_Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    there are a few chippable molds...mysti merchant
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quimeliquola - Dreamweaver
    Quimeliquola - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Not sure if anyone noticed, but the Token III mold (lvl43) > lvl50 Supply Stash. Its pretty much usable till lvl 60 or until u get the next Token. b:victory
    Atlantis "We Will Rise From the Depths!"
    We are a Tideborn based faction, LVL3 and welcoming all classes. Shout out for invite!b:victory
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What does the lvl 50 stash weapon have btw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A weapon that's equivalent to the wizard's/cleric's/veno's General Summer's Magic Sword, probably.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Albacore - Dreamweaver
    Albacore - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm level 29, using the bead of trials (3*** 2 sockets, sapphire shards imbued) I find its better than the supply stash 20 weapon (afaik thats where i got the other one from) that I see everyone running around with, as well as the basic NPC 25 weapon. I don't know what this lvl 22 one is you guys are talking about, unless its the mold weapon you have a *chance* to get when you kill Qingzi. Surprise surprise, I didn't get that one.

I thought I read elsewhere on the forums that the bead of trials is supposed to be lost as part of a quest. I've done all the quests from tideborn.. and I still have the bead of trials. I guess I count myself lucky :p
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm level 29, using the bead of trials (3*** 2 sockets, sapphire shards imbued) I find its better than the supply stash 20 weapon (afaik thats where i got the other one from) that I see everyone running around with, as well as the basic NPC 25 weapon.
    Actually, if both have max attack shards in them, the Supply Stash one is better. Check your stats for each and you'll see.
    I thought I read elsewhere on the forums that the bead of trials is supposed to be lost as part of a quest. I've done all the quests from tideborn.. and I still have the bead of trials. I guess I count myself lucky :p
    You can trade it in to General Summer for an HP or MP charm.

It's kind of silly, since you end up having the dang thing for only one level. I sharded mine, only to get the better Supply Stash one next level, then turned it in for the charm. b:sad
  • Albacore - Dreamweaver
    Albacore - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Actually, if both have max attack shards in them, the Supply Stash one is better. Check your stats for each and you'll see.

You can trade it in to General Summer for an HP or MP charm.

It's kind of silly, since you end up having the dang thing for only one level. I sharded mine, only to get the better Supply Stash one next level, then turned it in for the charm. b:sad

hmm... maybe I'm not looking at this right, but the supply stash one is the lvl 5 soulsphere right?.... It has no sockets. Or maybe I'm just confuddled. I leveled through 20 so fast I forget where half the **** I've acquired came from.

screenies of the two weapons equipped - along with my m. attack stats:
    idxdo5.jpg
    2pynssx.jpg

anywhoo... I never got a quest to trade any weapons in for a charm. only charm I ever got was from the jumping quest.
  • Quimeliquola - Dreamweaver
    Quimeliquola - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What does the lvl 50 stash weapon have btw?

I forgot the name, but before i got it, i named it General Summer's Balls... b:chuckle
    Atlantis "We Will Rise From the Depths!"
    We are a Tideborn based faction, LVL3 and welcoming all classes. Shout out for invite!b:victory
  • eternaltwilightaroua
    eternaltwilightaroua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    wnight wrote: »
    Bottom line both classes came out underdeveloped due to .....
    Rush reasons?b:puzzled
    mOONey?b:dirty

may be but it is pretty common for gms to think of big things and then turn out not as great as intended
  • mage11egam
    mage11egam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I got my lvl 22 weapon and I would say it's a pretty high chance since alot of people are running around with it. b:bye

U have a 50/50 chance of getting either wep mold or mirage celestones
  • ensarek
    ensarek Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    U have a 50/50 chance of getting either weapon mold or mirage celestones <<< This is a joke.

My Psy is lvl 41 and hasn't got a single weapon mold & has already turned in 3 weapon tokens. I'm still using a weapon token 1 soulsphere which I had to borrow from a friend. I'm gathering the mats to make a lvl 45 soulsphere now. I haven't even found a decent weapon in the Auction House. People are either trying to sell a weapon you can get at the blacksmith cheaper (Don't they bother to check?), or if it is a blue star weapon they want an outrageous amount for it. Haven't even found a decent soulsphere drop yet either.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/20917
    You're just unlucky, that's all there is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ensarek
    ensarek Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That might be true Hypnos, but she has been pretty lucky where it counts in combat, she has only died 1 time so far. As far as the weapon token quests are concerned if I don't get a mold next time I will probably disregard them in the future. I can always make my own using regular mats & TT mats when I start doing Twilight Temple. Thanks for that vote of confidence though, lol.

b:laugh
  • StarmanSuper - Harshlands
    StarmanSuper - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Honestly, by the time I've finished the weapon token quests the molds are useless (since I kill the bosses higher than normal since I don't have a guild or w/e) so I prefer to have the celestones (well, not really, since I usually just sell the molds - there are SO MANY of them floating around on the market, just make some money and buy one for christ's sake)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yar psychic weapons be floating all over the place
    (>.<)
    people only use them for like....2 days anyway and then reach the next level tier since it be so darn easy to level now.
    xD

also yesh only 1 weapon choice....b:bye
    lore wise: tideborns never saw a glaive, pataka, or wand before since they has been separated for so long.
    b:chuckle
    o right here we go:
    I think that the best reason for the limited weapon choice fits perfectly into the story. The Tideborn were seperated for thousands of years, so it makes sense that their weapons developed differently than the other races.

this fishy agrees with me.
    ^.^
    although that be weird since wizard = founder of psychic soul magic
    O_o'
    or....this guy
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ensarek wrote: »
    U have a 50/50 chance of getting either weapon mold or mirage celestones <<< This is a joke.

My Psy is lvl 41 and hasn't got a single weapon mold & has already turned in 3 weapon tokens. I'm still using a weapon token 1 soulsphere which I had to borrow from a friend. I'm gathering the mats to make a lvl 45 soulsphere now. I haven't even found a decent weapon in the Auction House. People are either trying to sell a weapon you can get at the blacksmith cheaper (Don't they bother to check?), or if it is a blue star weapon they want an outrageous amount for it. Haven't even found a decent soulsphere drop yet either.

.-. Wow. and I thought using the (lvl 25) weapon from my wp token 1 was bad....

The only bad thing about using JUST spheres is when you LOOSE it. (IE: You just HAPPEN to be red named, and there just HAPPENS to be a PKing Archer when you HAPPEN to be gathering materials @ Raging Tides....one of the quietest places in PW.)

Then, you either have to buy from a merchant (boo) pray to GOD a monster drops one (unlikely as hell) or wait for your next weapon token (and @ level 35...you have to fight the Wyvern from BH 51...Impossible without a squad much?)

So the moral of this story is.....if you have a soulsphere, cherish it with your life, until you get the next weapon token/buy a better one/find a better one, then in which case you may carelessly throw it out, and cherish the one you get AFTER it....so on and so forth.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    ....it apply to all class not just tideborn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think it's pointless to QQ over weapons.

You get a mold every 10 levels... what else do you want b:angry ?

Swing and a miss!
    You MIGHT get a mold every ten levels. Or you might get a mirage stone. Whatever.

And hypnos, that's not true. Venos, clerics, and magicians can all use either wands or magic swords. Barbs and BMs can either use fists, swords, axes, or polearms. Archers can only use arrows, admittedly, but they have many different types. For Tideborns, you really do have to wait awhile before getting a new weapon. Or get a crappy one from the blacksmith.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    No you're wrong. Regardless of what they use, nothing is free. Either they get it from merchant, mold, TT/OHT. For every weapons, you can only get new one every 10 lvl.

For BM, their weapons correspond with a skills trees, which have different requirement in DEX and STR. If you focus on 1 skills trees (for exemple, axe), you can only get new axe every 10 lvl from merchant. It is different with multi path but it is impossible pre 71 and require a lot spirit and coinage to max out skills.

For Magical Instrument, the weapon have different base magic attack and STR requirement. Pataka for example have wide min and max atk but require a bit more STR and most of the bonus benefits survivablity.The average damage however is the same.

For ranged weapon, the attack speed along with min and max damage are different. Slingshot is fastest and constant damage, crossbow is slowest but have good spike while bow is somewhere in between. It's all about preference and purpose of the player.

As for Tideborn, their skills don't allow them to use other magical instrument, but their weapon damage min and max atk along with STR requirement is ideal (not too low or too high ) hence 1 weap can last you long enough until you get a better one.

How many Magical instrument can be craft with chips? how many are actually decent? compare to spheres, I honestly think tideborn have the better end of the stick. Not to mention for every Token quest you have 50% chance to get the weap other with the mold drop from your fb, compare to other class, they have much lower probability of getting mold. They should be adding Mold Spheres into fb drop instead of giving out 50% chance getting mold weapon and flood the market.

From 60+, every 10 lvl you have a new weapon and it apply for all class (it's called Twilight Temple) respectively 60,70,80,90,99,100. How many time you change weapon before that? you got one from stash at 50, if you don't like it, a merchant or crafted weapon can work fine until you reach 60.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cathyz - Dreamweaver
    Cathyz - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Is it normal that our class only has 1 weapon availability?

U can't use any other arcane weapon or the skills won't work, u need an orb for the skills.

That's not really fair imho, where other arcane classes can choose between 3 weapons we have 1, and when we can't find a decent replacement for the one we already have, we're stuck or have to do blacksmithing (and not everyone is rich enough for that :p)

Not that I'm complaining really, I have the money for blacksmithing, and the extra weapon token quests u get are very nice too. but if u get unlucky at lvl 30 with that quest, it's either blacksmithing orkeep using ur weapon u have since lvl 19-22 lol.

My opinion is its better that every class have their own guns(I hope some day own unigue armors too) and thingys... makes them more special and interesting to play.. i couldnt play pwi if every magic and melee class have same weapon options that makes game booring and stupid and if there would be same magic weapons to everyone why i bother even chooge class cause i know nothing different in it? b:bored
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Please stop resurrecting these old threads for no reason. Any discussion more than a month old has probably died for a reason. Plus, you're making my server look bad.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]