Assassins Invisibilty (Shadow Walk)

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    you seriously expected to be able to run around infinitely, hitting out of nowhere
    and forcing into stealth? face the consequences or GTFOb:bye

but they can!
    b:shocked
    MP charm
    xD
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    Saishoni - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    but they can!
    MP charm
    xD

Shhhhhh don't say that (stealths up with my PM charm) We don't want those assassins sneaking up on everyone (sneaks up behind hamsta) it might scare them to death (BOO).

~S
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
    edited December 2009
    eek!
    well....at least your not trying to stuff me in a box.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    -quickly hides the box-
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    each level of stealth skill reduces the cost by 1mp/s

level 10 will be 15mp/s

at my level, with lvl 3 stealth, i use 1 lvl 20 mana pot when my mana is at 1/2 empty, and i have full mana again

QQ MOAR. learn how to play your class, this skill is easy as hell to use, and at later levels you'll be able to keep it up indefinitely for next to no cost
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    AN assassins mage stat will always be 5, there not mana based characters so why should there signature skill drain it?
    Using pots won't work either, and I sure as hell ain't wasting charms.

Seems like lot of people are crying about how assassins can stay invis, or abuse the skill? Lmao? I play sin in lot of mmo in the past, and no one had problem with it.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    o.o you can use pots... you can use charms... you can use apot pots... no problem unless you suck =P
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Umm yeah this skill needs to be sorted out.

24Mana per second? After 10 seconds my mana is gone, and why is there even a useage per second? Can it not just be 100 mana cost, thats it?

I will not get deeper on this LOL

...good that theres no such skill that takes 500 mp per 5 seconds...
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    ...good that theres no such skill that takes 500 mp per 5 seconds...

or.....600 in 1 second.
    undine strike...pow~
    XD
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luixo - Sanctuary
    Luixo - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It will be useful when you become level 100, with a mp charm!, You'll enjoy it then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    24 per sec? and you are moaning about that ??? You really never played a cleric or ever wondered why they QQ about MP....well GG you fail!
    b:dirty
  • Sabre_ - Harshlands
    Sabre_ - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    24 per sec? and you are moaning about that ??? You really never played a cleric or ever wondered why they QQ about MP....well GG you fail!

Good job you clerics, and wizards have a ton of mp then huh? lol
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Demon Barrage of Arrows -> 655 MP / 2.5s

Thats 262 MP/s, far more than any other class and archers dont have lots of MP.

You're really complaining about 24 MP/s?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Xeiren - Heavens Tear
    Xeiren - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A mana tick is good. At least it's keeping people from saying it's overpowered for now.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    >_< The only reason we complain is that at the level we get shadow walk it is near impossible to use because if we leave it on for just a few seconds we have no mana... it gets better as you level though....

so the only reason you hear these complaints from the sins is because they haven't leveled enough to have sw be useful
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    so the only reason you hear these complaints from the sins is because they haven't leveled enough to have sw be useful

And this is why the CS makes so much money with recent sales. So many people have no patience and want the good stuff and skills now. Just learn to wait until you have a decent level then you can complain.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Deathsscion i agree =( it's annoying but true b:sad
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    At lvl 100 a sin will probably have 2k mana and this skill at lvl 10 takes 15 MP/s

If you have a cleric buff on and an MP recover gear you can keep it on indefinitely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited December 2009
    Demon Barrage of Arrows -> 655 MP / 2.5s

Thats 262 MP/s, far more than any other class and archers dont have lots of MP.

You're really complaining about 24 MP/s?

Undine strike -> 600 mp 1 second.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    AN assassins mage stat will always be 5, there not mana based characters so why should there signature skill drain it?
    Using pots won't work either, and I sure as hell ain't wasting charms.

Seems like lot of people are crying about how assassins can stay invis, or abuse the skill? Lmao? I play sin in lot of mmo in the past, and no one had problem with it.

Well if you don't wanna use pots or waste charms, use MP powder(s). Anyways, how do you think Archers feel when they use barrage? It sucks up what? 500 MP every 5 seconds? Learn to play your class then QQ.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well if you don't wanna use pots or waste charms, use MP powder(s). Anyways, how do you think Archers feel when they use barrage? It sucks up what? 500 MP every 5 seconds? Learn to play your class then QQ.

Are you serious lmao? I always been this class, You must be a noob comparing a non-attack skill to attack skills, it makes sense for archers to tick, as it ticks you deal damage.

As invis ticks, nothing happens?
    No one ain't giving a valid point as to why changing to;

Shadow Walk
    Cost 100mp

Is so wrong? But I hope it does get better as I level.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    You've always been this class? Then you're a noob and thus you are not as experienced as the rest of us right? If that is so, then please understand that 25-15 mana/second is not a lot....

You say that if invis ticks then nothing happens right? If that is so then why even use it? By that logic, you can use attacks because they do stuff, you can use cleric heals because they do stuff, but apparently turning invisible isn't doing anything =P

/kthxbye =P
  • IYWerewolf - Dreamweaver
    IYWerewolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why do people keep comparing Assassins to magic using classes? If you have any arguement about how other classes use tons of mana per second...At least only use non caster classes.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Are you serious lmao? I always been this class, You must be a noob comparing a non-attack skill to attack skills, it makes sense for archers to tick, as it ticks you deal damage.

Shadow Walk
    Cost 100mp

Now, I haven't seen shadow walk in PvP yet, but if it works the way I think it does, it is well worth the (minuscule) mana drain. If no one can target you while it's active, you're effectively invincible, unless you carelessly step into an AoE. Since there are no non-target AoE spells that deal damage, you have more of an advantage than in other games, where someone could just nuke the ground if you get close.

Being nigh invincible until you attack? In my opinion, it's too powerful, and the mana drain should be increased.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Why do people keep comparing Assassins to magic using classes? If you have any arguement about how other classes use tons of mana per second...At least only use non caster classes.

It's because all classes use mana for their skills =P What does it matter if one is a spell and one is not? The point is that all the classes have skills that take a lot of mana.... and that shadow walk is not one of them =P
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Shadow Walk
    Cost 100mp

If nothing happens, then why are you using it? There's no real reason that I can see using it except for in TW for killing Clerics + Wizards + maybe Nix Venos and archers with a surprise attack. And by then, you'd have to be around lvl 50 - 60, so wait until then when you level it up and have a larger MP pool.

BTW, you're not exactly giving a valid point it should be. All your doing is complaining that you don't WANT to use MP charms or pots. Therefore, you don't exactly NEED the skill (yet). If you really want to use this skill, pile up some money to buy powders\pots\charms to use it. You know, if people start QQing about being rigged when it does get changed, its gonna get changed back and the cycles gonna start all over so just give up on this.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    _vincent- well said b:thanks
    edited December 2009
    You've always been this class? Then you're a noob and thus you are not as experienced as the rest of us right? If that is so, then please understand that 25-15 mana/second is not a lot....

You say that if invis ticks then nothing happens right? If that is so then why even use it? By that logic, you can use attacks because they do stuff, you can use cleric heals because they do stuff, but apparently turning invisible isn't doing anything =P

/kthxbye =P
    It's because all classes use mana for their skills =P What does it matter if one is a spell and one is not? The point is that all the classes have skills that take a lot of mana.... and that shadow walk is not one of them =P

Yeah but the classes your mentioning have an enormous mana pool compared to Assassins...That's why it matters. If I have 500 mana and 24 is ticking away a second...It's a bit different then if someone has 2000 mana and 24 is ticking away a second...Not to mention magic users will be regaining more mana back while whatever skill is going at their mana pool is active. Mana heavy classes also usually tend to have a way to regen mana back even faster through skills...Assassins do not to my knowledge
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    But there's the thing, to them, 24 mana/sec is nothing, their's is proportional to their mana pools for the most part. But also, you shouldn't be in shadow form for very long, a simple pot can restore half of my mana, and that is about 15 seconds of invisible, you'll almost never need more than that. And if you do, then you should be taking precautions to not run out of mana.

Also, the good thing about having almost no mana, is that pots restore almost all of it =P Unlike those other classes, we don't need a ton of pots just to restore our pool
    edited December 2009
    I'm not even argueing the usage of the skill with pots or anything...I'm just saying people throwing up big numbers for other mana using classes is kinda silly...Even if the cost is vastly more for some other class skills...They also have wayyy more mana and wayyy more mana regen is all I'm saying. Hard to compare a skills mana cost/usage when no other class has a skill like stealth.