Petition For New Tideborn Hairstyles To Be Made Available To Other Races

2»

Comments

• AntiSacer - Dreamweaver
    AntiSacer - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think the game devs like the situation of the direct .ini file editions from notepad.
    Otherwise they would fix it and start using binary data instead, making it REALLY impossible to transfer hairstyles one class to other.
    OR they would make a very simple procedure on the Database to return an Error when trying to save a character with a "Illegal" hair ID, or Illegal data.

If this is "Ilegal" they should fix the bugs that allows it.
    While they still let this door OPEN, its useless to preach otherwise.

And the INI files are inside a folder called "userdata" this means its a data which belongs to the user. So if it belongs to the user, then the user should be able to freely edit this content.
    Otherwise, this folder should have another name. Or maybe simply make files illegible from the notepad.

FIX it or just make it LEGAL.

Edit: I really hate those stupidass morons who makes a very very fat barbarian or a cleric with a GIGANTIC head, but light alterations like hairstyles dont look that agressive and some hairstyles fits better on other classes than on the Tideborns.

And TIP: Many of the people HATE tideborn hairstyles on the tideborns.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Cool necro, bro'.

This is a nice suggestion and all for some of the hairs, but it won't happen. :/
  • Cathyz - Dreamweaver
    Cathyz - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As per the title.

With the release of the Rising Tide expansion, more unique and varied hairstyles have been introduced. This is a good thing. Indeed, I am grateful to the developers for putting so much effort to make every character positively individualistic. This is a MMO, after all, and such detail is important. But I was disappointed when I found that the new hairstyles could not be applied to other races. b:sad Why are they limited to only the Tideborn? Previously, all races shared the same number of hairstyles and had access to all of them; now, however, the Tideborn cannot access other races' hairstyles and vice versa. This is a change from the previous status quo and I do not think that this should be the case.

I also find it puzzling commerially because I would think that if new hairstyles were available, people would spend on Makeover Scrolls to change their older hairstyles.

That being said, I would like to find out others' opinions on this. Do you think the hairstyles should be shared, or not? I do hope that eventually the hairstyles will be all shared. b:thanks

EDIT: Oops, I totally forgot about the existance of the hairstyles with shells. I agree that those with shells should remain Tideborn specific. So treat the poll with respect to those without shells. (:
    I think i dont like to see tideborn hairs on other classes heads with sea cells and pearls those should stay just on tideborns heads there they belongs..
    But i want in future there should be own special hairs for every class and own special armors and guns not for just tideborns its just booring to play and see if every magic/melee classes uses same guns and armors
  • Cathyz - Dreamweaver
    Cathyz - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    As per the title.

With the release of the Rising Tide expansion, more unique and varied hairstyles have been introduced. This is a good thing. Indeed, I am grateful to the developers for putting so much effort to make every character positively individualistic. This is a MMO, after all, and such detail is important. But I was disappointed when I found that the new hairstyles could not be applied to other races. b:sad Why are they limited to only the Tideborn? Previously, all races shared the same number of hairstyles and had access to all of them; now, however, the Tideborn cannot access other races' hairstyles and vice versa. This is a change from the previous status quo and I do not think that this should be the case.

I also find it puzzling commerially because I would think that if new hairstyles were available, people would spend on Makeover Scrolls to change their older hairstyles.

That being said, I would like to find out others' opinions on this. Do you think the hairstyles should be shared, or not? I do hope that eventually the hairstyles will be all shared. b:thanks

EDIT: Oops, I totally forgot about the existance of the hairstyles with shells. I agree that those with shells should remain Tideborn specific. So treat the poll with respect to those without shells. (:
    I think the game devs like the situation of the direct .ini file editions from notepad.
    Otherwise they would fix it and start using binary data instead, making it REALLY impossible to transfer hairstyles one class to other.
    OR they would make a very simple procedure on the Database to return an Error when trying to save a character with a "Illegal" hair ID, or Illegal data.

If this is "Ilegal" they should fix the bugs that allows it.
    While they still let this door OPEN, its useless to preach otherwise.

And the INI files are inside a folder called "userdata" this means its a data which belongs to the user. So if it belongs to the user, then the user should be able to freely edit this content.
    Otherwise, this folder should have another name. Or maybe simply make files illegible from the notepad.

FIX it or just make it LEGAL.

Edit: I really hate those stupidass morons who makes a very very fat barbarian or a cleric with a GIGANTIC head, but light alterations like hairstyles dont look that agressive and some hairstyles fits better on other classes than on the Tideborns.

And TIP: Many of the people HATE tideborn hairstyles on the tideborns.

And tip:other classes hairs looks booring i love tideborn hairstyles WTF
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I wanted to vote n' comment,
    Then, it's not of the present
    I really checked the date,
    I guess this is sad fate.
    So to this sad necro,
    I say bye bye, ciao.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
This discussion has been closed.