SoulBurn ownage??

numanumanu
numanumanu Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Psychic
Hey, if u look at a lv 49 debuff skill call Soulburn, it says attacker takes the damage equal to your soul power. Right now I am lv 20. if I cast that skill, my enemy will take exactly 1700 damge if they attack. if i am lv 49, my attacker will take 4000 or more damage if they attack?? This will be like a auto kill if u cast in PvP on a wizard or something if they attack you?
Post edited by numanumanu on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    numanumanu wrote: »
    Hey, if u look at a lv 49 debuff skill call Soulburn, it says attacker takes the damage equal to your soul power. Right now I am lv 20. if I cast that skill, my enemy will take exactly 1700 damge if they attack. if i am lv 49, my attacker will take 4000 or more damage if they attack?? This will be like a auto kill if u cast in PvP on a wizard or something if they attack you?

In PvP damage is reduced, don't forget to take that into account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol probably only going to do around 1k or less (if it be an elemental attack)
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i used a bt on a 3x psyc idk how much soul force or w/e it is he had but i only got hit back for 6 when i hited him 6k
  • Avaricious - Dreamweaver
    Avaricious - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I just tested it in Pvp. My soul force was 4831 or so at the time, and I used it against a Wiz named Ursa, don't know what level she was, but at least 8x I think. Anyway, I only did 364 damage. She says that is alot considering I was only Lv49 at the time, but either way, it's severely nerfed in PVP. Even in regular usage, it only hits about 3.5k with it when my Soulforce is now 5k.
    "Avaricious often implies a pathological, driven greediness for money or other valuables and usually suggests a concomitant miserliness."
  • numanumanu
    numanumanu Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    so do u think its worth it to lv it up?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    eh sure?
    4k is a pretty good PvE attack.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I just tested it in Pvp. My soul force was 4831 or so at the time, and I used it against a Wiz named Ursa, don't know what level she was, but at least 8x I think. Anyway, I only did 364 damage. She says that is alot considering I was only Lv49 at the time, but either way, it's severely nerfed in PVP. Even in regular usage, it only hits about 3.5k with it when my Soulforce is now 5k.

ursa is a strong 9x wiz

if u wanan test it again im free atm leme know
    edited December 2009
    ursa is a strong 9x wiz

if u wanan test it again im free atm leme know

Yeah, I'll sign in in about 20 minutes, if you're on we can test it, I think my Soulforce is 5K on the mark right now, so it should be good.
    "Avaricious often implies a pathological, driven greediness for money or other valuables and usually suggests a concomitant miserliness."
  • _Juno_ - Heavens Tear
    _Juno_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    dunno if its been mentioned but maybe when they attack , how many ever times they attack it will "add up " to your soul force, not directly hit them for 5k or w/e your soulforce is at the time. :/ just what i think. and it would dependi on how many hits it took the other person to kill you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sniperad
    sniperad Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    eh sure?
    4k is a pretty good PvE attack.

And she/he is only at level 49!!! This is a very good damage. My Cleric hits for 4k-5k at level 69 :(
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2009

In PvP it applies both defense and reduction, so the 364 you got is quite good compared to the level and equipment difference (assuming you are 49, if I missed that, my apologies).

Also, that skill only increases the duration (from 5 to 8 seconds), so its up to you if you want to level it or not.
    edited December 2009
    In PvP it applies both defense and reduction, so the 364 you got is quite good compared to the level and equipment difference (assuming you are 49, if I missed that, my apologies).

Also, that skill only increases the duration (from 5 to 8 seconds), so its up to you if you want to level it or not.

Yeah, I noticed only the duration increased with level. Is 8 seconds the level 10 Duration? If so, I can only imagine it being shining against Fist BM's/Assassins in the future.
  • Falacer - Harshlands
    Falacer - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    PVE dam - PVP damage = 1/4 reduction.

thought that would help.

and to the post earlier, You did that against a 8x wizzie at 5x and did 364.

now try that on a 5x Heavy armor and see how much you do since they have low elemental def :]
    Falacer Permitted ZZig into faction

Falacer: Welcome ZZig :D

ZZig has left the faction

Falacer: You biitch.