Petition For New Tideborn Hairstyles To Be Made Available To Other Races

Options
Kaelyn - Harshlands
Kaelyn - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Suggestion Box
As per the title.

With the release of the Rising Tide expansion, more unique and varied hairstyles have been introduced. This is a good thing. Indeed, I am grateful to the developers for putting so much effort to make every character positively individualistic. This is a MMO, after all, and such detail is important. But I was disappointed when I found that the new hairstyles could not be applied to other races. b:sad Why are they limited to only the Tideborn? Previously, all races shared the same number of hairstyles and had access to all of them; now, however, the Tideborn cannot access other races' hairstyles and vice versa. This is a change from the previous status quo and I do not think that this should be the case.

I also find it puzzling commerially because I would think that if new hairstyles were available, people would spend on Makeover Scrolls to change their older hairstyles.

That being said, I would like to find out others' opinions on this. Do you think the hairstyles should be shared, or not? I do hope that eventually the hairstyles will be all shared. b:thanks

EDIT: Oops, I totally forgot about the existance of the hairstyles with shells. I agree that those with shells should remain Tideborn specific. So treat the poll with respect to those without shells. (:
Post edited by Kaelyn - Harshlands on

Comments

• Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Some of them should; but not the ones with shells :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Some of them should; but not the ones with shells :x

+1.
    Most of it has shells or something sea related which is why Im thinking its race specific.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't think the tideborns hairstyles are that amazing. But if they wanna enable them for all classes, first they need to debug them.

This is what happens whe you use a tideborn hairstyle on a non-tideborn class

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8720/20091218203845.jpg
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't think the tideborns hairstyles are that amazing. But if they wanna enable them for all classes, first they need to debug them.

Shouldn't be modifying game files to force it to do something it isn't supposed to do. Thats a TOS/EULA no-no.

~S
  • Kaelyn - Harshlands
    Kaelyn - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

What Saitada said. Just to clarify, I'm talking about a legit way to enable Tideborn hairstyles (those without shells) to be used on all races and classes. This is a **** and it obviously doesn't always work out as intended. If this was official, I'm sure the devs would ensure that the hairstyles come out visually correct. (:

Kae
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's called preset save, not modified anything, i think.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options

That's correct. It's a preset save and it's completely legal and not against ToS.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

b:shocked
    is she...going bald?
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    is she...going bald?

Even before the tideborn expansion was released, everyone was saying clerics are gonna be replaced by tideborn's psychics and they'll become a homeless/workless class.

If you were under that kind of stress you'll lose some patches of hair too b:chuckle

and confirmed, male tideborn hairstyles are bugged too.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/9409/20091219023747.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Perzefona_ - Sanctuary
    Perzefona_ - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Why cant we make Tideborns with those old hairstyles?
    I think new ones are pretty ****.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options

It is prefectly possible to use a non-tideborn hairstyle on a tideborn character.

Make a preset save of your tideborn, copy de *.ini of your tideborn file (folder 21 for female psychic & folder 51 for female assasin. Males are 20 & 50 respectively) into another class folder (for example, folder 71 is for female clerics). Select that preset and change the hairstyle and hair texture (and ONLY the hairstyle and texture. If you make other changes the preset will fail when moved back to the tideborn). Save that preset again and copy it back into the psychic/assasin's folder.

one tideborn with no tideborn hairdo ready to rock perfect world.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3164/20091219154954.jpg

I repeat. Don't do any other change on the character besides hairstyle and hair texture or your preset save will fail when moved back to the tideborn folder.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6536/20091219160251.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AspenGoddess - Sanctuary
    AspenGoddess - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I really dont care... As long as the normal hairstyles are fixed, and soon.
  • Perzefona_ - Sanctuary
    Perzefona_ - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Dude, thats too complicated xD
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Not once you get used to it. And rite now it the only way to do it till they patch and enable the hairstyles (wich I don't think it'll happen in the near future)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    any tampering with the .ini files is 100% ILLEGAL.... it is against the rules, that was one of the top topics when PWI first came out, us veteran PW-MY players used to do that all the time, the devs here are against it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    any tampering with the .ini files is 100% ILLEGAL.... it is against the rules, that was one of the top topics when PWI first came out, us veteran PW-MY players used to do that all the time, the devs here are against it.

Open the .ini files with a text editor and DIRECTLY modify the data contained on it is illegal. It is 100% legal to modify any of the saved preset .ini files using the ingame character customization, which is what I did on the previous examples.

Also copy/pasting them, moving them around you hdd, e-mail them to your friends is not illegal either.

There was topic about this thing earlier this year and the mods told us this this is perfectly fine and not against ToS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hydrocodone - Raging Tide
    Hydrocodone - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    is she...going bald?

ROFL, Win. b:chuckle
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, it looks the tideborn hairstyles are not too popular. I've seen a lot of tideborn females without a tideborn hairdo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aethell
    aethell Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Last I checked, preset save is only available when applying presets to the same class and race. For example, you can save a Veno Preset, but you wont be able to access it when you are editing how your cleric looks. At least thats what I think.
  • Aiken - Dreamweaver
    Aiken - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't mind either way, but what I do like about the tideborn hairs without the shells are the details that the other classes lack - I wouldn't mind being able to have my cleric with these hairs.
    But then I am just a detail freak - just editing the hairs right now with more textures and such would make me happy as well.
    For some reason one of the tideborn's face presents and one of the hair styles remind me of one of my brothers ...
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That's correct. It's a preset save and it's completely legal and not against ToS.

Wrong. Saved presets are race specific.
    It is prefectly possible to use a non-tideborn hairstyle on a tideborn character.

Make a preset save of your tideborn, copy de *.ini of your tideborn file (folder 21 for female psychic & folder 51 for female assasin. Males are 20 & 50 respectively) into another class folder (for example, folder 71 is for female clerics). Select that preset and change the hairstyle and hair texture (and ONLY the hairstyle and texture. If you make other changes the preset will fail when moved back to the tideborn). Save that preset again and copy it back into the psychic/assasin's folder.

one tideborn with no tideborn hairdo ready to rock perfect world.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3164/20091219154954.jpg

I repeat. Don't do any other change on the character besides hairstyle and hair texture or your preset save will fail when moved back to the tideborn folder.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6536/20091219160251.jpg

This is begging for a ban. Modifying the game files is against the ToS and you will be banned for doing it. Do not listen to a word this person says.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • aethell
    aethell Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Yup thats what I remembered too. Since saved presets are race specific, Tideborn hairstyles are not available to other races, and vice-versa.

So make the hairstyles interchangeable please. b:thanks
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    aethell wrote: »
    Last I checked, preset save is only available when applying presets to the same class and race. For example, you can save a Veno Preset, but you wont be able to access it when you are editing how your cleric looks. At least thats what I think.

If you copy-paste the veno preset on a cleric winged elf folder, the preset will be aviable for that class. This is what i'm talkin about, and does not go against ToS.
    aethell wrote: »
    Yup thats what I remembered too. Since saved presets are race specific, Tideborn hairstyles are not available to other races, and vice-versa.

So make the hairstyles interchangeable please. b:thanks

The only race specific preset are barbarians presets (and tideborn because of the bugs they have). All the others classes/races are not race specific because they share the same 3D body model. That's why the preset saves works on all classes when you move them around. Also, the screenshots I took are proof that all hairstyles can be used on all classes (as long they're not bugged).
    This is begging for a ban. Modifying the game files is against the ToS and you will be banned for doing it. Do not listen to a word this person says.

Again, it is NOT against ToS cause you're not editing/modifying any game files.

To make this more clear, I found this thread where I asked the same question about movin, copy/pasting the preset .ini files, but to make you things easier, I quoted what Sutr said in there.
    Sutr : To clarify, moving them around is fine. Editing them is not.

Sutr : It's only a bannable offense to directly edit the .ini files. Moving them around, sending them to your friends, putting them up online... All of that is fine.

Sunshine: I am not editing any ini file, just copying a template made on own game from a folder and pasting to other. Not hacking too, just getting back my favourite hairstyle (that was available for clerics firstly when I started playing PW and now that I downloaded it again, for some unknown reason it is not there anymore).

Anything, feel free to check my (rare) logs, I am clean.

Sutr : Yeah, you're good. Just making the point clear to anyone who might be confused.

As you all can see, doing what I said, move/copy the preset .ini files between the PW preset folders is fine. As long you are not directly editing the .ini file with a text editor or any other software, is completely legal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    These kinds of topics attract so many backseat moderators.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    oh holy hell. to the guy who is talking about moving presets into different folders to achieve race specific hair on other races.. it IS illegal. yes, we all are unhappy about that and think it is a cop-out. spoons retracted everything that surtr said in that thread and said that moving them into a diff folder to get race specific hairstyles IS bannable.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=563901

read it. they're talking about that exact thread that you're quoting surtr from. there was ANOTHER thread over the xmas weekend specifically detailing how to do it and the entire thing was deleted.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

^ Agreed...I am not a huge fan of the specific styles for the Tides b:surrender

Oh and to clarify:
    We can clarify this for you:

The post regarding moving .ini files was taken out of context. Surtr stated that moving .ini files was okay provided that the presets you are moving are intended to be used on all races.

The race specific hair styles should not be used for other races, because they are meant to be used on a specific one. Modifying files to put the hair style for a different race on your character is NOT allowed, and it is against the terms of service.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    and you know what.. i just realized wwhy we will most likely NEVER see tideborn hair for all class, or vice versa... or never get decent, textured hair for everybody else...

the tideborn hair doesnt work with the "textures" for every other class (strait, highlights, wavy, braids, and rainbow).

to put the tideborn hair in that menu they'd probably have to either get rid of the textures all together or do some major.. whats the word.. debugging? to the tideborn hair to get it to work with the other textures...

it's sad. because my veno would be pwnage sexy with tideborn hair.

i guess all we can really hope for is the powers that be for pwI to change their stance on the ini editing for hair styles alone.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    oh holy hell. to the guy who is talking about moving presets into different folders to achieve race specific hair on other races.. it IS illegal. yes, we all are unhappy about that and think it is a cop-out. spoons retracted everything that surtr said in that thread and said that moving them into a diff folder to get race specific hairstyles IS bannable.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=563901

read it. they're talking about that exact thread that you're quoting surtr from. there was ANOTHER thread over the xmas weekend specifically detailing how to do it and the entire thing was deleted.

Well, I didn't knew that. If they changed their policy bout this, then so be it and disregard anything I said earlier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sure. What I'd really like to see is some of the veno hair without the crowns and bows too... but I'd settle for using other race's hairstyles.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    just want to bump this so that people dont forget about it.

perhaps we should get some torches and pitch forks and go on strike and demand the ruling on ini edits for hair be overturned b:angry
This discussion has been closed.