 vit every 10 lvls so my base is 12 and 20 with tome so my health is 1500 with all of that plus shards..i plan to continue this till lvl 60 too to put a good bend in the squishyness...and i know that who ever reads this will say "doing that will put a big gimp in ur mag attk" or something like it but remember this shards can fix that too!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]i quit playing now I'M BACK!!!!b:victory
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i also agree with hypnos some vit is good to have if u want to survive in boss battles with AoE, i've been adding 3 vit every 10 lvls so my base is 12 and 20 with tome so my health is 1500 with all of that plus shards..i plan to continue this till lvl 60 too to put a good bend in the squishyness...and i know that who ever reads this will say "doing that will put a big gimp in ur mag attk" or something like it but remember this shards can fix that too!!!

dude u get 10 hp per vit

once u reach end game and have good refines and gems the hp gained from adding vit will be comparitevly small compared to the hp from refines and gems

however the damage u will be losing will be noticable and there is really no other way to get that damage back

and no shards cant fix ure m attack

mattack shards in armor give mana

diamond of tigers maybe

but ull be as squishy as hell

diamond of tigers could be effective TW if your have +7 on all ure armors
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    @Magikrap: You can actually, reset note, ofc it's expensive for some but if you can afford high lvl refine and good shards, there is no reason you can't. No one spend too much on pre 90 gear which prove to be a huge waste that's why most people will be willing to put vit and low lvl refine stuff. Until you afford end game gear with lots of cash, having vit is a better choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    50 vit won't ruin ur dmg and ofc u don't start with endgameequip + 5 or higher unless u are cashshopper from the very beginning.
    So if u can afford all that then u will defenitely be able to afford a reset note and put the added points from vit into mag.
    The only thing u will gain from going pure mag since the beginning are more deaths - especially in instances like FC which is - thx to the hyper exp stones - a must for fast lvling.
    + there's something called pdef and most of the Psys wear AA -> only socketing critine shards would be fail in my opinion.

Shards can fix the mag dmg since u put them in ur wep too - the better the shard, the better ur mag dmg and this goes for refinement lvl too, which is an even better dmgboost.

Calculating a bit will show u that it doesn't matter at all whether u got 50 vit or not with endgameequip. 500 hp (+%hp maybe) more are useful, especially in TW for a fishie. U got 7 sec charm cooldown - that's a great underestimated advantage which isn't rly used by being a glass-cannon.

Too many ppl just exchange the name wizard with psychic....the class isn't even fully "discovered" so allow ppl to get their own opinions instead of just taking this n that as a fact cuz it's common use at other classes.

Psys got souls which cast after they get hit - so getting oneshotted would make them useless.
    Psys also don't have the oneshot-spells like wizards, so u will have to deal with some incoming damage.
    If u think about that u will realize that there is not only the "i hit hard n die fast - MAG ATTACK! MAG ATTACK!" way to play a psy.
    Sure u may like this style and there's also no reason to not go for it if ure into this.
    But it's kinda boring to just take a new class as a wizard with faster channeling. That's defenitely not why they implemented Psys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deekay93
    deekay93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    so if i put dex to my psy is wrong? i have a 33 psy all on mana and 22str for eq :)shall i put on dex too?
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    What for? Magic atk dont miss, the only reason you put stats into dex should be wearing LA armor, which you need 1 str 1 dex every lvl, putting random stats into dex is a waste of valuable stat point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xempt - Lost City
    Xempt - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you're focusing on PVE, then you obviously don't need the vit because you'll kill everything before it gets to you. However, for PVP... it makes sense to add a lot of vit so that you can focus on physical defense shards in your gear and have a lot of HP at the same time. If you buff yourself with Black Voodoo, you'll almost gain back the magic attack you lost.

Unless you want to be bad. That's up to you.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    FC TT and RB are pure PVE, and that's just part of the game, unless you want to solo grind for the rest of your gaming life. The reasoning "you'll kill everything before it gets to you" only apply when 1 v 1 MELEE mob, how about a physical range mob, or a physical range AOE Boss, or doing FC when you aoeing and a bunch of mob come after you if you dont pay attention?

And if you go pure pve, you miss 50% the fun of the game, 30% from TW and 20% from killing people (the stats change depends on peeps). Tell me, what the point of farming gear if you dont go against other player?

Unless you want to be bad - Bad or not is mainly your playing style, how well you know your class, how you used it, how can you used it to its full potential prove you to be good, or bad, no player become bad just because he has higher health than you are when they deal relatively high damage, nor havin less health but know how to use genie, apoth and decent gear etc- Just saying, it's a matter of choice.

And if you do notice, Soulsphere have wide range of magic atk ( I dont mean wide as a distance, but wide as in the min matk and max matk), so no, having some vit wont make your damage goes from 5k to 3k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xempt - Lost City
    Xempt - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The reasoning "you'll kill everything before it gets to you" only apply when 1 v 1 MELEE mob, how about a physical range mob, or a physical range AOE Boss, or doing FC when you aoeing and a bunch of mob come after you if you dont pay attention?

Well I was referring to 1v1 ANY mob... even ranged mobs have to get closer to you to attack, well most of them anyway. Usually psychics can kill them before they even get a chance to channel.

I am all for adding vit to your build though as I am a hybrid arcane/vit build, so I do agree. As I stated before, Black Voodoo will *almost* recover your gimped magic attack from putting all thsoe points into vit. You won't suffer much from the defense loss thanks to the already decent defense using physical shards in your gear.
  • Oceatsu - Sanctuary
    Oceatsu - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:surrenderb:thanksi have a 20 psych, an ive been givin 3 mag 1vit, an 1 dex, but hes as fragile as glass, strong magik just weak against attacks, any advice? should i start building str?
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    ...better make a new 1...tbh
    you need str to wear armor, Arcane armor need 1 str every 2 level, you dont need dex for it. Light armor need 1 str 1 dex every level, if you choose to go Light Armor, you won't have enough stats for vit.
    the minimum requirement for lastest equip is 6 Magic 1 str every 2 level for both armor and weapons, if you go arcane armor. if you Light armor however, minimum requirement is 6 magic 2 str 2 dex every 2 level which used up all the stats point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]