Assassin Genie Skills.

Options
mykehawke01
mykehawke01 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Assassin
Hey, I'm trying to start early with my genie to make one good for DD and pvp. I've been thinking Exteme Poison, to make every hit count; Holy Path, for the quick get away or chase down; possibly thunderstorm, in order to compensate for a lack of elemental damage given by assassins for the fights against HA; then i'm lost. Please put your thoughts below about what I've already posted or what you think would go well there.

Please put down the skill and what stat they are based on (i.e. dex, vit, mag, str.)

EDIT:
A few other ideas:
Wind Shield
Impact
Tangling Mire
Second Wind
Post edited by mykehawke01 on

Comments

• threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Occult Ice is good for squishy robes.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hey, I'm trying to start early with my genie to make one good for DD and pvp. I've been thinking Exteme Poison, to make every hit count; Holy Path, for the quick get away or chase down; possibly thunderstorm, in order to compensate for a lack of elemental damage given by assassins for the fights against HA; then i'm lost. Please put your thoughts below about what I've already posted or what you think would go well there.

Please put down the skill and what stat they are based on (i.e. dex, vit, mag, str.)

EDIT:
    A few other ideas:
    Wind Shield
    Impact
    Tangling Mire
    Second Wind

Relentless courage is very nice for Melee seeing as how..I dont remember the exact number every 4 genie strength is a speed 1%, So you start out with a base of 5% take my genie for example(Strength/Vit Hybrid) I have 60 strength on it which means.. 15% more attack speed+5% base=20% attack speed..Much nicer than wind shield unless you need the def from windshield.
    Impact and Tangling Mire..Is there a difference? Impact is the name of the pdef debuff from tangling mire.
    Second wind or ToP is a must for any class. no question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • ImYourMartyr - Raging Tide
    ImYourMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Glad somebody made this. I was just coming to post about Genies XD I managed a 20/20 genie somehow and normally the first skill I'd hit up is Holy Path...Seems kinda overkill with all our speed buffs...and Second Wind is better for low health classes but my genie is a dex starter...I'm quite confuzzled as to what to do at this point XD
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Glad somebody made this. I was just coming to post about Genies XD I managed a 20/20 genie somehow and normally the first skill I'd hit up is Holy Path...Seems kinda overkill with all our speed buffs...and Second Wind is better for low health classes but my genie is a dex starter...I'm quite confuzzled as to what to do at this point XD

Confuzzled? Try Wind Shield, increases your attack rate, and reduces damage taken. Then, try Tree of Protection, a good skill incase your HP gets too low. =D
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Thanks...Wind Shield is amazing...Cheap cost, Instant CD...Lasts quite a while...My new R Hotkey for questing :3
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wow..I forgot a big one
    LEAF DANCE b:dirty
    Increases crit rate for a while not sure the length at max but its a nice time..(a minute and chage)?
    Most Archers/LA classes use this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Leaf Dance Level 1
    Genie lvl 15
    Spirit 560
    Metal 1 - Wood 1 - Water 1

Range Self
    Energy 40
    Stamina 500
    Instant
    Cooldown 20 seconds
    Requisite Class All

You are a leaf on the wind.
    Increases your Critstrike Rate by 2% for 33 seconds.
    Does not stack with other effects that increase your Critstrike rate.

Strength: Each Genie Strength point increases the duration by 1 second.

Not too good for Assassins...I heard somewhere one of our attacks negates that poison 20% extra damage skill too...
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Leaf Dance Level 1
    Genie lvl 15
    Spirit 560

Range Self
    Energy 40
    Stamina 500
    Instant
    Cooldown 20 seconds
    Requisite Class All

Not too good for Assassins...I heard somewhere one of our attacks negates that poison 20% extra damage skill too...

How is that not good for Assassins? To use when not having your own critstrike buff up, with 60 strg, this skill at level 1 lasts a minute and 33 seconds for a free 2% crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    second wind is good. but im not rly a expert on genies at all. how much crit does leafe dance increase?

edit: nvm i see it lol
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    2% at level one for 33 seconds (1 more sec per strg) At level 1, im unsure but Im betting higher levels just increase duration
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpiderBait_x - Lost City
    SpiderBait_x - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    its not good for Assassins becuz it does not stack and assassins get a self buff at like lvl 13 to increase crit rate by 12 % for 30 seconds.. lol waste of genie slot..

i wud use :
    Second Wind - Heal
    Extreme piosen - Amp
    Holy Path - Speed ( i knw we hav speed buffs alrdy but this is powerful and very useful )
    and Absolute Domain when i cud get it or else another defence buff
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    it doesn't increase crit rate it in creases crit damage . . .
    edited December 2009
    Options
    it doesn't increase crit rate it in creases crit damage . . .

^what the very wise fishy said

crit dmg=/= crit rate.

we do have a skill that increases our crit rate tho, but that doesnt come untill like lvl 49 or 59 (forgot which lvl and forgot the name of it lol) wonder how much that skill will increase it by
  • SilentNight_ - Heavens Tear
    SilentNight_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What kig of genie is better for the start up,longevity or infliction? (i know they can learn the same skills,it's just to have a little advantage from the base genie's stats)
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    depends on what skills you want to

some skills need high dex to be effective and others need to have a high str
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Extreme Poison/Tangling Mire, Occult Ice, Holy Path, Windshield/Tree of Protection, Absolute Domain, Badge of Courage.

Kind of depends if you're going dex or str on your genie. For pvp you're definately going to need certain survivability skills though. You don't want to get stunlocked my a BM. b:shutup
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Extreme Poison/Tangling Mire, Occult Ice, Holy Path, Windshield/Tree of Protection, Absolute Domain, Badge of Courage.

Kind of depends if you're going dex or str on your genie. For pvp you're definately going to need certain survivability skills though. You don't want to get stunlocked my a BM. b:shutup

we do have 3 skills that can avoid us from getting stunlocked to much tho.
  • Heion - Lost City
    Heion - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I usually never post in the forums but oh well...
    I wouldn't recommend Extreme Poison when it comes to assasins remember that we got Subsea Strike (even though it's level 59) that DOESN'T stack with it, and seeming as we get so much chi at higher levels there is just no use for Extreme Poison.

Holly Path- this genie skill I have it even on my high level BM at first I didn't see much use into it, but once you are pvping and the target starts running away you can teleport to him, yes, stun him, with shadow protection but once he starts running again, get infront of him with holly path and slain him, this is up for everyone either to use it or not.
  • Yiel - Harshlands
    Yiel - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    bump, need more input
  • Hichel - Harshlands
    Hichel - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Leaf Dance Level 1
    Genie lvl 15
    Spirit 560

Range Self
    Energy 40
    Stamina 500
    Instant
    Cooldown 20 seconds
    Requisite Class All

How is that not good for Assassins? To use when not having your own critstrike buff up, with 60 strg, this skill at level 1 lasts a minute and 33 seconds for a free 2% crit.

our skill increases Critical Strike Damage, so Leaf Dance is a good one with wolf emblem.
    Played 2 years and a half with Clerics
    Falken: Elf Priest(EP) lvl 98 PW-MY
    Hichel: Sacerdote lvl 93 PW-BR

To become an Assassin
    Hichel: Assassin for now Active.
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I seriously recommend everyone that can to try out Wind Shield...I didn't even think about it at first and now I use it almost every fight...It's vastly buffed by Dex unlike some skills and it's cheap as heck to cast and does a bunch of helpful things.

Skill
    Wind Shield Level 10
    Genie lvl 58
    Spirit 16.360 (53.260)
    Metal 3

Energy 62
    Stamina 240
    Instant
    Cooldown 1 second
    Requisite Class All

Uses wind power to protect yourself. Reduces damage received by 15%.
    Increases attack speed and Evasion by 10%.
    Lasts 8 seconds.

Dexterity: Every 8 Genie Dexterity points increases the damage reduction effect by 1%.
    Dexterity: Every 50 Genie Dexterity points increases the duration by 1 second.

So 100 Dex = 10 second duration and 27% damage reduction ontop of the evasion and attack speed. This skill is wicked. Instant CD too :D
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Thunderstorm is a God's bless for all melee classes b:thanks since sin's are melee class they can use it and deal 728 metal dmg(at lvl 10) to those HA (triple dmg to ground targets and double to near objectives) every dex point increases dmg by 2% b:cool
    so... (728x3)+(728x2)+X%=b:shocked!!
    btw... this is not a skill to use on arcane users b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Athena - Raging Tide
    Athena - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So 100 Dex = 10 second duration and 27% damage reduction ontop of the evasion and attack speed. This skill is wicked. Instant CD too :D

Except that extra evasion wont help you against caster classes, and you don't really need the extra attack speed in PvP in general because assassin damage is based off of their skills (which is why chill of the deep decreases attack rate).

I believe there are better genie skills you could be using for PvP instead of wind shield.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    personaly i think any skill that will increase ur dmg like tangling mire or extreme poison along with some healing/dmg reduction skills will be very good. the dmg will be very very nice since sins already have naturally good spike dmg.
  • DontBlink - Harshlands
    DontBlink - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The ones I have that are personally my favorite are these.

Holy Path
    Leaf Dance
    Second Wind
    And Tangle Mire.

Works Rly good in pvp
  • bibf
    bibf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just use spark to lower the enemies fire resistance(i keep fire damage in my weapons.) and i then use explosion to pick up the slack if i cant kil the enemy in 3 seconds. it should look like this.

From stealth mode....

Genie spark > Tackling slash>slipstream(or strongest move.)>Genie explosion> deep sting> (they are asleep if they are alive. you can do whatever from here. if they are still alive with ok hp RUN. .... if they almost dead then you should spark and slipstream.

it works for me and i can assassinate people 20 lvls higher than me easy. just make sure you have a str vit genie.
  • SpiderBait_x - Lost City
    SpiderBait_x - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So far on my genie i have..

-Second Wind... Heal every1 shud hav 1 really..
    -Tangling Mire Pdef Debuff.. amazing for fighting HA or even LA, plus the little bit of a slow it puts on target helps now and then to
    -Explosion, Not an amzing skill i know, and no its not to fight HA mainly just for that extra range skill if som1 runs,and genrally when they run their hp is near gone so this kills them nicely
    -Wind Shield, LOVE this skills to pieces!! use it to dps in PvP and the lil bit of bless and evasion is nice too.. but PvE aswell, bein a sin your gonna get aggro.. or even instances when u needa kill mob fast to save squad wipe, Wolf Emblem > Double Spark > Wind Shield dps, now between the bless and massive boost in hp regen from bloodpaint i was solo'n elite mobs in wraithgate for my 20/20/20

And in bh.. you always get ppl aggro to many mobs and cud cause party wipe, as sad as i sounds. lol.. but with this ive yet to be killed ina run
  • Matsuo_Basho - Harshlands
    Matsuo_Basho - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I put in my genie (Zeal, lure is so much important for sins):

-lvl10 Second Wind
    -lvl10 Holy Path
    -lvl10 Leaf dance
    -lvl6 Absolute Domain

plus, lvl1 Earthflame but..that was obvious lol
  • Isoloria - Archosaur
    Isoloria - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Here are some useful (str-based) genie skills for PK...

Occult Ice of course, to add an edge to your stunlocks...

Maybe Blood Clot, to protect yourself from nix bleed and possibly bleed from other sins...

Impact... Large amounts of *magic* Water damage, reduces physical defense... Goodbye, remaining difficulties with HA b:victory (If you can find a better skill for this, tell me please.) EDIT: Tangling Mire comes readily to mind... It's a better debuff, but Impact does magic damage... Your choice, I guess.

ToP, for obvious reasons... (Not Second Wind, once you max ToP it restores 20% of your max HP every 3 seconds, which is quite a bit with all the max HP you got from all the str you added in... It's like a portable mini-blue bubble b:laugh)

Not quite as crucial, but maybe Heart of Steel and Nullify Poison for picking on archers/clerics and venos... (Even though archers aren't much of a problem in the first place) EDIT: On second thought, you don't really need these, what with all these apothecary pots going around... Besides, those classes all have ways of using physical attacks anyway, so...

And Bramble Rage... You're gonna need some dex for this one, but it's too good to pass up, plus by the time you get it you'll have more than enough str to go around.

If you don't get enough LP, you're gonna have to choose which skills you want the most. Worst case scenario, you only have 4 slots, so I'd choose ToP, Impact, Occult Ice, and Bramble Rage, but that's just me. You'll only be able to get all these skills if you get very, very lucky, so you *will* have to pick and choose.

Iso out. b:victory b:avoid
  • A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i have:

holy path
    occult ice
    frenzy
    wind shield
    mire
    expel