Psychic Weapons

Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
edited May 2011 in Psychic
Is it normal that our class only has 1 weapon availability?

U can't use any other arcane weapon or the skills won't work, u need an orb for the skills.

That's not really fair imho, where other arcane classes can choose between 3 weapons we have 1, and when we can't find a decent replacement for the one we already have, we're stuck or have to do blacksmithing (and not everyone is rich enough for that :p)

Not that I'm complaining really, I have the money for blacksmithing, and the extra weapon token quests u get are very nice too. but if u get unlucky at lvl 30 with that quest, it's either blacksmithing orkeep using ur weapon u have since lvl 19-22 lol.
Post edited by Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192 on

Comments

• wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Bottom line both classes came out underdeveloped due to .....
    Rush reasons?b:puzzled
    mOONey?b:dirty
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why would you want to use another type of weapone (there are 4 other types of magic weapon btw, wand, glaive, magic sword, pataka)

I like my soulsphere (not to mention, it looks AWESOME)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • sinnentfremdet
    sinnentfremdet Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well i like my soulsphere, too... but for example i got a glaive drop with higher magical attack, which i would like to use. turns out, i can equip it, but surprise surprise: the spells work ONLY with a soulsphere. ALL of them! -.-

soo technically, yeah... there are other magical weapons, but except for carrying them around and looking pretty, i can't do anything with them.

i think that's really kinda unfair, too.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Requiring the new weapons for the new classes means you have to generally take longer or spend more to get a weapon suited for you and catch up to the majority. So, them limiting the weapon choices works in their favor as you either have to spend more or work harder to be functional at the higher levels before many others have gotten there.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think it's pointless to QQ over weapons.

You get a mold every 10 levels... what else do you want b:angry ?
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    Mikeymike - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think it's pointless to QQ over weapons.

You get a mold every 10 levels... what else do you want b:angry ?

wrong you get a "chance" to get a mold every 10 levels. im level 26 atm but the lvl 19 1 i did i got mirages...b:cry b:cry b:cry
  • Yuri - Raging Tide
    Yuri - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Is it normal that our class only has 1 weapon availability?

U can't use any other arcane weapon or the skills won't work, u need an orb for the skills.

That's not really fair imho, where other arcane classes can choose between 3 weapons we have 1, and when we can't find a decent replacement for the one we already have, we're stuck or have to do blacksmithing (and not everyone is rich enough for that :p)

Not that I'm complaining really, I have the money for blacksmithing, and the extra weapon token quests u get are very nice too. but if u get unlucky at lvl 30 with that quest, it's either blacksmithing orkeep using ur weapon u have since lvl 19-22 lol.

Why can't you find a replacement, there is a shop in the Blacksmith no?You don't necessarily have to make it, just buy it. If you not going overboard on your spending you should have enough for that.
    And as for only one weapon, I kind of like that, I have a hard time making up my mind when it comes to weapons, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Antiquity Recruting: PM Calanthia or WhiteBlaze for info/invite antiquitypwi.mmoguildsites.com/

Characters:
    BellaKitsune-Venomancer/Eirian-Cleric/Ralphina-Blademaster/ChastityHope-Archer/
    Calanthia-Wizard-Leader of Antiquity/Kiyoko-Assassin/Yuri-Psychic
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    wrong you get a "chance" to get a mold every 10 levels. im level 26 atm but the lvl 19 1 i did i got mirages...b:cry b:cry b:cry

I got my lvl 22 weapon and I would say it's a pretty high chance since alot of people are running around with it. b:bye
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the reason for wanting a choice of weapons is to suit the players needs. l look for channeling for my veno, but my daughter looks for higher HP/MP. so i go for a weapon that has that, and she goes for a different type. TBs wont have that choice, unless they figure out the yoyo ball equivalent of sword/pataka/glaive. too bad, i wont be able to pass along stuff to my TB, the way i have with my other alts. on the plus side, i have something new to make!

Why can't you find a replacement, there is a shop in the Blacksmith no?You don't necessarily have to make it, just buy it. If you not going overboard on your spending you should have enough for that.
    And as for only one weapon, I kind of like that, I have a hard time making up my mind when it comes to weapons, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Lacrimarine - Raging Tide
    Lacrimarine - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm stucked with blacksmithing.
    Wasted a pretty big sum to upgrade my skill b:surrender
    But hey! It's worth it!
    I got 2 3* weapons (both at my first attempt manufacturing weapons).
    One was worn out already and the second one is still safe b:dirty

The one I'm using now was from the Supply Stash.
    I hope you haven't forgotten that b:chuckle

Hope I'll get more 3* in the future ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I got my lvl 22 weapon and I would say it's a pretty high chance since alot of people are running around with it. b:bye

hey gio...but yes i think it is quite a high chance to get it...i made my psychics 22 mold and about 5 other peoples molds...and i see HEAPS of people running around with them
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMachinist - Harshlands
    TheMachinist - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think that the best reason for the limited weapon choice fits perfectly into the story. The Tideborn were seperated for thousands of years, so it makes sense that their weapons developed differently than the other races.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    all there skills are soul based. the only way to control those souls is using soul orbs to contain all the souls and the souls power in. the other weapons cannot do this and thuse u cannot use the psys skills with those other eweapons.

atleast thats my explanation on why they cant use there skills with other weapons =o
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hey gio...but yes i think it is quite a high chance to get it...i made my psychics 22 mold and about 5 other peoples molds...and i see HEAPS of people running around with them

so not fair both my lvl 20 one and lvl 30 one only gave me mirages b:cry
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im pretty sure its 50% chance to get the mirages and 50% chance to get the mold. basically the same as tossing a coin and getting heads or tailsb:surrender
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im pretty sure its 50% chance to get the mirages and 50% chance to get the mold. basically the same as tossing a coin and getting heads or tailsb:surrender

It's declining probability, not even probability to the best of my knowledge. The more people get it the less likely the next person is to get it.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's declining probability, not even probability to the best of my knowledge. The more people get it the less likely the next person is to get it.

I know who you are now.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Miss_Cleo - Lost City
    Miss_Cleo - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    so not fair both my lvl 20 one and lvl 30 one only gave me mirages b:cry

I have gotten mirages on all 3 weapon tokens b:surrenderb:sad
  • Esren - Sanctuary
    Esren - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Considering Psys are already fantastic caster-classes (our skills out-damage Wizards, we get nice self-buffs and heals, and we cast faster), I'm feeling exclusive weaponry is a trade-off.

Plus, just going with the general feel of the psychic - the whole idea is we're supposed to be fighting with "mind power" channeled through our soulsphere. Can't do that with other weapons, yeah? =)

I dunno, it's the producers offering a unique class you're not likely to find in another game, I guess. I like it, personally. =)
  • Ziwemanon - Sanctuary
    Ziwemanon - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm using the one from lvl 50 Supply stash.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009

b:chuckle Level 80...are you serious?

Oracle much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited December 2009
    b:chuckle Level 80...are you serious?

Oracle much?

*poke* Y'wanna know who they are...?

b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the reason for wanting a choice of weapons is to suit the players needs. l look for channeling for my veno, but my daughter looks for higher HP/MP. so i go for a weapon that has that, and she goes for a different type. TBs wont have that choice, unless they figure out the yoyo ball equivalent of sword/pataka/glaive.
    Huh? Weapon type has nothing to do with stat generation- as far as I know, a wand has an equal chance to drop with +HP/MP as a pataka, glaive, orb, crossbow, whatever.

Unless you're talking about set stat weapons (TT, etc), in which case it's a matter of the devs not creating as many uniques for Psychic as for other classes, not the weapon type they're tied to. (For example, other casters get four greens/yellows at level 70- one wand, three swords, and no patakas or glaives. There's nothing stopping the devs from making four unique orbs for that level.)

I do see the argument about less weapon types meaning more time between weapon upgrades- casters have four different weapon types, so they could potentially upgrade every 2-3 levels if they wanted to. But the relatively easy access to low-level uniques for TB classes makes up for it, and once you hit level 60 you're just going to upgrade to the next tier of TT weapons every 10 levels anyways.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *poke* Y'wanna know who they are...?

b:sin

I believe I might already know b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited December 2009
    I believe I might already know b:shutup

Hmph...fine...take all the fun out of it.

...stupid SgtSIaught--O SHI--
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009

I'm still using the Lvl 22 weapon and we both... did not get the mold.... b:chuckle

The way I see it, the higher the quest goes, the lower the chance of getting the weapon.

Unless, the devs made it in such a way that you will not get the lvl 30 weapon mold if you have the lvl 22 till lvl 40 (alternate level range, to be fair or whatever)

If new weapons do not come out soon, we will end up waiting for stash at lvl 50 and that's a long journey.... Hope the mirages will have a high success rate. Anyway, tideborn general is rather stingy..... b:laugh

edit: I got the 2 mirages at lvl 30 and promptly + 2 to it... kinda pointless.... lol
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm still using the Lvl 22 weapon and we both... did not get the mold.... b:chuckle

The way I see it, the higher the quest goes, the lower the chance of getting the weapon.

Unless, the devs made it in such a way that you will not get the lvl 30 weapon mold if you have the lvl 22 till lvl 40 (alternate level range, to be fair or whatever)

If new weapons do not come out soon, we will end up waiting for stash at lvl 50 and that's a long journey.... Hope the mirages will have a high success rate. Anyway, tideborn general is rather stingy..... b:laugh

edit: I got the 2 mirages at lvl 30 and promptly + 2 to it... kinda pointless.... lol

i know that sucked b:sad i also didnt get the lvl 43 req mold b:angry so im waiting for lvl 50 supply stash
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asila - Lost City
    Asila - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    .....SNIP But the relatively easy access to low-level uniques for TB classes makes up for it, and once you hit level 60 you're just going to upgrade to the next tier of TT weapons every 10 levels anyways.
    hmm theres a TT60 Tideborn, then the TT90 and TT99 weapons
    havent seen any TT70 or TT80 weaps for Tideborn
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    hmm theres a TT60 Tideborn, then the TT90 and TT99 weapons
    havent seen any TT70 or TT80 weaps for Tideborn

We have been short changed...no weapons...no skills from 69 onwards..... b:laugh
  • Tidex - Sanctuary
    Tidex - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I seriously hope they add more TT weapons, because after getting mirages for both the lvl 20 and 30 quests, let's just say I'm a little disappointed b:sad.